• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://i.imgur.com/qAoJ5Ot.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="zkylon, post: 115593120"]
give zky the original pic

zky will make everything good[/QUOTE]

Thanks, both of you. :)

And there goes my winning streak (5) in ranked.

This is the only part I don't like about being the support, when people don't listen to you because you're the support or something.

I told them to don't go for lucian who is pushing top, and is about to destroy the inner tower, and instead defend the exposed inhibitor in mid that the rest of the team is going after. We would have a 4v5 fight, win, and push mid and maybe took their inhibitor, instead our top and jungler went after Lucian, died, and the enemy team destroyed us.

Then I told them to don't go baron. We only had 1 inhibitor, and I told them that the superminions WOULD destroy everything, when they were half done with baron, our nexus had half its health.

I was like I told you people, why don't you listen to me. And our Fizz was complaining with the other team that our jungler didn't listened to him. -_-

And yes, there was a vayne in my team.

Blizzard

Banned
Fifth promotion series in a row. In maybe a week span.

First game, get Rengar, do well, win game.

Second game? Someone else picks Rengar. Has 28% win rate with him. Ignores my advice, ignores another players' advice, votes to surrender, game lost. I'm not sure if the other team even had to get our inhib towers before they voted to surrender.

Third game? The stars align! The other team gets a Vayne, I get Rengar. ......someone dodges.

Third game again, OTHER TEAM PICKS RENGAR.

I am not joking. This is the fifth series after losing 4 promotions in a row, and I am almost certain that 95% of the time someone else picks or bans Rengar, it's a promotion game. Stuff like the dodge when everything looks good just hurts so bad when you've lost this many series in a row.

Blizzard

Banned
The 5th promotion series was a charm. It was still VERY nearly a loss, 48+ minute game, with a suicidal Karthus. Nearly everyone was suicidal except me for a change -- we had hardly any wards, and the Karthus was so annoyed at me saying he should stay back instead of dying on the front lines, he said he was going to keep doing it...and went split pushing alone while the rest of the team tried to defend, stuff like that.

Managed to win defending inhib towers, and I went 9/2/9 as Caitlyn. I'm not sure if I ever lost guardian's angel once I got it.

If I promptly get demoted within the next 3 games I may shed tears. :'(

*edit* MInor statistical note: I've gone up from maybe 28% Rengar wins, like that other Rengar, to exactly 50% Rengar wins now. It's time to pull out a text file and start keeping more detailed notes from here on out.

Jeff-DSA

The Caitlyn and the Eve were saltier than the ocean after that game. Both of them were Silver, and were whining about having to play with Bronze players. They'll be one of us soon.

36jtkUs.png

I get such garbage for LP on wins. I'll lose 20+ LP on a loss...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Me and Newt want to level our smurfs (around level 10) in threes. Anyone else got one around that?

Got my smurf leveled up doing the same.

Bots, heimer, xp boost. Took ~100 games at 10 minutes each.

Jeff-DSA

And I'm down to 0 LP. I should have dodged that game. Dude was saying that he was going to feed in team select. Sure enough, he fed.

I don't understand the troll mindset.

Subtle

Hello summoners and welcome to RGN at 11. Subtle here bringing you a breaking report on a mysterious apparition on the Rift earlier today. Frightened summoners and champions called RGN while in a match after they say they saw a minion rise from the dead and stare hauntingly at the bottom lane. The caster minion was blue side bottom lane minion #107 who, after reportedly falling in battle to a super minion, "rose from the dead", ran past the fallen inhibitor and "stood there for minutes without moving an inch." An unnamed champion told RGN that "The minion had no health and was completely still. I could walk through it." The red team however did not believe the blue teams claims of a ghost minion. The ghost minion was only visible to the blue team.

A summoner from the match approached RGN and raised the most confusing point of all. He informed us that when hovering over the spirit his cursor turned into a "sword as if on top of an enemy", but was "light blue with a yellow mantle and handle." Skeptics claim that the sighting was a simple glitch, however others say it is a sign of retaliation against the injustice and discrimination minions face daily on the Rift. Stay tuned summoners as RGN tries to obtain an image of the apparition. We will update you with any further developments.

I get such garbage for LP on wins. I'll lose 20+ LP on a loss...

That means your mmr is below your rank.

If you're losing more LP than you are gaining then your MMR isn't at the division your rank is. That what real ELO hell is. It's not bronze/silver/gold/plat etc.. It's when your mmr so low below your rank that you lose more LP than you gain thus making it almost impossible to climb out.

Then theoretically wouldn't you eventually get to your MMR, and then start gaining LP?

If you win like 51% and lose 49% yea eventually it catches up, but if you go 50-50... then nope.

Mostly you gotta go like 60-40 over a very long time (I'm talking like 100 games here) to get it.

That happened to me. I had a really bad week. I was gold 5 in promo 1-0. I lost the next 2. Then lost like 9 out of the next 11. I dropped to gold 5.. 0 LP. I won like 7 in a row and ended up at like 97 LP. I lost 2 in a row and ended up at 50 LP.

... It took me going like 30-19 over the next 50ish game to get back to where my LP gain/lose was the same.

if you dont win more than you lose why would you advance

Because of the ranking system.

For example let say you are bronze 5.

From Bronze 5 you go 120 wins, and 60 loss all the way up to Plat 5.

Then at plat 5 you lose 20 of your last 30 games. (66% lost rate). Because you are at plat 5 you can't drop to gold unless you are at gold 5 mmr (the rule is 5 level below your current rank).

So now by losing 66% since getting to plat 5, you drop down to gold 3, or gold 4 mmr (as long as you're not gold 5 mmr, you will never drop out of plat 5 to gold). Thus elo hell, and thus where you can win more than you lose but still gain less LP per win, until you are back at plat 5 mmr. Let say you're now plat 5, with gold 4 mmr, and you average a 51% win rate. Well 51% isn't that much and it's going to take hundreds of game for that 1% to equal enough wins for your mmr to get back into plat 5 mmr where you gain same amount of LP per win/loss.

Tizoc

Won an ARAM match where our Graves was AFK. I was Garen and got lots of support helping the team. Our other members were Ziggs, Caitlyn and Jax. Jax and Cait would wait at the starting point to rack up cash for items leaving me and Ziggs to fend off the opposition.

I started with Brutalizer and managed to help score a bunch of kills. By the end game we wrecked the suckers. It helped that the opponents were all AP users lol.

Won another ARAM match as Alistar, he was pretty fun to use.

SZGF

Banned
Because of the ranking system.

For example let say you are bronze 5.

From Bronze 5 you go 120 wins, and 60 loss all the way up to Plat 5.

Then at plat 5 you lose 20 of your last 30 games. (66% lost rate). Because you are at plat 5 you can't drop to gold unless you are at gold 5 mmr (the rule is 5 level below your current rank).

So now by losing 66% since getting to plat 5, you drop down to gold 3, or gold 4 mmr (as long as you're not gold 5 mmr, you will never drop out of plat 5 to gold). Thus elo hell, and thus where you can win more than you lose but still gain less LP per win, until you are back at plat 5 mmr. Let say you're now plat 5, with gold 4 mmr, and you average a 51% win rate. Well 51% isn't that much and it's going to take hundreds of game for that 1% to equal enough wins for your mmr to get back into plat 5 mmr where you gain same amount of LP per win/loss.
That's not how it works. The system isn't going to forget your previous losses as soon as you start going wins over losses.

You might be 51% over the last week but overall you might be at 40% win rate due to losing all the time to reach where you are.

If you can consistently win 51% though, eventually your total win rate will become positive then.

The system is fundamentally rooted in mmr which doesn't care about ranking

Also, new skarner skills look sick. Dimb how do you feel?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
That's not how it works. The system isn't going to forget your previous losses as soon as you start going wins over losses.

You might be 51% over the last week but overall you might be at 40% win rate due to losing all the time to reach where you are.

If you can consistently win 51% though, eventually your total win rate will become positive then.
all your previous wins/losses amount to your current mmr, they have no impact on future games.

you could lose 930 games in a row and then climb to challenger in 70 straight wins and enjoy your 7% winrate. winrate just flat out does not matter, those 70 straight wins would skyrocket your mmr out of whatever pit you dug yourself into and promote you.

that said, i'm in elo heaven where i get nearly double LP for wins than losses. so woohoo!

Me and Newt want to level our smurfs (around level 10) in threes. Anyone else got one around that?
i have a lvl 22 account i've been wanting to level.

add it if you're interested, the name of the account is 'Selfish Genie'

SZGF

Banned
Its statistically false if streaks were actually matter in mmr calculations

As such, I doubt the lol mmr system has that implementation.

If you are 600 losses under wins and you go on a 70 game win streak you will still have a shitty mmr

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
no it isn't. infact mmr rewards streaking against consistently stronger opponents because you're consisting proving the systems calculation of your skill as wrong. a 1mmr person winning against the 100mmr person would get a fairly large bonus mmr for the win compared to a loss to that person.

so i'm not sure where you got that idea.

as a general rule, yeah streaks don't matter because things will average out over time, but as a general rule people don't go 0-1000 and then 70-0 either.

just played a 4v5 game where i was supporting bot with zyra. my adc quits at the beginning of game so im like yolo and take bot by myself. they cant handle me(zed and blitzcrank). i lol when they send whole team after me. bot didnt get 1 kill on me, only their jungler nasus got me...with the help of the other 2. rest of my team falls apart, and surrender :( i get praise from opposing team after so it wasnt to bad. is everyone on here lvl 30? everytime i go into chatroom no one around my lvl is on.

Tizoc

I'm trying to learn Jungle Warwick, gonna start with 5 mana potions next time since Going Blue>Red>Regular path he can still stay on the map with enough health to not return to base, but I end up with 0 Mana aeventually :V

garath

As such, I doubt the lol mmr system has that implementation.

If you are 600 losses under wins and you go on a 70 game win streak you will still have a shitty mmr

No, you'll have a godlike MMR if you go on a 70 game win streak.

League wants to put you where you belong. If you win 20 games in a row, you are not where you belong. It doesn't matter if you have 200 losses over wins, if you suddenly have 49 wins and 1 loss, your MMR is now way above. They allow for player growth. Frankly it would be a shitty system if it didn't. Panda has it right. Your wins losses got you the MMR you have today. You see players in Gold and Plat with more losses than wins. That wouldn't be possible otherwise.

Best demonstration of this was watching Nightblue take a real bronze account (not an unranked, a real 500 game bronze II account) and play on it. The first 15 or so games were all wins and his LP/ranking didn't budge too much, then it started climbing at a rapid rate. By win 30 (in a row) he was playing at Plat MMR despite being Silver or low Gold. By that point he was skipping every other division and getting promo matches in like 3-4 games. He ended around Plat I after going something like 48-2.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Best demonstration of this was watching Nightblue take a real bronze account (not an unranked, a real 500 game bronze II account) and play on it. The first 15 or so games were all wins and his LP/ranking didn't budge too much, then it started climbing at a rapid rate. By win 30 (in a row) he was playing at Plat MMR despite being Silver or low Gold. By that point he was skipping every other division and getting promo matches in like 3-4 games. He ended around Plat I after going something like 48-2.
he got to diamond 2 in the end.

vBJHNrN.jpg

garath

I'm trying to learn Jungle Warwick, gonna start with 5 mana potions next time since Going Blue>Red>Regular path he can still stay on the map with enough health to not return to base, but I end up with 0 Mana aeventually :V

For warwick I start with a machete, 1 health pot, a ward and a mana pot. He doesn't need the health pots at all. Keep that one for extra health regen when ganking though. Use an attack speed page and you'll need less mana to clear as well. Don't use his Q to clear very much, only if you need a little bit of healing and have blue buff. Just use his W for attack speed. The mana pot is again for that little extra when ganking.

Back early and get a madred's razor and you'll have a much easier time clearing with the attack speed from W and your rune page.

His first few clears are slow but they pick up with madred's and wriggles.

vBJHNrN.jpg

Ah wow. I only saw the youtube videos until Plat I. Amazing.

Tizoc

Thanks for the info Garath, I've got like 4000 IP, gonna use them up to get the Atk speed runes and see how I fare.

garath

Thanks for the info Garath, I've got like 4000 IP, gonna use them up to get the Atk speed runes and see how I fare.

Np.

The page I use for him specifically is a pretty generic jungler page. This fits quite a few junglers.

Movespeed quints
Attack speed marks
armor seals
CDR and MR blues (5% CDR, rest MR)

Subtle

Breaking News!

Photo evidence of ghost minion found! While unfortunately you can not see the blue and yellow sword the cursor turned into, the ghost minion is as clear as day. Any thoughts, summoners?

what is the best way to use ashe ?

Typical AD Carry item path:
- Doran Blade + Pot
- Vamp Scepter -> Bloodthirster OR Infinity Edge
- Boots. Upgrade when needed (Berserkers or Merc Treads)
- Phantom Dancer OR Statikk Shiv
- Last Whisper
- Bloodthirster or Infinity Edge (whichever you don't have yet)
- Defensive item (Banshee's / Guardian Angel / Randuin / Quicksilver), can be taken after Last Whisper

Skill priority is always RWQE for her.

what is the best way to use ashe ?

Typical AD Carry item path:
- Doran Blade + Pot
- Vamp Scepter -> Bloodthirster OR Infinity Edge
- Phantom Dancer OR Statikk Shiv
- Last Whisper
- Bloodthirster or Infinity Edge (whichever you don't have yet)
- Defensive item (Banshee's / Guardian Angel / Randuin / Quicksilver), can be taken after Last Whisper

Skill priority is always RWQE for her.

As someone who's working up to Level 30 and has spent a lot of time with Ashe, Wolf's got a good idea of how it goes.

Here's what my typical build looks like:

* Doran Blade + Pot
* Boots of Speed, eventually built into Berserker's Greaves
* Vampiric Scepter, eventually built into Bloodthirstier via BF Sword
* Avarice Blade, which is paired with Zeal and then built into Statikk Shiv (you can also build toward Phantom Dancer, which means you'll skip/sell the Avarice Blade before you buy PD)
* Last Whisper
* Second BF Sword, eventually built into Infinity Edge
* Defensive item, but usually for me it's Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel

Skill priority, as Wolf mentioned, is RWQE. Start with Volley (W) as this is going to be your most used skill. At level 2, grab Frost Shot (Q) because its ability to slow down champions hit by Frost Shot also stacks onto Volley.

At level 3, you'll have a choice to go with either another point on Volley or learning Hawkshot (E). I usually will stick with the second point on Volley and grab Hawkshot at level 4, though I'm sure someone out there will disagree with me. Hawkshot has a passive buff for your lane farming, but it's only real use is that it allows you to see up the lanes/into bushes, which is fairly useful but not nearly as useful as having Volley leveled up.

Enchanted Crystal Shot (R) opens up like all ults at level 6. As soon as it does, and again at 11 and 16, just put points into it. It has a nice mechanic where the further away the target is from you when you shoot it, the longer of a stun it puts them in. You can also shoot it across the map into other lanes to help folks out (if you're willing to risk it, because it does move a bit slow and can be dodged).

If you go for the Shiv, your innate passive (Focus) and the passive on Shiv can stack up really nice to do a ton of damage on enemy champions. I like to use it to poke at champions just on the edge of my attack range or hiding in large waves of minions. Just remember Ashe is like other AD carries and she's going to be a bit squishy and slow to start, but play smart and keep an eye on enemy bot lane and the jungler. If you get a good support player with you and a favorable match-up, you can kite and harass folks all match long.

Jeff-DSA

vBJHNrN.jpg

But...how? How does he manage to win so consistently? I mean, just last night in 2 out of 3 of my games I had an AFK teammate. In one of those 2 I had a troll that just admitted in the pre-game chat that he was going to feed...and that's exactly what he did. How do you win at that rate when it's such a crap shoot what sort of team quality you're paired up with? Is he really good enough to consistently overcome that kind of mess?

Again, it irritates me because most of my friends are in Gold and when we all play together I'm right with them, generally a bit better than my two Gold V friends and about on par with my Gold II friend. This is why I think that the MMR system is totally borked, because despite going on a 10 game win streak not too long ago, it did nothing for me and I'm still praying to the LoL gods that I don't get paired with clowns every time I queue up.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
But...how? How does he manage to win so consistently? I mean, just last night in 2 out of 3 of my games I had an AFK teammate. In one of those 2 I had a troll that just admitted in the pre-game chat that he was going to feed...and that's exactly what he did. How do you win at that rate when it's such a crap shoot what sort of team quality you're paired up with? Is he really good enough to consistently overcome that kind of mess?

Again, it irritates me because most of my friends are in Gold and when we all play together I'm right with them, generally a bit better than my two Gold V friends and about on par with my Gold II friend. This is why I think that the MMR system is totally borked, because despite going on a 10 game win streak not too long ago, it did nothing for me and I'm still praying to the LoL gods that I don't get paired with clowns every time I queue up.

doing well at the game will often influence the attitudes and actions of your teammates.

ie: people don't typically afk or troll when they have a 10/0 kha struggle-cuddling the enemy team into submission. a lot of toxic people get set off from something [usually something unreasonable] before they start and the way around that is too be just good enough that you take control of the game early and keep it.

if it makes you feel better, when i was in bronze it was during the era of +1/+0lp, that was a struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom