• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthos

It's changing, even when you aren't using it. It's about quick reflexes if the one that pops up first is the one you want. It can difficult to pull off, honestly.

Blizzard

Banned
I played Ezreal -- I think we had all normal Ezreal, and the other side must have battleboosted to all use cyborg Ezreals.

Normal Ezreals won. It did not take too long and it was neat, lasers everywhere and no CC. Getting double kills from AP Ezreal sweeping down the lane is really fun.

Ferrio

Banned
Just had the best Leona All-for-One with randoms. We started out with a first blood, so I started to spam animation cancel her dance. One guy joins in, then another... then the whole team. Just sitting there doing it ignoring all minions, only stopping once we get attacked. Everytime we weren't in a group fight we were doing it. We got so coordinated we started doing formations with it, crosses, lines, Vs etc. Seriously the best randoms I've ever grouped with.

axxpLMR.png

Leezard

Got Annie yesterday in ARAM and...she was rather easy to use but I need to stop saving my stun for summoning Mr. Tibbers.

I made Rod of Ages as her first item and worked my way on making the usual AP set.
Is there any way to make Tibbers stronger?
Also, is it because of ARAM and the camera PoV/distance or does Annie have really long range for her basic attacks?
That's a common mistake. Don't save your stun for your ult; save your ult for your stun.

V_Arnold

I bought Twisted Fate two days ago. He is surprisingly fun, although if the opponent's decide to "fuck it, we kill him", there is not much I can do to prevent it. It is the exact opposite of Leona in that regard :D

Any good tips on what items to do that has some useful defensive/snare active while boosting AD/Attack Speed?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I bought Twisted Fate two days ago. He is surprisingly fun, although if the opponent's decide to "fuck it, we kill him", there is not much I can do to prevent it. It is the exact opposite of Leona in that regard :D

Any good tips on what items to do that has some useful defensive/snare active while boosting AD/Attack Speed?
Don't build him AD. Build AP. Poke lots. You won't have to worry about getting burst down quite as much.

Newt

My best advice is to not ever build attack speed on TF.

Leezard

If you want to have maximum damage as TF you probably want to go an AP build path. Athenes, Lich Bane, Zhonyas, items like that allow him to poke and burst while surviving while waiting for his team.

Ferga

I think my computer/client is melting.

Client completely crashes in loading screen but I can still hear the game sounds on the desktop when everyone loads in.

There is no process to end and I get stuck on an endless update when I start the lol exe again.

V_Arnold

Don't build him AD. Build AP. Poke lots. You won't have to worry about getting burst down quite as much.

My best advice is to not ever build attack speed on TF.

If you want to have maximum damage as TF you probably want to go an AP build path. Athenes, Lich Bane, Zhonyas, items like that allow him to poke and burst while surviving while waiting for his team.

Alright. Thanks.
Then my E is pretty much pointless as a passive? :O

Leezard

I think my computer/client is melting.

Client completely crashes in loading screen but I can still hear the game sounds on the desktop when everyone loads in.

There is no process to end and I get stuck on an endless update when I start the lol exe again.
That sucks. The few times that have happened for me I just had to close the process.
Alright. Thanks.
Then my E is pretty much pointless as a passive? :O

Well, not really, since your E scales with AP. You still want to utilize your E to maximize your damage.

Tizoc

Yeah every Twisted Fate player I've seen builds him AP, and then you see him 1 shot kill people who are like 25% health all of a sudden lol
Also always go for Blue Card when you can.

I too have Twisted Fate, just blindly bought him when he was on sale lol, should try him out someday.

So I lost my honorable opponent that I had for a year a few days ago, I was pretty surprised that I ended up keeping it for that long when I had far more teamwork. Logged online today and guess what?

iFf4OR3PfF5IG.png

wow

what a surprise

Yeah every Twisted Fate player I've seen builds him AP, and then you see him 1 shot kill people who are like 25% health all of a sudden lol
Also always go for Blue Card when you can.

I too have Twisted Fate, just blindly bought him when he was on sale lol, should try him out someday.

Blue for lane only, red for wave clear, and gold for team fights.

AD TF is doable as well, but not recommended.

Every time tizoc post i feel like he is playing a different game then the rest of the world lol.

When playing TF, how do you know what card is going to pop up first when you activate W? I can't tell if it's random or based on what you used last.
It's not random nor is it based on what you used last.

Think of it this way, the cards are shuffling even while you're not using the skill. So the moment the match starts, an internal timer goes Blue Red Gold Blue Red Gold. The card that pops up the moment you use the skill is the card on that timer. This is how you get double gold cards, you lock the gold card, count the timer on your head and then use the skill at the exact moment to immediatly lock it.

In what match ups is Youmuu's good in? With all ADs, I'd just make Last Whisper.
Are you Rengar or Master Yi? You're always building it, pretty much.
Are you Zed, Riven, Tryndamere or Talon? It can work sometimes when you really need the active.

Any other AD champion? Never touch that thing. Specially Lucian, don't believe that penetration build bullshit.

Ferga

Man, picking support in solo queue is such a gamble

You either have a tonne of fun or facepalm yourself until your skull caves in

Mothman91

Aren't the Chinese lolbase like anti everything when it comes to this kind of stuff? Definitely mixing their rivals with their own scene.

Kenai

all i wanted was a teamwork ribbon. :(

I lost all of my honorable opponents when I ironically enough stopped being a sarcastic dick in all chat.

I've had teamwork ribbon for forever. Side effect of mainly supporting first win of the day bot games I guess? I've gotten to the point where I'm used to it and would be kinda said if it was gone.

I had the blue ribbon for like 5 days at one point too but lost it quick. It's a nice shade but I doubt I'll ever get it again. Does anyone ever see blue/yellow?

Considering it a very prestigious victory if I can sneak into Gold while still retaining my green one (in Silver 4 promos so awhile/never lol).

Leezard

The most fun I've had in a one for all was actually a custom Dominion game where everyone was Nami. It's great that you can setup these special game modes in other maps in customs.

brian!

it depends on the item and you wont sell them unless it's your last item
you could probably sell elder lizard or spectral, but you'd probably keep golem

Golem ain't worth selling because of the Tenacity, and it already gives you tank stats anyways.

You can swap Lizard for a Cleaver later on.

I was talking with my friends and we were remembering when we first started playing league of legends, when we say "why would we spent money to buy skins?", "it's only cosmetic", "yeah, it's just a waste of money", "I'm not gonna buy RP ever", "hahaha, me too".

+1 year later, and all of us have spent many houndreds of dollars in this game.

One of us started playing league just 3 months ago, and he said "I won't ever buy RP, it's a waste", we just laughed and told him he WILL eventually. (And he did).

How many of you said or thought "I'll never spend money in this game"?

ALN1031

I was talking with my friends and we were remembering when we first started playing league of legends, when we say "why would we spent money to buy skins?", "it's only cosmetic", "yeah, it's just a waste of money", "I'm not gonna buy RP ever", "hahaha, me too".

One of us started playing league just 3 months ago, and he said "I won't ever buy RP, it's a waste", we just laughed and told him he WILL eventually. (And he did).

I have. I still haven't.

Mothman91

...*raises hand*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom