• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nome

red buff jungle looks so much warmer than blue buff jungle, makes me want to stay there forever
I heard the map looked *WAY* darker on stream than it should've been due to an encoding issue.

The blue buff jungles are actually my favorite part of the new map.

I heard the map looked *WAY* darker on stream than it should've been due to an encoding issue.

one thing I sort of had an issue with was the tower shots.

They didn't look as... visible(?) as the ones on live. They looked a lot smaller/thinner. Any chance you could make them slightly bigger?

From the bottom of my heart

Screw you.

:(

he has to play on euw tho

Yeah, I didn't have a server to play on for 24 hours yesterday.

zkylon

zkylewd
plus you can buy weed in amsterdam and ppl r cool with it
smoke some week and play some ranked!

maybe

i got that impression from spanish and reveal thingies too.

not necessarily saying it's a bad thing, i like that they look different, but i just find it a lot more nicer since warmer colors seem naturally more attractive to me.

i hope you add a shitton of particles and whimsical stuff to blue buff jungle. kinda like if lulu was in charge of decorating it or something

also do u know if there's gonna be like a "buff transfer particle animation"? i think it'd be really cool if say a blue stream came out from blue buff core thingie and moved towards whoever got the buff. sorta like the health animation but maybe a little pronounced

one thing I sort of had an issue with was the tower shots.

They didn't look as... visible(?) as the ones on live. They looked a lot smaller/thinner. Any chance you could make them slightly bigger?
yea, laser looks less menacing too

even though the ping difference is only ~6ms, it's still noticeable. Hitting that 50 mark is good.
50 mark? Pft.

17pingc7ik3.png

New match history is live in Brazil.

It's really nice, you can see who did the first blood, bans, barons/dragons/towers, all the post-game stats + stuff like wards bought, placed or destroyed. The timeline and the graphics are pretty cool too.

zkylon

zkylewd
New match history is live in Brazil.

It's really nice, you can see who did the first blood, bans, barons/dragons/towers, all the post-game stats + stuff like wards bought, placed or destroyed. The timeline and the graphics are pretty cool too.

weird that they're using blue and purple instead of blue and red

Some (a lot?) of Sona players are really, really bad. Quite a few will basically walk right into me in bot lane and kill themselves.

Then occasionally you'll run into a really annoying one who actually kind of knows what they are doing and they'll freeze the lane pretty good while outsustaining all but a few champs. Kind of bothersome.

It really depends of the ADC, sometimes the adc is scared shitless of the enemy adc or grappling enemy support or the jungle that camps in bot because sona is not dying.

drawkcaB

I've decided to stop my ADC marathon short after a Tristana game yesterday. I'm starting to recognize that long range AA focused ADCs are what I'm most comfortable with so I'll be sticking with Jinx, Tristana, and Varus. I like playing all three and I'm feel good enough about playing them whenever I need to play ADC, which hopefully won't be too often.

For those here who play a lot of Twisted Treeline, do you find that your experience with champions in that mode transfer well to SR? With ADC done I need to start figuring out my top and mid picks and I think I'd have an easier time getting a hold of either lane in TT as opposed to normal/draft SR. Here's hoping I can have this sorted out by the end of June so I can then start bringing up my top/mid/adc game up to par with my jungle/support (somewhat).

brian!

tt, as far as i remember, is way different than sr
id just team build dat shit if you are worried about not getting the role

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Screw your guys and your super low pings. I have to play League at anywhere from 120-160 ping :(.

Damn east coast servers when?

Posting from my newly built PC woo

Can't wait to install drivers for three hours and then spend the rest of the day downloading League and Steam and maybe Origin.

I've decided to stop my ADC marathon short after a Tristana game yesterday. I'm starting to recognize that long range AA focused ADCs are what I'm most comfortable with so I'll be sticking with Jinx, Tristana, and Varus. I like playing all three and I'm feel good enough about playing them whenever I need to play ADC, which hopefully won't be too often.

For those here who play a lot of Twisted Treeline, do you find that your experience with champions in that mode transfer well to SR? With ADC done I need to start figuring out my top and mid picks and I think I'd have an easier time getting a hold of either lane in TT as opposed to normal/draft SR. Here's hoping I can have this sorted out by the end of June so I can then start bringing up my top/mid/adc game up to par with my jungle/support (somewhat).

like if you get good at a particular champion of course your mechanics/abilities with those champions will transfer over.

however Treeline is a very, very different mode. You won't be playing all the same champions and you certainly won't be playing them in the same way. You might not even play them in the same role.

The really good bot laners on Treeline are Lulu, Karma, Annie, Lissandra, Brand, Cassiopeia, Syndra, Vel'Koz and Ziggs, Zyra. Maybe one or two others.

For top it's Lee Sin, Pantheon, Darius Wukong, Aatrox, Jax (although he's permabanned), Fiora, Quinn, Yasuo, Renekton.

Top junglers are Shyvana, Jarvan, Xin Zhao, Udyr, Evelynn, perhaps Elise, maybe Kha (he was god tier but haven't tried him since the nerfs)

Treeline is a super aggressive map that basically requires you to push and roam all the time. it has no wards etc.

basically you can get good with a champion on Treeline, but because the map is played so differently it probably won't super beneficial to you. You'd be better off playing them on SR normals to get better at them.

Yeah, I find with ADC that go with what you're comfy with, champion-wise. I'm planning to go through a similar mini-marathon just to check out some of the other options out there, but I'm thinking my ADC pool is going to be Ashe, Sivir, Miss Fortune and maybe Jinx. I need some quality time with Jinx before I make that official.

Once that's done ... gonna pour a lot of time into top lane with Jax. I've watched some friends play him top lane (and jungle, too) and I like what I've seen.

I've actually been really disliking Treeline recently.

They changed the jungle completely and it sucks. it's way less aggressive and super stagnant. The pool of junglers has been narrowed massively too with the changes. As a jungler it just sucks right now. Options have been massively limited by the changes.

Like I don't want to say it's all Scarizard's fault, I dunno exactly when he joined the Treeline/Dominion team, but he posted about it recently and the timing at least for the last set of changes fits. I don't like his/the team's vision for the Treeline jungle at all. Which sucks because Scarizard has always been pretty cool to me and I love Karma. I just wish they'd inject more of the pace back into it.

Jeff-DSA

Yeah, I find with ADC that go with what you're comfy with, champion-wise. I'm planning to go through a similar mini-marathon just to check out some of the other options out there, but I'm thinking my ADC pool is going to be Ashe, Sivir, Miss Fortune and maybe Jinx. I need some quality time with Jinx before I make that official.

Once that's done ... gonna pour a lot of time into top lane with Jax. I've watched some friends play him top lane (and jungle, too) and I like what I've seen.

My ADC pool is pretty solidly set on Jinx, Miss Fortune, and Sivir. I'd like to learn Lucian, however. Also, for the very special circumstances, I'd like to get better with Graves, because he is ridiculous when fed. I'm pretty decent with Caitlyn and Twitch, but I never use them.

Jeff-DSA

Fellow MF, players...

I generally start with Doran's Blade, a health pot, and a ward trinket. With the Doran's change, I'm considering going with a Long Sword, two health pots, a mana pot, and the trinket. Reason being that I get to the BT faster, and I can harass with her W way more early, hopefully screwing up their CS or even forcing them out of lane to back early. It also would help ensure that my mana is available for her ult when I hit level 6 without having to pass on good poke opportunities with her W.

I dunno, it might be worth trying for a match to see if you can get ahead a little faster, though it's a slightly riskier start.

Newt

Fellow MF, players...

I generally start with Doran's Blade, a health pot, and a ward trinket. With the Doran's change, I'm considering going with a Long Sword, two health pots, a mana pot, and the trinket. Reason being that I get to the BT faster, and I can harass with her W way more early, hopefully screwing up their CS or even forcing them out of lane to back early. It also would help ensure that my mana is available for her ult when I hit level 6 without having to pass on good poke opportunities with her W.

I dunno, it might be worth trying for a match to see if you can get ahead a little faster, though it's a slightly riskier start.
You gain 2 attack damage, and you lose 80 hp and 3 health per hit. Definitely not a good trade off. As a player that used MF to get to diamond I'll say this: buy more Doran's blades, not less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom