• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
at 23 bucks that's still a ripoff comparatively.

that's similar in price to Spirit Guard Udyr +/- a dollar or two.
there is, of course, an important difference to be mentioned here.

I can sell my Arcana items for cash at any time to anyone who has the money to pay for them. I can sell them on a plethora of websites dedicated to item selling and trading. I can sell them via paypal. I can sell them using MoneyPak. Hell, I can sell them using direct bank account transfer. If I don't want cash, I can trade them for other in-game items or sell them on Valve's Marketplace for ValveBuxx that I can put towards games or items sold on Steam. And on the flip side, if I don't want to pay cash for them, I can get them by trading some of my other in-game items at my leisure on those aforementioned item trading sites.

Spirit Guard Udyr may be a more involved creation than the Arcana offerings Valve has come up with, but Spirit Guard Udyr/Ezreal have absolutely NO resale value at all. That inherently makes them worth less than advertised in my book. It wouldn't stop me from picking up a $35 Jayce skin because he's my fav...but I shouldn't need to feel married to a character to pick up a skin. I might want to enjoy it for a while, then simply trade it away. But I understand that's Riot's business model and the only way to recoup some of that investment is to go against their TOS and sell your entire account. Or only buy what you *know* you really like. It's just...less fun that way.

Leezard

For the new page:

Okay we are full now is everyone sorta ready, this is the roll call

brian! - check
zkylon - check
costy
Schmattakopf - check
Ferrio
BriseFlots
edwardo

I'll start this within 5 minutes I think, since everyone joined in the last 15 minutes it should probably be ok

Blizzard

Banned

brian!
zkylon
costy
Schmattakopf
Ferrio
BriseFlots
mmmCHOWDAH (who is this?)
I'm signing onto costy's team by proxy. He ought to have insider knowledge.

If he crashes and burns I'm cheering for Schmattakopf.

brian!

wait can you trade players in this
if i make faux reddit posts in this thread about trades will you guys comment like they are real
is that basically roleplaying

Ferrio

Banned
For the new page:

brian! - check
zkylon - check
costy
Schmattakopf - check
Ferrio
BriseFlots
edwardo

I'll start this within 5 minutes I think, since everyone joined in the last 15 minutes it should probably be ok

take me out, i was just seeing wtf it was. I have no interest in it... way too much work.

Leezard

take me out, i was just seeing wtf it was. I have no interest in it... way too much work.

Sorry I cannot do any more than just starting the draft. I can't remove anyone. I guess you will be an empty spot getting default players so that noone else can get them.

I'm starting the draft very soon.

edit: I started it but I think it froze instantly.

ok, there will not be much point in trying anymore now I think the servers are getting hammered.

brian!

dang lil baby bro
aint it fun and still into u are top 5 pop for me from last year
i cant listen to league parody songs tho they make me feel weird
almost all the songs are about how the community is bad or how they fucked up the opposition i dunno

Ferrio

Banned
What do you guys use to level up your skills? I currently still use mouse click and it's fucking holding me back..but I can't figure out what to bind it to. The shift/alt/ctrl + key is awkward as well.

edit: guess i'll just use zxcv.... V is my bind to voice... but i'll only press it like 3 times for leveling my ult...so no biggie.

Edwardo

What do you guys use to level up your skills? I currently still use mouse click and it's fucking holding me back..but I can't figure out what to bind it to. The shift/alt/ctrl + key is awkward as well.

I've been trying out a bunch of different ones because ctrl click makes my fingers move awkwardly. I've yet to find a way that I like.

zkylon

zkylewd
dang lil baby bro
aint it fun and still into u are top 5 pop for me from last year
i cant listen to league parody songs tho they make me feel weird
almost all the songs are about how the community is bad or how they fucked up the opposition i dunno

he's like a srs baby, no messing around like i was

and i dunno i liked that excuses song from instalok

edit: guess i'll just use zxcv.... V is my bind to voice... but i'll only press it like 3 times for leveling my ult...so no biggie.

ctrl+button for me

z i use for chat history which is important for like drag timers :I

I tried to use Ctrl+Q/W/E/R as a level up shortcut for a while, but never properly adjusted to it. I messed around with different options and found Alt+Q/W/E/R to be perfect for me. It has definitely improved my ability to quickly harass/all-in at level 2.

Ferrio

Banned
he's like a srs baby, no messing around like i was

and i dunno i liked that excuses song from instalok

ctrl+button for me

z i use for chat history which is important for like drag timers :I

Figure I could bind chat history to something else.

TomShoe

Banned
I normally use the spacebar and QWER, personally.

Question. Stomped lane as Renekton vs. Riven, Yasuo mid fed Kayle who promptly deleted us. Any tips on how I could have played better?

Ferrio

Banned
I normally use the spacebar and QWER, personally.

Question. Stomped lane as Renekton vs. Riven, Yasuo mid fed Kayle who promptly deleted us. Any tips on how I could have played better?

Isn't rene's weakness late game? Seems to me you played fine, crushed riven which is your job as a lane bully. Rene might not have the tools to carry past that? Not sure... don't play rene...

I didn't even know they had ranked dominion. I remember back in the day they moved dominion to the default selection when you hit play, that was fun times.
On European servers, Dominion never had Ranked matches. Not once. Riot kept beating around the bush about how they were waiting for the mode to mature and after they had re-iterated on its state of balance, but eventually they just posted a reply saying "oh there's too little demand for Dominion Ranked matches nowadays" after the community repeatedly kept asking for an answer.

It was cool that Nome and his motley crew of designers occupied themselves with Twisted Treeline and Dominion, but their involvement appears to have been fairly short-lived unfortunately.

apparently that pantheon bug was actually an intended nerf they just forgot to tell people about.

so yeah

by the skin at your own risk because he's nerfed
It was a nerf they briefly had up on PBE, then reverted it after a day or something, followed by a red post reflecting on how it was an inappropriate change and that they're looking for different ways to rebalance him.

Didn't pass the memo to the LIVE team it seems and they can't be bothered to hotfix it, so yeah. No mention of it in the patch notes, so I doubt it's intentional.

garath

Yeah. I thought it was universally held that the panth ult increased fall time sucks. I am going to be really annoyed if that was intended. I just bought the skin :(

Ferrio

Banned
Yeah. I thought it was universally held that the panth ult increased fall time sucks. I am going to be really annoyed if that was intended. I just bought the skin :(

"R - Grand Skyfall
BUGFIX Pantheon can no longer cast spells until he's finished landing
BUGFIX Grand Skyfall's animation and damage now better match each other. The timing is unchanged from when the enemy indicator appears to when damage occurs, but Pantheon now visually lands 0.5 seconds later."

garath

"R - Grand Skyfall
BUGFIX Pantheon can no longer cast spells until he's finished landing
BUGFIX Grand Skyfall's animation and damage now better match each other. The timing is unchanged from when the enemy indicator appears to when damage occurs, but Pantheon now visually lands 0.5 seconds later."

Is that in the notes? I guess by visually landing .5 seconds later that also means he can't do anything for .5 seconds longer. Ugh.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah my friend has been playing him right now with the skin and his ults were hilariously overtelegraphed

i don't really mind, i want to play panth top again anyways

Blizzard

Banned
threshitlsi.png

Tales of ranked. We were begging Thresh to buy a trinket.

He was typing things like ",,,late" so they might not be a native English speaker. Maybe they thought we were asking for the ward-clearing trinket, when I just wanted him to get ANY trinket. He got the red trinket and seemed to clear wards effectively so it worked out though.

Edwardo

threshitlsi.png

Tales of ranked. We were begging Thresh to buy a trinket.

He was typing things like ",,,late" so they might not be a native English speaker. Maybe they thought we were asking for the ward-clearing trinket, when I just wanted him to get ANY trinket. He got the red trinket and seemed to clear wards effectively so it worked out though.

Did swaglife3 carry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom