• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

Reading a thread on reddit about how Riot should learn from OGN on award ceremonies. Pointing out the really cringey/awkward ceremony that happened all stars and worlds. Hopefully they do, let the winners shine and have all that fancy stuff with it.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i guess riot just doesn't want to deal with having sketchy translators and shit

still very much super awkward that they don't let like the winners say anything at all

Edwardo

NA LCS Summer Split - Week 1 - Super Week - Day 2

t1400958000z1.png

Team SoloMid vs Curse
compLexity vs LMQ
Team Dignitas vs Evil Geniuses
Team SoloMid vs compLexity
Team Dignitas vs Cloud 9
Evil Geniuses vs Counter Logic Gaming

Please use the LCS thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

Mothman91

S3 ceremony brings back cringey memories.
Yeah, let's hold the trophies up with SKT, we are part of the team also! - Ryze and Tryn.

Also the all stars after they won it. They called Redbeard out and he took awhile to come, but with like a t shirt and jeans. Be a little formal alteast, also don't think they let them talk.

Really hope they let OGN do the heavy lifting because they are way more experienced at this and it's in Korea ffs.

Blizzard

Banned
I know I must sound like a moan and I apologise for that, but League is a competitive game and if people aren't trying then it annoys me, because it wastes my time and I don't have fun playing. I want a good competitive match that I can go into, have a god time against people taking it seriously where I can learn and become better.

Maybe that means taking it to ranked, but I typically don't like ranked things because of ranks themselves. I'd just like serious normal games that aren't tied to a rank, but I'm probably shit out of luck there.
It may have been said, but you basically SOUND really negative in this thread even if you don't realize it (as in, you sound like a very unpleasant person to play with, probably like I am).

Secondly, it sounds like it really bothers you to play with people who are just screwing around and don't care about being competitive, in which case you probably either need a game mode you don't care about (ARAM), new friends, or only play League with GAF/ranked people that you consider competitive. If it helps you can just ignore the ranking while still playing ranked.

I will also say, I have seen people mention the "wasting time" argument before -- if I were really concerned about wasting my time, I wouldn't be playing it at all. I've probably sunk THOUSANDS of hours into the game, yet I'm still a really low skill/knowledge/memory/reaction level. Think of all the awesome things I could have done with my life if I'd used those thouands of hours differently.

That's a choice I make and others make -- we choose to use huge amounts of time for entertainment, or masochism in the case of League -- but if time is truly so valuable that games with friends are a problem, the right answer may be to not play at all. Just my 2 cents.

the jungler "community" has been the most entitled and whiniest of them all, i don't know where this comes from

might have to do with them getting blamed for everything every game but no one asked you to first pick lee sin and pretend you're korean
By and large the ADC's are the most entitled crybabies of the lot, with mid being the second. No shocker there with how Riot and the playerbase makes them out to be the center of attention for years on end, since they're the sacred cow carries. Junglers are just extremely bitter in comparison, for good reason.

By and large the ADC's are the most entitled crybabies of the lot, with mid being the second. No shocker there with how Riot and the playerbase makes them out to be the center of attention for years on end, since they're the sacred cow carries. Junglers are just extremely bitter in comparison, for good reason.
It's not like ADC as a role has been nerfed over and over every single season to the point that even supports will now slap your shit if you're behind and not playing Lucian or anything like that.

Won't someone think of the jungles, who have the most influence over the game at the cost of having more restricted metas when it comes to what they can pick?

zkylon

zkylewd
adcs you might be right but mids?

usually mids whine about one or two champions being frustratingly op (kassadin? old zed?) and with the exception of the current mid meta being a sack of the most annoying champions to lane against ever (i wish morello once and for all did what he's wanting to do forever and just olaf soraka forever) but nowhere near the amount of whining junglers do about everything

they want lane-like gold, they don't want to fight anyone for it but still be able to 1v1 everyone, they don't want to be punished for missing smite, they want to be able to carry from the jungle but the second they get an item to do so they abuse it to hell and back with the most anti-fun champions in the game or they just afk farm and whine about their lanes, they cry for help every time there's an invade but if you want blue buff you gotta ask pretty please or you might hurt their feelings.

i get that they get a lot of abuse from laners but such is the life of someone picking into a high impact role, i do my part not to call them retards and flame them when they ask me to go to blue buff then take it to themselves, but there's no pleasing these people.

and like laners can be pretty whiny too, all carries are, but you won't see mids crying all day long about not being able to do their job or whatever. probably because it's a much better balanced role

It's not like ADC as a role has been nerfed over and over every single season to the point that even supports will now slap your shit if you're behind and not playing Lucian or anything like that.

Won't someone think of the jungles, who have the most influence over the game at the cost of having more restricted metas when it comes to what they can pick?
adcs are pretty whiny tho. i keep reading them posts about not having enough impact which entirely contradicts how i see most games go down

they have some valid complaints, like lucian being in every single fucking game and adc itemization sucking ass but i still think it's a pretty alright role.

sleepykyo

the jungler "community" has been the most entitled and whiniest of them all, i don't know where this comes from

might have to do with them getting blamed for everything every game but no one asked you to first pick lee sin and pretend you're korean

I started just this year but the jungle and jungle items seemed to be redesigned specifically because the jungler tended fall behind really quickly. if he was supposed to feed the ADC? Which to follow up is the real entitled, evidently tanks are supposed build AP and ad defense without gold, support should peel for the role, and junglers are supposed to set the table for the role. Like this whole tank era is just that even if the game revolves around the ADC that other roles can better contribute to supporting the ADC if they aren't half starved.

zkylon

zkylewd
I started just this year but wasn't the jungle and jungle items specifically because the jungler tended fall behind really quickly? Especially if he was supposed to feed the ADC? Which to follow up is the real entitled, evidently tanks are supposed build AP and ad defense without gold, support should peel for the role, and junglers are supposed to set the table for the role. Like this whole tank era is just that even if the game revolves around the ADC that other roles can better contribute to supporting the ADC if they aren't half starved.
no, like, i'm not saying junglers don't have reason to whine about, as they do. playing jungle is a stressful as fuck putting down fires role that has turned into a pick whatever's op or have your team burn thing

but like look at crab's post, riot's bugfixing a thing that allowed junglers powerjungle and get ahead of laners in levels and people are whining already.

my bad for making blanket statements but i'm tired of that type of comments

Blizzard

Banned
usually mids whine about one or two champions being frustratingly op (kassadin? old zed?) and with the exception of the current mid meta being a sack of the most annoying champions to lane against ever (i wish morello once and for all did what he's wanting to do forever and just olaf soraka forever) but nowhere near the amount of whining junglers do about everything

they want lane-like gold, they don't want to fight anyone for it but still be able to 1v1 everyone, they don't want to be punished for missing smite, they want to be able to carry from the jungle but the second they get an item to do so they abuse it to hell and back with the most anti-fun champions in the game or they just afk farm and whine about their lanes, they cry for help every time there's an invade but if you want blue buff you gotta ask pretty please or you might hurt their feelings.

Maybe the people you play with are weird, but I don't feel like I see this much. Commonly people who play certain champions have very bad attitudes (the stereotypical Riven, Darius, Vayne, Master Yi, etc.), but I don't think I see the overwhelming jungler-specific whining you mention.

What is weird is that in the very same post you seem to be complaining about top/mid/support (Soraka) while ALSO complaining about jungle, the very role you are accusing of being extra-complainy.

"the second they get an item to do so they abuse it to hell and back with the most anti-fun champions in the game" -- how is that not a complaint against junglers?

It's akin to mental abuse trying to play support in bronze. Everybody sucks, and they make such terrible decisions. You can't even help them. Solo engages, nobody knowing how to focus in a team fight, and freaking morons who refuse to go along with the emerging team plan.

Edit: I try to fill to be nice, but I'm going to avoid supporting at all costs. That has to be far and away the worst role if you're trying to climb. Too much of the game is out of your hands.

I have a friend who just kind of screws around and main jungle all last season ended up at silver 2.

This season he decided to try support... lol and is the pit of hell of bronze.

I just spam top/jungle game to get gold. A few support, adc, and mid games but when I had priority picks I usually went jungle even though not my favorite role. I really prefer playing solo lane, but top feels like an island.

I had 3 games straight of 16-4, 9-1, 7-1 top and all loss. Quit for almost two months after that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The only champs I play consistently are Swain, Tristana, Vi and Viktor.

The match all 4 are banned will mark my first ranked dodge

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe the people you play with are weird, but I don't feel like I see this much. Commonly people who play certain champions have very bad attitudes (the stereotypical Riven, Darius, Vayne, Master Yi, etc.), but I don't think I see the overwhelming jungler-specific whining you mention.

What is weird is that in the very same post you seem to be complaining about top/mid/support (Soraka) while ALSO complaining about jungle, the very role you are accusing of being extra-complainy.

"the second they get an item to do so they abuse it to hell and back with the most anti-fun champions in the game" -- how is that not a complaint against junglers?
yea i should probably phrase my shit better but i'm really bad at it. sorry for that

what i mean is that junglers never seem to be content with how the jungle is. there's always something that's not viable or they either have too much gold or not enough gold or too gank oriented or afk farming or whatever. they seem to be never pleased about anything and that's not so much from playing as it is from just reading a million reddit posts of "blue buff belongs to the jungler so please beg for it some more" and "why can't i abuse feral flare anymore?" etc etc.

mid is a bit different, i often find myself not liking mid because the meta shifts to something that i think it's specially awful like soraka or old zed, but for the most part i'm ok with it. you don't see reddit posts about changing mid lane every single day like you see for jungle and adc. probably because mid lane is a lot less shitty than jungle but then again junglers have been asking for something like feral flare forever and that was a big bag of awful so maybe riot shouldn't really be paying attention to their suggestions?

i dunno

i should stop talking about junglers altogether, you guys stop me next time i go on a rant since i'll probably just keep on putting my foot in my mouth because i'm really bad at talking

sleepykyo

dont u guys play every role

I play every role. Poorly. But jungler is one where it seems every lane needs help, leaves me hanging when I do go to help, doesn't bother telling me if the place is warded, and generally expect to be given kills without anytime to farm. The whole well even if a kill doesn't happen it is good because the lane got some farm or a flash got burned the jungler just got jack all for taken time. Like he is behind the opposing jungler and now opposing team is getting better ganks.

and my most played role is support so I tend to revile the ADC.

I forgot to mention that both are supposed to build tanky so some top can play teemo, riven, quinn.

zky: fair enough. I only caught the tail end.

brian!

those all seem like decision making problems on your end, i mean u could just as easily be the other jungler

i guess maybe you are saying that junglers are punished too much for particular decisions/rewarded too much and riot is saying the same thing except for an early gank; the incentive to snowball off a gank and make the jungle more valuable creates all or nothing ganks rather than thoughtful high rate of success ganks maybe

so you have kiunch going ham lvl 2 under tower and u can tell he really wants it but in the end the turret wants him more and the game is a mess

Are we really going down this road even though the entire game is still fixated around having and protecting an ADC, and getting your sacred cow in question farmed due to them (on a general level) having the best late game scaling out of any role, while also being responsible for the tedious 3 / 4 vs 0 lane pushes? And how exactly is it a bad thing that supports and junglers now pose a threat for ADC's rather than none at all with their previously pitiful damage output (comparatively speaking)? Because they actually have to put some effort into their positioning nowadays rather than playing on auto-pilot? Season 2 and Season 3 were sad no matter how you look at it: all junglers and supports had was their utility and/or durability, so in other words the ADC could virtually ignore them once they blew their CC, never mind the rampant lifesteal back then. Riot is also ever so willing to silently postpone their plans (from 2 years ago and supposedly still a work-in-progress) to rebalance ADC itemization and especially % penetration items like Last Whisper (+ by extension Void Staff), otherwise ADC's might be feeling too sorry about themselves despite the pampering they receive.

At this point I'm starting to think you believe the ridiculous belly-aching from the monkeys over at Reddit and League's forums that ADC's allegedly having been unjustly nerfed and so weakened that they can't do anything anymore. Either they convinced themselves of this or they simply want things to revert back to Season 2 (when ADC's were absurd) without admitting it.

but like look at crab's post, riot's bugfixing a thing that allowed junglers powerjungle and get ahead of laners in levels and people are whining already.
They didn't say anything about a bug IIRC (just that there's a discrepancy) and the level difference isn't even that severe wherever I look. Still don't like how Riot is slowly looking to revert all the changes that shook things up a bit though.

At this point I'm starting to think you believe the ridiculous belly-aching from the monkeys over at Reddit and League's forums that ADC's allegedly having been unjustly nerfed and so weakened that they can't do anything anymore. Either they convinced themselves of this or they simply want things to revert back to Season 2 (when ADC's were absurd) without admitting it.
You wound me.

Hell no if I think ADCs are that bad or that didn't need toning down - Season 4 changes coupled with jungle and support changes were definitely overkill though -, it's just that the overall landscape is far from healthy for them. ADC as a role bas been basically "bruiserfied", your kit needs to be completely retarded for you to work and that just leads to silly imbalance with shit like Lucian and that's just no bueno. Not saying "GIVE ME BACK MY STUPID SEASON 2 PHANTOM DANCER" but things can't be kept as is.

sleepykyo

those all seem like decision making problems on your end, i mean u could just as easily be the other jungler

i guess maybe you are saying that junglers are punished too much for particular decisions/rewarded too much and riot is saying the same thing except for an early gank; the incentive to snowball off a gank and make the jungle more valuable creates all or nothing ganks rather than thoughtful high rate of success ganks maybe

so you have kiunch going ham lvl 2 under tower and u can tell he really wants it but in the end the turret wants him more and the game is a mess

I don't disagree that part of it is on my end. I even explicitly noted that I play poorly
I've noticed that plenty of junglers are willing to type eff off or implement a cs charge for the visit to discourage frequent requests.

that being said, only one role has another role completely dedicated to it, for the laning phase at least. Queue madlife roaming to leave his European ADC alone. So the meta has and still does teach adcs that the game revolves around them.

brian!

adcs benefit the most from having gold funneled to them yes, that doesn't mean the game revolves around them
i dont understand the problem

ways to efficiently play the game based on available resources change
protecting the adc in a team fight because they are a valuable asset is good
focusing a jungler because they are in front and put out a lot of damage is good

i cant think of a patch where every role isnt completely important despite how weak/strong they are gold or damage wise
disclaimer: I think maining roles is boring and I don't do it, I guess I'd be annoyed if I played a lot of ryu and he was nerfed a lot?

Leezard

I don't get the talk of adcs being too weak. They need 3 items to start to outscale others, but that's fine since they are so ridiculously strong late. I think they are just fine atm.

Junglers do indeed have a bit too much impact at the moment, especially if they get ahead. A slight exp nerf should not be a problem for them.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Because I believe you can win even though other guy had double buff and one kill ahead.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I gave up playing the ADC roles because of my inability to position properly and not get caught. At least with the top role I can not die as fast and be completely worthless.

DeadNames

Banned
I gave up playing the ADC roles because of my inability to position properly and not get caught. At least with the top role I can not die as fast and be completely worthless.

Top is a gamble IMO. Can't really do anything when your bot lane is feeding.

Unless you're playing Jax :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom