• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

SZGF

Banned
When SR VU comes out, I'm only going to play champions that have terrible terrible models for a few days, just for kicks.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=47564008#47564008

It doesn't mean that we will not get a solution ever, but yes it does mean that there are no backfacing polygons.

basically, no camera rotation in basically ever then.

i appreciate the performance increase for like my brother who can barely play arams (tho i don't totally get it, backface culling was invented for a reason, but i guess whole model's still being loaded in memory even tho it's not being drawn?) but as someone that plays at a steady 60 it's kinda sad to have all them hopes of like free camera being shot down

i wanted to believe we'd some day get that doto mode that lets you see your character up close lol

I fucking LOVE the art direction on the new SR. Love it.

Can't wait.

If they can kick the VU for champs into overdrive, we'll have a much better game by next year.

Yeah, I'd rather they focus on VUs, reworks and rebalancing.

A little less nerfing of OP champs, and more of buffing UP champs.

New champs are unnecessary if they're never viable (or too viable) competitively.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I don't like the new VU, now I can't tell DOTA2 and LOL screenshots apart without looking carefully at the UI.

Red buff is no longer a lizard omfg rage quit.
New baron won't look good with santa hat, gg uninstall.

Yeah, I'd rather they focus on VUs, reworks and rebalancing.

A little less nerfing of OP champs, and more of buffing UP champs.

New champs are unnecessary if they're never viable (or too viable) competitively.

My problem with the new champs is they are often OP and do very little to change the meta at all, other than to make older champs useless.

SZGF

Banned
I don't like the new VU, now I can't tell DOTA2 and LOL screenshots apart without looking carefully at the UI.

Red buff is no longer a lizard omfg rage quit.
New baron won't look good with santa hat, gg uninstall.
DotA2:
wolves.jpg

New SR VU:
R0W2QLl.jpg

You really can't tell?

Ferga

Time to get demoted Newt. Bye bye zyra/nami supports.

That or you'll need to be ready for that god flash-flay-in-the-wrong-direction
(lag)
thresh

SZGF

Banned
Some things ppl may not be aware of for SR VU:

- implied camera angle changes (rotation, slight zoom out? "focal length similiar to HA")
- new minimap
- dragon shoots a line of fire and a larger aoe explosion in addition to his current auto attack.
- baron will feel like an epic boss battle (new attacks)
- towers will crumble
- wraith camp = razorbeaks, double golems = krugs

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Time to get demoted Newt. Bye bye zyra/nami supports.

That or you'll need to be ready for that god flash-flay-in-the-wrong-direction
(lag)
thresh

Pls no.

I'm getting pretty good at TF i think

the yasuo who was my lane matchup also had a high noon skin so we were basically cowboy roleplaying the whole game

also my lee camped for me and we killed him like four times in the first 7 minutes. never said I was an honorable cowboy.

Well that's the way they've been buffing/nerfing top lane.
I'm surprised that with with as big and relatively talented as Riot is, they wouldn't have developed some software to help them balance the game a bit easier. I remember back when Halo 2 launched, Bungie talked about how they used the pathing data from the movements of players to better design maps to balance out usable areas and traffic. Not the same kind of situation, but the point remains. It mostly feels like they balance purely on reaction, trial and error.

Edwardo

I was thinking i'd play a lil on the pbe tonight, but now I forget my password and everytime I do a forgot my password thing it send me the email for forgotten username.. LAME.

cowboy roleplaying eh?

sounds raunchy

Why'd you use a Zooey gif in that thread? I thought you said you were done with her.

SZGF

Banned
4.10 ITEMISATION CHANGES

http://community.pbe.leagueoflegend...attack-speed-wardens-mail-support-itemization

- huge buff to merc scimitar
- decent buff to IE (maybe it will replace BT as the go to first AD item)
- ~3% nerf on all life steal items
- seems like a small nerf to BT, hp shield scales nonlinearly from 50 to 410
- mikaels is a lot more expensive, offers large mp5 + 10% cdr
- randiuns AS% slow to 10%, MS% slow gone (it was annoying anyway) (rise, ADC)

(NEW) Essence Reaver
RECIPE: Vampiric Scepter + Pickaxe + 950 Gold = 2650 Total Gold Cost
Attack Damage: 50
Life Steal: 10%
Cooldown Reduction: 10%
UNIQUE Passive: You gain 2 to 8% of the damage dealt by basic attacks as Mana. Mana drain increases based on how much Mana you are missing.

- designed for caster carries but I can see this pretty amazing on cdr based bruisers. Carries just cant give up the slot efficiency for a decent mid game item in LoL

(NEW) Ardent Censer
Recipe: Forbidden Idol + Aether Wisp + 400 G = 1950 Total Cost
30 Ability Power
10 Mana Regeneration per 5 seconds
10% Cooldown Reduction
8% Movement Speed
Unique Passive: Whenever you heal or shield another champion, they gain 25% Attack Speed for 6 seconds.

- seems amazing.

Essence Reaver new first item for Jayce?

It's like it was designed for him, but 2%-8% seems a rather low mana conversion. @ 150dmg, you're only getting 3-12 mana back per auto. Early game that's more like 3-5 mana per. I suppose a free spell cast every 10-15 autos isn't too bad. And he still wants cooldown reduction and he still wants lifesteal.

zkylon

zkylewd
hmm

mikael changes i don't really like. i almost feel like you might see midlaners build this now instead of athenes or something but that might be me just hating this meta and being paranoid. you get 10% cdr for about 1k more gold, sona will like that but sona would like better to just build mikaels and a giant belt and not get bursted in a split second

ardent thingie is interesting, seems really cool on sona since her heal's pretty spammy. also pretty cool on nami and karma and ofc thresh. still i don't see at what point will you be buying this when you could be buying mikaels that actually helps your team a lot more meaningfully or any of the support items and sighstone. it's a cool bundle of stats but if you build it third the mana regen's wasted and 30 ap is nothing. i dunno, this doesn't do much for me tbh

also

...Yeah, we'll probably have to nerf Heal. Stop looking at me like that.

no fucking shit :/

drawkcaB

Essence Reaver new first item for Jayce?

It's like it was designed for him, but 2%-8% seems a rather low mana conversion. @ 150dmg, you're only getting 3-12 mana back per auto. Early game that's more like 3-5 mana per. I suppose a free spell cast every 10-15 autos isn't too bad. And he still wants cooldown reduction and he still wants lifesteal.

Seems like a worthwhile pick-up if you going deep into a poke based build thanks to the added CDR.

Ardent Censer doesn't make thematic sense either. Why should defensive sustain be rewarded with an offensive boost? It's what made Heal problematic in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom