• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtle

Mikaels nerfs, good. Quite any annoying item. New BT passive sounds neat. Although I'm not sure what the nerf is going to do to the BT>IE>LW build I love using on people like Draven and Graves. I'm pretty happy they're buffing Sivir.

Kenai

so me and my friend were discussing who might be the next victorious skin champ

we think khazix might be a prime candidate, but i dunno, too many junglers

i'm thinking it'll be a mid or adc, since there isn't any of those yet

I think it will be an ADC too. Technically wasn't there a Ryze skin for s1? I know I've seen Triumphant Ryze or something before.

If Lucian is still popular by the time the skin is made I think he might get it. Jinx would be a good choice too if she got buffed/picked more since they are both really popular. The championship/victorious skins usually go to champs with high pick or ban rates at that time right? i know Janna/Riven were real popular in S2, same with Elise/Thresh in S3.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Mikaels nerfs, good. Quite any annoying item. New BT passive sounds neat. Although I'm not sure what the nerf is going to do to the BT>IE>LW build I love using on people like Draven and Graves. I'm pretty happy they're buffing Sivir.

Nooo Mikael's is my oh shit button!

tm24

God, carrying as Morg support is just so good. Last 2 games just dominated. One game had a first pick blitz who's only purpose late game was hook me so i can ult everyone. We won a 4v5 because we went 11-0 before i died saving top. Game went 20 minutes long because jungle kayle is strong.

Blizzard

Banned
Doran's Blade...lifesteal? Am I totally nuts or is this going to make my noob 4-dorans Rengar better? :S *edit* Doing the math I guess it's similar. But having a little extra lifesteal does sound nice. *edit* Oh, but they're nerfing other lifesteal, so it will probably all even out or be worse, depending on how hydra ends up.

I'm gonna hop on board the Trist bandwagon early. If they treat her right she might be super strong.

I sorta went on a brief Trist kick a few weeks ago and had a blast.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm gonna hop on board the Trist bandwagon early. If they treat her right she might be super strong.

I sorta went on a brief Trist kick a few weeks ago and had a blast.
I hope it was your enemies who had the blast. =D

Tristana is fun, and a happy, cheerful champion is cool to play.

Snowman

i like that adc is getting changed round a lot but also worried about how weird it's gonna be for a while before it all gets figured out again

i'd like to think it's gonna make ashe good again, but even if you make mikaels a worse buy overall, people are still probably gonna buy it vs an ashe most of the time, so I dunno how much that really helps

I think the really big thing is that ezreal is going to be pure garbage, at least going on the changes being talked about so far, unless for some reason it makes blue build ez good again i dunno

also it's sort of nerfing quinn too, and fuck that

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I think the really big thing is that ezreal is going to be pure garbage, at least going on the changes being talked about so far, unless for some reason it makes blue build ez good again i dunno
Why do you think these changes will impact Ezreal in particular so negatively?

drawkcaB

Ashe doesn't need that much help. The item changes might be enough, actually. The way the community goes on about her you'd never think she's been at a consistent ~50% win rate across all ranks for well over a year. Off-loading the utility requirements onto the ADC has a tremendous value given the right composition. Looking forward to playing her in my ADC marathon - currently finished 6/10 games as jinx. Graves, Twitch, Tristana, and Ashe still on the slate.

I don't want to get my hopes but with the ADC item changes there's only one outstanding item left from all the patch previews: jungle tank improvements.

Leezard

Earthrune Skarner probably got the best touchup.
earthsakrner.jpg

Also, it seems like adc itemization is getting a rebalancing soon.
http://community.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/live-gameplay/LNKJydKU-410-411-systems-team-forecast
We're going to be normalizing everything that builds out of B.F. Sword to have 80 Attack Damage with minimal price increases to compensate - as well as shifting B.F. Sword to have 50 Attack Damage at the 1600 Gold price point, instead of 45 Attack Damage at the 1550 Gold price point.

Doran's Blade is going to get the lifesteal back as well.

edit: I see I am quite beaten, I probably got the link from here as well. I am too tired. :(

AdventChild

Neo Member
From Gold V 100 points to Gold V 0 points, again my skills gone.... Hate that, cos i know that its all my f* fault :(

Back to Garen top, Amumu jungle... almost 0 skill needed xD

SZGF

Banned
Earthrune Skarner probably got the best touchup.

Also, it seems like adc itemization is getting a rebalancing soon.
http://community.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/live-gameplay/LNKJydKU-410-411-systems-team-forecast

Doran's Blade is going to get the lifesteal back as well.

i liked the original sandstone colour palette better.

sandstorm benefited the most imo:
bugskarner2.jpg

the high contrast on the carapace, claws and stinger made the older textures show their age a lot sooner

with everything going down to 80AD I imagine that they plan on adding a pure AD item at some point. then again, maybe not - given the potential for abuse re: assassins (who after 4.10 will miss out on a 100AD item already)

Leezard

i liked the original sandstone colour palette better.

sandstorm benefited the most imo:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NuJwW0hJyS8/U4_h__jq-CI/AAAAAAAAQ-A/6ZT-jJSLy18/s1600/bugskarner2.jpg[IMG]
the high contrast on the carapace, claws and stinger made the older textures show their age a lot sooner

with everything going down to 80AD I imagine that they plan on adding a pure AD item at some point. then again, maybe not - given the potential for abuse re: assassins (who after 4.10 will miss out on a 100AD item already)[/QUOTE]

This one definitely seems nice as well.

Newt

i like that adc is getting changed round a lot but also worried about how weird it's gonna be for a while before it all gets figured out again

i'd like to think it's gonna make ashe good again, but even if you make mikaels a worse buy overall, people are still probably gonna buy it vs an ashe most of the time, so I dunno how much that really helps

also it's sort of nerfing quinn too, and fuck that
Ezreal is definitely just an average adc, and probably will be for the rest of his lifetime.

Quinn is already pure garbage (coming from someone who plays a lot of Quinn).

Also, played my 3rd game of diamond today duo with Rex. A Thresh dced, and game back and started arguing with the team and trash talking us. It never gets better, division really makes no difference.

Jeff-DSA

We're up 4 kills and winning objectives in every lane. Our Riven quits because "we let her die in the last two team fights" and that's that. We lose.

I'm never getting out of Bronze. I hate the LoL community so hard.

zkylon

zkylewd
mf continues to be completely amazing. 19/4/11 last game with morg support.

adcs feel like the role to play right now, lately when playing adc i've been feeling stronger than ever, like some s2 shit or something. i reckon it being the power scale shifting in their favor what with heal, mikaels and exhaust making them a lot harder to kill. also death of leona and annie and rise of the morg/zyra/nami

I think it will be an ADC too. Technically wasn't there a Ryze skin for s1? I know I've seen Triumphant Ryze or something before.

If Lucian is still popular by the time the skin is made I think he might get it. Jinx would be a good choice too if she got buffed/picked more since they are both really popular. The championship/victorious skins usually go to champs with high pick or ban rates at that time right? i know Janna/Riven were real popular in S2, same with Elise/Thresh in S3.

nope, victorious jarvan was s1's victorious skin and they only started making championship skins at s2.

i'm thinking jinx is a good candidate as well but i don't see her fitting the victorious or championship lines so well.

i actually think aatrox could be one since he has no other skins and would look well in gold :p

4.10 forecast

http://community.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/live-gameplay/E1xOE2gc-410-live-gameplay-patch-forecast

Possible bits of Tristana buffs aside from general ADC loving. We all know Riot will run her over with the nerf train afterwards.

Dblade LS% is back. Crucible nerf.
hmm interesting stuff, specially on second post

bt is now like a defensive item or something so i bet people will just rush ie or bjork now. it's weird, i kinda like the idea but want to see it in action. sounds like it'll be pretty beast on riven and no longer built on ad assassins, if anyone was still doing that.

dorans and dagger stuff are cool, i like the idea of moving adc damage more towards attack speed as it weakens their burst and cements them even more as dpsers.

mikael's nerf is warranted but there's no way it's gonna only affect tanky supports. like trading tankiness for more mana regen hurts sona and nami too. no one needs more mana regen that what it already gives.

new support item is really cool, very excited about that

edit: apparently reading the comments seems like randuins ms slow is getting removed. pretty big nerf for randuins, dunno how i feel about that

I kinda wanna try to take up lux again, I was watching Link's stream the other day and he was absolutely demolishing with her.

i kinda wanna get my mid skills up to par so i can take them to ranked. The number of times I've played mid in ranked is under 10, for sure. But I've really been enjoying TF. He's super straightforward, has self-peel and mana sustain, and is pretty easy to farm with.

I've been noticing that both Pobelter and Faker (and maybe others, dunno) take scaling AP on TF. Is that more of a general mid thing or what? I understand the movespeed quints, but that kinda perplexes me. I always like having flat AP at the start of a game.

zkylon

zkylewd
I kinda wanna try to take up lux again, I was watching Link's stream the other day and he was absolutely demolishing with her.

i kinda wanna get my mid skills up to par so i can take them to ranked. The number of times I've played mid in ranked is under 10, for sure. But I've really been enjoying TF. He's super straightforward, has self-peel and mana sustain, and is pretty easy to farm with.

I've been noticing that both Pobelter and Faker (and maybe others, dunno) take scaling AP on TF. Is that more of a general mid thing or what? I understand the movespeed quints, but that kinda perplexes me. I always like having flat AP at the start of a game.
are you talking about blues?

flat ap blues are useless on most mids (tf and lux are good examples of that). think about it, 60% ap ratio on lux e, that's like 6 more damage per spell, it's not gonna do anything for you.

scaling ap blues work much better cos they become useful by the time you need em. they're both 9 ap at level 6, so you're a bit weaker before level 6 but from then on you're stronger.

by level 18 scaling ap are worth about an extra amp tome. by then you have almost perma 40% cdr with athenes+blue buff so that ap is worth more than your 5% 9 ap at level 1 through 5.

level 6-18 is when mids shine, not 1-6, and you get better burst and waveclear for all those levels.

much much better!

(or use flat mr which is safer)

---

also lux is kinda not great right now (0.6 ratio on her 10s cd e while ziggs has .65 on his 4s cd q is fucking insulting) but you know, yolo queue, everything works.

i actually like rushing damage on her nowadays with like double dorans into deathcap+void staff right up, no athenes.

get an early red trinket and catch people moving between lanes in mid game, play her like some sort of long range assassin.

it's my favorite way to play her these days. her dps is so bad (shitty cooldowns, shitty scaling, shitty passive) she's not really good at teamfights unless you're super fed.

How do you know the champ rotation for next week?
you don't, it's announced on like mondays i think

Load of new world cup skins coming:

Megasplash:
Another fucking Gragas skin. They cannot be serious. Who asked for shitlocks on Alistar too, for that matter? Draven skin is amazing.

In retrospect I'm also ever more appreciative of Riot's "the Olympics doesn't have enough international appeal" excuse when asked why they didn't make new skins for that worldwide sports event.

Lucian came out AFTER Aatrox...

R-riot... You just stabbed a rusty knife through my heart and... How could you do this to me?! >:'(
They're stabbing you in the heart because you like the worst character design in all of League. He makes even Corki look good.

man vayne players really irritate me, this guy goes 4-19 and yet talks smack to me
Vayne players are the prissiest little bitches in the entire community, even by sacred cow ADC standards. Following that, they almost always have the nerve to whine about everyone else when their own poor judgement got themselves killed yet again (worse than Katarinas, Leonas and Ezreals combined), usually coinciding whenever their ult is back up. R might as well be an instant-suicide button.

They're so obnoxious I went out of my way to keep a list with all the names of players that ever played Vayne, given that I usually run into the same people when queueing up for Normal Draft. That way I can ban her whenever I'm given the rights.

4.10 forecast
"The Marksmen patch"

I hate it already. I can't wait for the day where everyone realizes just how awful of a label it is.

EDIT: oh my God. --- "We plan to implement changes that will help these champions reestablish themselves as compelling markspeople to play in the current live game."

If you're interested in Lux, try Xerath and Vel'koz too for similarly poke-y champions. Both quite underrated.

I can't really say I'm a fan of the AD itemisation changes at all really.

I'll go into it more when I have more time, but basically I hope they do compensatory buffs for ratio driven ADCs that aren't super commonplace for various reasons, aka Quinn.

they should really stop forgetting about her at this stage.

dimb

considering most of her power in the ADC role is in the bonus AD ratios on her passive and ult execute, she really is.

but I'm not going to get into an argument with you. I have better things to do on a sunny afternoon.
I mean, her ratios are pretty terrible. Does the scaling matter? Sure, but increased survivability or utility would do more for her. When I think about the carries that would feel the attack damage crunch it's stuff like Caitlyn, Graves, and Draven. Because Quinn's ratios are so low she comes out ahead after changes like this because she's effected by them less than her counterparts.

Tizoc

Just read the Bloodthirster change and I think it sounds interesting too.

Looking forward to seeing how less annoying Nidalee might be now.

I mean, her ratios are pretty terrible. Does the scaling matter? Sure, but increased survivability or utility would do more for her. When I think about the carries that would feel the attack damage crunch it's stuff like Caitlyn, Graves, and Draven. Because Quinn's ratios are so low she comes out ahead after changes like this because she's effected by them less than her counterparts.

her ratios are low, aye, but she's got 4 ratios which all scale off bonus AD, and due to her low range she doesn't get to stand there auto attacking a lot. Her gameplay revolves around her Passive -> E -> Passive combo, which is effectively a 120% bonus AD combo as well as the base damages. She also gets innate attack speed in her kit which means unless you're going for the more assassin mid build, she has a heavy reliance on building raw AD.

Caitlyn only has 2 AD ratios, one of which being total AD and she scales far better off attack speed due to her long range.

Graves I agree with (although even he only has 1 bonus AD ratio pre-6), and Draven to an extent.

Quinn gets hit super hard by these changes.

Lucian nerfs
Fuck you Obama
Doran's Blade
80 Health --> 70 Health
8 Attack Damage --> 7 Attack Damage
3/5 Life on Hit --> 3% Life Steal
Fuck you aggressive supports
Attack Speed Itemization buffs
Fuck you bruisers
Warden’s Mail and Randuin’s Omen
These items are currently the premier buys for players wishing to itemize against ubiquitous physical damage. While we want to maintain the defensive effectiveness of these items, we feel that they may be too powerful due to their combination of high base stats and unique passives.
Fuck you bruisers
There are light number changes to it - but the numbers aren't finalized. The general gist is that the proc is getting stronger but the active nuke is getting weaker
Fuck you bruisers
The Live team ultimately decided that removing the MS slow from Randuin's was a better call (detailed in their forecast, which I should really duplicate here) - which will give uptime through evasion / kiting.
afdfrkg45k8a.gif

Caitlyn only has 2 AD ratios, one of which being total AD and she scales far better off attack speed due to her long range.
That's not true. First Cait has essentially 3 AD ratios thanks to her passive. And second while attack speed is important, AD is far, far more important because of her sieging potential. Though she scales really well with attack speed, for most of the game you'll be poking away stuff with your auto attacks and catching people with your ult so they have to back.

These changes won't hurt her too much if at all though, because she has always been a fantastic IE carry. It's just that lifesteal and the extra AD are so important in the current state of the game that she can't afford to not get BT, even with her range.

dimb

I don't think range is a predominant factor when it comes to building flat AD versus attack speed, or you'd see the short range carries that run BotRK like Vayne or Twitch. If anything, builds that favor attack speed have greater potential to kite inside a skirmish. Caitlyn's style of harass is better suited to heavy attack damage than attack speed heavy builds, which is why it'd be rare to find her building more than just a Phantom Dancer. Caitlyn has scaling AD built into her passive, her Q, and her ultimate. With Bloodthirster as less of a go to item Caitlyn's playstyle can shift back to picking up an early Infinity Edge, and players will be able to rely less on her abilities to harass and poke.

Quinn's kit isn't as tied to flat attack damage values as other champions, so baking the power of these attack damage items into secondary effects stands to open up bot lane more to her while removing some from the champions that are thriving on Bloodthirster being the only viable item.

Maybe Quinn will somehow get weaker from the changes, but these type of neccesary item overhauls shouldn't really be worrying about supporting broken kits. The idea behind these changes seem healthy on paper. Riot is looking to increase the importance of the AD carry role while opening up more build options than the flat and basic paths that currently exist for marksmen.

Apparently Morello wrote out a thing about balancing recently? Is there a link to that?

I'm always up for a laugh.

It's early in the morning and confused Morello for Ghostcrawler.

Still I'd like to read it.

Speaking of, has he done anything of note since he moved over? Is he working on League or one of Riot's other things?

garath

Varus is sad by the BT changes :(

As a whole I like that they are looking at the marksmen role. I hate stacking BT. It's a race to BT a lot of times. He who gets it first gets it stacked first.

Genja and Ryan Choi redeemed with the stacking Dorans.

dimb

Apparently Morello wrote out a thing about balancing recently? Is there a link to that?

I'm always up for a laugh.

It's early in the morning and confused Morello for Ghostcrawler.

Still I'd like to read it.
Uh, this is the only thing I see:
mJAj1eR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom