• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

(real time to iem im bad)
t1394881200z4.png

TIME TO IEM
http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_lol
WILL NA WIN AN INTERNATIONAL EVENT FOR ONCE?!

TODAY:
IG v FNATIC
GMB v WE

Group B losers finals
Group B semis
Isn't there also Group A semis?

He's a close proximity burst mage that gains defensive stats. How does that not make sense?
"Undead, Schwarzenegger quoting axe-wielder with mass lifesteal? BURST MAGE!"

Him being this awkward, illogical mish-mash of concepts is why they're reworking him from the ground up in the first place.

They've been "working on it" for so long I'm almost ready to write it off. I suppose some of the other reworks were on the back burner forever, as well, but Sion's been in traction forever.

I think the problem is you have to convince a group of game designers and artists to work on Sion when they could be doing literally anything else. Like, they probably get the "Sion Rework Team" together in a room and everyone volunteers to be the one to go make coffee.
Sion's problem isn't that no one is willing to work on his rework, it's that he takes up more work from the dedicated development team than any other remade champion they've done to date. They're looking to start anew with his aesthetics and character (+ lore I suppose) on top of him devising a more thematically appropriate kit. Trundle, Sejuani and Karma were also done from scratch (sorta), but at least with those they already knew of a core appeal they wanted to retain (troll & barbarian on a boar & Buddhist mage) as well as a functional skill set foundation they could mold into something that's more appropriate for League's current state. Not really the case with Sion with what their artists have been saying on the forums.

Fuzzery

What game are you working on?

Hah, it's going as I predicted.

Without that cheese comp, fnc's rotations are just much better

Sion needs both a new kit and a relaunch of his theme. He's the same as what happened to Karma - which took fucking forever - and on top of it he has like a billion skins they need to redo as well. It's probably the biggest rework this game will ever see so no wonder it'll take a long while.

Fnatic's looking better, but it seems that we still need to do the European Public Service Announcement again:

You should never be able to say the words, "That was our 5th dragon of the game."

zkylon

zkylewd
yay for fnatic

i felt sorry for fiddle. he kept jumping in and nothing :(

What game are you working on?
for now it's kind of a sidescroller version of a game i really liked on ps1, deception 3, with some (tons of) changes. basically you're chased around by monsters and evil dudes and you set up magical traps which you can activate to make the bad guys die :p

started it last week, coming alone sort of fine. i probably should stop and write a doc somewhere

what are you using to make it?
gamemaker studio pro

i was thinking of doing it on cocos but cocos' windows support is awful. also c++ is tiring.

might port it to flixel+air if i find myself annoyed by gms

gms is pretty good but i've never done something this complicated with it

Really feels like WE are trying too hard to force plays they don't need to make. They could have just swept up some easy objectives and been well on their way to winning. They don't want to drag this to late game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Really feels like WE are trying too hard to force plays they don't need to make. They could have just swept up some easy objectives and been well on their way to winning. They don't want to drag this to late game.
i think that's just how the chinese play?

like it looks really crazy aggressive when it works but when it doesn't you can tell it's kinda sloppy and overeager

i think that's just how the chinese play?

like it looks really crazy aggressive when it works but when it doesn't you can tell it's kinda sloppy and overeager

It's how WE play, yeah. There are Chinese teams with more measured aggression, though.

My main problem is that they had huge advantages and did almost no conversion of objectives off them. It might be different if they had a team that could snowball off the kills they're chasing, but honestly they don't; they have a hard early game advantage team that needs to close out major map advantages before their scaling goes to shit.

Gambit turned that game around well. At this rate, of the 4 remaining teams 3 will be Western teams. That would be so awesome after all the "West is weak" people.

Well I mean, the best chinese and korean teams aren't there after all ;)

WE is 2nd in China iirc, C9 is 2nd in NA, Gambit is tied with Roccat for 1st in EU. I don't recall what IG and KTB are, but these aren't bottom tier teams. Even if there are stronger teams in their respective regions, it shows that the West isin't a pushover like people thought.

Snowman

Genja loves sniping, and CDR is huge on varus

And then Bilgewater/botrk though? Before last whisper, and if you've gone IE first (which is insane anyway) then surely it's way better to get PD for the extra crit chance. If he went BT into zephyr I'd see your point, I just think he does what he wants.

Boken

Banned
great game by gambit

EU strikes back
WE is 2nd in China iirc, C9 is 2nd in NA, Gambit is tied with Roccat for 1st in EU. I don't recall what IG and KTB are, but these aren't bottom tier teams. Even if there are stronger teams in their respective regions, it shows that the West isin't a pushover like people thought.

ig r 8th in china, ktb are a b-tier korean team now (around 4-5th)

KTB's kind of hard to place because of the way the Korean "season" works. They were 3rd in Winter's total circuit points, if I remember correctly, which means they're still in a position where they could take 1st/2nd with a good enough performance in Spring.

Edit: Though it's worth noting that all indications are that SKT remains head and shoulders beyond even the other Korean teams.

Snowman

Naw B, I'm pretty sure general consensus is that OMG and LDG are better than WE right now, and KTB are no SKTT1, not by a long way.

But yeah, it's cool to see it isn't an all asian teams > all western teams situation. I really wish TSM was there instead of millenium, but oh well.

Boken

Banned
KTB's kind of hard to place because of the way the Korean "season" works. They were 3rd in Winter's total circuit points, if I remember correctly, which means they're still in a position where they could take 1st/2nd with a good enough performance in Spring.

Edit: Though it's worth noting that all indications are that SKT remains head and shoulders beyond even the other Korean teams.

they were 3rd in winter, but the team changes left the team for the worser now

as i believe, KTA is considered the "A" team now in the KT org

Well, it's fair to say KTB are still "expected" to be better than non-Korean teams, at least. I don't think that is an unfair/inaccurate statement.

Edit Moar: I'm not sure if KTA's better than KTB, but I definitely like them better now. Arrow's legitimately fun to watch and they do more with their champion select and strategies. I would say there's a pretty wide gulf between them and Samsung, though, even beyond the absolute abyss between Samsung and SKT1...

Boken

Banned
morg is a god with frostfang doe

what to do - the same spell instance can only proc spellthief on the same person once?

morg is a god with frostfang doe

what to do - the same spell instance can only proc spellthief on the same person once?

It would probably be okay. Morg could still get all procs with Binding -> Soil -> AA. I'd let Brand's passive damage count as a different "spell" for proc purposes (so max two procs from one spell by Brand), though, just because I want more Brand. The same with Zyra's plants being a proc separate from the spell that spawns them (provided the spell itself actually hits a player, obviously).

Boken

Banned
It would probably be okay. Morg could still get all procs with Binding -> Soil -> AA. I'd let Brand's passive damage count as a different "spell" for proc purposes (so max two procs from one spell by Brand), though, just because I want more Brand. The same with Zyra's plants being a proc separate from the spell that spawns them (provided the spell itself actually hits a player, obviously).

at least she has to AA in that scenario

right now morg can just soil beneath the adc+supp and get 3 stacks off

dirtay

maybe even "each spell instance can only proc spellthief once"
well in the game, brands pssive is considered a seperate spell (passive) - as with zyras plants

----------------
cmon GMB v TPA rematch

weird stuff like jax n sona support coming out

dis is why intl tournaments r so good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom