• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

EU LCS Summer Split - Week 3 - Day 1

t1401984000z1.png

Alliance vs Roccat
SK Gaming vs Millenium
Supa Hot Crew vs Fnatic
Copenhagen Wolves vs Gambit Gaming

Please use the LCS thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

Leezard

I dunno. Things.

The confusion was only for which I was laughing at. I'll look around for a Morello post.
You can look at the redtracker at reignofgaming.com, look for threads that mention ghostcrawler in the title. It might be a page or two back, but you should have no problem finding them.
I think there are two relevant threads where ghostcrawler expands and explains the comment.

There we go.

<3

Eh, I should have tempered expectations. Someone overhyped that to me, it's just standard this is what we are aiming for. That's my fault.

Players should fight their opponents, not the game. We strive to present information in a clear and precise way so that League can be about dominating opponents with skill and teamwork &#8211; not through bookkeeping hidden information.

yo show me scaling on skills when i dont have a point to spend

Speaking of, has he done anything of note since he moved over? Is he working on League or one of Riot's other things?
Ghostcrawler is basically just an overseer of general gameplay related things.

He's not specifically responsible for any particular changes, but he does what people think Morello does.

Azulsky

The new Karthus VU is kinda bad. Whats with the massive size of the Q compared to its blast radius, W looks cheap, E is okay looking and R just looks generic.

Really not a fan of how he levitates everywhere and the new zombie look vs skeleton, which I guess was to appease CN censors.

None of the skins are particularly remarkable either.

Annoying.

SZGF

Banned
The new Karthus VU is kinda bad. Whats with the massive size of the Q compared to its blast radius, W looks cheap, E is okay looking and R just looks generic.

Really not a fan of how he levitates everywhere and the new zombie look vs skeleton, which I guess was to appease CN censors.

None of the skins are particularly remarkable either.

Annoying.

AFAIK, the Q more accurately represents how big the blast radius always was. Perhaps you are too used to the old tiny skittle?

I don't see why you would use the word 'annoying' though.

I wouldn't agree with it being bad, but the particle colour is super boring to look at after a while.

Q size is the size of the spell. Just wish that boring green was something better. His old spell colours, while perhaps a little garish, were far more interesting and visually appealing.

I like the VO and the special lines for the Pentakill skin.

Azulsky

The q explosion can obscure the champion you are targetting now. Before it wasnt so obtrusive.

I liked him on the ground and without the zombie look.

I do feel like the wall looks objectively worse now.

garath

Karthus VU is great. The skill color palette is pretty bad though. It gets lost in the map and it's bland. I understand what they are going for and the little effects are neat but it's too subtle for League.

Snowman

Why do you think these changes will impact Ezreal in particular so negatively?

Because ezreal is pretty average already, and nerfing BT only brings him down further, and he doesn't benefit from the attack speed changes much either?

A lot of people in competitive play (especially in korea) have been going for BotRK into tri-force on some adcs though, and I wonder how this patch is gonna effect that

Leezard

Because ezreal is pretty average already, and nerfing BT only brings him down further, and he doesn't benefit from the attack speed changes much either?

A lot of people in competitive play (especially in korea) have been going for BotRK into tri-force on some adcs though, and I wonder how this patch is gonna effect that

People are starting to build BoRK into Tri on Ezreal recently, so I don't think the changes will affect him at all for those keeping up with the recent builds.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

How does he not benefit from attack speed changes with his passive? I think that's one of the biggest reasons BotRK is the emerging build on him. I think Ezreal has a lot to gain from some of these changes.

SZGF

Banned
I believe botrk into tf is an emergent build (lucian and ezreal) in OGN due to the rotation->pick->siege meta that currently exists.

bt+tf is definitely better for sustained damage output, but the botrk allows the to teams make more potent picks each time they rotate with their adc before sieging a tower, rather than botrk being flat out out better than bt

How does he not benefit from attack speed changes with his passive? I think that's one of the biggest reasons BotRK is the emerging build on him. I think Ezreal has a lot to gain from some of these changes.
Exactly. Ez no longer builds BT unless you're using it as a defensive item.

Attack speed changes, BotRK proc buffs, Lucian nerfs, MS debuff gone from Randuins - which affected Ez extra hard because of his Q. These changes will increase his power by a great amount.

I honestly think that Ez will be one of the ADCs that will make the most out of these buffs.

Leezard

I believe botrk into tf is an emergent build (lucian and ezreal) in OGN due to the rotation->pick->siege meta that currently exists.

bt+tf is definitely better for sustained damage output, but the botrk allows the to teams make more potent picks each time they rotate with their adc before sieging a tower, rather than botrk being flat out out better than bt

It's not just in OGN, it's happening in high rank ranked in EU as well. The catching potential is great. You won't easily get away from or outduel an Ez with Bork+Tri.

Snowman

I thought part of the reason that botrk was getting more popular on him was because of the burst though, and they've said they're nerfing the active.

But then again, if they nerf lucian hard enough ezreal will maybe get his place back as the go-to safe adc

whenever I play solo ranked, I feel like it's a lose lose situation. There's always at least 3 people threatening AFKs when the game starts and when I do somehow manage to win, it's because the other team threw harder than mine.

Mothman91

whenever I play solo ranked, I feel like it's a lose lose situation. There's always at least 3 people threatening AFKs when the game starts and when I do somehow manage to win, it's because the other team threw harder than mine.
I have not honestly had a person threaten to afk in a long time, or rather feels like a long time. Maybe I'm lucky.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I have not honestly had a person threaten to afk in a long time, or rather feels like a long time. Maybe I'm lucky.

I feel like Silvers have high AFK rate. Kinda falls off in Gold. And comes back with a vengeance in Plat.

Fracas

#fuckonami

I've seen this fairly often in bronze. When laners are losing they usually start feeding and making it worse while blaming the jungler.

are you talking about blues?

flat ap blues are useless on most mids (tf and lux are good examples of that). think about it, 60% ap ratio on lux e, that's like 6 more damage per spell, it's not gonna do anything for you.

scaling ap blues work much better cos they become useful by the time you need em. they're both 9 ap at level 6, so you're a bit weaker before level 6 but from then on you're stronger.

by level 18 scaling ap are worth about an extra amp tome. by then you have almost perma 40% cdr with athenes+blue buff so that ap is worth more than your 5% 9 ap at level 1 through 5.

level 6-18 is when mids shine, not 1-6, and you get better burst and waveclear for all those levels.

much much better!

(or use flat mr which is safer)

---

also lux is kinda not great right now (0.6 ratio on her 10s cd e while ziggs has .65 on his 4s cd q is fucking insulting) but you know, yolo queue, everything works.

i actually like rushing damage on her nowadays with like double dorans into deathcap+void staff right up, no athenes.

get an early red trinket and catch people moving between lanes in mid game, play her like some sort of long range assassin.

it's my favorite way to play her these days. her dps is so bad (shitty cooldowns, shitty scaling, shitty passive) she's not really good at teamfights unless you're super fed.

you don't, it's announced on like mondays i think

My current AP page is AP Quints, MPen reds, flat MR blus, and Armor yellows. I haven't changed it since S3, hence the armor. Compare that to Pobelter's which is AP Quints, MPen reds, scaling health yellows, and scaling AP blues. I guess it was just faker that runs the MSpd. Idk if I could get by without the MR, that's the thing. I prefer to go into morello's over chalice on TF unless I'm against a super tough matchup.

If you're interested in Lux, try Xerath and Vel'koz too for similarly poke-y champions. Both quite underrated.

I've had the xerath itch for quite some time now, but I've always spent my IP on something else. I'll save up for him.

I feel like Silvers have high AFK rate. Kinda falls off in Gold. And comes back with a vengeance in Plat.
It's all the same shit, it's just you percieve it differently based on how unlucky you were.

I hade more ragers in gold than I had in low Silver. It's all hell.

All hell.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ez+Taric is better, you know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge.
nah, taric just walks up to anyone and gets his business done. Bruam is all about participation, he'll get you to stand behind him and make sure everyone has an enjoyable laning experience.

Mothman91

Yeah, you probably right.

Also, had a guy picked twice in a row in my ranked games. Both times he let that one champion who's a regular ban through(Jax first game who just snowballed. Also he was Kass against a Fidd at middle, me and top lane were approaching 150 cs while he was getting close to 90. Don't know how a Fidd out csed him at mid. Second game, he let Braum through, and although he still got nerfed, dude can still soak up a ton a fucking damage).

zkylon

zkylewd
My current AP page is AP Quints, MPen reds, flat MR blus, and Armor yellows. I haven't changed it since S3, hence the armor. Compare that to Pobelter's which is AP Quints, MPen reds, scaling health yellows, and scaling AP blues. I guess it was just faker that runs the MSpd. Idk if I could get by without the MR, that's the thing. I prefer to go into morello's over chalice on TF unless I'm against a super tough matchup.
tbh your runepage will do you ok and you don't really have to change it

i'm nowadays mostly doing flat ap quints mpen reds hp/lvl yellows flat mr blues. i like to do ap/lvl on lvl 6 mids like lux (also she needs all the ap she can get to waveclear half-decently), ahri or syndra. on like ori i run more defensive stuff like flat mr+hp/lvl

early game matters shit since i'm always running heal now and i just play passive and wait until someone else carries me (playing second support to adc so fun thanks rito for all your "anti-snowball" changes!) so scaling runes are pretty good

movement speed quints i guess are to synergize with like flash+ghost that people are running on tf lately. i bet he's doing like mr and athenes on that build tho, since no barrier/heal makes you very weak in lane. i don't think it'll change your play all that much and i wouldn't spend the ip on them tbh

I've had the xerath itch for quite some time now, but I've always spent my IP on something else. I'll save up for him.
xerath is basically lux 2.0

better poke and better dps in teamfight, tho not as much like combo burst (which doesn't matter in this meta anyways)

i don't find him all that fun tho, better than ziggs but still pretty boring

edit: velkoz is super fun but to me feels like a pretty poorly designed champion. he doesn't feel like he can ever be competitive cos his entire kit is just so weird, kinda like viktor. but like i've played against a diamond velkoz that rekked my shit at like level 4 when i was playing lebonk so his skillfloor might be is pretty high and the reward may be worth it if you want to put in the time. at least he's fun, unlike fucking ziggs

Fracas

#fuckonami
I like Xerath but he's kind of like Vel'Koz in that he relies on great positioning and all his abilities are skillshots. You've got to put time in with him or you're gonna be useless.

His ult is probably one of my all time favorites though.

Kenai

well xerath's basic abilities are all pretty easy to land. feels like his biggest problem is landing a decent ult

His ult is pretty trolly during sieges and cleanup, I really like it, Hard to use til one gets used to it though.

And I never knew Triumphant Ryze was from winning official tounraments. I guess that does make it pretty different from a Championship/Victorious skin, I can't think of a good AP mid for it this season though. Maybe Orianna? Ziggs has a lot of skins and two pretty recent ones.

I don't really like playing Vel, i can't really put my finger on why though. But from what I've played of xerath his skills do seem pretty easy to hit. It's just getting used to the slight delay on his Q that's a little annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom