• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

Yeah, thanks for the info. I think I will get Zyra. I like the fact I'll be able to do a decent amount of teamfight damage as her with minimal ap items.

In a one for all match, none in my team knows how to play Yasuo. (I don't too).

"I don't know how to play Yasuo" - teammate 1
"Just go with the flow" - me.

I'll show myself the exit....

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone know exactly how Thresh pull-to-enemy works? The Q icon turns red, and sometimes I am able to pull myself after a single enemy drag step, and sometimes after 2, and sometimes it takes 2-3 presses of Q to get myself to pull to them.

Is it a timing thing? If so is it possible to pull yourself instantly without dragging the enemy even a single step?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Even though we lost this game, it could not be ever more glorious.
JQfzYyg.jpg

Does anyone know exactly how Thresh pull-to-enemy works? The Q icon turns red, and sometimes I am able to pull myself after a single enemy drag step, and sometimes after 2, and sometimes it takes 2-3 presses of Q to get myself to pull to them.

Is it a timing thing? If so is it possible to pull yourself instantly without dragging the enemy even a single step?

I always thought the hook was such an interesting mechanic because it displaces the enemy multiple times with the two or three jerks

You can Q2 as long as the enemy is hooked/stunned. You only need one press. If you want to quickly pull yourself just mash.

Mothman91

Don't pick Velkoz in one for all, you'll regret it.

Don't pick safe poke champs, it's no good.

Yeah, poke champs are no fun. Had a Varus game where everyone just had Q ready and it was just who can get into range, let it go and get out of their Q range for 30 minutes.

Tizoc

Question regarding Spirit Stone's final upgrade: How often are the other 2 final variants used? I get why Spirit of the Elder Lizard is made, but are the other 2 variants ever used by Jungler characters?

It's not so much the mana (although it never hurts) so much as the armor (multiplicative effects on his +health bonus from W) the CDR (which let's him have close to perma W and E fields) and the -% attack speed aura against AA heavy opponents.

I already explained before why Blade of the Ruined King (while great on Trundle) can feel lackluster in certain situations (vs high mobility team comps for instance), so I won't bring up the "BoRK or Hydra or Triforce" peptalk again. And while Trundle could always use some extra mana, that's not why I suggested Frozen Heart. Its total armor count is second only to Thornmail and it can be a worthwhile pick-up for the 20% CDR is with all the utility Trundle brings to the table. Admittedly a rather situational item though and it provides no health, but you should have enough of that already with Randuin's + Spirit Visage.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll test it out next time I use Trundle.
That Fiora build...blech. A Fiora without Youmuu's Ghostblade is like a Fiora without the Headmistress skin. IT FEELS WRONG.

I use to make just Last Whisper for armor pen, but will try Hydra+LW+Youmuu+IE.

Jeff-DSA

Just played as Renekton vs a Nidalee top. Man, she's so annoying. Managed to win, but every time you take one of those dang spears you're forced back to your base, even after building up a good amount of MR. Her damage just outscales what you can build in terms of resist until pretty late.

Mothman91

Question regarding Spirit Stone's final upgrade: How often are the other 2 final variants used? I get why Spirit of the Elder Lizard is made, but are the other 2 variants ever used by Jungler characters?
Elise uses Golem. Amumu can use Wraith if going AP.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll test it out next time I use Trundle.

I use to make just Last Whisper for armor pen, but will try Hydra+LW+Youmuu+IE.

last season Golem was pretty much the only one worth building for most popular junglers

Just played as Renekton vs a Nidalee top. Man, she's so annoying. Managed to win, but every time you take one of those dang spears you're forced back to your base, even after building up a good amount of MR. Her damage just outscales what you can build in terms of resist until pretty late.

Well you kind of take a crap on her pre 6. The point is to snowball the lane so hard that hear spears does nothing. Most top lane Nidalee go AD Nida though.

Well if it's an heavy AD team where you don't need MR going golem saves you from going mercs because you can get the tenacity from golem. Then you can just stack that armor! Or if you're a tank jungler and you have two squishy solo lane going golem isn't too bad either.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
One for all Udyr is the dumbest (yet kinda fun) thing ever. Sounds like a zoo breakout for the entire match.

Blizzard

Banned
You can Q2 as long as the enemy is hooked/stunned. You only need one press. If you want to quickly pull yourself just mash.
So it does only activate at certain times (between the pulls)?

*edit* I disagree with Ferrio about Ashe. It turned out to have all high-skill flash kill maneuvers, and dramatic 4v5 comeback victory. Everything is a dance of death and then you're permaslowed or hit by 4 arrows.

The ult sounds are funny, plus a bunch of Ashes dying sound funny because they're like "WHOAAAA AHHHHHH".

Blizzard

Banned
I'm not really digging the new mode. I wish they would just bring back URF. :(
They said it was going to come back in some form, so that should be fun.

I don't recommend 10 Gragas. It lasted 40:48. It was basically 10 full build Gragas with 1 Boss Gragas on each team, and it came down to who could better focus the mega gragas and then slowly wind back down the field.

AcridMeat

Banned
Anyone tried one for all Lee Sin?
When the original glitch was a thing this was my favorite, followed by blitz.

We had an anivia and it lasted forever. Was pretty funny though with all the walled eggs.

Ziggs is fun yet boring at the same time. He's the most OP champ on howling abyss so it's kind of lame tbh. Ezreal is still fun.

My masochistic side wants to do all for one Soraka. The ultimate test of endurance.

MaxiLive

Do you use a Logitech keyboard?

I ran into an issue when I started playing Thresh that I found out my keyboard struggles with quick double tap of keys sometimes. It's almost like it needs a 0.5 second delay to catchup to not class me as holding Q rather than tapping it. In notepad if I quickly spam the Q key it would work 60% of the time but the other 40% it would just be un responsive or treat it like I'm holding the key down.

After a bit of Google I found it seemed to be a bug with my keyboard as I struggle to do quick time events in certain games (Dead Space being the worst). I never found a fixed so now I've just got my timing better with thresh, it super sucks for champs like Lux though :p

So I've been having a weird problem lately, wondering if anyone might know what's up:

Background: I play on a macbook pro with an external 1080p monitor. I run league at 1920x1080.

However, lately, when trying to run the game at 1920x1080, the FPS is capped at 30. It's really, really weird. If I try any other resolution I get normal FPS behavior, including 1920x1200.

What could be causing this?

MaxiLive

Strange, I would say Vsync is on. If you uncap the FPS that should sort it! Not sure why it's only doing it a that resolution.

Talking about resolution I got my 21:9 monitor this week and for LoL it is pretty good you get a larger view of the Rift but it also is a wee bit buggy with some UI elements being massive and the minion/players having lower amount of animation frames in the far corners of the screen. It has been an enjoyable experience :D

Nope, no vsync and framerate cap is set to "benchmark." I've tried setting the fps cap to 80, as well, and it still didn't fix it. I'll play around with it more tomorrow.

Ferga

Alright, so far twitch in all for one has been the best for me.

Blitz game just got boring fast

Ziggs was a nightmare since the lane didnt move for over 10minutes because of wave clear

Twitch game was awesome. People went tank from the start while others rushed lifesteal or Sotd.

Team fights felt like team fights

Blackout mid match, get a loss prevented for no reason and without any Rioter saying anything about server problems or loss prevention.

God bless

Mothman91

People started switching builds after the 50 minute mark. I feel like I should have followed suit.

Fun game still, had a good laugh towards the end :)
Holy shit, 57 minute all for one game? That's why I can't take this mode, unless it's a champion that can make it quick. I'm so use to howling abyss to be around 20 minutes, once in a while to be half an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom