• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ardent Censer's 25% AS to up to 4 teammates is unbelievably broken.

I don't know how Riot can't see the obvious abuse cases staring them in the face with these items (see Targon's).

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
They took it off Sivir ult for a reason lol.

Snowman

i knew ezreal would need something going for him in this new adc patch, that essence reaver item sounds practically tailor-made for him

zkylon

zkylewd
I7hXSGg.png

victorious karma idea

pretty cool even if it needs work the palette seems to suit her

want

I feel like people just don't know how to play against TF you guys

I'm just walking up and gold carding them and killing them and they just keep fighting me

I just laned against a soraka who didn't buy chalice until I had already killed her four times

what are these people doooinngggg

TF is a weak laner, especially when considering the most played midlane champions in the current patch are all huge lane bullies. He gets underestimated because of this and causes players to get Sudden Instantaneous Dumbass Syndrome, making players play 50% worse due to their preconceptions about the lane.

I feel like people just don't know how to play against TF you guys

I'm just walking up and gold carding them and killing them and they just keep fighting me

I just laned against a soraka who didn't buy chalice until I had already killed her four times

what are these people doooinngggg

Keep moving up the ladder, you'll eventually go against a Diana that rapes your soul

zkylon

zkylewd
they updated the 4.10 item thing with some more changes

like nerfing athenes magic resist

i don't know what the fuck is riot doing

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Good, I really hated Athenes.

CDR, mana regen, ability power, AND MAGIC RESIST in one item. A item that let you spam spells while preventing you from getting burst down, mid lane got a lot dumber because of it.

SZGF

Banned
Good, I really hated Athenes.

CDR, mana regen, ability power, AND MAGIC RESIST in one item. A item that let you spam spells while preventing you from getting burst down, mid lane got a lot dumber because of it.

If you hit them with your charm first you'll increase your damage output

Jeff-DSA

yea, i bet everyone will play more aggressive now!

Look at how many deaths from over aggression we're already getting. Bronze will be nothing but people staring at death timers.

oRmfhn7.png

I just finished this match. I was imploring my team to stop running into yolo engages. They fed up Heimerdinger with 5 kills before I had even taken one or any turrets had fallen. It made laning so hard to do, but I played safe and eventually caught up. Sucks when your jungler dies three times trying to gank, your top laner roams down and dies at the turret, and then your ADC inexplicably comes and does the same. Heimer was 2 full levels up on me at one point.

But yeah, people are WAY too aggressive after their first full item already. It's going to get ugly.

Ferga

Zhonya's never made sense to me

Why do you need a large rod for it?

Makes more sense if it was armguard+giants belt or armguard+haunting guise

It's a survivability item. I feel like it shouldn't be built as a second major item for ap carries. Should be giving up damage for such a strong passive.

zkylon

zkylewd
Zhonya's never made sense to me

Why do you need a large rod for it?

Makes more sense if it was armguard+giants belt or armguard+haunting guise

It's a survivability item. I feel like it shouldn't be built as a second major item for ap carries. Should be giving up damage for such a strong passive.
yeah, it's weird, but i guess they don't want adcs and tanks running around with zhonyas

also if they remove the ap from zhonyas we now have mids in the same position as adcs with very little offensive and defensive mid game options

SZGF

Banned
Speaking of haunting guise, I think it should have a tank ap upgrade, rather than some weird tank buster passive

zkylon

zkylewd
just saying, it's a non-gold efficient item without the mpen which imo isn't a great stat on tanks anyways

i think they should do another seekers item that gives health and maybe buff abyssal a bit

Blizzard

Banned
I want to play on a ranked team to get the ward skin. :(

I also want to trick someone into duo queueing with me at some point, just to see what it feels like.

Ferrio

Banned
just saying, it's a non-gold efficient item without the mpen which imo isn't a great stat on tanks anyways

i think they should do another seekers item that gives health and maybe buff abyssal a bit

I don't see why you don't think it's a good stat on ap tanks/bruisers.

Only reason it sucks now as a stat for them is it's not on any tanky items.

Give guise a path with a giants belt or a wardens mail or something.

Would be good for tanks with bad/no ap scaling but do magic damage.

SZGF

Banned
i dunno, what are tanks gonna do with all that mpen?

Well firstly, it's designed for AP bruisers who would make good use of it.

And secondly, tanks do infact feature decent base magic damage (with bad scaling so they must either go tank or support) + some even have % max hp damage.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't see why you don't think it's a good stat on ap tanks/bruisers.

Only reason it sucks now as a stat for them is it's not on any tanky items.

Give guise a path with a giants belt or a wardens mail or something.

well tanks don't generally have amazing base damages or anything and usually have like shields and stuff that would like the ap but not so much the mpen

also i may be forgetting something but i don't know if there are any great ad bruiser items either, really.

like renekton or whatever is like a hydra or a brutalizer into tank stuff. ap champions just don't really work off a single damage item like that, at least not right now.

Well firstly, it's designed for AP bruisers who would make good use of it.

And secondly, tanks do infact feature decent base magic damage (with bad scaling so they must either go tank or support) + some even have % max hp damage.
yup, % damage dealers would make use of it but then why not just rework liandrys or something?

edit: btw for the sake of discussion, which champions are you guys thinking as ap bruisers?

SZGF

Banned
well tanks don't generally have amazing base damages or anything and usually have like shields and stuff that would like the ap but not so much the mpen

also i may be forgetting something but i don't know if there are any great ad bruiser items either, really.

like renekton or whatever is like a hydra or a brutalizer into tank stuff. ap champions just don't really work off a single damage item like that, at least not right now.

yup, % damage dealers would make use of it but then why not just rework liandrys or something?

edit: btw for the sake of discussion, which champions are you guys thinking as ap bruisers?

well tanks don't generally have amazing base damages
This is wrong. tanks generally have higher than average base damages to offset their longer than average cooldowns and to make up for their shitty scaling.

There's no need to rework liandry's when it has a niche already (DOT class item)

AP bruisers - short-ranged mages that have decent sustained damage (due to good bases or spell mechanics). Generally they have some kind of survivability mechanic to offset their riskier position. E.G - Gragas, Diana, Swain, singed new Nidalee.
This class usually enjoys resistances in order to magnify their survival mechanics (hp gain, shields).

drawkcaB

Abyssal into hourglass? Ryze is strong enough already!

Despite getting tanky, Ryze is still a mage at the end of the day. Abyssal and Hourglass can make a mage more durable, but it doesn't make them into bruisers...more like AP fighters, if anything.

The big issue, as I see it, is that AP bruisers can't pick up a straight damage item or two and go full tank in the remaining slots unless there's something specific in their kit, namely a long duration DoT (Singed, Amumu) or a way to apply magic damage w/o active abilities. AD bruisers like Renekton and friends can pick up something like Hydra + Black Cleaver and that's all they need because those items won't just improve abilities, it also increases AA damage. AD bruisers get to "double dip" their damage stats in way most AP tanks/bruisers can't.

Ferrio more or less hit the nail on the head. AP itemization is centered around mages. Rylai's isn't great on most tanks because most of their abilities are AoE. WotA isn't too hot for the same reason, among others. Most tanks don't need ~650 mana come late game so RoA isn't that great. Hourglass' active isn't as useful on a champion who needs to keep up the pressure on squishies.

It's a bit frustrating to see mid-tier items like armguard and haunting guise - which are good AP bruiser items - have single paths to mage-centric items. It's also frustrating to see items like Ohmwrecker, which could be a suitable AP bruiser item, languish because Riot doesn't want to make them into proper Legendary tier items.

zkylon said:

I'm probably thinking of something different than most. There's two cases for me: A.) champions who have interesting kits but itemization is a big reason they're never seen as solo laners (e.g. Maokai) and B.) current viable solo laners who don't have the enough itemization paths to go deeper into damage builds and are forced into nearly pure tank builds (e.g. Gragas, Zac, Cho'Gath, all in top lane). For me, it's about Riot fulfilling one of their design goals - that itemization should be about choice. The majority of AP tanks/bruisers are presented a false choice, IMO. It's either build straight tank (which works) or build some mixed AP/defensive items to contribute some damage (which mostly does not).

zkylon

zkylewd
This is wrong. tanks generally have higher than average base damages to offset their longer than average cooldowns and to make up for their shitty scaling.

There's no need to rework liandry's when it has a niche already (DOT class item)

AP bruisers - short-ranged mages that have decent sustained damage (due to good bases or spell mechanics). Generally they have some kind of survivability mechanic to offset their riskier position. E.G - Gragas, Diana, Swain, new Nidalee.
This class usually enjoys resistances in order to magnify their survival mechanics (hp gain, shields).
higher than average is not amazing, they have good sustain damage but they're no renekton or lee sin. they can't buy a single damage item and still wreck havok and i imagine having some more mpen won't fix that

my problem with ap bruisers is that they're a weird ass class that needs to be actually defined. the ones you listed are all over the place, swain is like a weird dot drain tank thingie (that builds a lot of damage mind you), grago is now a utility/damage/tank support, diana's an assassin, sorta, (like drawkcab said, abyss+zhonyas an ap bruiser does not make) and new nidalee isn't even out. ed: this is not a jab at you mind you, i came up with about the same as you did when i tried to think about em.

i'm not a big fan of the class, it doesn't seem to work the way ad bruisers work (and everyone loves those guys, right? hmm....) and knowing what monsters can come out of the mix of tankiness and ap (ryze) i'm not excited to see that class come to fruition

i think just giving ap tanks a few more damage oriented options should be enough to make them feel more menacing without introducing even more renektons into the world T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom