• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
since we're talking about penetration items i should probably tinker with my TF build so I can figure out a way to get void staff in there because right now I basically just don't ever build a void staff. I basically always end up with Athenes or Morellos, Deathcap, Lich Bane, Sorcs, Zhonyas, and Banshees or something. I'm not sure which item I should be dropping.

Nekofrog

Banned
at this point the only champ i really build lich bane on is Ziggs (out of all the AP champs I play), and as a 5-6 item, and only because of his passive empowered auto, and only on a team that has good siege potential.

Alright, I'll drop lich and see how I feel about it. I think my perception of it is just skewed because I enjoy gold carding people and seeing half their life bar disappear. Does void follow the same "rule" as LW where it should be third item? I feel like MR stacking is less common than Armor so it's a little more touch and go.

Hmmm, sometimes I do. Depends on what they're building, actually. If they're going tanky or for damage, it changes what I do.
Last whisper should never change if you want to do damage though.

You get it for base armor progression because your damage will fall off naturally, not for stacking. The only situation you won't get it third is when you're stomping so hard by the time you finish your third item they'll surrender.
Alright, I'll drop lich and see how I feel about it. I think my perception of it is just skewed because I enjoy gold carding people and seeing half their life bar disappear. Does void follow the same "rule" as LW where it should be third item? I feel like MR stacking is less common than Armor so it's a little more touch and go.
You have more leeway as an AP carry because a lot of champions don't get mr per level, so you can get Void as soon as you need it.

That said the moment you see the first Negatron item come around, you get Void immediatly after.

Jeff-DSA

Last whisper should never change if you want to do damage though.

You get it for base armor progression because your damage will fall off naturally, not for stacking. The only situation you won't get it third is when you're stomping so hard by the time you finish your third item they'll surrender.

Makes sense. I'll adjust and check it out tonight.

Why some people insist in buying AS only?

The enemy adc went Berseker's Greaves > PD > LW > Pickaxe.
Meanwhile I went BT > LW > Berseker's > Statik Shiv > Bortk > Pickaxe (IE)

The enemy jinx did zero damage tbh, only kennen and fiora did some damage. And mf is really strong, was like 7/0/2 at 20.

I don't remember who said it, but a streamer once said "If in doubt buy more damage, AS is shit", or something like that.

The enemy jinx did zero damage tbh, only kennen and fiora did some damage. And mf is really strong, was like 7/0/2 at 20.

cuz its fun

Leezard

I don't remember who said it, but a streamer once said "If in doubt buy more damage, AS is shit", or something like that.
Typical noob trap. They think it's cool to attack really fast. I can understand it, but it really doesn't work and people should learn after a game where they build it and do no damage.
cuz its fun
People don't think it's fun to win, I guess.

Blizzard

Banned
Ranked is just heartbreaking.

Do great, get into promotions. Do great in first game as support (I hardly ever do well as a support), even with an afk mid for like 5 minutes because of a crash. Mid comes back, all lanes win, take down mid inhib...2 afk.

2 continue to afk for 10 more minutes or so. We turtled basically 15 minutes.

1 comes back. I guess one of those afks was crashing again like the first time, and the second just said win fast they have to go, and we didn't win fast enough (by 30 minutes).

WHY would you play a ranked/promotion game if you don't even have 30 minutes? It made me so so sad. We were practically at the nexus. :'( It's like, with ONE AFK we might have still won, but two simultaneous AFK is a real kick in the nuggets.

zkylon

zkylewd
since we're talking about penetration items i should probably tinker with my TF build so I can figure out a way to get void staff in there because right now I basically just don't ever build a void staff. I basically always end up with Athenes or Morellos, Deathcap, Lich Bane, Sorcs, Zhonyas, and Banshees or something. I'm not sure which item I should be dropping.
drop lich bane or morellos/athenes for void staff

probably lich bane, lich bane is pretty bad right now

at this point the only champ i really build lich bane on is Ziggs (out of all the AP champs I play), and as a 5-6 item, and only because of his passive empowered auto, and only on a team that has good siege potential.

it's also decent on nidalee, at least i like it on her as maybe a fourth item if you don't need the zhonyas

If you're really behind is getting LW second recommendable?
probably not, i just stack dorans (not saying this is a good strategy tho)

i don't think there are any comeback mechanics in place for adcarries other than stalling and stealing farm from other lanes

zkylon

zkylewd
SmiOW1x.jpg

final pic's pretty cool

lots of shitty designs but still interesting and i still would buy hat lux

also lol at female ezreal

lots more stuff here including weapon designs and shit: http://imgur.com/a/R1Xgr#0

"this really makes up for last night"

*checks player profiles*

6 people under lv30

now it doesn't make up for last night =(

I really had a shrewd suspicion when Vayne felt super squishy in lane and then I saw she had no runes. I haven't played for so long I forgot I always went with Shiv for Twitch.

Jeff-DSA

I'm going to start banning Sona so she doesn't end up on my team. Every time I get on as a support, she feeds like crazy in the lane. Just finished a game where Sona gave Jinx 5 kills in lane before any turrets fell. Jinx got a sixth when Garen ROAMED FROM THE TOP LANE DOWN and died at the tower in a ridiculous dive.

Bronze is truly the worst thing. In life.

Jeff-DSA

They have to do something about the rage quitting. Back to back games now, and it cost us wins in both. You simply CANNOT advance out of Bronze without extreme luck. Doesn't matter how good you play if you have a constant circus act around you.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
They have to do something about the rage quitting. Back to back games now, and it cost us wins in both. You simply CANNOT advance out of Bronze without extreme luck. Doesn't matter how good you play if you have a constant circus act around you.

I needed to duo to get out of Bronze hell.

Subtle

well he posted that at 12:00, so we'll know for sure in...13 minutes.

he died twice in the early laning phase. couldn't do much against a 2-0 jinx so i started dying too. now im just trying to see how bad i can make my kda waiting for 20~

edit: score is 10-30 for reference haha

Blizzard

Banned
I've won 4 out of my last 5 rengar games, but lost 2 promotion series in rapid succession, third one coming up. Still haven't bribed any good players to duo with me. :p

The one really bad game out of those 5 was against a Jax. That may just naturally be a Rengar counter, but is there any good strategy there besides trying to last hit while he freezes the lane? The player seemed to have good enough reflexes to do the Jax shield while Rengar was midleap, thus completely blocking the ferocity Q.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I guess I'm a Swain main now. I've played so much of him the last few months. I'm trying to carry myself out of bronze with him, and I haven't lost lane in what feels like forever.

I'm trying some new builds with him now, specifically trying out DFG. I can melt basically any target but I lose some of the tankiness that I love so much.

edit: btw if any of you dudes in bronze (or any nearby elo I guess) want to duo sometime, feel free to add me. I'm bronze II atm. IGN's Monsterfracas.

I'm playing a premade with friends, and one of us is unranked(lvl 15), 3 silvers and 1 gold. The enemy team has 3 diamonds (1, 5, 5) and Platinum (1, 3).

This gonna be gud . :3

I just wanted to play some Corki in peace.

Ken

he died twice in the early laning phase. couldn't do much against a 2-0 jinx so i started dying too. now im just trying to see how bad i can make my kda waiting for 20~

edit: score is 10-30 for reference haha

sounds like a success

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Man, I used to be so good with Nami. Right now I think I'm 1-5 in ranked. All this Morgana destroyed my Nami skills.

I'm giving lessons :3

IO1ieRS.png

(I'm actually still really bad and need to work on my decision making. I throw panic bubbles in teamfights and don't rotate very well with my ADC.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom