• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

But...how? How does he manage to win so consistently? I mean, just last night in 2 out of 3 of my games I had an AFK teammate. In one of those 2 I had a troll that just admitted in the pre-game chat that he was going to feed...and that's exactly what he did. How do you win at that rate when it's such a crap shoot what sort of team quality you're paired up with? Is he really good enough to consistently overcome that kind of mess?

Again, it irritates me because most of my friends are in Gold and when we all play together I'm right with them, generally a bit better than my two Gold V friends and about on par with my Gold II friend. This is why I think that the MMR system is totally borked, because despite going on a 10 game win streak not too long ago, it did nothing for me and I'm still praying to the LoL gods that I don't get paired with clowns every time I queue up.

Yes. He was light years beyond the people he was playing with. Most games he was just abusing the opposing team early to the point where it demoralized the opponents and lifted up his team. Other than that, he was much more efficient than everyone on the map. By the end of the game he regularly had 3-4 levels on every single person and upwards of 3-4k more gold. He made himself so strong that he would carry the game every time. It almost didn't matter what his team did. He didn't rely on them in the slightest. Especially in Bronze, people just waste time a lot. He didn't and showed why he was better than the people he was playing with. There were some crazy comebacks in that series too.

I'm PRETTY sure this is the video series I watched. It was on a different channel though. But the channel I watched it on cut off after game 50 or something. This goes all the way to Diamond like Panda was saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJQOsJ6wH0E&list=PLVIc3ewUpzX9P1nwZF9d1Zx1Xsytwe8VS

He's a jungler true, but it's a good watch. I learned a lot from this series.

Brutalx2

If you go for the Shiv, your innate passive (Focus) and the passive on Shiv can stack up really nice to do a ton of damage on enemy champions. I like to use it to poke at champions just on the edge of my attack range or hiding in large waves of minions. Just remember Ashe is like other AD carries and she's going to be a bit squishy and slow to start, but play smart and keep an eye on enemy bot lane and the jungler. If you get a good support player with you and a favorable match-up, you can kite and harass folks all match long.

this is probably because i am a noob and didn't get the deal yet but when i am trying to get 1VS1 on enemy champ i will 80% of the time lose. But if i have an alliance next to me i am able to DESTROY almost every champ(i had 8 kills in a row and the match was over)

drawkcaB

Is he really good enough to consistently overcome that kind of mess?

Yes. He was even picking niche/uncommon junglers like Diana to do it.

Again, it irritates me because most of my friends are in Gold and when we all play together I'm right with them, generally a bit better than my two Gold V friends and about on par with my Gold II friend. This is why I think that the MMR system is totally borked, because despite going on a 10 game win streak not too long ago, it did nothing for me and I'm still praying to the LoL gods that I don't get paired with clowns every time I queue up.

The only constant in all your games is you. If you truly think that you're actually a unique situation and that for inexplicable reasons only you have to deal with this shit then drop ranked, practice hard in normals, and wait for the S4 MMR reset.

What do you max on Lucian 2nd? I've been maxing E 2nd but been seeing people max E last . Not sure why.
Ranks on E only decrease the CD a bit and get rid of the mana cost. W ranks increase your damage output by a great amount since it decreases the CD and it scales off AD.

Edwardo

Yea I like W 2nd on Lucian bc of dmg. One of my friends plays alot of him and always goes E 2nd. It's because of the cost going down to 0 and the cd from 18-10 at max rank.

drawkcaB

Not to mention at least a dozen Brand jungle games. Some which he gave up first blood and his double buffs. Still came back and wrecked.

Yep. The big lesson to draw from watching Bronze-to-Diamond marathons is that the macrogame (objectives, grouping, and applying pressure) is what wins games. I went from winning about 2/3 of my games as jungle and support to going on this crazy losing streak while practicing ADCs to determine my champ pool at that position (including going on an 0-7 run as Jinx). Played support and jungle last two games and won comfortably because I don't have to concentrate on mechanics, learning the ins-and-outs of a champion, and just focus on what's going on around me.

(I might actually be terrible at ADC though. I dunno. I'm 9-5 on Varus and 2-9 on Jinx, 0-2 as Graves. Gonna try Tristana and Cait next, I need to try safer champs.)

Jeff-DSA

He's a jungler true, but it's a good watch. I learned a lot from this series.

Ah, a jungler. Ok, so he wasn't bouncing around roles or anything like that? I could see a baller jungler being capable of carrying games quite well. Like, as an ADC, you're totally helpless when the top lane or the mid is feeding, and vice versa. But if you're jungler, you can easily get into the lane and help them out.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if I should jungle more. My jungle win rate is 66.7%. I don't jungle often because people who call jungle generally really like to jungle. I usually will just take it if I can't get adc/mid.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ah, a jungler. Ok, so he wasn't bouncing around roles or anything like that? I could see a baller jungler being capable of carrying games quite well. Like, as an ADC, you're totally helpless when the top lane or the mid is feeding, and vice versa. But if you're jungler, you can easily get into the lane and help them out.

Hmmm, I'm wondering if I should jungle more. My jungle win rate is 66.7%. I don't jungle often because people who call jungle generally really like to jungle. I usually will just take it if I can't get adc/mid.
it doesnt really matter what roll you play, they can all carry. i remember watching an adc bronze to challenger series where the guy went adc annie in bronze.

adc's carry in low elo by getting lots of early kills in the double lane and then pushing down towers all over the map. varus or mf are great for this.

garath

it doesnt really matter what roll you apply, they can all carry. i remember watching an adc bronze to challenger series where the guy went adc annie in bronze.

Yep. A lot of the principles Nightblue adheres to applies to any role. I do feel like mid and jungle have the capacity to straight up carry a game a little more but a strong ADC can absolutely wreck games.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Yep. A lot of the principles Nightblue adheres to applies to any role. I do feel like mid and jungle have the capacity to straight up carry a game a little more but a strong ADC can absolutely wreck games.
mid and jungle have the earliest impact and thats a pretty big deal for team morale.

but using jeff's own match history as an example, every time he gets fed he wins. so clearly his adc can carry at his elo. likewise, all of his losses typically have rather poor kda's.

That's not how it works. The system isn't going to forget your previous losses as soon as you start going wins over losses.

You might be 51% over the last week but overall you might be at 40% win rate due to losing all the time to reach where you are.

If you can consistently win 51% though, eventually your total win rate will become positive then.

The system is fundamentally rooted in mmr which doesn't care about ranking

Also, new skarner skills look sick. Dimb how do you feel?

You realize you just said the same thing I did after telling me I'm wrong right? And your example also made no sense because I said 66 then you throw out 40 % out of the blue.

And I've had employee fucking explained it to me.

garath

mid and jungle have the earliest impact and thats a pretty big deal for team morale.

but using jeff's own match history as an example, every time he gets fed he wins. so clearly his adc can carry at his elo. likewise, all of his losses typically have rather poor kda's.

100% agreement

Jeff-DSA

it doesnt really matter what roll you apply, they can all carry. i remember watching an adc bronze to challenger series where the guy went adc annie in bronze.

Well, for example, last night I was killing my lane with my support. We were up big on the other ADC/support, but our top lane Teemo fed the crap out of Nasus and our jungler (Skarner, ugh) got way behind their Amumu. Coming out of lanes and into team fights was awful, because Nasus and Amumu could just wreck everybody, no matter how well we engaged or what we did to try and stall out.

That's what I mean, though. You can be set up to hyper carry a game, but if someone on their team is doing the same, it erases that advantage.

If I'm not good enough to advance, I don't want to, but I initially placed Silver III and did well for a while (even hit promos for Silver II), but the LP imbalance made me tumble. Once in Bronze, my win rate just got thrown into the mire because I played a lot of support (DO NOT DO THAT!!!). But it frustrates me when I play with my friends, and I'm better than they are, but I am two to three entire tiers below them.

Edit: Yeah, I have poor KDAs in my losses as I generally pile up deaths late. I'm really safe in lane, so I rarely die early, if ever. Teams are pretty good to focus me down in team fights, and it gets rough if you're behind.

Edit: 2. The ups and downs of League. Gotta love it.

zWk9j9s.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Well, for example, last night I was killing my lane with my support. We were up big on the other ADC/support, but our top lane Teemo fed the crap out of Nasus and our jungler (Skarner, ugh) got way behind their Amumu. Coming out of lanes and into team fights was awful, because Nasus and Amumu could just wreck everybody, no matter how well we engaged or what we did to try and stall out.
the thing is, teemo only died one more time than you.

That's what I mean, though. You can be set up to hyper carry a game, but if someone on their team is doing the same, it erases that advantage.
of course, you aren't competing with your team-mates you're competing with other people who are trying to carry just as hard as you. if they do it better, they deserved to win.

and when you say 'set up to hyper carry' it's telling me that in that game you wanted to play like a vayne who does okay in early/mid and grows into a strong carry. but there's a reason people hate vayne players and that's because they are entrusting that their deficits in early/mid can be overcome for them so that they can then become a true force in the game. it's just better to play in a way that allows you to carry yourself at all points. [like in that 18/1 game]

vayne-gaf gonna murder me.
Edit: Yeah, I have poor KDAs in my losses as I generally pile up deaths late. I'm really safe in lane, so I rarely die early, if ever. Teams are pretty good to focus me down in team fights, and it gets rough if you're behind.
remember that your team-mates and opponents represent the average of your current elo and in order to climb you must be demonstrating that you are better than that average, to be 'better' you should ideally not be piling on excess deaths at all. sure you might have a bad KDA because you were a part of a few teamwipes, but you'd still typically have the least or close to the least amount of deaths by virtue of having a strong lane. but you didn't, you were right in line with your team.

my personal philosophy is that if you're going even or only slightly ahead in lane you only deserve to win half the time because you are entrusting the game to the abilities of your team-mates versus your opponents. The people that can complain are the people who are actively influencing the map and are truly carrying the game. so if you get a 13/3 loss, yeah you got robbed. but 4/8 loss, that's nothing to complain about since you clearly had your own issues in that game that you can work to overcome, so there's no point in distracting from those flaws by trying to assign blame elsewhere. you'll never play with that teemo again so there's no point in fixing him.

Jeff-DSA

the thing is, teemo only died one more time than you.

Sure, sure, but I didn't die at all in lane. That's the big and defining difference there. Like, at one point I was 4-0-1 in that game and our Teemo had already handed off 5 or 6 kills to Nasus. I died when it was already over, essentially.

I know I'm not a god at this game. I just see constant head scratching decisions and wonder why I'm defined as their equal by the game's matchmaking system.

Edit: Our Karthus was in the same boat. Strong early, but got wrecked as the team fight stage started up.

If you are consistently outplaying your counterpart on the other team in your games, you will go up in ELO in the long run. Just remember that duelling isn't the only aspect of the game you're competing with him in - I've had games where I've bullied the enemy around in lane, got ahead, but they've warded smartly and found ways to make plays with their team while I did nothing with my advantage, and I've had lots of games where I've fallen behind but carried with objective calls, vision and vision denial (esp. when jungling) on my road from Bronze 3 to mid-Gold.

Of course the easiest thing to do is completely take your opponent out of the game by punishing their mistakes, but if you aren't several tiers ahead of them that might not always be possible. Imagine if Voyboy played top lane in Bronze - 98%+ of the time the other guy would be rendered irrelevant within 7 minutes, unless his jungler camped, and even then it would only prolong the inevitable.

TheOddOne said something interesting on stream a couple of days ago though - he said that when on his lower-ELO smurfs he didn't necessarily win games by getting uber fed every game, but by playing the map smarter. In particular, he could often take free buffs that he'd never be allowed in challenger because his opponents wouldn't note timers or ward to defend them. Or he'd push open towers while the other jungle would base. Over time the accretion of small advantages would result in him being far ahead of the other jungler without doing any fancy big plays. He was clear that the biggest difference wasn't in mechanical skill but in decision making - something I can attest to that, at Gold MMR I often see people (whether on my team or the other team) make decisions that simply betray a very poor understanding of some or other aspect of the game.

Be efficient, don't gift your opponent advantages, punish their mistakes, and try to cover your team's deficiencies (if that means buying extra wards because you have a "support" Annie with Deathcap, or building tankier/more damage than you would ideally want to, do it). And if you need your teammates to do something, tell them - most often, to group up, to focus a particular champion, or to build Last Whisper/Void Staff, or to go to an objective.

Jeff-DSA

All solid advice. I definitely need to buy more wards, because my supports rarely do and junglers almost never do. Teammates get caught out in the jungle a lot, and I could fix a lot of that by helping with wards.

Thanks, dudes. I'm going to adjust a lot of my play style.

it doesnt really matter what roll you play, they can all carry. i remember watching an adc bronze to challenger series where the guy went adc annie in bronze.

adc's carry in low elo by getting lots of early kills in the double lane and then pushing down towers all over the map. varus or mf are great for this.

Yeah, I've carried in a few of my normal matches as ADC. Heck, sometimes, I'm even the only one calling out movements. It really just depends on teamwork, being able to mesh together and play off each other's movements.

garath

Sure, sure, but I didn't die at all in lane. That's the big and defining difference there. Like, at one point I was 4-0-1 in that game and our Teemo had already handed off 5 or 6 kills to Nasus. I died when it was already over, essentially.

I know I'm not a god at this game. I just see constant head scratching decisions and wonder why I'm defined as their equal by the game's matchmaking system.

Edit: Our Karthus was in the same boat. Strong early, but got wrecked as the team fight stage started up.

Really not trying to pick on you at all. Please don't feel like anyone is ganging up on you. Just trying to help :)

But what you are saying is the quintessential "elo-hell" argument. Very little ownership of games, it's always the team. Claims of being so much better than everyone else but not climbing. Explaining away the poor games as the team's fault, etc etc. You are pretty much representing every elo-hell reddit or official forum post I've ever seen.

The people that DO climb are the ones that own it. So what if teemo fed Nasus 4-5 kills? Kite him. You're MF, you have grievous wounds built into your kit. That Nasus didn't even have armor.

Dying in a bad teamfight is not mandatory - especially as an ADC. In fact, you should be the last one alive. For all the concerns about teemo, he out damaged you that game by a significant margin. You were likely dying early in the teamfights and as one of the team's major sources of damage, that can easily tip the scales. If the team engages in a bad teamfight, that doesn't mean you have to die with them. Work the outside and get the damage in safely. Be one less kill fed to the opponents.

If you want to stick with ADC, work on your positioning in team fights and especially your farming. It sounds like laning for the most part is pretty solid but you're faltering in the midgame unless you're extremely fed. The games that you've been winning is where you're getting the farm through kills and have a lead over your opponents that way. The games you don't get the kills it falls apart. If the game gets to 30 min, you should be well over 200 cs and climbing. That's where you'll get the items to do the damage. Don't waste time. If you get better cs consistently in these bronze games, you'll be higher level than everyone and have more gold. Instead you're right in the middle of the pack pretty much every game.

If the team is just milling around mid as low elo games like to do, don't be there. Be off farming. Ping your team back a few times to let them know you aren't there. If they die, so what. Make yourself strong to carry. But WARD if you are farming solo. Just don't do it if you don't have vision. So many ADCs get caught out in the middle of bot lane by themselves with no vision anywhere and the entire enemy team MIA then bitch that they got killed because they were just "trying to farm".

Honestly, watch some Nightblue bronze to challenger games. Even though he's a jungler, his practices are sound - be efficient, rely on yourself when you are carrying, make smart decisions. When the team averages 115cs, be at 250. You will crush everyone with superior levels and items.

I went a little long winded here and again, I'm not trying to pick on you at all. You seem genuinely confused why you aren't climbing and I just want to help. It sounds like you have the tools to climb, you just need to own it and work on making yourself that much better. Yes, you will have a game where you get unlucky once in awhile but if you genuinely play better than everyone else, you WILL climb.

Really not trying to pick on you at all. Please don't feel like anyone is ganging up on you. Just trying to help :)

But what you are saying is the quintessential "elo-hell" argument. Very little ownership of games, it's always the team. Claims of being so much better than everyone else but not climbing. Explaining away the poor games as the team's fault, etc etc. You are pretty much representing every elo-hell reddit or official forum post I've ever seen.

The people that DO climb are the ones that own it. So what if teemo fed Nasus 4-5 kills? Kite him. You're MF, you have grievous wounds built into your kit. That Nasus didn't even have armor.

Dying in a bad teamfight is not mandatory - especially as an ADC. In fact, you should be the last one alive. For all the concerns about teemo, he out damaged you that game by a significant margin. You were likely dying early in the teamfights and as one of the team's major sources of damage, that can easily tip the scales. If the team engages in a bad teamfight, that doesn't mean you have to die with them. Work the outside and get the damage in safely. Be one less kill fed to the opponents.

If you want to stick with ADC, work on your positioning in team fights and especially your farming. It sounds like laning for the most part is pretty solid but you're faltering in the midgame unless you're extremely fed. The games that you've been winning is where you're getting the farm through kills and have a lead over your opponents that way. The games you don't get the kills it falls apart. If the game gets to 30 min, you should be well over 200 cs and climbing. That's where you'll get the items to do the damage. Don't waste time. If you get better cs consistently in these bronze games, you'll be higher level than everyone and have more gold. Instead you're right in the middle of the pack pretty much every game.

If the team is just milling around mid as low elo games like to do, don't be there. Be off farming. Ping your team back a few times to let them know you aren't there. If they die, so what. Make yourself strong to carry. But WARD if you are farming solo. Just don't do it if you don't have vision. So many ADCs get caught out in the middle of bot lane by themselves with no vision anywhere and the entire enemy team MIA then bitch that they got killed because they were just "trying to farm".

Honestly, watch some Nightblue bronze to challenger games. Even though he's a jungler, his practices are sound - be efficient, rely on yourself when you are carrying, make smart decisions. When the team averages 115cs, be at 250. You will crush everyone with superior levels and items.

I went a little long winded here and again, I'm not trying to pick on you at all. You seem genuinely confused why you aren't climbing and I just want to help. It sounds like you have the tools to climb, you just need to own it and work on making yourself that much better. Yes, you will have a game where you get unlucky once in awhile but if you genuinely play better than everyone else, you WILL climb.

This is all good advice. Thanks for posting it, garath. As someone who has been really digging into ADC lately as I'm working to 30, there's a lot of sound stuff here that I've learned from watching others and taking a few beatings along the way.

DeadNames

Banned
Another thing- when you KNOW you're carrying, stay positive. Save the sickish attitude for when you win. Don't go off on your teammates when you lose a few people during a team fight at dragon.

garath

This is all good advice. Thanks for posting it, garath. As someone who has been really digging into ADC lately as I'm working to 30, there's a lot of sound stuff here that I've learned from watching others and taking a few beatings along the way.

:)

Mind you, I'm hardly a top tier adc. It's my preferred second role but I still have a long ways to go personally. I'm NOT better than the people I play with as an adc. Gold through and through. It's all well and good for me to say "have better positioning in teamfights!" but I know how hard that really is. But what I hope he takes away from it is - keep on working on it! I see a lot of "team this, team that" but not a lot of - "we were losing early and I made the mistake of jumping in the middle of some bad teamfights and started to throw away my 4-0 start". You can't grow as a player unless you start to recognize your own faults. Hell, that applies to anything in life. Take ownership of what you are doing - in love, in career, in school, in everything. *cue the inspirational music*

Moodmon

Neo Member
London LCS tickets just got emailed through. Time to board the hype train. Only on closer inspection the matches start at 2pm - yet the LCS doesn't start till about 5pm. Which means I assume both NA and EU Challenger finals are first. Fair enough, but it will be like watching Twitch on a giant screen.

Other people who are going - will you going down for the first match or just swinging by for the main LCS stuff. Not been to Wembley Arena before, and I'm not sure how sensible being there for about 7 hours (assuming last LCS game finishes at 9) is going to be.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
if you had two winning lanes that were both fed, why was the game over at that point? even if every CS nasus had was taken with Q, 360 stacks at 30 minutes would not be the end of the world. realistically his Q was not hitting nearly that hard and he was literally building two spellblade items. in the future if you see a nasus like that, don't lose hope because the game is faaaaaaaaaar from over.

that'll mostly be an experience thing you pick up as you play more and more games, but the secret to climbing is going to be focusing on the only thing you can change, your own play. so if you were 4/0/1 and ended up 4/8/7, what was happening that resulted in you giving up 8 unanswered deaths? specifically how were you dying, where were you dying and to who.

ie: was amumu ulting you and your team?
was zed diving you from fog?
was nasus running you down with wither?

and if you aren't looking at the circumstances of how things were going wrong for you and instead writing off the game then those experiences are wasted.

xNiallC

Edit: Yeah, I have poor KDAs in my losses as I generally pile up deaths late. I'm really safe in lane, so I rarely die early, if ever. Teams are pretty good to focus me down in team fights

Then work on not dying later on. Sure, you may be a brilliant laner, but if you play smartly you can drastically reduce your deaths. Position well in the teamfight, and if you can tell that your team has undertaken a suicide mission, then just get the hell out of there. Just because your team engages doesn't mean you have to, more often than not especially in the Silver elo range your team will continue to force fights even if they're behind. Just focus on staying alive, you can potentially save a turret, make a pick, prevent a push etc. Always remember that you're always worth more when alive, than when dead.

brian!

Because of the ranking system.

For example let say you are bronze 5.

From Bronze 5 you go 120 wins, and 60 loss all the way up to Plat 5.

Then at plat 5 you lose 20 of your last 30 games. (66% lost rate). Because you are at plat 5 you can't drop to gold unless you are at gold 5 mmr (the rule is 5 level below your current rank).

So now by losing 66% since getting to plat 5, you drop down to gold 3, or gold 4 mmr (as long as you're not gold 5 mmr, you will never drop out of plat 5 to gold). Thus elo hell, and thus where you can win more than you lose but still gain less LP per win, until you are back at plat 5 mmr. Let say you're now plat 5, with gold 4 mmr, and you average a 51% win rate. Well 51% isn't that much and it's going to take hundreds of game for that 1% to equal enough wins for your mmr to get back into plat 5 mmr where you gain same amount of LP per win/loss.

i see what you mean, but it just means that your earlier play has suggested to the system that winning 51% of your games "from now on" is not the same as having a positive win ratio

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
They took it out.

Yea, some information like popular champions and little stuff like that is dated. But roaming, rotations, lane presence and stuff like that won't ever change.

:)

Mind you, I'm hardly a top tier adc. It's my preferred second role but I still have a long ways to go personally. I'm NOT better than the people I play with as an adc. Gold through and through. It's all well and good for me to say "have better positioning in teamfights!" but I know how hard that really is. But what I hope he takes away from it is - keep on working on it! I see a lot of "team this, team that" but not a lot of - "we were losing early and I made the mistake of jumping in the middle of some bad teamfights and started to throw away my 4-0 start". You can't grow as a player unless you start to recognize your own faults. Hell, that applies to anything in life. Take ownership of what you are doing - in love, in career, in school, in everything. *cue the inspirational music*

Haha, yeah. I'm still refining my ADC skills and learning new carry champs (Sivir and MF are the next two for me) so I'm not that great myself yet, but I try to learn from each game and I'm not at a point where I really end a match totally satisfied. There's always some way I can improve.

Nekofrog

Banned

The people that DO climb are the ones that own it.

I agree on theory, disagree on goddamn principal. Everyone remembers my posts about my Ranked Adventures from Hell(tm) almost a year ago when I was in bronze. I honestly believe that getting better didn't get me out, I felt like I had a long, long rash of not getting absolutely pants-on-head stupid teammates that kept me down. Ended that post season as silver 3 before I ran out of time.

Did I improve as I went along? Definitely, but if I had to look back I'd say 99% of my improvement came in preseason 4 when I really started playing with GAF. I didn't consciously change much during my climb out of bronze, but I did noticing my teammates getting less dumb, and coincidentally less toxic as I got higher in bronze. Bronze I is still an elo heaven that I never, ever, saw again. I think I literally spent one day there and then got to silver V. Never had a game with ragers/trolls/afks there, everyone was friendly, and even when we were absolutely stomping the enemy they were still friendly and joking about the situation.

I... uh... Gaf... I think I miss Bronze 1.

Newt

I agree on theory, disagree on goddamn principal. Everyone remembers my posts about my Ranked Adventures from Hell(tm) almost a year ago when I was in bronze. I honestly believe that getting better didn't get me out, I felt like I had a long, long rash of not getting absolutely pants-on-head stupid teammates that kept me down. Ended that post season as silver 3 before I ran out of time.

Did I improve as I went along? Definitely, but if I had to look back I'd say 99% of my improvement came in preseason 4 when I really started playing with GAF. I didn't consciously change much during my climb out of bronze, but I did noticing my teammates getting less dumb, and coincidentally less toxic as I got higher in bronze. Bronze I is still an elo heaven that I never, ever, saw again. I think I literally spent one day there and then got to silver V. Never had a game with ragers/trolls/afks there, everyone was friendly, and even when we were absolutely stomping the enemy they were still friendly and joking about the situation.

I'll always miss Gold III.

Leezard

Sometimes you get that lucky streak. I had my elo heaven in diamond 5, where I even got carried in a game where I played really bad and nobody complained.

Jeff-DSA

I'll always miss Gold III.

I guess that I miss Silver 3...my peak. :(

Seriously though, guys, if you're just starting to play ranked, don't be passive about calling your roles. I was, and that's how I ended up with support so much. It killed my win ratio. My fall from Silver 2 promos down to Bronze 2 happened so fast and I have been trying to fix the damage ever since.

Newt

I guess that I miss Silver 3...my peak. :(

Seriously though, guys, if you're just starting to play ranked, don't be passive about calling your roles. I was, and that's how I ended up with support so much. It killed my win ratio. My fall from Silver 2 promos down to Bronze 2 happened so fast and I have been trying to fix the damage ever since.
How would going support hurt your win ratio? Support is like the easiest role to win in.

zkylon

zkylewd
k, zky's climb to plat... start!

iblAd0e3eXID2S.png

if this game's any indication my elo's pretty fucking bad, their bot lane missed a whole wave because of some invade shenanigans so they were always a level behind but mf could still not get a cs difference.

we finally back 15 cs ahead after a good bubble onto lucian and she comes to lane with vamp scepter, boots and 5 mana pots. who knows what she was building by the end of the game lol

Jeff-DSA

How would going support hurt your win ratio? Support is like the easiest role to win in.

Hmm, I don't know, but my win rate as a support was trash. Probably didn't help that I played a lot of Morgana. She's a real double-edged sword, because sometimes your adc feels downright compelled to jump in if you get off a binding when you're just trying to harass a bit or they just go balls out expecting you to be ready to bind/spell shield perfectly every time. I think that Morgana is great, but you have to have good synergy with your teammates to make her work.

So that was my own doing, picking a bad champ for a bad situation. I should have been using safer support picks (Thresh, Leona, and apparently Nami) that people seem to understand how to mesh with more easily. Also, Morgana's limited CC is an issue in Bronze when positioning is generally bad in team fights because their support, maybe a Thresh, will lay down much better stun than you.

Ocho

No way. The only advantage support have over other roles is that you let other people play their roles since it's rare for someone to actually want to play support (and know how to).

Jeff-DSA

No way. The only advantage support have over other roles is that you let other people play their roles since it's rare for someone to actually want to play support (and know how to).

It's definitely the easiest to play. I mean, maybe it's REALLY hard to be a high level support and make a big difference, but it's a safe role to play if you're not super good at the game. I took support a lot because I was new to ranked and I didn't want to be "that guy who fed all game." Turns out everybody feeds, so eff it, I'm taking mid.

Ocho

It's definitely the easiest to play. I mean, maybe it's REALLY hard to be a high level support and make a big difference, but it's a safe role to play if you're not super good at the game. I took support a lot because I was new to ranked and I didn't want to be "that guy who fed all game." Turns out everybody feeds, so eff it, I'm taking mid.

Easiest to play, yes. Easiest to win, I don't think so.

Support players have the highest win ratios for a reason.

They're equally as impactful as junglers.

zkylon

zkylewd
MF was farming champions dude.

Also, I hope they didn't pick that Shen into the Jax...
he did lol

such a terrible game by all accounts, ori and kayle seemed to have an idea what they were doing but the rest were so random

i felt like i was playing on my smurf lol

Easiest to play, yes. Easiest to win, I don't think so.
nah, i think it's the easiest to win as because everyone sucks as support so every time you play support you raise your teams chance by simply not being dead weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom