• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Last game, my team was down 10 kills and two dragons and they all want to teamfight mid. Fucking bronze. Of course we lost the teamfight, now everyone's running out into the unwarded jungle and getting caught. I know I'm bad but holy shit at the people I've gotten matched up with the last few games.

I dunno what to do. Bronze II is for me I guess. That 10 game win streak took me from BIV to BII and I'm no longer carrying. I need to learn how to use a lead in lane; I dumpstered a Veigar in the last match and I haven't really been snowballed in a while in ranked. I started roaming around the 12 minute mark, but by then our jungler had already died twice and bot lane was losing hard.

Newt

Last game, my team was down 10 kills and two dragons and they all want to teamfight mid. Fucking bronze. Of course we lost the teamfight, now everyone's running out into the unwarded jungle and getting caught. I know I'm bad but holy shit at the people I've gotten matched up with the last few games.
This happens even at diamond V, I've found.

Blizzard

Banned
There are two weird sides of the same coin that I guess happen at all levels:

1. The case mentioned, where a team is way behind but people keep yelling in chat to try to teamfight. This might work if teamfights allowed the team to catch up, but often I feel the teamfights DON'T help, because as mentioned the team is way behind. Thus, each teamfight results in...the team becoming further behind. Especially since the teamfight will probably NOT be in a sitaution where waves are pushed near enemy towers, or the team is in a position to take an objective if they did win the fight. If people kept trying to farm, level up, and preserve the remaining towers, they might catch up and be able to turn the tide.

2. The opposite case, where a team is way ahead but doesn't want to teamfight or take objectives. The result, of course, is that the other team catches up in levels as people randomly wander alone, and then the other team wins teamfights because they caught up.

Subtle

They also TU'd Pentakill Morde

mordeupdate2.jpg

Tizoc

There are times when I feel like Twitch's damage output is puny, not to mention how I feel he is weak in the early game.

Last night I had a match where I was ADC Twitch, thankfully the other 4 were able to handle themselves in Team fights, as I noticed our Top and Bot lanes were being heavily pushed by the opponent's Minions/Crits. I'd just go and clear them up and push them, then by the time I get back to my team, they'd have wasted most of the opposition =V

At one point their Lucian was Top to take down the 2nd turret, I stealth and start attacking him and he falls in 3 hits! (I had Statik+LW+IE by then). I got a good chuckle out of that.

We Killed the Baron twice funnily enough too.

Blizzard

Banned
singed may be one of the most straightforward champions in the game

you turn your q on, run around, and flip people who dont want to be flipped
Don't forget the all-important "press R when the going gets rough".

Singed used to be around all the time, but I rarely see him now. I'm not sure if this is due to Singed nerfs, meta changes, item changes, or a combination.

Tizoc

Don't forget the all-important "press R when the going gets rough".

Singed used to be around all the time, but I rarely see him now. I'm not sure if this is due to Singed nerfs, meta changes, item changes, or a combination.

Maybe players found him boring? Eh I'll prob. give him a try as a support and see how badly I use him.

Mothman91

Maybe players found him boring? Eh I'll prob. give him a try as a support and see how badly I use him.
He needs lots of farm to be viable, support isn't gonna fulfill that need. Go top lane, rush a rod of ages, go tanky like frozen heart if you need armor or banshees if magic resist. I think you can add a rylais if you want more ap, that item is pretty good on Singed regardless.

Holy fuck. 11 game chat restriction. I think I raged once in the past 15 games and that was in my second loss of my silver > gold promos. Sort this shit Riot.

zkylon

zkylewd
took me five games but finally won one lol (mf op)

but man i suck hard at mid, i may seriously consider moving to adc or support instead

Tizoc

He needs lots of farm to be viable, support isn't gonna fulfill that need. Go top lane, rush a rod of ages, go tanky like frozen heart if you need armor or banshees if magic resist. I think you can add a rylais if you want more ap, that item is pretty good on Singed regardless.

Well Support+Tank was my idea, but I'll give Top Singed a try. I saw a Rylai's on a Singed once and I can see how it might benefit him

I'm thinking of buying Quinn next. How are people building her nowadays?
Everyone's been rushing Blade of the Ruined King on her, and can't say I'm impressed with that idea. Feels underwhelming both in top and bot lane.

He's been dropped due to unnecessary nerfs, yeah. I'm glad Riot pandered to the common solo queue idiot who couldn't just ignore the useless proxy 'strategy' that was around the last time he enjoyed relevancy.

Ferga

Skt Vs CJ on right now

I think CJ has a chance of winning this. SKT seem to be pretty out of form in the last few split games.

I'm surprised that more people aren't picking singed. The new TP is pretty much a free pass to late game.

Maybe its because of Ryze...
Proxy farming got nerfed, his damage got nerfed, most popular top laners shit on him, with new heal he's even more kiteable and the game just evolved around him while he has to run to you.

Edwardo

Gosu came out with an adc tier list this morning

For the people asking me about a solo queue tier list, I'll just type a short one real quick:
Tier 1:
Lucian - Overall really strong kit, can be picked in any situation, strong laning phase, mid game and late. Good at snowballing and can take control of lane once you get a lead really easily. Has no real drawbacks.
Twitch - Decent laning phase, snowballs really hard, amazing late game, the only ADC to have map pressure past mid game due to his stealth and can pick easily, and his ult just tears through teamfights. However has no escape once his stealth is used other than slow.
Tier 2:
Draven - Extremely strong throughout the game, and can snowball because of passive, however lack of mobility makes him a risky pick. Ult can be used to snipe people across the map, and can use his E to interrupt gapclosers (Lee Q, Jax Q midway thru animation etc,) Hard to play mechanically, but gets easier to play after you learn how to juggle axes
Jinx - Decent laning phase, can snowball due to passive and ult, great mid and late game + really good at taking towers down. Extremely immobile however has a great self peel kit with w and e.
Cait - Extremely strong lane, decent mid game and great late game. Great at poking, and can snowball advantage by going to other lanes and sieging.
Tier 3:
Kog'Maw & Corki & Miss Fortune & Sivir - Don't have that much personal experience with this tier, but Corki and MF are both really strong laners, and I think we will see a resurgence of MF soon. Kog'maw seems to be decent as well with Botrk > Trinity. Sivir has a weak laning phase but can just push into tower all day and her ult is great for teamfights.
Tier 4:
Graves - Weak early due to range, but has a massive powerspike once you get bloodthirster. Can snowball pretty hard. Decent mid and late game. Easy to grab kills with Q R, and a well placed W can turn the tide of a lot of fights.
Ezreal - Weak laning phase, ok mid game and ok late game, one of the most mobile AD carries, easy to carry with if you can snowball early. If you fall behind, very very difficult to come back from and has a lot less damage than other ADs if you're not fed. Really fun to play tho
Vayne - Shittiest laning phase out of all AD carries, needs a lot of jungle pressure early or make really decisive trades, make one mistake and you're fucked, however if you get a lot of help and you get ahead then you can snowball, great in small skirmishes and 1v1s, has a lot of outplay potential, and great vs tanks. Decent midgame and decent late game. Short range sucks tho.
Tier 5 - The rest of them
tl;dr snowball

Do you all agree?

i have difficulties accepting tier lists when a visual update was all it took for twitch to become tier 1.
That's not all it took.

Indirect buffs are still buffs, AS runes and summoner spell changes - heal in particular - helped him greatly. Also people really underestimate the impact of the QoL change on his E.

Leezard

Gosu came out with an adc tier list this morning

Do you all agree?

I'd agree with essentially everything except that Varus needs to be placed in tier 3.

edit: just played a game of support Zyra. Kinda shitty laning phase since Jinx overcommitted to a dive on lvl 2.
Still dealt most damage in game. I'm quite surprised. I had 44 magic pen though, enough to make me deal true damage to everyone except Vi.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
That's not all it took.

Indirect buffs are still buffs, AS runes and summoner spell changes - heal in particular - helped him greatly. Also people really underestimate the impact of the QoL change on his E.

yeah.

all i'm saying is, inb4 we start talking about karthus indirect buffs.

garath

It's the circle of champions. Pros only play a small subset of champs because they are reliably good. Solo queue heroes take some risks and try out all sorts of crazy stuff. Once in awhile it turns out good. Then a pro will start to play it as well and either the large streaming community will jump on the bandwagon, spilling out to the full League community or the pro will take it into a tourny and then it's all over. Expect nerfs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom