• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

Oh and these

Mtq1Mo8.jpg

G4WHZeW.jpg

bonus:
LQewMNe.jpg

How does Frozen Heart (FH) and Randuin's (RO) work when used together, eg:

Enemy Vayne is attacking an ally who has RO and I'm stood near them so Vayne is being affected by FH too.

Do the two AS debuffs stack up so Vayne is being hit with a 30% AS slow?

I wonder how well would the 4 doran's build work for ADCs bot lane.

Sure it's slot ineffective as fuck, but not like it matters before you need to buy LW. And hey, with the way the game is right now, having 320 HP and 12 HP per auto early on at the cost of 13 AD and taking longer to get a BT doesn't sound too shabby
they stack multiplicatively, not additively

so Frozen Heart + Warden's Mail + Randuin's would give you a 27.75% attack speed slow.
Randuin's and Warden's have the same unique passive though, they wouldn't stack with each other.

Edwardo

Sure it's slot ineffective as fuck, but not like it matters before you need to buy LW. And hey, with the way the game is right now, having 320 HP and 12 HP per auto early on at the cost of 13 AD and taking longer to get a BT doesn't sound too shabby

Would it be something like: the doran's blades give you early game power, so as long as you get ahead by either heavily denying enemy cs or getting some kills it would be worth it?

Would it be something like: the doran's blades give you early game power, so as long as you get ahead by either heavily denying enemy cs or getting some kills it would be worth it?
Perhaps. I'm watching Ryan try the build with different shit (Ashe mid atm) since he can pretty much not play Rengar anymore.

And not just getting some kills, if the 320 HP can save you from some ganks it could very well be worth it. Needs a fuckton of testing though.

Blizzard

Banned
In regards to Newt's Braum picture, 4 people dived me at one point since I was solo defending an inhib.

Akali used 2 stacks of ult, tanked pantheon's full combo, trist botrk and a few shots, plus morg binding and dark soil.

I got out with more than 25% life and cced them all for my team to clean up.

Didn't even use face of the mountain.

So balanced.
That doesn't seem like it's telling the whole story if they are 16 kills down and you're 2+ levels ahead though. You had enough gold for a lot of HP items.

garath

Randuin's and Warden's have the same unique passive though, they wouldn't stack with each other.

I'd rather buy a BF than 4 dorans. Assuming you are dead even in lane, the 320hp and 12 hp per auto gives you a small spike in sustain during the 5 min window before your opponent finishes his BT. Then you're at a severe disadvantage. If it came to an all-in fight, the BF is only at a slight disadvantage toe for toe.

Edwardo

Perhaps. I'm watching Ryan try the build with different shit (Ashe mid atm) since he can pretty much not play Rengar anymore.

And not just getting some kills, if the 320 HP can save you from some ganks it could very well be worth it. Needs a fuckton of testing though.

Ya I was just generalizing with that kills comment. There's a whole bunch of factors.

There was a time when I just hit 30 that I was playing a lot of adc. This was back when I didnt really farm that well. I'd go back to base without enough gold to buy a bf sword, so I would end up buying like 2 more doran's blades and then a vamp on the next trip because i'd hate leaving base without spending gold. I dunno, maybe I was on to something lol.

I'll leave the min maxing to better players though, I'm not good enough to stop being a sheep.

lol same here.

Aye, I meant Frozen Heart + Warden's Mail/Randuin's

Jeff-DSA

Scumbag Vayne took my penta kill last night. I had the quadra and was finishing off their Nunu and she rolled forward and took a shot to steal the kill. My team basically filled the chat with curses and anger. When the match ended, the other team did the same.

Scumbag Vayne.

Someone link that scumbag Braum vid. The one where Graves was getting an easy penta because the enemy team was just diving the nexus for lulz then Braum flashes to secure the last kill.

Jeff-DSA

ropbanN.png

The two losses were disaster games. The Miss Fortune loss was when my team was fighting in picks and I ended up with a Rammus support and after he fed 9 deaths he rage quit. The Jinx loss started off terrible with our support and jungler AFK until about 5 levels in and we got so far behind we could never recover.

Losses happen, but it's a bummer because I was at 90 LP when that MF loss happened, and then I lost another. Dropping 19 LP per loss hurts because I'm only getting 14 LP or so back for a win. Jerks.

AcridMeat

Banned
Just don't play for a few days for the bad luck to go away. That's what I do anyways.

Good day of rank for me. Only two games but 14-1-12 in the 1st (top renekton), and 7-0-11 in the 2nd (jungle Wu). Only 1 death total!!!
I usually play 1-2 ranked games a day, maybe 3 if I'm in a promo series. I just made the mistake of playing at night yesterday and the difference in players is spectacular.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I just had a warwick rage all game long at our toplaner, but in a karmic twist he lets baron get stolen by quinn's Q and the rest of the game is the enemy team LOLing at him every time he types.

i need you in my bot lane newt. ez did great but i needed some sick-nasty MF ults in that game.

Mothman91

I would probably afk if someone took my penta. But this would be only with my friends, and I'll just mute myself in Skype and laugh while they over react thinking I actually left because one of them took my penta.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
a penta you get from a 5 man fountain dive is not the kind of first penta i'd want.

on that note, i'm still a penta virgin.

Lucky you, my liss games weren't quite as good.

I'm still kinda figuring out how the hell you even kill people as her... her damage is pretty damn low.

we still lost :(

idk I play her top so i just try to dump on my lane and abuse them. I got my quadra with a W + ult combo, just insta killed 4 people. Might have hit one or two with an E or Q as well, but idk.

Just pick the carry with the least MR and insta kill them. You could buy a DFG if you're really struggling, although I find I don't need it until the very late game.

I like going Morello's -> Zhonya's -> Void -> Deathcap -> DFG

Ferrio

Banned
we still lost :(

idk I play her top so i just try to dump on my lane and abuse them. I got my quadra with a W + ult combo, just insta killed 4 people. Might have hit one or two with an E or Q as well, but idk.

Just pick the carry with the least MR and insta kill them. You could buy a DFG if you're really struggling, although I find I don't need it until the very late game.

I like going Morello's -> Zhonya's -> Void -> Deathcap -> DFG

Morello's eh? I usually got straight zhon first as top... hrmmm..

Just find I can never secure a kill in lane, harass them to hell...but never enough burst to kill them before they b.

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh this is just cruel now. Our vi called for us not to ban vi, cool I bet they're pretty good on vi!

Laning goes well enough, vi comes in and feeds kills to their ez, but our other lanes are winning hard so that's good!

Oh vi is really losing hard to this eve...oh huh it's late game and they have 2 finished items...and they're 1/10...oh...

Check post game because I was curious, their entire team is plat 5 and 4, Vi is silver 5.

Why do they do this to me. :(

Just find I can never secure a kill in lane, harass them to hell...but never enough burst to kill them before they b.

well yeah you probably need your jungle's help to get a kill, but harassing them, out of lane means you're winning your lane. You can zone so easily as Lissandra against melee and TP gives you a free back early game.

The Morello's gives you a cheap source of 20% CDR, as well as a respectable amount of AP and mana regen. I don't think there's any reason not to get it vs AD laners as long as you're running armour yellows. It allows you to poke so often.

Once you have a level or two lead and you deny them experience by freezing, you can just make TP plays around the map.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

You don't have to kill someone to win a lane. As long as you force them back and freeze the lane you will slowly win by farm.

If you can force the jungle to come top you won the team free dragon and relieve a lot of lane pressure and counter jungle.

Beside, you can only kill someone when they do something stupid. Just don't rush it and be as annoying as possible, eventually they will break and do something dumb.

Ferrio

Banned
You don't have to kill someone to win a lane. As long as you force them back and freeze the lane you will slowly win by farm.

If you can force the jungle to come top you won the team free dragon and relieve a lot of lane pressure and counter jungle.

Ya... guess I just don't feel confident freezing the lane as Liss..especially against melee's with gapclosers.

Feel I put myself in a bad position with her if I'm not behind the creepline.

Ferrio

Banned
freezing the lane is just maintaining minion numbers while last hitting

Except Liss will inevitably push if she tries to harass behind creep lane. Guess I'll hide in the bushes, should still be able to harass and not put myself too far out there.

brian!

you don't harass when you freeze, that draws minion aggro and pushes your lane
you can reset it quick by jumping into bushes tho yeah

garath

Except Liss will inevitably push if she tries to harass behind creep lane. Guess I'll hide in the bushes, should still be able to harass and not put myself too far out there.

Pretty sure her Qs don't draw minion aggro. Just don't auto the champ.

There goes another jungler off my play list. Xin Zhao and wukong, you're the only ones left.

You and me both. All my best junglers are slowly slipping away. Via, khazix, pantheon, elise. I'll be back to sejuani and hecarim at this rate. I have to give xin more time with feral flare. He was one of my best junglers s3. Wukong and I never quite clicked. I'll give him more time too.
trundle-classics5uz1.jpg

this is so badass

look at dat sona T_T
I'm surprised they didn't leave Yorick out of that picture with the way Riot's been treating him.

I feel like I have to as liss against all in champions.
Why? If they all in you, sure, QW and walk away, but otherwise the whole point of freezing a lane is so champions like Renekton have to put themselves at risk to get some meaningful farm.

Once you freeze the lane, you just ask your jungler to come up top if they stick around and get them in one go. Even if they don't get killed they'll be very wary of going near a frozen minion wave any time soon.

Ferrio

Banned
Why? If they all in you, sure, QW and walk away, but otherwise the whole point of freezing a lane is so champions like Renekton have to put themselves at risk to get some meaningful farm.

Once you freeze the lane, you just ask your jungler to come up top if they stick around and get them in one go. Even if they don't get killed they'll be very wary of going near a frozen minion wave any time soon.

Rene i'm not scared of. Against Fiora, a QW isn't going to keep me safe. Feel like I have to keep her scared of trying anything.

I feel like mickey is the only person who continually sings the praises of trundle jungle

Keep fighting the good fight, brother

also I picked up TF on a whim and he's a lot easier to play than I thought he would be. I wanna start playing him a bunch. Is lich bane not worth building anymore since the nerfs? A lot of the VODs I'm watching of pros playing him involve a morello first item then Zhonyas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom