• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

when you freeze the lane it's either because you don't want to push out or you want to prevent the other laner from getting farm. you can do the latter by pushing too plus you will more likely draw their jungler up there for a fruitless gank because you have of course warded nicely

lissandra has both a good escape and engage like she can push or freeze or dive or whatever
it's probably pretty important that you keep sight on them because they are probably running a meta teleport champion and you are lissandra
pushing holds them back because they are risking losing tower for a shitty teleport

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm surprised they didn't leave Yorick out of that picture with the way Riot's been treating him.

yea cos morde's pick or ban now!

Lucky you, my liss games weren't quite as good.

I'm still kinda figuring out how the hell you even kill people as her... her damage is pretty damn low.
the way i like to play lizzy is run tp and just tp bot as soon as i have ult. it's a free kill every time if your team is half good. take the kill, start building dfg if you think you'll be ulting people other than yourself.

don't rush zhonyas every game, it's not worth it if you're not gonna be the one engaging. you usually just get athenes as first item but since athenes not super good top lane you can just get like morellos or something.

AcridMeat

Banned
I need to stop. I have to stop. This time someone wanted to duo, which is fine I know they're good. Oh everyone chases, why is everyone chasing they have Kassadin oh look Kassadin showed up and cleaned up the fight, hm.

Oh wait our fed Olaf just left game? WELP!

Mothman91

I need to stop. I have to stop. This time someone wanted to duo, which is fine I know they're good. Oh everyone chases, why is everyone chasing they have Kassadin oh look Kassadin showed up and cleaned up the fight, hm.

I'm so sorry.

Are you on EUW?

AcridMeat

Banned
NA.

I just want a team that will coordinate for objectives again. How come it seemed so easy for so long? :/

I love trundle top, he's a lot of fun. Similar situation with Shyvana I think. I love her in the jungle but she's still better top.

I ended up as Bronze III in Season 3 because I rushed my preliminaries when I hit 30 and lost all of them but four (which I actually did later on).

However I completely destroyed my first ranked match this season as Varus with 11/0/8 and I'm wondering if I should keep doing my preliminaries or wait until the end of the season?

garath

I ended up as Bronze III in Season 3 because I rushed my preliminaries when I hit 30 and lost all of them but four (which I actually did later on).

However I completely destroyed my first ranked match this season as Varus with 11/0/8 and I'm wondering if I should keep doing my preliminaries or wait until the end of the season?

Keep on going. Only go up from there.

Mothman91

Waiting until the end of the season is a bad idea. Once it's close, people are gonna want to try hard and you are going to get a bad bunch of games. Try to rank up now instead of later, you'll regret it.

Ocho

Keep on going to reach gold #thedream.

Ragnaroz

Your placement will mostly depend on the first 5 matches so try to win them all. After that, even if you lose the remaining 5, you should be a lot higher then you were last season.

Someone please teach me how 2 get 2 gold.

Nami_1.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Someone please teach me how 2 get 2 gold.

play a few champions really well

i got to gold 1 just by playing syndra, lizzy, ori, thresh and annie.

any game i got another role i just didn't care and tried to get it over with asap, like games where i don't get to play my climbing champs are just trash games and i'll not register them in my head and just play whatever

that worked for me at least

i should probably do the same now, trade annie for nami maybe and just remove syndra altogether.

Keep on going. Only go up from there.

Waiting until the end of the season is a bad idea. Once it's close, people are gonna want to try hard and you are going to get a bad bunch of games. Try to rank up now instead of later, you'll regret it.

Keep on going to reach gold #thedream.

Your placement will mostly depend on the first 5 matches so try to win them all. After that, even if you lose the remaining 5, you should be a lot higher then you were last season.

Thanks for the support guys, I'll continue my matches! What's everyone's opinion of going duo in your preliminaries? I had a good few duo matches in my last prelims, but a lot of terrible ons.

Edwardo

Thanks guys. I've taken everything you've said into consideration and decided on my new main.

But seriously, thanks. I do think the problem might be that I play too many different champs and dont really main a specific lane. I'll probably start focusing on a certain role with a couple champs. It's less fun tbh, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

If you want to play different stuff, there's always normals for that.

Unwind, try bizarre shit, just gotta remember to put your tryhard pants on for ranked.

Thanks guys. I've taken everything you've said into consideration and decided on my new main.

But seriously, thanks. I do think the problem might be that I play too many different champs and dont really main a specific lane. I'll probably start focusing on a certain role with a couple champs. It's less fun tbh, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

this is basically me

I play anything and everywhere. Although when I was doing ranked I just played support. I would get Gold if I bothered but I hate solo q

...'ll probably start focusing on a certain role with a couple champs. It's less fun tbh, but you gotta do what you gotta do.[/spoiler]
Just play support. You can setup kills like no other lane - and even secure them kekeke - and you don't have to play "boring" champs.

I dunno, I warmed to support last year anyway when no one wanted to bother so I thought I may as well do a good job of it. It's satisfying rolling up to teamfights and keeping your team alive.

zkylon

zkylewd

i don't think you gotta suffer through it, i mean, it is ranked after all, but it's not like you can't play multiple roles/champions/etc.

it's just that you should make your own roster, maybe a lil bigger than my roster but that's ok, i used to do great with anivia and chogath too :p

drawkcaB

I dunno, I warmed to support last year anyway when no one wanted to bother so I thought I may as well do a good job of it. It's satisfying rolling up to teamfights and keeping your team alive.

Same. The feeling you get when you boss around the opposing duo is pretty damn sweet. Just walking up by your lonesome and seeing two champions back away is a bit of a power trip.

Nekofrog

Banned
In terms of maining, I feel like my biggest strength is also my biggest weakness. Since I constantly fill to let others play what they want, I don't get enough experience constantly playing one or two roles to be outstanding on (except support, filling tends to net you a lot of support games). But since I'm filling, everyone is usually happy and gets the role they want. This sometimes backfires.

I do go on kicks where I like to play one champ, though. Right now I'm on dat smite/tele Master Yi train without ever really having played Yi and it's working so far.

Jeff-DSA

Playing support put me in a hole. My support win rate was ridiculously low. I don't feel like I had big impact on games, despite doing the right things because the "more important" roles were far too often left to people who had no concept of how to secure objectives. Once I started being more assertive in picking ADC and mid, my win rate has skyrocketed.

But man, if you're a good support, you can make a competent ADC look like a boss. You can't do anything with one that outright sucks though.

I wouldn't fill unless you absolutely have to. Having a role to focus on and polish your skill with it is much better than being a jack of all trades.

Sure, be maleable and if someone really, really wants a role there's nothing wrong with picking something else, but most of the time always try to get what you actually want to play instead of just going with the flow.

Blizzard

Banned
Only play redhead champions. Miss Fortune for ADC, Fiora for jungle/top, Lulu (going to need her skin with the red hair) for support, and Katarina mid. Easy. 75% win rate and a free ride to the promised land.
What runes and items do you build on Katarina? I'm like dat 39% win rate in silver/bronze.

Playing support put me in a hole. My support win rate was ridiculously low. I don't feel like I had big impact on games, despite doing the right things because the "more important" roles were far too often left to people who had no concept of how to secure objectives. Once I started being more assertive in picking ADC and mid, my win rate has skyrocketed.

But man, if you're a good support, you can make a competent ADC look like a boss. You can't do anything with one that outright sucks though.
Yup, the problem with support is down in bronze/silver, you may lose your sanity due to ADCs before you average out with a >50% win rate.

Blinding

Only play redhead champions. Miss Fortune for ADC, Fiora for jungle/top, Lulu (going to need her skin with the red hair) for support, and Katarina mid. Easy. 75% win rate and a free ride to the promised land.

Why not Zyra for support? I mean, she is a natural redhead unlike Lulu.

zkylon

zkylewd
i actually think support is a great climbing role since it's one of the most capable at making enemy throws happen.

plus, everyone is so awful at support that you'll always be an improvement over the second choice

Kenai

Hmmm......

As much as I appreciate the duo that got me into Silver 5, I'm not sure it's gonna last through to Gold.

Just because we don't crush laning phase for once (we still won game by a notable amount at 41-22) he got salty at me for not "being aggressive enough" vs a Karma/Twtich lane as Nami, despite me warning him very early on that we will likely going to be pushed to the turret by Karma's poke if she was good. And he still went 10-4 before the game ended. So apparently he does not take non-crushing victories well, let alone losing. "You're making me do too much vs good supports". Yea ok guy, just because I don't giftwrap a half dozen kills for you every game before the laning phase is over (especially vs a lane with poke as annoying as Karma) does not mean I haven't pulled my weight. not to mention this is Silver elo, i am not going to play perfectly every game or even most of the time (and never claimed otherwise!)

Even worse, the other players b*tched at him for not trading better in lane/teamfighting better lategame and I defended him by saying he's used to being more fed.

I can't cry too much though, I was Bronze 3 last Thursday.

Jeff-DSA

What runes and items do you build on Katarina? I'm like dat 39% win rate in silver/bronze.

Yup, the problem with support is down in bronze/silver, you may lose your sanity due to ADCs before you average out with a >50% win rate.

For Katarina, my items are a little bit situational, but usually I go Haunting Guise, Sorcerer's boots, Deathfire Grasp, Rabadon's Deathcap, Void Staff, and Zhonya's Hourglass. If you have leftover gold, go ahead and upgrade Haunting Guide to Liandry's Torment.

For runes, I go 9 magic pen marks, 9 armor seals, 9 AP glyphs, and 3 AP quints. You can do 9 hybrid pen marks if you want, but I just do straight up magic pen.

Lots of people max her Q as quickly as possible, but I generally put a point in between the Q and W back and forth and max the E last. I like bringing W up with the Q so that her burst combo hits a bit harder when you Q, E, W, someone in laning. It forces them to stay back a bit, which is helpful against the casters.

Ocho

Yeah man, it's more about 'maining' a role than a champion. You can't roll the same champion forever in case you get seriously countered or/and are useless to your team comp.

Also, support is the worst role to climb elo. Don't do it. Don't be like me. Learn to play true carry roles if you want to advance fast. I'd recommend anything but bot lane.

Kenai

Yeah man, it's more about 'maining' a role than a champion. You can't roll the same champion forever in case you get seriously countered or/and are useless to your team comp.

Also, support is the worst role to climb elo. Don't do it. Don't be like me. Learn to play true carry roles if you want to advance fast. I'd recommend anything but bot lane.

As much as I dislike the role personally, knowing the jungle meta and playing a good champ/countering the other jungler probably carries like none of the other roles can. it's a bit like support in that it's often not picked + you are still super reliant on your team helping you secure ganks and paying attention to where wards are placed and blocking early invades n so on, but with timer memorization and awareness of the creep wave/enemy in every lane taking the forefront.

ADC is good too but I'll be damned if a bad support can't screw you over. a carry who doesn't have some CS under him/her due to a bad laning phase is rough, and a lot of that counts on support harass/protection. Also in my experience mid and top get picked a lot so I really don't get to practice/play those roles often outside of teambuilder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom