• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
It's actually because you (ideally) want the 1st place seeds to play in the Finals rather than an earlier stage of the tournament. As a tournament organizer you always want the Finals to have the two best teams in the tournament, which won't necessarily happen if the brackets are set up in a way where they could meet earlier.

(Of course, then underdogs go and ruin everything with their upsets.)

yea brain fart ur rite

This is a really standard group/tournament setup.

Dunno how people are getting confused,

It's not the way League (and IEM in specific) usually do it. The way it normally works in League:

Group A has four teams. Each team plays each other team once. They are then ranked by their record in group, with the 1st and 2nd place teams in the group advancing. It's pretty common to have a sudden death situation for the 2nd place slot.

Group B does the same.

After that, everything happens the way it does in this tournament: Group A #1 faces Group B #2, Group B #1 faces Group A #2, standard bracket through to the finish. (The only exception being that double-elimination brackets used to be popular, especially in Europe, meaning that losing teams would drop down to a "lower bracket" and you'd have situations where the Finals were often one team having to take one set while the other team had to take two sets, but... let's not worry about that.)

The only thing that's really that confusing is they keep referring to the "Groups" and "Group Stages" when they were in elimination brackets to begin with: 2 wins to get in, 2 losses and you're out. That's why we had some teams from the "groups" play each other twice, and some of them not play each other at all, which is something that never actually happens in a group/round robin.

Well, that and it's visually confusing to display the full bracket when you have a "lower bracket" that only feeds into the semi-finals rather than continuing the length of the tournament.

better caster than player :p

also wth this game is fucking intense

I want to say I remember Krepo trying to get a "push" to go caster during the whole EG/Alliance split, but he's had problems because he looks like a twelve year old and Deficio is just a far sexier ex-support.

zkylon

zkylewd
well to be fair to poor krepo i do think he's a really good player, it's just that his casting has been really good

tho i think he's got that voice that always sounds like he's about to tear up

froggen commentary is also really good but unfortunately for him he's got the bad kind of accent. unlike sex bomb deficio

also zombies are finally climbing down ladders. i'm dumb and made their aabbs too fat lol

tho i think he's got that voice that always sounds like he's about to tear up
Yeah, if he wants to be a shoutcaster he needs to be able to well, shout.

He's probably among the best commentators around though. He has a shtiton of knowledge and insight and can explain things perfectly. If you want people that don't understand the game to understand what's going on, Krepo's your man (tween, toddler)

Most of the "old" supports are probably better candidates for coaching, analyst, and casting positions, yeah. They have superior game knowledge, but most of them have pretty shoddy reflexes and questionable mechanics. I think going caster probably will be a great move for Krepo if he ever manages to push it through.

If Rekkles gets caught C9 could still win this pretty easily. Shyvana's getting big.
Yep. C9 is not that far behind, Hai should probably stop being useless now that he has his Dcap, Soaz can't manhandle them forever.

All it takes is Lemon not getting caught and dying right at the start.

EDIT - And then that happens.

thats too critical

if they got the LB, theyd have huge initiative
if they didnt get the LB, they lose

u got to see case 2

I dunno, man. If it was Rekkles, sure, "worth" x5 in chat. I really don't like blowing all my team's engagement tools for a single kill when there's a fed Vayne somewhere in the fog of war just waiting to hear, "Oh by the way they can't stop you anymore."

thats too critical

if they got the LB, theyd have huge initiative
if they didnt get the LB, they lose

u got to see case 2
The problem is case 2 was too risky with their comp. Like the chances of being able to catch Peke while blowing all their shit and still not getting rekt in a teamfight right after were too low, they have a lot of displacement but no real hard CC aside from Lemon's hook, all Peke needed was to WR away and they'd be left with nothing to deal with Rekkles and Soaz - which is what happened.

If they had done that with Rekkles that would've been a different story.

They were already so far behind they had to take a risk. They saw the opportunity for a pick against the fed LeBlanc which would have perhaps won them a fight and stopped a baron. Like they had to try something.

Boken

Banned
jeez that blonde guy with the horrible haircut should never get near a mic again.
o shitt
I dunno, man. If it was Rekkles, sure, "worth" x5 in chat. I really don't like blowing all my team's engagement tools for a single kill when there's a fed Vayne somewhere in the fog of war just waiting to hear, "Oh by the way they can't stop you anymore."

idk, without xpeke, fnatics comp is just single threat - even without gragas ult, its kinda dangerous for vayne to go straight up ham cos one barrel still chunks him

techincally you want to say "por que"

or actually "por qué"

but i forgive the second one since you probably have a silly keyboard with no ñ :p
Here in Brazil we have like 4 por que variations, including porque.

I never remember when to use each so I just use whatever.

zkylon

zkylewd
man i feel a 2-1

lemme sleeppppppp

plsssssss

Here in Brazil we have like 4 por que variations, including porque.

I never remember when to use each so I just use whatever.
didn't know you were from brazil

cool

but that's like 2 more variations than we have :(

hue?

I like that Krepo refers to win conditions as "having an out". Like, as if his mentality isn't so much, "We need to know how we're going to win the game" as "We need an out for when we're losing." Dat European hour-plus game mentality.

Authority

Banned
If you can afford Hydra I personally like hydra. It allows you to clear faster and it let you cancel your ridiculous long W animation. If you notice when you W you can't move... I mean they can't move for like .75 seconds, but you can't for .50 seconds.... (1.5 seconds for Fury W, and 1 second for you).

Hydra eliminates this problem just W (hydra active) and boom YOU'RE FREE!

So yea I prefer Hydra over Black Cleaver. But sometimes you know your team needs a tank asap (so you don't have time to get the 3K + gold for Hydra). So in these situations I like to go Brut for that cheap price then go defensive. I rarely finish off the BC until late game. Basically in those situations I go Brut > Defensive items X3 and if it gets to late game I will finish off the BC. Then maybe throw in a LW if the game gets to the point where I have 6 items. So if I go the BC route it usually ends up with boots, 3 defensive items, BC, LW (aka you have armor pen so your ADC can wreck havoc).

I don't have specific champion where I go "Must go BC, or must go Hydra." It just feel out "do i need to clear these minions and roam, or do I want some armor pen and CDR to all in RIGHT NOW."

For example a good case where I normally go brut is like maybe I all in at level 6 and get a kill. Go back to base with like 1500+ gold. I know if we all in again I'll most likely win. My team hasn't lost towers so I know lane phase probably going to go on for a few more minutes. Why not grab a brut and try to get another kill?

Hydra example would be "oh crap Mid lane is 0-2." I'm winning my lane but I'm not strong enough to diver under the tower w/o jungler. Let me grab this tiamat push this wave and let see if I can help mid, or ping my jungler over to dive top (I know I can't dive alone, but I also know I can dive 2v1 since I'm stronger than whoever I'm laning against).

I never thought about it like that. Thanks allot for clarifying it to me. Had a match against that Green Jelly Guy and did the same mistakes I did when I played against a Jax. Just being very impatient, too cocky and over aggressive.

On the good side, I am finally Silver 3. Still cannot believe I was in Bronze 5 and now I am Silver. For my promo, I lost the first one and believe it or not I won the rest of my games as a Zed (Mid; even though I wanted to play bot again since someone picked Yasuo, and Bot).

Silver3.png

Last match was Insane. I wish you could have seen it. I felt like I was with Gold+ players. All of them were doing some pretty wild stuff and it was unbelievable. Literally, all of them were having their best match and it was generally so unreal.

Edwardo

I've never really understood the appeal of nidalee. Yes the spears are nice, but wouldnt someone like Ziggs work better with the aoe cc ults that fnatic has?

i mean i tend to go to sleep at like 6 am since i don't sleep much but still

Argentina, right? I forget.

Going to bed at 6am is always nice since I can just fall asleep right away and not have to convince myself that i'm tired when it's only 9pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom