• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the crystal start on Sona. She can live without the HP Regen from Doran's because she has sustain. I might have to start playing her again.

Snowman

Kill the Darien, lose objectives

The Gambit secret

I mean it makes sense for Jax, Zed and Eve.

But if Bebe had gone BFS Edward would have died many more times by now.

Yeah for sure it's just weird to see, reminds me of when they first changed it in season 3 and it was super op

oh, thats what 3 botrks for

its the new wriggles baron rush

edit: that zed swapping back into GMB accidentally
If you're going to rush 3 BoTRKs for a 20 minute Baron, might as well just do it normally.

Genja is doing a weird build too but it's Genja and he does things.

shitty frost queen active biting them in the ass?

:p

The Frost Queen active kind of works in that situation. You use it, then slow power chord and Crescendo and Sivir can't shield/ladyroar through enough to escape. The problem was Edward mistimed Sivir's Flash. (I hope. I really hope he didn't try that garbage knowing she had it up.)

ohhhh face of the mountain to respond to zed deathmark

clever i guess

It's not a bad tank support item in and of itself if you've got a super high value carry and no shields to put on them. Like, if you've got Draven and don't have a Lulu/Orianna mid, it's a pretty good grab on your top.

I dunno about it on a Shyvana to support a Lucian, though. I'd kind of rather just have Shyvana turn into a huge monster than spend her gold keeping Lucian alive.

Fuzzery

ohhhh face of the mountain to respond to zed deathmark

clever i guess

It doesn't mitigate Zed's ult damage, since the ult does extra damage based on all of zed's damage dealt to a champ, including that through shields. But I guess having that shields helps someone live

It does counter the 3 botrks though

It's not like Genja was in desperate need for peeling or anything. Edward could've easily afforded a FoTM if needed.

I guess Darien figured they would just focus him anyways so might as well give something back to the team aside from blowing TPA's cooldowns.

Boken

Banned
It doesn't mitigate Zed's ult damage at all, since does extra damage based on all damage dealt to a champ, including that through shields. But I guess having that shields helps someone live

It does counter the 3 botrks though

o i just mean that you can use it to mitigate deathmark damge cos its so predictable

Boken

Banned
does gambit now need to win 2 sets against C9?

nah, its just single elimination Bo3 for the playoffs

z9EtkNk.png

does gambit now need to win 2 sets against C9?

What Boken said. It's not an actual "group" (ie, round robin) stage despite their insistence on calling it that. It's just a bizarre tournament arrangement with a double-elimination ladder for the initial stage and single-elimination for the semi/finals.

I guess it's a weird compromise between the standard European format (full double-elimination) and the standard US format (full single-elimination). No idea why they keep talking about the "group" stage and "groups", though; the whole tournament is in brackets.

I mean, it's weird, but it's not completely bad. You basically cut out the "useless" games that you get in a normal round robin (a lot of the time you'll have one of the last group stage games be like a 2-0 team versus a 0-2 team, which is pointless). The main disadvantage is that you don't get the guarantee of every team in a group playing every other team in the group, so we miss out on (for example) a guaranteed Gambit vs Cloud 9 game.

I assume the reason it goes single-elimination after the initial stage is just a time thing, because a full double-elimination tournament basically adds an entire extra day of games.

wait a minute. they now even switched the groups around. Gambit doesn't play C9? who comes up with this shit.

They don't play because they're leaving the same "group" (again, not a real group). They pair off asynchronously against the first and second seeds from the other not-group, as if it had been an actual round robin and not Frankenstein's monster.

Technically the only way they could play would be in the Finals.

Boken

Banned
wait a minute. they now even switched the groups around. Gambit doesn't play C9? who comes up with this shit.

imperfect is confusing you

there was a "Group Stage" to find the top 2 - for seeding

then the playoffs become
winner of GroupA v loser of Group B
winner of GroupB v loser of Group A

splitting groups is standard due to chances to play ppl again

splitting groups is standard due to chances to play ppl again

It's actually because you (ideally) want the 1st place seeds to play in the Finals rather than an earlier stage of the tournament. As a tournament organizer you always want the Finals to have the two best teams in the tournament, which won't necessarily happen if the brackets are set up in a way where they could meet earlier.

(Of course, then underdogs go and ruin everything with their upsets.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom