• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy if Gambit could repeat last year's performance and prove me wrong, though! That's really the last time I can recall them having a run of absolutely top-shelf games back-to-back, and it was quite a sight.
Proving people wrong is Gambit's specialty. Both when people think they'll lose and when people think they'll win.

Being a fan is stressful.

zkylon

zkylewd
Where's your Gragas? LB tier assassination with his Q+R when he gets his items, on aoe too. Guy is a monster.
i dunno why people hammer on one pick when watching competitive. all picks in competitive are based on having little to no counter and on being as "abusable" as possible. like ziggs, lebonk, gragas, zed, ahri, orianna, khazix, elise, caitlyn, lucian, thresh, shyvanna, morgana, they're all broken in some way that's awful when played to the most competitive level

but in a real game like ranked or something a lot of those are really ok. i don't really mind gragas, most people don't play him or don't play him well enough (myself included on the second one) so he doesn't bother me so much. unlike ziggs which was fotm not too long ago.

plus while grago is pretty op he at least has a shred of a weakness like being melee or having not much sustained damage. nidalee has her shit laning and is very feast or famine depending on if she gets farmed. lebonk can't waveclear for shit and is very snowball reliant. ziggs really has no weakness, he's waveclear, poke, burst, semi-global ult, free lich bane thing, strong early game, strong scaling, aoe damage and cc.

so yea for me personally ziggs is the most annoying midlaner right now, with yasuo contesting thanks to his stupidly broken ult shield and just annoying kit overall.

He probably just needs a better tailor.

I was going to say he's more like Krillin, but I don't think Krillin ever wore weighted clothes, and he actually looked more like an adult when he put on a suit.

ALN1031

i dunno why people hammer on one pick when watching competitive. all picks in competitive are based on having little to no counter and on being as "abusable" as possible. like ziggs, lebonk, gragas, zed, ahri, orianna, khazix, elise, caitlyn, lucian, thresh, shyvanna, morgana, they're all broken in some way that's awful when played to the most competitive level

but in a real game like ranked or something a lot of those are really ok. i don't really mind gragas, most people don't play him or don't play him well enough (myself included on the second one) so he doesn't bother me so much. unlike ziggs which was fotm not too long ago.

plus while grago is pretty op he at least has a shred of a weakness like being melee or having not much sustained damage. nidalee has her shit laning and is very feast or famine depending on if she gets farmed. lebonk can't waveclear for shit and is very snowball reliant. ziggs really has no weakness, he's waveclear, poke, burst, semi-global ult, free lich bane thing, strong early game, strong scaling, aoe damage and cc.

so yea for me personally ziggs is the most annoying midlaner right now, with yasuo contesting thanks to his stupidly broken ult shield and just annoying kit overall.

well... actually basically all those things you said about ziggs aside from semi global and lich bane thing apply to graggy as well. xD but idk, I just feel cheesed a lot more when graggy throws his two barrels and double kills in a half second or something than from the other ones. also i like playing ziggs hehehe.

Edwardo

Only if you're a turtle.

but but but

GokuKrillinTrainingOceanBuuSaga.png

zkylon

zkylewd
well... actually basically all those things you said about ziggs aside from semi global and lich bane thing apply to graggy as well. xD but idk, I just feel cheesed a lot more when graggy throws his two barrels and double kills in a half second or something than from the other ones. also i like playing ziggs hehehe.
yea grago is op no doubt, i just find him a lot less annoying because i feel he's manageable in lane if you don't get cheesed (which just got nerfed after rito buffed it for some raisin on last patch lol)

also i should probably try dfg on him, because i've played like 50+ games of grago and two shotting people with q+r unless super duper fed just doesn't happen.

Leezard

TSM is looking just as good if not better than the top EU teams while being consistent.

EU teams either rekt or get rekt.

I mean I know it was a good pick but Lemon got stomped so hard that it was essentially useless.

If he had something like Leona or Zyra he would probably do more than just get farmed on.

Yeah, I don't think they expected to get so stomped though. The black shield did quite some saves early, but Zyra specifically could have helped much in the teamfights.

ALN1031

yea grago is op no doubt, i just find him a lot less annoying because i feel he's manageable in lane if you don't get cheesed (which just got nerfed after rito buffed it for some raisin on last patch lol)

also i should probably try dfg on him, because i've played like 50+ games of grago and two shotting people with q+r unless super duper fed just doesn't happen.

here's an example. super late game with basically everyone having close to full or full build:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLkGUFTDfJI

i can't remember clearly, but i think hai killed rekkles in game two of c9 vs fnatic just now with just Q+R.

edit: yep, he did two shot rekkles

zkylon

zkylewd
here's an example. super late game with basically everyone having close to full or full build:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLkGUFTDfJI

i can't remember clearly, but i think hai killed rekkles in game two of c9 vs fnatic just now with just Q+R.
i should probably trust my damage better
i have like an amazing kda on grago and i win lane really often with him but my winrate is pretty bad.

like with lebonk i'm no good at laning or farming or anything but i do play her midgame pretty decent and so i have a pretty good winrate

ALN1031

i should probably trust my damage better
i have like an amazing kda on grago and i win lane really often with him but my winrate is pretty bad.

like with lebonk i'm no good at laning or farming or anything but i do play her midgame pretty decent and so i have a pretty good winrate

yea, even when i play him i surprise myself with how much damage my q+r actually does, i always feel like i need to save it for when they're at least half health but it just ends up murdering them anyway when they hover around 80%.

edit: hai's kill on rekkles if anyone was curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxBLsFWBvzg

oh also, you mentioned lb waveclear is crap, it's not winning any awards, but a lot of lbs now max w and they waveclear decently with it.

Tizoc

I need to start using Nasus' other abilities more, like using his Magic circle against minions or enemies within a safe-ish range.
OwVN6YN.jpg

In this match I started off feeding the Nidalee, try as I migh to avoid her attacks.
I'm not familiar with her movesit but does one of her abilities make her spears do more AD or AP?

zkylon

zkylewd
this was sad to watch

c'mon gambit pull yourselves together

oh also, you mentioned lb waveclear is crap, it's not winning any awards, but a lot of lbs now max w and they waveclear decently with it.
well you seen how ktb picked on alex whenever he double w'd to waveclear

and even if you don't get ganked like you sacrifice around 20-30 seconds of kill potential every time you want to quickly clear a wave.

like gragas and ziggs just q e from absolute safety.

LeBlanc's wave-clear in lane is okay, but her siege wave-clear is absolute garbage tier. That's why if you watch good LB's they won't even be with their team during a siege, they'll be poking around the flanks looking for a pick.

Damn, KTB looked pretty good there and Insec for once didn't seem to be struggling in the jungle. Also, poor Alex. First the rotation to get him away from mid-lane and deny him the blue, then the constant ganks. RIP

Mothman91

Damn, KTB looked pretty good there and Insec for once didn't seem to be struggling in the jungle. Also, poor Alex. First the rotation to get him away from mid-lane and deny him the blue, then the constant ganks. RIP
Yup, they were ruthless on him, just waiting on him to use his W and R.

DeadNames

Banned
Ranked was weird as hell last night.

First game I play Zac top against a bruiser Jinx. She gets stomped.

Second game I'm Aatrox vs Shen. Our ADC was toxic as fuck (surprise surprise) and started fighting bot. I was worried that we'd lose because I was at 90 LP. Turns out Shen didn't really feel like fighting me anymore, so I had like 200 farm at 20 minutes and singlehandedly pushed the entire lane to the inhib. They had to 2v1 me to kill me.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok i'm finally free

the curse of iem is broken

see you tomorrow peeps

edit: i dunno if i'm sad or not that gambit lost. i really wante dthem to win but on the other hand montecristo being wrong is pleasure

Blizzard

Banned
But what if you also live in a blue house and drive a blue car?
I just wanted to let you know that SOMEONE caught this post, and I think we have similar senses of humor. :p

On an ingame note I got a win with Vel'koz and had most damage to champs (which is presumably what AP mid is supposed to do), but I went like 0/3/0 and was down 100 CS to mid Jayce. I wonder why more people don't go sustain mid like that -- I guess some players can land skillshots on Jayce more easily than I can so they can damage faster than he can heal.

I still feel like Vel'koz is hard mode to an extent, more difficult and less safe than other champions who do similar things. However, his laser remains very fun to use if you can position properly near a teamfight, so I hope that doesn't get nerfed.

8-2 in promo

Silver 2 up from S5 in Season 3

bit salty though, G5 would have been possible since both losses were close matches and we were 4v5 since the beginning.

Ferrio

Banned
I need to start using Nasus' other abilities more, like using his Magic circle against minions or enemies within a safe-ish range.

In this match I started off feeding the Nidalee, try as I migh to avoid her attacks.
I'm not familiar with her movesit but does one of her abilities make her spears do more AD or AP?

Need to work on your CS... that's the most important thing to nasus. You should pretty much be ignoring everything and just pushing your lane and CSing with your Q. Teleport to help when needed, other than that farm until you're unstoppable.

Nidalee's spears scale with AP, and distance. The longer they travel through the air before they hit something the more damage they do.

Blizzard

Banned
I got Gold 4 ending the post season as Silver 3, going 8-2.
I think I got Silver 1 ending the post season as Gold V, going 7-3 (maybe a 4-5 game win streak in there). It seems to vary a lot from person-to-person and presumably depends on the hidden rating(s) instead of just record and previous rank.

And of course I immediately went down to Silver 5 after that, so silver was presumably the correct rating, otherwise I might not have kept playing ranked. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom