• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I don't really see any adc buying that item since it's a mid tier item. They're going to be gimped once slot efficiency starts to matter. CDR is kinda meh on adcs as well.

The thing that bugs me most is its price, it just seems you would be better off making the usual AD items items instead.

Never really liked it on Syndra. Imo the mana regen isn't needed as much on her because if played right you can kill the opponent before you even get down to less than half mana.
You get it for the CDR and better harass trades. The mana is just an extra - and it really helps later on when you need to spend a lot of mana between fights and sieging.

Though with Athene's nerfed, Morello's might start being the superior option.

Leezard

Yeah. ADCs will want to min-max and this will gimp that. Maybe Talon would use this instead as a sort of AD Athene's? I dunno

The thing that bugs me most is its price, it just seems you would be better off making the usual AD items items instead.

I can see someone like Talon, Panth or maybe Jayce get it. Jayce will have to get it instead of a Muramana though, so he will lose out on damage later. Actually, Jarvan might like the item if he goes top lane. He likes the stats, and he can make do with using mid tier items. It can indeed become a decent sustain option on Jarvan.

SZGF

Banned
That Ardent Censer passive will have to have a nerf. You guys already mentioned about things like a four man Thresh shield. What scares me more is that it offers six seconds of attack speed buff.

Sona's W is a 7 second cool down. Everyone to have all the attack speed, all the time. Not that I would be upset about being able to use more waifu. Still, passive would probably need a cool down or a limit to how many people it would work on. I mean Thresh need more utility, right?

Bit late, but liking the new VU for the rift. Daft as it sounds though, I wonder if it will be a bit more taxing on PCs. League is so popular I bet a lot of people play it on, to coin a phrase, shitboxes. Not sure how happy they would be if the system requirements went up - though I suppose lots of options to tone down the detail.

I thought this would be a nice item on Nami/Karma for extra utility, but then I realised Thresh will gain the most from this item. At least he will have to give up a lantern CD for a while if he wants to use it I guess.

Then again, will this item work with Locket? If so, there's an interesting item combo.

The new Mikaels will be great on mana hungry supports such as Zyra and Nami though.

True, I was thinking more in lane where after a point ADC gets a 25% AS buff most of the time, and certainly when needed. Ganks would benefit as well. Trying to think of other supports it would be really good on, Lux if anyone used her as support and Karma and her empowered shield.

Oh man, new BotRK proc plus this new support passive sounds like good times.

Basically, remove thresh's shield. The lantern is OP as fuck already anyway.

Mothman91

Oh wow, lots of new information popped up last night huh. Been busy because I'm going to Turkey tonight, so I won't be on after today for a week, but I'll try to keep up with the community if I can find some wifi around.

Mothman91

Have fun!

Business or pleasure?

Yup, I shall.

All pleasure, my sisters wedding. Just hope I don't get caught up in family because family tends to like stick around and waste time. I got to see as much as I can because I don't know when I'll go back.

Edit: How about Darius for the mana sustain item?

Getting back to the game after a long hiatus. I was worried I lost my play. Jungled as last pick. Every single one of our lane got thrashed even without the help of enemy jungler. Most ganks I did resulted in kills/assists, but my laners were getting really outplayed. =( On the bright side I guess I haven't really lost much of my play.

garath

Does Darius even have mana problems? His mana costs felt negligible when I played him and if anything Flask would do the trick.

Early game Darius has mana issues if you are harassing/farming with Q but you're right. Flask largely takes care of those issues. Maybe 1-2 mana pots early game as well. But that's it. He doesn't have late game mana issues.

Mothman91

Early game Darius has mana issues if you are harassing/farming with Q but you're right. Flask largely takes care of those issues. Maybe 1-2 mana pots early game as well. But that's it. He doesn't have late game mana issues.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking of. I don't play Darius at all, but I've seen some mana issues in the beginning with him. I guess it eases out when the game progresses.

Edwardo

Yup, I shall.

All pleasure, my sisters wedding. Just hope I don't get caught up in family because family tends to like stick around and waste time. I got to see as much as I can because I don't know when I'll go back.

Edit: How about Darius for the mana sustain item?

Sweet. Weddings are the best.

Blizzard

Banned
I may be slowly learning how to play Rengar. After some 20+ ranked games, I am starting to climb above 40% win rate.

I fed one game, but the next game an enemy Twitch was complaining that "no champion should be able to do 1300 damage in 2 seconds".

#notallchampions

I may be slowly learning how to play Rengar. After some 20+ ranked games, I am starting to climb above 40% win rate.

I fed one game, but the next game an enemy Twitch was complaining that "no champion should be able to do 1300 damage in 2 seconds".

#notallchampions

Wait until the ADC does the bottom lane farm by himself at ~30

Easy money

AcridMeat

Banned
Yay, I'm on a 6-game Jinx winning streak and I got my first Ranked Pentakill last night!
Niice! I think I've got a penta on her as well, she's such a monster late game.

It took a long time to get my first pentakill but I've got a handful now, though a couple were aram so whatever.

Leezard

I've gotten quite a number of pentas over the year, so I don't care much about them anymore. I will always remember my first one though; I played Mordekaiser in ranked in season 1. I ulted and killed the extremely fed enemy Tristana. Her ghost gave me the penta.

antitrop

Niice! I think I've got a penta on her as well, she's such a monster late game.

It took a long time to get my first pentakill but I've got a handful now, though a couple were aram so whatever.
The enemy team was engaging into our top right turret, they were all bunched up and I just stood behind the turret and spammed Fishbones rockets that were hitting like 3-4 enemy champs per. I think my Ult hit all 5. Everyone on both teams was dead except for me and Graves, and I just Flashed in and bursted him down in a second for the sole-remaining champion Pentakill.

We almost lost the game, too.

Edwardo

i have cj blazed thru an apple

g7ARfT8.png

Ocho

When do you guys think new SR will hit live? Some people were theorizing that it wouldn't hit til preseason 5, but that's a long time. Maybe August?

I'd say they will try to release it before worlds. If you have a map close-ish to release, why wait until after your biggest tournament this year is over?

I'd say they will try to release it before worlds. If you have a map close-ish to release, why wait until after your biggest tournament this year is over?

Idk about releasing it close to worlds. Even if gameplay is the same, players aren't going to want to practice on one map and play in the biggest tournament of the season on another.

Edit: Also, when does it hit PBE? I can't wait to see it in action.

Ocho

Idk about releasing it close to worlds. Even if gameplay is the same, players aren't going to want to practice on one map and play in the biggest tournament of the season on another.

Edit: Also, when does it hit PBE? I can't wait to see it in action.

Maybe I'm terrible at business, but if they want more money and more players, that is what I would do. Give the pros two week to learn the new map, shouldn't take more than that.

Because we are talking about Riot. And I don't say it to sound mean. It's just that it will take some time for them to release it because they always want to release things in the "perfect state, 100% ready" and then they wait to all regions to be ready for deployment.

At least that's how it feels they deal with new big things.

It will be like Draven would say "worth" it, but I think it will arrive around preseason 2015. I will be really happy if it comes out before worlds, of course.

this is what happens when I play with friends:

therefore I'm not going to do it any more.

I destroyed Akali in lane, which is a really tough match for Yasuo, to the point where I forced them to lane swap. Jayce (2/0 after killing Teemo a couple of times) came down. I killed him easily. Rengar and Akali gank me. They get me, but I kill both of them. I'm outplaying them so hard.

But Teemo runs round the map with no vision, dying and laughing after.

I can't do it any more. I even got a quadra kill at one point in a team fight, would have gotten the penta if Akali was there. I shot call, we make a great come back, we get baron and then... all of them out of position as I tell them to group get picked off 1 by 1 and they push mid and win, leaving me stunned to silence.

All of these people have played the game longer than I have. But nobody tries. idk

Nekofrog

Banned
some pro players are apprehensive about ie rushes where rng can decide laning

They don't want the game to be decided not by skill, but by random numbers generated that shape the way botlane will be played.

Of course, nobody knows if that's actually going to happen. It could open the doors to some of the early game AD lane bullies to be even more bully-ish, or it could bring back some of the less loved ADs for some reason.

Eh who knows

It was just fine for 2 and a half seasons before BT became the norm, and it's not like they'll be laning 2v2 most of the time anyways.

A bit more RNG at the cost of a healthier role and more pick variety? Count me in.

Leezard

Now let's see how many of those adcs run a single (1%) crit rune on some of their rune pages.

I don't like RNG, but I definitely think that not locking every (bar a couple) bot lane being about who finishes their BT first. Not everyone will rush IE in the new patch, I think.

Jeff-DSA

haven't rushed an ie first in like forever but wouldn't laning by the time you could buy ie be phasing out?

Yeah, I always get my BT first as an ADC. It depends on who I'm running, but if I'm playing Miss Fortune I usually get Phantom Dancer next and IE third when the bigger team fights are starting to happen. With Jinx I'll do IE or Shiv...depending on how things are going, but always after BT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom