• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

a support that is better than the other team's support is completely important

Which is why nobody should ever play Sona.

I have never won with a Sona for support. Ever. They just die a lot and you spend your entire time under your tower. Say no to drugs in schools and Sona in lane.

zkylon

zkylewd

I have never won with a Sona for support. Ever. They just die a lot and you spend your entire time under your tower. Say no to drugs in schools and Sona in lane.
too bad i'm not on na server anymore or i'd show you the ways of my pentakiru sona and i don't mean it for the skin

Ocho

Support players have the highest win ratios for a reason.

They're equally as impactful as junglers.

Where are these numbers?

Sona is hard to play. Requires some games to learn how to safely harass in lane.

Jeff-DSA

too bad i'm not on na server anymore or i'd show you the ways of my pentakiru sona and i don't mean it for the skin

Are you one of those guys that goes all AP Sona (like, no support items) and then just murders the other team? I have a friend who does that. It's pretty annoying to play against, actually.

Leezard

It's definitely the easiest to play. I mean, maybe it's REALLY hard to be a high level support and make a big difference, but it's a safe role to play if you're not super good at the game. I took support a lot because I was new to ranked and I didn't want to be "that guy who fed all game." Turns out everybody feeds, so eff it, I'm taking mid.

If you're just playing it as a "safe role" you're probably not supporting hard enough. You should be the one making aggressive moves in bot lane (unless you are playing heal bot soraka and hate having fun).

I'd say adc is the easiest role (even though I suck at it).

zkylon

zkylewd
Are you one of those guys that goes all AP Sona (like, no support items) and then just murders the other team? I have a friend who does that. It's pretty annoying to play against, actually.
let's just say, my soni build may or may not include a muramana

Sona is hard to play. Requires some games to learn how to safely harass in lane.
sona just isn't worth playing in 2v2s not necessarily cos you need to safely harass but because there's barely any point to it since you can't really do much with your harass

you used to be able to kill the support with harass+ignite but now that everyone's running heal it's harder than ever if you have no cc.

i can't wait for the ricklessabandon soni rework, the mf mini-rework was fucking awesome

brian!

If you're just playing it as a "safe role" you're probably not supporting hard enough. You should be the one making aggressive moves in bot lane (unless you are playing heal bot soraka and hate having fun).

adc is probably the easiest in the context of solo q
every role is important tho

Jeff-DSA

Has anybody here tried AP Miss Fortune? Several times while playing people have told me to go AP, but I dunno, it feels kinda gimmicky to me. I can see how her E and R would hurt big time with high AP, but I haven't really given it a serious look.

I think top is fairly easy if you just ward your bushes and farm passively. Most top laners can stay safe and still get decent farm.

Ocho

Definitively a good support should carry bot lane, however, in low elo, letting your adc safely farm is enough. Some wards here and there. A nice ult. You're done.

ADC is second easiest. Positioning requires skill.

brian!

adc positioning is important, but positioning is something you need for every champ and role in the game
i think playing support well is hard even for people that main it, a lot of ppl just plop wards in what they think are requisite spots for example, don't roam, etc.
a lot of supports just chill with their adc or leave them in inopportune times

brian!

adc is probably the most straightforward role with the least decision making needed, but i mean league of legends is about multiple instances of choice and execution, every role has a certain amount of depth

leaaaague of legends

zkylon

zkylewd
1ICbz1w.jpg

omg

Leezard

Yeah, most of my experience is from solo queue gameplay so I'm not completely privy to how things change in serious high rank premade 5v5s. The role is so straight forward compared to other roles.
Definitively a good support should carry bot lane, however, in low elo, letting your adc safely farm is enough. Some wards here and there. A nice ult. You're done.

ADC is second easiest. Positioning requires skill.

Calling that "enough" means that you are not doing enough to be honest. Why stop at that when you can deny the enemy adc his cs, or just give your adc free kills? Especially in low elo, there should be no problems just stomping the bot lane. You'll have to have good positioning as a support to do all this without putting yourself in too great of a risk during laning, though. ;) The positioning contest between the two opposing supports can make or break a lane.

Newt

Ehh, in high elo I would say every role takes the same amount of skill. Support definitely isn't easy. I feel like supp is the best to win with though, because you can have such a massive impact on the game.

Jeff-DSA

Ehh, in high elo I would say every role takes the same amount of skill. Support definitely isn't easy. I feel like supp is the best to win with though, because you can have such a massive impact on the game.

I'd say that jungle is the hardest. You have to keep tabs on so many things and try to keep so many people happy.

adc is probably the most straightforward role with the least decision making needed, but i mean league of legends is about multiple instances of choice and execution, every role has a certain amount of depth

leaaaague of legends

I agree and as you said, positioning is important for all roles.

HOWEVER. Nobody is gunned for in team fights like the ADC, so positioning is more important than for anyone else other than maybe the mid. And where a support getting picked off won't usually decide a team fight (after a couple of spells, most supports are little more than large melee creeps until their shit is off CD again), an ADC getting smoked at the beginning can end pushes, objective attempts, and even games.

Newt

I'd say that jungle is the hardest. You have to keep tabs on so many things and try to keep so many people happy.
You seem to have a misconception about jungling. It's really not about making people happy. The number 1 priority you should have as a jungler is putting yourself ahead.

Leezard

I think jungle is the hardest role, at least in the sense that a good jungle main will shit on a non-main jungler harder than the similar situation in other lanes. In general, of course.

brian!

I agree and as you said, positioning is important for all roles.

HOWEVER. Nobody is gunned for in team fights like the ADC, so positioning is more important than for anyone else other than maybe the mid. And where a support getting picked off won't usually decide a team fight (after a couple of spells, most supports are little more than large melee creeps until their shit is off CD again), an ADC getting smoked at the beginning can end pushes, objective attempts, and even games.

it depends on what champ the support is and what champ the ad is, but i kno what you mean. i wouldnt say ad positioning is more important tho, anyone who positions poorly is a problem

like for example, there are situations where if the entire team jumps on your ad and he gets blown up, you win

zkylon

zkylewd
gotdamn you cant fuk with old money
http://www.ongamers.com/articles/su...-vod-with-special-guest-candypanda/1100-1704/

whenever I say solo q I just mean non-pro games

oh nm thoorin tried to write some of it off as
because some of it is spoken verbally and not as thought out as something written down cut me some slack
what a doof
regi prolly did them a favor with all of this tbh

without thorin and monte going on rants about how qt looks like a hobo they can slim down like an hour of fat out of the show and actually make it something serious and respected

thorin and monte can actually be funny sometimes when they're not vitrioling all over the place, like when locodoco's on the show

it depends on what champ the support is and what champ the ad is, but i kno what you mean. i wouldnt say ad positioning is more important tho, anyone who positions poorly is a problem
i dunno often i win teamfights when i misposition cos i just zhonyas and people waste everything and suddenly we won

i always say BAITED so people know i'm good and they're not

brian!

locodoco is like the secret service, he dives in front of all the negative bullets and takes them himself
i dont think summoner's insight is awful, though I don't really watch it unless locodoco is on it
I just think that it should always be a show where the context is that thorin is an asshole that does a poor job at what he does and monte is a macho dood who hangs on to being "real" as a shield for opportunities to talk down on people where they can't talk back at him
if u wanna watch 2 rude doods interact on a stream i think thats fine and has entertaining possibilities

Nekofrog

Banned
You seem to have a misconception about jungling. It's really not about making people happy. The number 1 priority you should have as a jungler is putting yourself ahead.

My Master Yi jungle is usually 2-3 levels ahead of everyone, save for maybe a toplaner. The hit on "catch up" xp in the jungle is going to make it baaaaaaad for the enemy jungler.

brian!

i dunno often i win teamfights when i misposition cos i just zhonyas and people waste everything and suddenly we won

i always say BAITED so people know i'm good and they're not

that's good positioning on your part and bad positioning on their part, intentional or not
always intentional

Ocho

Calling that "enough" means that you are not doing enough to be honest. Why stop at that when you can deny the enemy adc his cs, or just give your adc free kills? Especially in low elo, there should be no problems just stomping the bot lane. You'll have to have good positioning as a support to do all this without putting yourself in too great of a risk during laning, though. ;) The positioning contest between the two opposing supports can make or break a lane.

My point of the entire thing is that you can play support passively and with much less pressure than playing any other role. In low elo. Yes, you can also rekt as a support bot lane, if you so desire and have the skills.

Edwardo

locodoco is like the secret service, he dives in front of all the negative bullets and takes them himself
i dont think summoner's insight is awful, though I don't really watch it unless locodoco is on it
I just think that it should always be a show where the context is that thorin is an asshole that does a poor job at what he does and monte is a macho dood who hangs on to being "real" as a shield for opportunities to talk down on people where they can't talk back at him
if u wanna watch 2 rude doods interact on a stream i think thats fine and has entertaining possibilities

4HyFAnK.png

zkylon

zkylewd

i dunno i think thorin and monte prolly want to make money out of this and they'll alienate all their viewers if they try to be both "insightful" and teenage girls talking behind each others backs (which in the digital era i guess you'd still tweet it and stream it on twitch)

i personally can't stand neither of them and the show just feels like a vehicle for montecristo to criticize on everyone while giving excuses for clg. thorin can sometimes be actually very funny when he's not hating on everyone

locodoco just makes everything entertaining, he should prolly have his own show with travis i'd watch the shit out of that

that's good positioning on your part and bad positioning on their part, intentional or not
always intentional

i should probably read more about this positioning thing

it appears to be very important

Leezard

My point of the entire thing is that you can play support passively and with much less pressure than playing any other role. In low elo. Yes, you can also rekt as a support bot lane, if you so desire and have the skills.
I'd say it's just as easy to contribute nothing to the game as any other role, but I think I get what you say: since there are more really bad supports in low elo than other roles, it is more okay for other players to also play a bad support?

brian!

zhonyas is always better thought of as a tool for playmaking rather than something str8 defensive
cuz it makes ur azz stand still for a while

On the elo hell stuff.

Realize that especially this season, about 60% or more of the game is in the mid-late game. So just because you won your lane doesn't mean you deserve to win, you have to keep playing well through the rest of the game. You can easily be responsible for a loss despite winning your lane. Realize also that lanes counter each other: top lane tanks counter mid lane assassins, assassins counter adcs, adcs counter tanks. If you're a fed adc and their tank is fed, that's good for your team, just kite him and you will win the teamfight.

zkylon

zkylewd
It the second event (of four) this year in latam. (Explained here - in spanish)

And I think the winner of this second event is going to the wildcard tournament.
More info here - in spanish, again.

It's going to be in Buenos Aires.
hmm, i know a couple guys that might like something like that but i don't personally care for the argie scene, specially since the few pro players i've met weren't my kind of people

not really worth my money either since i already have rito blitz :p

Also if you're doubting the mmr system.

I was in silver 2 before the ranked reset, and after a bad promo series was put back in silver 5. I was pretty annoyed since I had worked to get from s5->s2 through the preseason and figured I'd have to climb again.

I was back in silver 2 in about a week. The skill disparity even between silver 5 and silver 2 was massive. I consistently went 5-0 or 10-1 or 8-3 until my mmr was back where it was supposed to be, and it was just effortless climbing back. People warded less, didn't control dragon as well, had poor mechanics etc.

Basically if you aren't where you belong, the system will work it out very quickly. And if you're where you're belong, it might seem frustrating, but you won't move very fast at all.

brian!

i think it's pretty good, especially if you don't want to go through selling frostclaim for speedup sphere
the active is pretty good, and it helps mitigate facechecking
but i dunno if its the greatest against that team tho yeah everyone on their team has a gap closer

Twin shadows is kinda of a meh item to be honest.

I'd never bought it before. I was actually threatening to sell Frost Queen's for the speedup thing (I actually went to buy it and it told me I couldn't because I had a the Frost Queen's already so I just panicked and started looking for something that would affect speed) but decided on buying that one for the first time instead. It set up 2 kills as we emerged from a mid bush gank on the last push. I approve.

I also don't get the Crucible much, but it worked out as it got some people out of some Panth stuns that would have proven fatal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom