• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://community.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/live-gameplay/A66MWXE0-49-live-gameplay-patch-forecast

apparently the massive lebonk nerfs are as to force her to rush dfg, which i guess makes some sense but on the other hand i feel is really shitty to make a champion 100% dependent on an item this hard and it still won't fix her waveclear being pretty shit (i'm guessing she won't be able to double w and clear anymore)

what i don't get is if riot was gonna olaf her why didn't they just do it like 4 or 5 patches ago instead of saying they're thinking of the best way to nerf her, etc etc.

we'll see, lebonk's bullshit that's for sure but i feel midlane's turned into such a giant clusterfuck since the heal changes that i'm scared of what her demise will bring

Jeff-DSA

It's akin to mental abuse trying to play support in bronze. Everybody sucks, and they make such terrible decisions. You can't even help them. Solo engages, nobody knowing how to focus in a team fight, and freaking morons who refuse to go along with the emerging team plan.

Edit: I try to fill to be nice, but I'm going to avoid supporting at all costs. That has to be far and away the worst role if you're trying to climb. Too much of the game is out of your hands.

Kenai

It's akin to mental abuse trying to play support in bronze. Everybody sucks, and they make such terrible decisions. You can't even help them. Solo engages, nobody knowing how to focus in a team fight, and freaking morons who refuse to go along with the emerging team plan.

Edit: I try to fill to be nice, but I'm going to avoid supporting at all costs. That has to be far and away the worst role if you're trying to climb. Too much of the game is out of your hands.

I had a nice 7 game streak as a support when I found a great duo buddy. If they break us up though things go to hell fast (like my last game lol)

I'm not sure how high I'll go but several gaffers main support and have got into gold or higher

Mothman91

Was playing Tryndamere and my cutlass wasn't letting me use the active. Has anyone had a problem like this? I couldn't even click it to use the active, pots were working fine in my inventory. When it turned into BoTRK it worked.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
d[-_-]b;113230660 said:
Got my first ranked win :O, on my way to bronze v!
3YPwiSX.jpg

Why you betray your waifu ashe?

Blizzard

Banned
Was playing Tryndamere and my cutlass wasn't letting me use the active. Has anyone had a problem like this? I couldn't even click it to use the active, pots were working fine in my inventory. When it turned into BoTRK it worked.
I think I've had this happen sometimes, and dragging it to a different number slot and back makes it start working.

Also when you first get items with an active, they turn a weird faded color that always makes me FEEL like they're not going to work the first time I try them. The faded color goes away after you drag them to another slot and back.

Mothman91

I think I've had this happen sometimes, and dragging it to a different number slot and back makes it start working.

Also when you first get items with an active, they turn a weird faded color that always makes me FEEL like they're not going to work the first time I try them. The faded color goes away after you drag them to another slot and back.
I tried dragging it around. Moved my pots where the cutlass was and they were working. Was a stupid bug I think. Even tried turning off and on my key bindings.
Did you undo a purchase of Cutlass?
Don't think so. Went straight for cutlass on my first back.

Jeff-DSA

Go 4-2 for the night and end up with less LP than when I started. So screwed up. Been like this for weeks now. I can't move up because I have to literally win at an 80% rate to increase.

Newt

Go 4-2 for the night and end up with less LP than when I started. So screwed up. Been like this for weeks now. I can't move up because I have to literally win at an 80% rate to increase.
If you're in silver or bronze, you'll eventually get to the point where you can carry virtually every game. If you're in gold, just keep playing, and your mmr will eventually even out. If you're in plat you're just screwed.

Rosenskjold

So upsetting when you have a premade on your team that are obviously just trolling,and when the game is over and everyone has been wrecked because of their early feed and you ask people to report them, the reply you get is: "You have many deaths as well (so they can't be trolling)"

The community isn't gonna be better if people are so proud of themselves for winning that they don't even see they've been feed by people trolling :/

I really don't see why people say this. In my time of playing LoL, I haven't even met the amount of rage I get in Call of Duty.

In LoL I haven't been called a fat negro* by an 11 year old kid :^)

*replaced original word for taste and I don't wanna offend
Really? Are you sure you play League of Legends?

Google "online game with the most toxic community" and see what pops up. Pages of nothing but LoL posts and studies about how bad the LoL community is.

Notice in the search phrase LoL wasn't mentioned at all.

Granted, everyone will have different experiences while playing LoL, but the whole "I don't get why people say this" thing... just come on man.

P.S. I still enjoy LoL :)

Leezard

^ The search term is flawed since Riot used toxic as a buzzword to describe "toxic players", for a lack of a better word, which has caused the word toxic to be overused in League related topics. Using the word toxic directly linked it to League. Just search "toxic players" and you instantly see a couple of explanatory League links.

Search "online game with the most awful community" or "online game with the worst community" and the results will not be the same.

edit: beaten, but with the same message.

Reading is fundamental. Adopted != invented.
Regardless of whether "toxic" is a buzzword about LoL or not, the sheer volume of negative feedback about the community speaks for itself.

Fun little read here
http://whatculture.com/gaming/7-worst-online-gaming-communities.php/4

MOBAs in general seem to have relatively bad communities, but LoL is the only MOBA I play.

Edit* Here's another community ranking. http://www.gamingclimax.com/mmorpg-articles/mmorpg-top-10/the-top-5-worst-gaming-communities/

Leezard

Cool. I could care less if the poster used the wrong terminology.

Regardless of whether "toxic" is a buzzword about LoL or not, the sheer volume of negative feedback about the community speaks for itself.

You will see more volume of negative feedback since the League community is very large compared to others, indeed. Personally, I think a more valuable metric would be toxic players as a percentage of total playerbase, if you want to be able to compare communities of different sizes. I don't have any data on such numbers so I can't say whether League is better or worse than others, but if you only go by sheer volume then of course the largest game will have the most.

http://community.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/live-gameplay/A66MWXE0-49-live-gameplay-patch-forecast

apparently the massive lebonk nerfs are as to force her to rush dfg, which i guess makes some sense but on the other hand i feel is really shitty to make a champion 100% dependent on an item this hard and it still won't fix her waveclear being pretty shit (i'm guessing she won't be able to double w and clear anymore)

what i don't get is if riot was gonna olaf her why didn't they just do it like 4 or 5 patches ago instead of saying they're thinking of the best way to nerf her, etc etc.

we'll see, lebonk's bullshit that's for sure but i feel midlane's turned into such a giant clusterfuck since the heal changes that i'm scared of what her demise will bring
Mid is a clusterfuck because of other roles. LeBlanc pretty much makes many mids unplayable while making stuff like Lulu necessary - also thanks to some junglers.

The DFG thing I disagree, she's a ultra mobile, point and click assassin, she should need to buy actual assassin items in order to burst people down. Seeing LeBlancs in competitive play rush Athenes and still completely and effortlessly destroy squishies is ridiculous.

Ferga

Hype for blind pick.

Lucian hard carry

Edit: Nvm... :(

Edit: Save, why would you do that. You had vision of them all in the baron bush.

Yesterday I had like five afks in my matches, and today first game had an /aram/ afk also. What the fuck? They should have much more effective and harsher tribunal system for leaving, we could have win a few times, if it were not for the guys who left or did not play at all.

LCS is painful now. Literally zero top lane diversity. Its just the ADC and support free farming the lane while shyvana and trundle follow eve, Lee, or Elise around in the jungle.
Tournaments never had diversity. They've always been mindnumbingly boring in this regard. The only difference nowadays is that teams came up with the innovative 3 - 0 / 4 - 0 lane strategy.

Oh boy, more jungle nerfs. Won't someone please think of the poor, poor laners?

Ferga

I cant wait for the eventual nerf to all jungle items and tanky stats on damage junglers so they just become smite bots who give their wraiths and wolves to mid lane.

The way season 4 is going down, junglers are going to be in a weird spot where both carry and utility tanks feel weird. Tanky dps champs will make a comeback with spirit golem spam.

Some pro player will probably be like; 'fuck it. Lets play nautilus in ogn/lcs and rush oracle lens and start to dive 3v1 lanes at level 2. Then theyll build frozen mallet and tiamat to tax lanes and carry.

And s2 jungle will start all over again.

ITS THE CIRCLE OF LIFE

But it's Riot.

Jp ;)

What's the problem with them? I pretty much exclusively play with my friends, only ranked and the occasional IH GAF and ranked are my only non friend matches I play.

because none of them have a clue what they're doing, even though they've all played the game years before me and have far more games played, and when you try to help them they don't listen. they're oblivious to what's going on on the map to the point of complete absurdity. I can't enjoy myself when I play with them.

Like, I don't think I'm good at the game. I really don't. But, there are levels of not good and it's like... I don't care if you're not good. But I want to play the game and I want to try and win. If I don't win, shit happens, but I'd like people to try. They just don't and it drives me up the wall. they don't take advice, they don't try to get better, they're happy mulling around doing nothing.

We had a game where one of them forgot to trade with the other, meaning I had a support Udyr and a jungle Braum, which was annoying in and of itself. Instead of trying to help the lane that's in a rough spot because of support udyr vs. Jinx + Thresh, he's dying top along with the guy who's got AP runes on Nasus and builds Glacial Shroud first against a Lulu. Or people trying to play on a laptop they know won't run the game and crashing all the time.

And that sort of stuff happens every single game. I'm not enjoying it at all and it's making me angry, and I don't want to put myself in that situation because I'll say things I don't mean/will regret.

Think I just need to separate Summoner's Rift from them and do ARAMs or something here and there. I honestly don't mind losing, but it's the level of carelessness and lack of interest they have that just makes it a waste of time for me.

drawkcaB

Riot said:
Assassins in League need to rely on fighters or tanks to initiate fights before they take the opportunity to engage, but Kha'Zix is able to do it all by himself, which gives him a lot of free power. We're looking at highlighting Kha'Zix's assassin powers over his fighter abilities.

Riot said:
Void Assault
R - Evolved Active Camouflage
(NEW) UTILITY: Void Assault Duration +1 seconds (total 2 seconds)
Damage reduction while in stealth increased to 50% from 40%

Typical. Yet again fixing a problem Riot themselves made worse.

I know I must sound like a moan and I apologise for that, but League is a competitive game and if people aren't trying then it annoys me, because it wastes my time and I don't have fun playing. I want a good competitive match that I can go into, have a god time against people taking it seriously where I can learn and become better.

Maybe that means taking it to ranked, but I typically don't like ranked things because of ranks themselves. I'd just like serious normal games that aren't tied to a rank, but I'm probably shit out of luck there.

Leezard

It is indeed frustrating to see people not trying. Ranked is probably your best bet though, as there will be more people taking it seriously than in normal drafts.

Mothman91

because none of them have a clue what they're doing, even though they've all played the game years before me and have far more games played, and when you try to help them they don't listen. they're oblivious to what's going on on the map to the point of complete absurdity. I can't enjoy myself when I play with them.

Like, I don't think I'm good at the game. I really don't. But, there are levels of not good and it's like... I don't care if you're not good. But I want to play the game and I want to try and win. If I don't win, shit happens, but I'd like people to try. They just don't and it drives me up the wall. they don't take advice, they don't try to get better, they're happy mulling around doing nothing.

We had a game where one of them forgot to trade with the other, meaning I had a support Udyr and a jungle Braum, which was annoying in and of itself. Instead of trying to help the lane that's in a rough spot because of support udyr vs. Jinx + Thresh, he's dying top along with the guy who's got AP runes on Nasus and builds Glacial Shroud first against a Lulu. Or people trying to play on a laptop they know won't run the game and crashing all the time.

And that sort of stuff happens every single game. I'm not enjoying it at all and it's making me angry, and I don't want to put myself in that situation because I'll say things I don't mean/will regret.

Think I just need to separate Summoner's Rift from them and do ARAMs or something here and there. I honestly don't mind losing, but it's the level of carelessness and lack of interest they have that just makes it a waste of time for me.
Damn, that's way more severe than my friends lol. Once in a while, my friends might dumb down but we will whip them back into shape and not go back down that road again.

Having one of them afk a lot is one problem that's very persistent that can be avoided yet they don't try to. We are Muslims, so we have to pray. There's times where he knows he's gonna be called up to pray yet he keeps on playing. The rest of us have, so we don't have to worry about that. He will just play and just deal with it when it comes. Well that messes with our playing experience by a lot because it can take easily 10-15 minutes without one of our players which pretty much means a lost unless one or two of us are snowballing insanely. I can easily count 40-50 games this season alone where he's afk'd, but we've somewhat learned to deal with it.

Another is taking so fucking long. He's like this in real life, and it converts into league time. We finish a game, and he says wait for him, he's gonna do something. There's times where he'll take 5 minutes, there's times where he'll take upwards to half an hour. Now he will get mad at us if we play, so we learned to be patient with him. Those really long waits though, we easily have enough time to play an aram which has happened many many times. Only thing keeping me back from not giving a fuck is because he's a very close friend, and also I've learned to be very very patient with him outside of league if we are to meet somewhere to eat or a friends house.

There's other shit with other friends but I'm a patient guy which is a good thing. Or else I would be a fucking asshole big time.

Yeah, that sounds frustrating. I envy that you can keep your patience there though. I'm trying my best but it's hard when you play with 3 out of 5 that just don't care.

I just learned to completely separate normals from ranked.

In ranked I'll absolutely tryhard and get mad if people don't go tryhard, but in normals you can do whatever the fuck you want. Stupid picks, feed, be bad, win, lose, I don't care. I'll just find a way to have fun and go with it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Mid is a clusterfuck because of other roles. LeBlanc pretty much makes many mids unplayable while making stuff like Lulu necessary - also thanks to some junglers.

The DFG thing I disagree, she's a ultra mobile, point and click assassin, she should need to buy actual assassin items in order to burst people down. Seeing LeBlancs in competitive play rush Athenes and still completely and effortlessly destroy squishies is ridiculous.
i don't think lebonk has to do with lulu and soraka, i think the heal+mikaels+morgana meta just killed burst and now all good mids have to be support dps to even be relevant: soraka, lulu, kayle, ori, nidalee to some degree.

lebonk gets away with it cos her burst is so overpoweredly stupid that she doesn't care for metas but now that her waveclear's nerfed in two ways (not only damage but also not being able to buy athenes first means she'll get pushed to turret and ran out of mana constantly) she won't be able to do anything

yasuo is another exception if only because he counters directly some of the popular picks and he has infinite mana but still he's a thing of his own, not really an assassin and not really a mage, just a weird splitpusher assassin-bruiser mix thingie.

i dunno what will show up if they nerf lebonk, maybe zed but i doubt mid lane will get any better and in fact i fear it may get much worse.

Oh boy, more jungle nerfs. Won't someone please think of the poor, poor laners?
the jungler "community" has been the most entitled and whiniest of them all, i don't know where this comes from

might have to do with them getting blamed for everything every game but no one asked you to first pick lee sin and pretend you're korean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom