• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
and u know, how can you forget about dragqueen mf

miss_fortune_candycaneskin.jpg

Anyone here having heavy FPS issues since the last patch?

I used to play with 60 fps with character quality very high, environment medium, effects high, no shadows, benchmark and no vertical sync. Now after 5-6 minutes it drops to 7-10 fps, sometimes even 2-4 fps.

It's unplayable.

Even if I set everything to low (before last patch when I used to do that I could get 100-110 fps) now I only get 14 fps if I'm lucky.

It sucks.

Only thing running in the background is avast, and sometimes teamspeak. Already uninstalled, deleted everything. Reinstalled (without PMB) and still the same. I just tried reinstalling again, this time using this.

garath

I used to play with 60 fps with character quality very high, environment medium, effects high, no shadows, benchmark and no vertical sync. Now after 5-6 minutes it drops to 7-10 fps, sometimes even 2-4 fps.

It's unplayable.

Even if I set everything to low (before last patch when I used to do that I could get 100-110 fps) now I only get 14 fps if I'm lucky.

It sucks.

Only thing running in the background is avast, and sometimes teamspeak. Already uninstalled, deleted everything. Reinstalled (without PMB) and still the same. I just tried reinstalling again, this time using this

Do you have curse voice? I read somewhere that it was causing fps issues.

I don't have curse voice I wish that was the problem. I hate it when I don't even know what the problem is.

This is what I have (and specs):

I just tried uninstalling teamspeak yesterday and playing without it to see if maybe it was that. It wasn't.

Tizoc

Lately I've been altering how I build my items.
With Fiora I find that a defensive boots is enough on her far as defense goes until I make Guardian Angel.
First I make Hydra>Last Whisper>Bilgewater Cutlass>BorK/GA>Extra weapon

How do you Twitch players manage your mana? Do you not use up any until you're ready to stealth and attack them?

...and is BoRK worth spending the 1800 gold on after I make Cutlass or should I just build it later? Is its passive that effective in the early game?

I don't have curse voice I wish that was the problem. I hate it when I don't even know what the problem is.

I just tried uninstalling teamspeak yesterday and playing without it to see if maybe it was that. It wasn't.

curious. PC specs?

How do you Twitch players manage your mana? Do you not use up any until you're ready to stealth and attack them?
Yep. No reason to unless you're looking to waveclear with the W and E.

Jeff-DSA

Hmm, intereseting.

My Fiora build is probably well behind the meta, but I haven't played around with things too much since my Ranked win rate with her is 75% and generally it's due to my impact on things. I build very little defense on her, focusing more on life steal and attack speed to just turn her into a easier on the eyes version of Jax with an ult that essentially guarantees a kill.

I should try more builds, I know, but what I'm doing is working so well that I'm just rolling with it.

...and is BoRK worth spending the 1800 gold on after I make Cutlass or should I just build it later? Is its passive that effective in the early game?
Don't be afraid to use mana. Early on, Q is your way out, not your way in. Focus on harass with W and E. Just make sure you always have enough mana for Q.

As for BotRK, you definitely want to finish it before anything most of the time.

Mothman91

There's always fps problems with new patches. Maybe check the LoL subreddit and check it out.

Ocho

It's unplayable.

It sucks.

Only thing running in the background is avast, and sometimes teamspeak. Already uninstalled, deleted everything. Reinstalled (without PMB) and still the same. I just tried reinstalling again, this time using this.

Your computer may be overheating. Check temps.

curious. PC specs?

Yep. No reason to unless you're looking to waveclear with the W and E.

Windows 8.1
Intel Core i3 370M @ 2.40 GHz
RAM 4 GB, Dual-Channel DDR3 @532 MHz
512 MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500
HDD 465 GB (Seagate ST9500420AS [SATA] )

Your computer may be overheating. Check temps.

I hope it's that, I didn't feel that my computer was overheating. (I would know it gets really hot when playing Minecraft).

CPU was around 45-50°C, Motherboard 25-30°C, Graphics 50-60°C, and HDD 40-45°C

Yesterday I disassembled my laptop to clean it of any dust, I have yet to test it since I was downloading the game again.

There's always fps problems with new patches. Maybe check the LoL subreddit and check it out.

I didn't found anything in reddit but in the league forums there were some people with the same problem (60 fps to 10 fps, and freezes) but there wasn't any solution yet, or red post.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I didn't even know they had ranked dominion. I remember back in the day they moved dominion to the default selection when you hit play, that was fun times.

zkylon

zkylewd

you know i kinda wish they did like small quality passes to the old skins whenever they do something like this

like look at this

j4's skin isn't super bad in concept, just needs a bit of texture polish, making the colors a bit more harmonic, tone down the crazy contrast a bit, give him a livelier skin color, etc. same with vayne.

i feel like taking these launches as opportunities to give a bit more value to shit they've already released and they're gonna be putting a spotlight on is kind of a good idea. like you can't do much about the awful vayne concept or the derpy jarvan face, at least not for cheap, but bringing the old skins in line with the new ones thru texture updates sounds like a good idea to me

Ferrio

Banned
Bah I hate this staggered release crap. We don't need special events for every damn skin, just let me buy the damn skin already.

zkylon

zkylewd
So, Dota2's compendium has been an unreal success this year. 5 million prize pool in 1 week. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=819640

I don't see Riot creating something as genius as this for making money. Maybe they don't need it.
Maybe they already did by selling champs
they don't need it at all and it would be cool if rito just didn't give a fuck and put whatever money they want

no need to one up doto

Well that's easy. Not a single sale skin I want to buy all of May.

i don't really like the lux skin but you know, i kinda want to have em all or some reason

ahri skin is pretty cool and so is nidalee's

i'll prolly just buy nida's cos i really like the sound bushwacks make when you step on them with that skin on

garath

they don't need it at all and it would be cool if rito just didn't give a fuck and put whatever money they want

no need to one up doto

i don't really like the lux skin but you know, i kinda want to have em all or some reason

ahri skin is pretty cool and so is nidalee's

i'll prolly just buy nida's cos i really like the sound bushwacks make when you step on them with that skin on

I have the ahri skin. It's not that great. Foxfire is the only decent one (or popstar if that's your deal :p)

Einbroch

Banned
i really appreciate riot doesn't make complicated things like compendium

i have no patience for that shit

Complicated?

You can just buy it for the experience (IP) boost and get your money's worth. Plus you get free couriers (skins). It levels up when you play, or you can do challenges and level it up faster, which either gives you skins or a higher experience multiplier.

I bought it last year and this year and haven't touched anything in it and can reap the rewards.

zkylon

zkylewd
Complicated?

You can just buy it for the experience (IP) boost and get your money's worth. Plus you get free couriers (skins). It levels up when you play, or you can do challenges and level it up faster, which either gives you skins or a higher experience multiplier.

I bought it last year and this year and haven't touched anything in it and can reap the rewards.
how's that not complicated :I

zkylon

zkylewd
if you can buy the skins outright with money then it's ok but i don't want to pay to be able to grind for skins

i don't want all that other crap

Einbroch

Banned
if you can buy the skins outright with money then it's ok but i don't want to pay to be able to grind for skins

i don't want all that other crap

It's an IP boost. A two month 200%+ IP boost. And you contribute to the prize pool. And you get limited edition skins that can't be gotten any other way (and you don't have to grind for them, you just get them).

I mean, if you don't want all that for $10, then you don't want it, but it's not complicated. :p

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm not saying it's not a good deal

i'm saying i don't want to have to work to get the skins (don't you have to reach like level 10 or something?)

i just want them right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom