• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

no need to do any fancy 180° shit, just tilt it so that it helps purple side a bit. not even 5% BETTER, just like 2% or something. it can't be THAT bad in "experience" and it could be potentially amazing for the game

I'd rather go the TT/Dom route and have the map played left-right but that'll never happen because the corners would look ugly as balls (although the VU seemed like as good a time as any to take a look into that)

It's happening right now.

so how did you come to whatever conclusion you did?

The game's nowhere near as snowbally as it used to be.

In fact, the top team in Europe right now is a team that tends to be below average in lanes but wins through superior team fights and map rotations, and with lane swaps the game is far more about mid game than early game.

Watch the Korean games. Everything is about map rotations and tactics.

Your appraisal of the current meta is simply incorrect.

zkylon

zkylewd
It is, especially when you consider locked-camera players, which are most impacted.
hmm then i'm confused as to why can't it all be solved with a camera fix in the sr vu :/

Because Summoner's Rift's assets are made to be seen only in the current camera angle.

Changing the camera would mean having to redo everything.
they're already redoing everything on the vu dood :/

hmm then i'm confused as to why can't it all be solved with a camera fix in the sr vu :/
Because Summoner's Rift's assets are made to be seen only in the current camera angle.

Changing the camera would mean having to redo everything so they could be seen isometricaly.

they're already redoing everything on the vu dood :/
Ah, you mean for the current VU. Probably because it would've taken far, far longer for this? I assume this has been in works for a long, long time.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i know, just saying what i guess everyone's thinking/hoping/expecting

i don't really start up games on purple saying "oh fuck imma lose" but i def feel like my chances are lower even if i've always played with an unlocked camera what with my obsession with skillshot champions and stuff

drawkcaB

Even though the Blue/Purple side issues are camera angle related, it still would be really nice to be able to swap the HUD top/bottom just to get that extra bit of screen space on purple side.

yea i know, just saying what i guess everyone's thinking/hoping/expecting

i don't really start up games on purple saying "oh fuck imma lose" but i def feel like my chances are lower even if i've always played with an unlocked camera what with my obsession with skillshot champions and stuff
All I can think of in purple side is "thank God for no back ganks"

We’re continually working towards improving the quality of ranked play. Beginning with patch 4.10, we’re introducing a new restriction for ranked duo queues so players will only be able to duo queue with teammates ranked between one full tier above or below them. For example, if you are Silver, you’ll be able to duo with players ranked Bronze to Gold.
8A65czr.gif

Fuck you plat players bringing bronze players into my games

Fuck all of you

zkylon

zkylewd
it's hard to say about the ranked change, i'm not 100% convinced

like i welcome anything riot can do to track down and destroy all the people that make ranked what it is, but i dunno, it doesn't feel right if it's not using mmr

so how did you come to whatever conclusion you did?

The game's nowhere near as snowbally as it used to be.

In fact, the top team in Europe right now is a team that tends to be below average in lanes but wins through superior team fights and map rotations, and with lane swaps the game is far more about mid game than early game.

Watch the Korean games. Everything is about map rotations and tactics.

Your appraisal of the current meta is simply incorrect.
It's relative. Compared to dota it could be more snowbally. Even if it's less than it used to be, it could still be snowbally, and compounding the issue of the map vision.

Snowballing as a term has a bad rap. If you have an advantage you should be able to use it and get more ahead. If it always hinged on a team fight we'd just play fighting games.

it's hard to say about the ranked change, i'm not 100% convinced

like i welcome anything riot can do to track down and destroy all the people that make ranked what it is, but i dunno, it doesn't feel right if it's not using mmr
MMR is abusable, or at least was. And it isn't that important anymore now that people can fall divisions.

MMR is also hidden, so using it for duos would force Riot to show it, which is something they obviously refuse.

SZGF

Banned
Why does it make sense to discuss normal winrates and professional games at the same time in regards to the camera angle...?

The higher winrates of blue is symptomatic of something in solo queue yes, but in pro play, the fact that a team that has a choice of side often picks red shows that the 'camera angle' is much less of a factor than other side concerns.

And to see the dota players disagree on how snowbally league is and at the same time Haly saying that winning is purely numerical superiority doing yourself a huge intellectual disservice when you admit ignorance of the game.

drawkcaB

I hope this change doesn't encourage smurfing. I mean, it will, but I hope it's pretty rare.

SZGF said:
Why does it make sense to discuss normal winrates and professional games at the same time in regards to the camera angle...?

The higher winrates of blue is symptomatic of something in solo queue yes, but in pro play, the fact that a team that has a choice of side often picks red shows that the 'camera angle' is much less of a factor than other side concerns.

I haven't paid attention to the competitive scene since Worlds, but unless there's been a dramatic change Blue/Purple win/loss ratios were even more lopsided than in solo queue.

brian!

Code:
[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ibqKzs7L3vkHaV.png[/IMG]

could this be avatar sized its hilarious
like i am rdy to solve this professor layton puzzle

i think duo is fine i just dunno why it's mixed with solo

SZGF

Banned
I hope this change doesn't encourage smurfing. I mean, it will, but I hope it's pretty rare.

I haven't paid attention to the competitive scene since Worlds, but unless there's been a dramatic change Blue/Purple win/loss ratios were even more lopsided than in solo queue.

Win rates may seem lopsided if you view small sample spaces for any side

The fact that teams are willing to pick red side should speak enough of what they consider as factors for competitive play.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
oh

my

god

(source please?)
the new ability stuff is in the dev blog:
First, we added additional gameplay mechanics to Dragon and Baron Nashor to make fighting these monsters feel truly epic, while providing additional opportunities for predictability, optimization and emergent gameplay. The new version of Dragon has two unique area of effect attacks (a line attack much like Viktor’s E and a larger AOE explosion), and Baron has a host of abilities that aim to deliver much more of a boss-battle experience.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/features/dev-blog-updating-summoners-rift

Do you build her with flat AD?

no, a lot of raw AP and magic pen.

Her new gameplay loop is really fun and far more interactive than before.

Although despite the big round of nerfs she got today, she's still super strong.

That 700 range pounce on Hunted targets is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom