• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not random nor is it based on what you used last.

Think of it this way, the cards are shuffling even while you're not using the skill. So the moment the match starts, an internal timer goes Blue Red Gold Blue Red Gold. The card that pops up the moment you use the skill is the card on that timer. This is how you get double gold cards, you lock the gold card, count the timer on your head and then use the skill at the exact moment to immediatly lock it.

I actually think I knew this, thanks for the reminder. Guess I have to get good at keeping the timer in my head. I've been having a lot of success with TF in my teambuilder games. It really is crazy how much damage you do, and I feel like hitting Q's is super easy.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Nami's bubble is the key to climbing the rank ladder. I swear by this.

In lower levels just aim on the champion you're aiming for. In higher levels you want to aim behind the enemy champion to anticipate their reaction. You can also use your E slow to set up for easier bubbles as well if they don't have a dash escape.

Kenai

Mmm ok, I will keep the jungle item then.

Also I am bad with nami's bubble x/

It definitely takes practice, and even then some people or some champs are just better at dodging (Lucian, Vayne,, Ezreal, Karma, Blitzcrank ect).

A couple things: if you suddenly move toward then and throw a bubble then move back they are gonna be more on guard so learn to be less easy to predict. i find that throwing one out immediately following a Nami autoattack animation after I've autoattacked a few times on minsions catches a lot of folks off guard at least once. It helps even more since her base autoattack damage is kinda low so there's less risk of stealing your adc's CS than someone like Lulu or Zyra.

Jeff-DSA

I finally had a Vayne on the other team that didn't just carry like a boss. I pushed her face in with Miss Fortune. Of course the Vayne blamed her support, but honestly she was just too aggressive early and I put three kills on her before their first tower even fell. Really short game.

QSTtTGV.jpg

Jeff-DSA

I believe Nami is the best support when played well, even better than Thresh.

Including Braum?

I'm still partial to Lulu. She doesn't have all the stuns of other supports, but she keeps people alive so well and her slow has big range and good damage later in the game. Also, in late team fights, casting Wild Growth on your tank in the middle of the fight is crazy awesome.

Newt

I finally had a Vayne on the other team that didn't just carry like a boss. I pushed her face in with Miss Fortune. Of course the Vayne blamed her support, but honestly she was just too aggressive early and I put three kills on her before their first tower even fell. Really short game.

QSTtTGV.jpg
I believe in you! Make it out of bronze with MF~

Blizzard

Banned
I did well as Morgana support getting Caitlyn fed early game, taking the tower, etc. The team was way ahead but we only ever got mid inhib. I got super frustrated and mad that game, it was heartbreaking, and we lost. The enemy Ziggs + Ezreal could nuke most of our team's health in two ults, so we got stalled out by Ziggs waveclear and never got even a nexus tower.

The only coordination we could get was mid lane though. I think if we could have gone for the top or bot inhib tower to get super minions in two lanes, that could have won. People just kept spamming to end mid though, even after we lost a 5v5 with baron buff on our side.

In the latest ranked game, the lobby had this:
margolies: im is cass
lulzwtfhax: im is teemo
margolies: im is
margolies: bitch
lulzwtfhax: im is
lulzwtfhax: u mad

Also "im is you si lookin ass mad". I'm not sure if this is a meme, a strange language mangling, or what, but I'm scared.

Blizzard

Banned
I did well as Morgana support getting Caitlyn fed early game, taking the tower, etc. The team was way ahead but we only ever got mid inhib. I got super frustrated and mad that game, it was heartbreaking, and we lost. The enemy Ziggs + Ezreal could nuke most of our team's health in two ults, so we got stalled out by Ziggs waveclear and never got even a nexus tower.

The only coordination we could get was mid lane though. I think if we could have gone for the top or bot inhib tower to get super minions in two lanes, that could have won. People just kept spamming to end mid though, even after we lost a 5v5 with baron buff on our side.

In the latest ranked game, the lobby had this:

Also "im is you si lookin ass mad". I'm not sure if this is a meme, a strange language mangling, or what, but I'm scared.

Apparently the translation was "3 people trolling mid".

Blizzard

Banned
Apparently the translation was "3 people trolling mid".
Just to elaborate on this, of the two griefing mid lane duo players, one had 20 deaths and the other had 15 deaths in under 24 minutes. It's kind of impressive how fast people can feed if they're trying to. (Of course, one of them bought mejais to emphasize the point)

That's the way ranked goes though!

Blizzard

Banned
After the 2 griefer team, the next team had very friend, nice people who let me have the role I wanted.

Our support promptly ragequit at level 5. Despite that we still nearly won the 4v5.

What will happen next game, no one knows! I suppose another demotion is possible. I've almost dropped 2 whole divisions since I started trying to learn Rengar. Advice is welcome. Win rate 27.3%. Some games have griefers or afks like that, but not all.

Ferga

Gotta love it when you get blamed for a loss when you've done the most damage, have the most gold and soloed a baron for the team.

Even had an adc who had the least gold in the game (yes, even less than our support gangplank) and he got none of the blame.

smh

Blizzard

Banned
Gotta love it when you get blamed for a loss when you've done the most damage, have the most gold and soloed a baron for the team.

Even had an adc who had the least gold in the game (yes, even less than our support gangplank) and he got none of the blame.

smh
Were you the jungler?

Because I'm pretty sure whatever happened, it was the jungler's fault. Darn jungler.

Newt

smh
Can't replace me.

Blizzard

Banned
I still don't really understand learning new champions in ranked rather than going in normals.
Oh I think I played him in normals/bot games first, but I've been playing him more recently in ranked. In theory getting better with a champion is always a learning process, but in practice I feel like I have a really bad/short term memory and no coach to watch me, so I probably learn few longterm lessons. We'll see.

Blizzard

Banned
I finally won as Rengar because I got carried by a smurfing Nocturne that went like 14/0/8.

One thing I am learning is that Rengar feels like a high skillcap champion. I feel as though there are several ways to screw yourself over by doing something slightly wrong, such as:

• Using your hydra on minions at a bad time, and ending up in a fight with it down.
  • Accidentally right clicking a minion instead of a champion, and ending up jumping NEXT to a carry instead of doing damage to them, causing you to die in ludicrous fashion.
  • Accidentally right clicking the wrong minion while still in a bush/just out of bush, causing you to jump to it instead of beginning to walk to it, making you to end up in the middle of a minion wave as the opposing champion smashes you in the face.
  • Completely missing the E skillshot.
  • Accidentally wasting 5 stacks when you meant to build to 5 stacks because you pressed too many buttons or miscounted.
  • Accidentally using the wrong ferocity skill, causing you to throw a buffed E into thin air, or use W with full health/do no damage.

Tizoc

I finally won as Rengar because I got carried by a smurfing Nocturne that went like 14/0/8.

One thing I am learning is that Rengar feels like a high skillcap champion. I feel as though there are several ways to screw yourself over by doing something slightly wrong, such as:

• Using your hydra on minions at a bad time, and ending up in a fight with it down.
  • Accidentally right clicking a minion instead of a champion, and ending up jumping NEXT to a carry instead of doing damage to them, causing you to die in ludicrous fashion.
  • Accidentally right clicking the wrong minion while still in a bush/just out of bush, causing you to jump to it instead of beginning to walk to it, making you to end up in the middle of a minion wave as the opposing champion smashes you in the face.
  • Completely missing the E skillshot.
  • Accidentally wasting 5 stacks when you meant to build to 5 stacks because you pressed too many buttons or miscounted.
  • Accidentally using the wrong ferocity skill, causing you to throw a buffed E into thin air, or use W with full health/do no damage.

Isn't there a way to assign a Hotkey to target Champs only? I don't know how it works though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom