• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Dat SR. Colors look a little muted but besides that it looks really good.

Nome

I guess the important thing is how long are we looking at before it's on PBE, if you can answer that Nome. Is it going to be in the current 4.10 patch cycle (although of course not in the 4.10 patch), or after this cycle?
Soon? Haha.
This is one of those moments where we're busting our asses to make sure it hits as soon as possible, but obviously there's no guarantees. I think more important is how long it's going to be because it goes live--and the answer to that is "when it's ready".

I guess the important thing is how long are we looking at before it's on PBE, if you can answer that Nome. Is it going to be in the current 4.10 patch cycle (although of course not in the 4.10 patch), or after this cycle?
From the site, it seems like it's already getting deployed, but though it'll be open for testing it's not meant for this particular patch cycle.

Sort of like Team Builder was on PBE?

Soon? Haha.
This is one of those moments where we're busting our asses to make sure it hits as soon as possible, but obviously there's no guarantees. I think more important is how long it's going to be because it goes live--and the answer to that is "when it's ready".

cool. well I can't wait to try it.

but please make it earlier than 2AM my time when you do I need to sleep these PBE patches kill me

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I mentioned previously that we haven't done a lighting pass yet, but we did choose to lower the saturation on the ground plane to let particles and characters stand out more. In fact, all of the recent VUs and champions are being designed around the map's color layouts. You'll be pleasantly surprised how much more readable the game becomes :)
well you better push through an urgot VU then or i'm going to have an ugly time in top lane.

Snowman

So this is probably gonna be released for real between seasons right? So like November or something? I don't wanna have to wait that long :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Did Dustin Browder get hired by Riot? So many more rocks.

holy shit that SR VU

whooooaaaaaaaa

edit: just watched the video, everything looks INCREDIBLE. I was considering building a gaming rig before this, but now I DEFINITELY want to to make sure I can run this shit at max settings. League actually looks good now!

also just played my first ranked game as TF. Started out 8-1-1. Me and my team's jayce were the only people on our team to get kills. We both had like 12 by the end of the game. We lost. Idk how much I could have done to carry, our botlane just kept dying to vayne. I ganked bot when I could, got a couple of doubles off of them. our support grag kept missing ults. Bummer that it dropped me down to S3.

Those jungle animations are nice and all but they're a little distracting, especially the dragon. I wonder if they do that only when they spawn or when you gain vision of them/get close to them.
It's only when they spawn. Look at the video when Garen goes near the frog camp, the Blue Golem is already there.

zkylon

zkylewd
nome, srs question time

is the whole blue side advantage thing being addressed by the vu?

to be honest while pretty graphics are awesome that's prolly the one thing that matters most

ty

i love you

you gave me new blue buff

Nome

nome, srs question time

is the whole blue side advantage thing being addressed by the vu?

to be honest while pretty graphics are awesome that's prolly the one thing that matters most

ty

i love you

you gave me new blue buff
Not directly, no. There are some very minor camera changes that should help a bit, but it wasn't the focus of this update.

SR with VU will probably takes it toll on my old laptop. I have another gaming laptop coming in. Other one was defective.
We'll see! Performance is a big point for us.

Those jungle animations are nice and all but they're a little distracting, especially the dragon. I wonder if they do that only when they spawn or when you gain vision of them/get close to them.

I think it's just their respawn. My thinking is that the animation will start prior to when the monster actually spawns, and the first moment it's attackable is the time it would have "respawned" on the current rift.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not directly, no. There are some very minor camera changes that should help a bit, but it wasn't the focus of this update.
hmm, i guess not directly means that at least this helps set things in place for whenever a fix for that is actually deployed?

like, visual quality and the map unbalance are totally unrelated issues i know but i think the community at large is expecting that both things are gonna get sorted out at the same time and if not that prolly the map unbalance thing should take priority (which again being unrelated issues it's not really valid but you know, community expectations)

i still don't understand how the unbalance thing works, it's either a balance thing (baron entrance + safer blue buff being more important than dragon entrance?) or a camera thing, and i'm guessing it's not a camera thing since it's not an issue in doto?

so confusing

On an unrelated note, the new Draven skin's lines are fantastic

HAHA SHOULD HAVE BANNED DRAVEN

CHECK OUT THESE ROTATIONS
omg that's hilarious

WORTH

Ferrio

Banned
i still don't understand how the unbalance thing works, it's either a balance thing (baron entrance + safer blue buff being more important than dragon entrance?) or a camera thing, and i'm guessing it's not a camera thing since it's not an issue in doto?

It's the camera angle. Blue can see farther due to it. It's negated for the most part if you play unlocked (which you should be anyways).

dave is ok

aztek is ok

so confusing
Dota 2 has three dimensions. League has two and a half.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's the camera angle. Blue can see farther due to it.

but it's not an issue with doto rite?

and like here's a doto pic (sorry)

Dota-2-3.jpg

it's still obscuring the lower part with ui and camera angle doesn't look less steep?

i mean i guess league could add a shitty bar at the top to compensate like doto?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The visual update looks really cool. The new dragon and baron abilities seem like they'd help make fights inside of those areas more interesting.

what does this mean

is height asymmetric in doto to benefit purple side?
Doesn't height have gameplay ramifications in Dota? Like putting a ward below a hill does not give you vision on top of it, while on League does, or something like that?

The new dragon and baron abilities seem like they'd help make fights inside of those areas more interesting.
Think of all the spectacular Baron throws!

Ferrio

Banned
what does this mean

is height asymmetric in doto to benefit purple side?

Dota there's actual height to terrain. So if you stand on high ground your shots go farther, if you're on low ground they can actually hit terrain. Vision is also imparied due to it. Someone can go up a flight of stairs and you'll lose sight of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom