• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Top is a gamble IMO. Can't really do anything when your bot lane is feeding.

Unless you're playing Jax :^)

I think if any lane is fed then it sucks. That being said I think synergy with your support/adc matters a lot when playing in bot. Even if you're good mechanically as one role, you can't win the lane assured as a good chunk of winning the lane is dependent on the response of the other player. With top I'm responsible for fucking up/winning to a degree. At least moreso than bot. Having said that, adjusting to top is taking a while. xcloser is helping me get better though.

Was playing Aatrox earlier and my jungle camped my lane and got me ahead. It's been so long since I had that feeling. It's usually the other way around.

I almost cried with joy.

DeadNames

Banned
I play almost every champion and I play every lane. I float from champ to champ and lane to lane depending on how I feel. Recently I learned a tonne of mid champs and I'm playing more top lane again. New Rengar skin helped.

If you want something really, REALLY cheesy, play Aatrox mid. Seriously, if you hit level 2 before them they can't do shite.

Like, I went vs a Ryze with no armor and I shit you not, Q > Blood price literally took half his HP.

Achtius

lol

lol_zpsa03805c7.png

Blizzard

Banned
Today has been AWFUL for ARAM players. I had a 27 kill Draven ARAM, a 17 kill Vel'koz ARAM, and I think 2-3 others where I did well yet still lost.

One game someone apparently started league but had to leave for work in less than 20 minutes (did they know this?). Another game someone just randomly quit after 1 death at level 4.

Talk about ranked AFK, I just want a 5v5 ARAM without people leaving. *edit* I just got one (and won), but even then at least one player on the other team said they were lagging.

Jeff-DSA

I have a thing for redheads tonight.

B6lNM7b.jpg

Died a lot in that last game because our team fights were TERRIBLE. Lots of instances of people focusing tanks or running away just as it started. Ah well, a win is a win.

AcridMeat

Banned
I was very drunk tonight and played a normal shyv jungle game with some other very drunk people.

Shyvana is awesome why did I ever stop playing her my god she's so fun.
15/3/26 \o/

Jeff-DSA

I was very drunk tonight and played a normal shyv jungle game with some other very drunk people.

Shyvana is awesome why did I ever stop playing her my god she's so fun.
15/3/26 \o/

It's terrifying when she comes in for a gank and you know that her ult is up.

Repgnar

Had some good games with gaffers today. Supporting Panda and Newt in the bot lane. Gotta get that 5's team out of placement and into challenger tier.

Just been placed on a team with a Nid and Jayce so I took Varus for the extra toxicity. 10/10 on the cheese scale and one 20min enemy surrender later.

Leezard

There we go, managed to promote my duo partner to D1. Just a couple of more games for me to get my turn at promos. :)
I have something like 62% win rate win Nami now with 56 games. She's a good safe pick for bot lane.

You know what I just realized?

In season 4, I have not won a single game when there was a Vayne on my team, every single one of them fed, and every single one of them talked enough shit to be worth reporting.

We're talking at least 7-10 separate instances.

Mothman91

How can Mid Ziggs deal with Oriana? Bitch's sphere limits my range =_=
Yeah, a good Orianna will zone people with her ball. Ziggs though, he has very good range on his Q and you can farm easily with that itself. 1 Q and E on the back line can kill it, so you can just focus on the front line for farm.

You can easily poke her down, your Q should have superior range or equal range to her ball. If you are having trouble, just focus on farming and not on trying to kill her. Ziggs is like one of the best farmers and can easily stall out games for you and your team to steadily come back.

1000AP with a Void Staff. Still felt I tickled Garen with my Qs. Visage was his only MR but he had 4300HP.

Kinda glad I lost. I can play without worrying about breaking my streak now.

BlazinAm

GIxfkxZ.png

The matchmaker still thinks I alone can carry retards of planetary magnitude.

I know how you feel, playing matches at my elo are like corralling babies with leashes; as soon as laning phase ends they want to chase people throughout the jungle and fight when the other team has the numbers advantage.

Jeff-DSA

GIxfkxZ.png

The matchmaker still thinks I alone can carry retards of planetary magnitude.

We live in very similar worlds. I deal with this same crap. Including the support, I'm still the only guy who will buy a ward. They chase and get caught in the jungle nonstop, or they refuse to run together when it's obvious a team fight is about to happen.

DeadNames

Banned

In season 4, I have not won a single game when there was a Vayne on my team, every single one of them fed, and every single one of them talked enough shit to be worth reporting.

I'm with you.

I've won one, but i carried and the vayne pretty much said "fuck it, let them focus me. Im worth nothing".

The plan worked and they focused her while the rest of the team cleaned up.

I honestly want to dodge every time there's a vayne on my team.

Leezard

I'm with you.

I've won one, but i carried and the vayne pretty much said "fuck it, let them focus me. Im worth nothing".

The plan worked and they focused her while the rest of the team cleaned up.

I honestly want to dodge every time there's a vayne on my team.
The thing with Vayne right now is that you need actual good vayne mechanics to make her worthwhile (unless your opponents feed you for funsies), making her such a bad pick unless you are really good at vayne. People always tend to overestimate their own vayne mechanics. I hate getting a vayne on the team as well, but I've had the luxury of seeing like 2 good vaynes the last month.

I am like 2 - 15 lifetime with teemo on my team.

Tizoc

Yeah, a good Orianna will zone people with her ball. Ziggs though, he has very good range on his Q and you can farm easily with that itself. 1 Q and E on the back line can kill it, so you can just focus on the front line for farm.

You can easily poke her down, your Q should have superior range or equal range to her ball. If you are having trouble, just focus on farming and not on trying to kill her. Ziggs is like one of the best farmers and can easily stall out games for you and your team to steadily come back.

Gotcha I'll keep that in mind for future games.

zkylon

zkylewd
just push ori. she can't afford to push lane and counter your harass cos she's a balanced champion so just abuse the aoe on q to poke her down while pushing her constantly so she has to waste her w on the minion wave to counterpush

don't get into aa wars with her cos she'll win in the long run and don't bother fighting her cos you're not really playing a fighting champion

just poke and push, war of attrition shit

AcridMeat

Banned
Hooray, I won my first gold 3 game (29 LP!)

I first picked Leona and their team went thresh/vayne. No idea why, and it was super easy to get my twitch kills.

Also felt good that our entire team was gold and their entire team was platinum. :D I'm like 9/1 on Leona now she's my easy ELO!

edit: Oh and 514 points with 4 games left in fantasy. Sorry Fallen. :p

Hero

Vayne is one of the most toxic champions played in the game.

Ashhong

Riot please, why do you do this to me? Game 1 of my series to go back to Gold 3 and I disconnect. My game just wont connect. WHY

Xerath is fun against Yasuo. Everything but his stun ignores his Wind Wall, so more often than not a Yasuo ends up trying to block something like Xerath's Q, not expecting that he'll still get hit with it passing right through his line of defense. Surprisingly strong on Dominion too despite the lack of mobility, unless when facing Akali. Nothing Xerath can do against her there if alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom