• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Even more than just having friends, I think a tough part is finding people where everyone is willing to have their personality fit into a certain slot. Like a LCS team or something.

You have people who go #YOLO_BARON_SWAG like Kiunch, and people who farm forever like me and don't like diving, and people who try to make overall map calls, and people who try to make individual micro calls etc.

The rough part is who do you listen to? Unless your group just naturally all is at the same skill level and you all understand similar things, or unless one person is naturally the leader, or unless one person is the designated captain, you end up with people saying conflicting things. One person will say go bot lane, and another person will say go somewhere else (or that a player should have gone somewhere else). Now you're in a situation where people are either mad or confused because 2 or 3 were just being followers, and 2 were being strategy-callers but conflicting, and 1 is just annoyed and wants the game to end, and everything is a mess. :p

Sometimes maybe it's the most fun if people just do their best, but laugh it off when things go bad. Tension gets especially bad when things get competitive in MOBAs.

I love playing with my friends, but I just feel like some of them have this weird way of going about things in the game. It just doesn't make sense to me. I feel like its just bad habits had worked for them for so long that whenever they do something wrong it's always "not my fault" or "I did fine that game" not realizing that not feeding and being a nonfactor isnt a good thing. Sometimes when we play together at one of our houses I just wanna reach across the table and give em a smack.

yeah, this is pretty much it. they've all been playing much longer than me and just can't seem to figure out what's dumb and what isn't.

Like, I don't mind them being bad but it becomes a chore to get them to listen, then someone thinks it's funny not to listen and... yeah. Like I want to enjoy games with them, not be pulling my hair out because people are doing dumb shit and not listening.

Ferrio

Banned
yeah, this is pretty much it. they've all been playing much longer than me and just can't seem to figure out what's dumb and what isn't.

Like, I don't mind them being bad but it becomes a chore to get them to listen, then someone thinks it's funny not to listen and... yeah. Like I want to enjoy games with them, not be pulling my hair out because people are doing dumb shit and not listening.

In the end most people don't play the game competitively and you just gotta accept that.

edit: Really in those situations you have two choices

1. Play so try-hard that you single handed crush the other team.
2. Go goofy with stuff you'd normally not be able to play.

Newt

Man, it's getting to the point where I can't play with my friends any more. Like, how do I get people to listen? there's 5 of us, we're all in a skype call, but they just do so many dumb things and have 0 game sense. it wrecks my head.

it's making me not enjoy the game anymore.
You can play with GAF. Though on NA GAF depending on the people, the situation could get better or worse.

Mothman91

Man, it's getting to the point where I can't play with my friends any more. Like, how do I get people to listen? there's 5 of us, we're all in a skype call, but they just do so many dumb things and have 0 game sense. it wrecks my head.

But aren't they Riot members.

Bm

Leezard

I know the feeling. Solution? play aram with them, play serious when not with them. It's so frustrating when you are trying to help someone get better and they refuse to listen.

Leezard

I haven't really gotten a grasp on Braum as of yet. He is really weak pre-6 to poke, but his all in potential is quite potent post-6. I think I will try to ban him when I play ranked until I have played more against him.

Blizzard

Banned
In the end most people don't play the game competitively and you just gotta accept that.

edit: Really in those situations you have two choices

1. Play so try-hard that you single handed crush the other team.
2. Go goofy with stuff you'd normally not be able to play.
Yup, and in my case trying option 2 is probably more fun if they aren't people who get super upset about being competitive. With the few people I know outside of GAF who play League, I would mostly just stick with ARAM to things stay silly and simple.

Snowman

Playing with friends is the best part of LoL, sure it can be frustrating when people don't listen or make bad decisions/fuck up but it's whatever, not everyone plays the game as much as I do, it's fine that some of them might not be as good ya know?

It's not like i'm perfect anyway, I make a fuckton of mistakes every game, I'm plat 3, not challenger, so who am I to get pissy when other people don't do things right?

Even if there are obvious weak links in your team, that just makes it more of a challenge - puts pressure on me to play even better which is cool. And nothing is better than playing 5s and coming back from a losing situation with really nice teamplay.

But then we're mostly all really good friends that have known each other and been playing games with each other for a really long time, we know when it's gonna be cool to give criticism, when it's okay to make fun, and when to just stay quiet.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Even more than just having friends, I think a tough part is finding people where everyone is willing to have their personality fit into a certain slot. Like a LCS team or something.

You have people who go #YOLO_BARON_SWAG like Kiunch, and people who farm forever like me and don't like diving, and people who try to make overall map calls, and people who try to make individual micro calls etc.

The rough part is who do you listen to? Unless your group just naturally all is at the same skill level and you all understand similar things, or unless one person is naturally the leader, or unless one person is the designated captain, you end up with people saying conflicting things. One person will say go bot lane, and another person will say go somewhere else (or that a player should have gone somewhere else). Now you're in a situation where people are either mad or confused because 2 or 3 were just being followers, and 2 were being strategy-callers but conflicting, and 1 is just annoyed and wants the game to end, and everything is a mess. :p

Sometimes maybe it's the most fun if people just do their best, but laugh it off when things go bad. Tension gets especially bad when things get competitive in MOBAs.

The listen order is recommended by kiunch as follow:

1.#YOLO_BARON_SWAG like Kiunch
2.fire in your house and you need to run instead of doing baron with kiunch
3.#YOLO_BARON_SWAG like Kiunch
4."people who try to make individual micro calls"
5."people who try to make overall map calls"
6.food
7.shop
8.alt tab to gaf
9.afk
10."people who farm forever like me and don't like diving"

zkylon

zkylewd
Playing with friends is the best part of LoL, sure it can be frustrating when people don't listen or make bad decisions/fuck up but it's whatever, not everyone plays the game as much as I do, it's fine that some of them might not be as good ya know?

It's not like i'm perfect anyway, I make a fuckton of mistakes every game, I'm plat 3, not challenger, so who am I to get pissy when other people don't do things right?

Even if there are obvious weak links in your team, that just makes it more of a challenge - puts pressure on me to play even better which is cool. And nothing is better than playing 5s and coming back from a losing situation with really nice teamplay.

But then we're mostly all really good friends that have known each other and been playing games with each other for a really long time, we know when it's gonna be cool to give criticism, when it's okay to make fun, and when to just stay quiet.

yea it's not completely like that, i've always felt like a weak link when playing with my friends, i haven't handedly won lane in like forever and don't really play fotm champions and go on tilt real easy, but it gets tiring when you want different things from the game than your friends

tbh i wish i was stronger and could tell em straight

that's what you get for not accepting our invites costy
it makes me really happy that costy is catching on

I know the feeling. Solution? play aram with them, play serious when not with them. It's so frustrating when you are trying to help someone get better and they refuse to listen.

Yeah I think i'll have to start doing that. Like I try to say it nicely and not get pissed off but... :/

that's what you get for not accepting our invites costy

I wasn't going to play, but it looked like my internet was actually starting to be ok and I think you guys were in game. The my ISP trolled my ass.

But aren't they Riot members.

-_-

It's not that i think I'm perfect or anything, but I do think that I have a level of game sense above theirs and trying to get them to listen to me is a chore. Like, if we lose we lose. shit happens. But when I tell them I'm going to split top so they should 4-man push a lane because the enemy needs 3 people to kill me, and instead of doing that they're standing around the jungle with their fingers up their holes while I get 3-manned it's like... banging my head against a wall.

yea it's not completely like that, i've always felt like a weak link when playing with my friends, i haven't handedly won lane in like forever and don't really play fotm champions and go on tilt real easy, but it gets tiring when you want different things from the game than your friends

tbh i wish i was stronger and could tell em straight

it makes me really happy that costy is catching on

it doesn't make me happy :(

hmpf

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah, my personal take is that and his E are overtuned.

"Ya let's take leona's Q, make it's duration longer, put it on a shorter time, do more damage.... oh and let's just make it passive"

I'm betting it'll be nerfed.

The only thing it doesn't have going for it is it can't be reduced via CD reduction.

DeadNames

Banned
"Ya let's take leona's Q, make it's duration longer, put it on a shorter time, do more damage.... oh and let's just make it passive"

The only thing it doesn't have going for it is it can't be reduced via CD reduction.

Welllll to be fair, it's his only form of hard CC pre-6.

Ferrio

Banned
Yes they do :/

Leona: Root and stun

Alistar: Knockback and knockup

Blitz: hook and knockup

Thresh: hook and flay (knockup/displacement)

I'd be hard pressed to call leona's E or Alistar's E a hard cc. Maybe alistar's E.. but I never really considered it as such. Huh.

edit: Regardless splitting hairs at this point. A hard cc and 70% slow at lvl 1 is pretty fucking damaging.

Snowman

leona's q is instant though, braums requires at least 3 autos (which actually takes a decent amount of time at level 1 or 2 when no one has attack speed)

DeadNames

Banned
None of those have multiple hard ccs pre six.

edit; Okay thresh maybe, is flay considered hard cc?

ACTIVE: Leona projects a solar image of her sword, dealing magic damage to all enemies in a line. Leona will dash to the last enemy champion struck, briefly immobilizing them as she travels

ACTIVE: Leona's next basic attack will be a shield slam, dealing additional magic damage and stunning the target for 1.25 seconds.

Additionally, increases Leona's basic attack range by 30 (to 155) while the effect is active.

Ferrio

Banned
leona's q is instant though, braums requires at least 3 autos (which actually takes a decent amount of time at level 1 or 2 when no one has attack speed)

Unless your opponent automatically runs soon as you apply the first hit of the passive it's going to likely trigger. Braum himself will most likely cause at least 2 (his Q + basic attack), and your Ad will certainly get the other two. So your opponent either has to back down or they're going to get stunned in the fight... either way you've won the trade.

Immobilize isn't a hard CC.

Unless your opponent automatically runs soon as you apply the first hit of the passive it's going to most likely trigger. Braum himself will cause at least 2 (his Q + basic attack), and your Ad will certainly get the other two. So your opponent either has to back down or they're going to get stunned in the fight... either way you've won the trade.

immobilize is a hard cc. it stops you from performing an action (moving).

and that's his only offence in lane. He has his Q/passive and that's it. It has to be pretty strong for him to even have a laning phase.

DeadNames

Banned
Unless your opponent automatically runs soon as you apply the first hit of the passive it's going to likely trigger. Braum himself will most likely cause at least 2 (his Q + basic attack), and your Ad will certainly get the other two. So your opponent either has to back down or they're going to get stunned in the fight... either way you've won the trade.

How is it not hard CC?

drawkcaB

There's something about Braum's kit that definitely feels too strong. Maybe it's the 70% fading slow? That's awfully strong for something that will then stun you for ~1s. It makes it very easy to apply the passive.

I'm not terrible worried though. There's multiple ways to reduced his strength. Many levels on the kit in Riot parlance.

PhillipCostigan said:
and that's his only offence in lane. He has his Q/passive and that's it. It has to be pretty strong for him to even have a laning phase.

Well, I don't necessarily agree with this in a general sense. Janna does fuck all for damage, for instance.

Ferrio

Banned
immobilize is a hard cc. it stops you from performing an action (moving).

It's a root, roots are soft CC.

If you still retain some of your action while CC'ed it's soft.

edit:

By the way I'm in no way calling for nerfs. I'm just saying I won't be surprised if it happens.

Snowman

you're over simplifying, what's the matchup? say your adc gets hit by braums's q, as leona you just run up and q their adc, stopping them from adding stacks
as zyra you just grasping roots the people chasing and you instantly stop any threat of the passive getting 4 stacks

pretending there's no counterplay in lane is silly

There's something about Braum's kit that definitely feels too strong. Maybe it's the 70% fading slow? That's awfully strong for something that will then stun you for ~1s. It makes it very easy to apply the passive.

I'm not terrible worried though. There's multiple ways to reduced his strength. Many levels on the kit in Riot parlance.

Well, I don't necessarily agree with this in a general sense. Janna does fuck all for damage, for instance.

I think it's the slow, honestly. It feels probably a bit too strong.

And Janna also has a long range aoe knockup, a targeted slow, shield that gives AD and a local movement speed bonus.

She has a fuckheap of utility. She has 3 ways of being both offensive and defensive. Braum has one real way of being offensive and 2 very defensive abilities. Braum's also melee and is very susceptible to poke and has no built-in sustain.

Ferrio

Banned
you're over simplifying, what's the matchup? say your adc gets hit by braums's q, as leona you just run up and q their adc, stopping them from adding stacks
as zyra you just grasping roots the people chasing and you instantly stop any threat of the passive getting 4 stacks

pretending there's no counterplay in lane is silly

Ya there's counterplay, but I really dont think hitting the stacks is really that big of a deal. Even if you manage to not get it, the cd is extremely short and 0 mana to do.

Ferga

I remember when I use to play with my mates (around 6 of them). I only had 1 mate that was actually decent at the game. (Some of GAF played with him)

When I played with the rest, I just picked out of meta champs and fed with the rest of them while laughing on skype.

Snowman

Ya there's counterplay, but I really dont think hitting the stacks is really that big of a deal. Even if you manage to not get it, the cd is extremely short and 0 mana to do.

the q has a cooldown and mana cost though, and you're hardly gonna be walking up and just auto attacking the adc in lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom