• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
srdb4.jpg

hold me

drawkcaB

I don't really like playing Vel, i can't really put my finger on why though.

One time I tried him it felt like his mechanics are there just because with no real sense of flow between abilities. One ability shoots off at a right angle, just 'cause. One spell is a line nuke with a delayed knock up, just 'cause. His ult makes him into a turret, just 'cause. zkylon's Viktor comparison above is apt.

...I said wow.

Tried out the changed build for Ashe (BT-SS-LW-IE) last night in a quick game. Oddly enough, I didn't have the support I normally would expect in bot; we had a Teemo-Ashe pairing versus Thresh-Sivir.

Didn't get as many kills or creep kills as I had before (since SS is super-useful for clearing lanes and I'd previously been building that early) and I didn't get a chance to build out all the way as the enemy team surrendered once we started pushing their inhib turrets. I was just kind of keeping up with Sivir and not really building quicker than she was, which is OK as I wasn't falling behind at all.

On the other hand, I did last a bit longer in some of the 3v1 fights I got sucked into (Teemo and our jungler wandered away to go push mid) and did enough damage that even though I got killed, the 3 enemy champs that jumped me all got quickly wiped when Teemo got back there a few seconds later. So I still got all the assists for those kills.

I think it could work, and the BT change that's coming will be a slight adjustment for me but I think it'll be beneficial to gain the additional shielding. Plus, if they're actually going to scale up attack speed a little better so that I don't have to wait until I get SS to notice a difference or spring for Zeal, then that might be helpful, too.

Nome

Welp, now you guys know what I've been working on for the past... forever!
Hope you guys like it! I'll be scanning this thread for direct feedback periodically.

Ferrio

Banned
Looks way too similiar.... kinda loses it's identity. I mean it's very nice looking, but doesn't look like league to me. I don't like it.

Nome

I like the models but I guess the graphics could be a bit brighter.

Less Dire, more Radiant. Turn the lightness on those greens up
The map is still super in-progress, so a lot of the values and colors may change before we go live (we haven't even done a lighting pass yet!).

drawkcaB

Looks similar to another game.

Dawngate? j/k

Nome said:
Welp, now you guys know what I've been working on for the past... forever! Hope you guys like it! I'll be scanning this thread for direct feedback periodically.

So is that why WolfMan has become the point guy on TT and Dom? Map certainly looks great in the pictures.

garath said:
The champs look tiny on the map :eek:

I think the pictures have a greater-than-normal zoom to show off more of the map.

The map is still super in-progress, so a lot of the values and colors may change before we go live (we haven't even done a lighting pass yet!).

alright time for the hard-hitting questions:

what's the new thing called that's replaced the wight and is it in fact a flan.

(also those animations are super slick, do they change the gameplay of the camps much? i.e. do I have to wait for those to start killing the things?)

Ferrio

Banned

(also those animations are super slick, do they change the gameplay of the camps much? i.e. do I have to wait for those to start killing the things?)

Looked like a toad.

Animations look great, will be super jarring with champion animations.

Awesome. Looking forward to it! I love that the map also has a horizon on it's edges, like the Howling Abyss. Amazing job.

Are we getting new music with the VU as well?

zkylon

zkylewd

mr. toad

Nome

Dawngate? j/k

So is that why WolfMan has become the point guy on TT and Dom? Map certainly looks great in the pictures.
TT and Dom have been more of a passion project for us than a part of our job responsibilities. So yeah, while I've been busy with this project (and on the Clarity team with Rayven, another Gaffer), he's taken over the project. Scarizard (another designer) is working with him as well.

The spawn animations are pre-rolled before the proper spawn times (e.g., Blue is still targetable at 1:55). The big pudding replacing Wight is called "Gromp"... it's a fat frog :)

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm not sure about new minions

there should be female minions i think

edit: no seriously besides really not being too fond of new minions (not that old ones were any better) at a quick glance the map seems to have the same problem as doto map for me. it looks muddy as fuck. it's high quality but not enough contrast, specially in color. want to see more

brian!

baron makes me think of the hydra from dark souls and the area makes me think about how you can just fall through the water and die
also there are plenty of female minions i dunno what you are talking about

Blizzard

Banned
whenever I play solo ranked, I feel like it's a lose lose situation. There's always at least 3 people threatening AFKs when the game starts and when I do somehow manage to win, it's because the other team threw harder than mine.
Yep, and with the changes Riot has been making (jungle XP, healing inhib towers, etc.) I feel, perhaps ignorantly, that it has become harder to snowball, harder to hold a lead, harder to end a game before 30+ minutes, and harder to catch up when behind. This leads to situations where even if you consistently do well early game, it might come down to semi-random odds about which team throws late game. I had a game recently where a Sona did something like this -- didn't ult near her team ("Blitzcrank silenced me"...but isn't Blitzcrank silence only 0.5 seconds? And then she walked...5+ seconds away, and THEN ulted once all teammates were dead or gone?), late game instant inhib/tower/tower/tower/nexus kill, game over.

As for rage and AFKs, as Rex and Newt point out, it still happens in diamond. I imagine it still happens in challenger. It's kind of a disappointing thing that there doesn't seem to be any fix for people's behavior besides muting anyone, no matter what level you are at.

Nome

It definitely looks nice! From the pictures, it looks like it could be a bit too muted colors.
I mentioned previously that we haven't done a lighting pass yet, but we did choose to lower the saturation on the ground plane to let particles and characters stand out more. In fact, all of the recent VUs and champions are being designed around the map's color layouts. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much more readable the game becomes :)

Blizzard

Banned
I mentioned previously that we haven't done a lighting pass yet, but we did choose to lower the saturation on the ground plane to let particles and characters stand out more. In fact, all of the recent VUs and champions are being designed around the map's color layouts. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much more readable the game becomes :)
I am sort of echoing what others have said: Though it looks clean and nice in some sense, it looks very much like a DOTA 2 clone graphically, and specifically it has the very soft/muddy/muted colors that are one of the major things I don't LIKE about DOTA 2 graphically.

Sharper transitions, brighter colors, and so forth might help with a more distinctive League style.

Edwardo

Awesome. I can't wait to see it all together.

zkylon

zkylewd
cool

i just hope the background doesn't end up looking like a blurry blob like in doto

i love new blue buff, gonna miss his old jolliness but he looks so tasty now.

Leezard

Ah, I see. I suppose I will have to see more videos to properly see how it works. :) The saturation definitely does not need to be on current levels.

I guess the important thing is how long are we looking at before it's on PBE, if you can answer that Nome. Is it going to be in the current 4.10 patch cycle (although of course not in the 4.10 patch), or after this cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom