• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian!

i had to go because my mom was stuck in the rain and now i have to cook sum dinner, but im down to play later and eat burritoes

I can't get doto to let me turn vsync off, but maybe that's just because i'm playing in borderless window mode.

I did realize that it turned render quality down to something other than 100% on me though

brian!

i cant really judge the dota 2 client because im not used to it, i can hardly understand what is going on the screen during the game, but that is also because im not used to it im sure

ppl complain about the league client but i have no problems with it

zkylon

zkylewd
Anything that uses steam invites like that gets really confused when you have more than one thing open through steam.
weird, and kinda sucky

specially now that people buy programs on steam, not just games and sometimes can't just shut them down so easily

i'm down to play a game, i promise i'm not gonna use gamemaker for a few hours

I saw on the dota 2 subreddit that Justin Roiland had posted and he was like "hey guys I wanna do a Rick and Morty announcer pack but I have no idea how I'd do that" so now I think I might have to buy a Rick and Morty announcer pack for the game

YEICZQ9.png

best fork user NA

Huh, I didn't know that. Still, it seems like a missing feature they should be able to fix. The hud takes up way too much screen real estate.

oh wow, really? So my dreams of a smaller, more efficient Dota 2 HUD are just that? Dreams?
There is a console command to make it so it does, but by default it's off. It's also flagged as a cheat so you can only mess around with it in local lobbies.

I can see them not ever doing it though for reasons ranging from tradition, to balance, to the cosmetic hud skins they've already sold.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
ibaRqjwAIya7v1.gif

Got, I don't even know where to start. There is at least 3 bad games from me in there, but sometimes you just cannot carry from bot lane. As in, your ADC does tremendous, you beast lane, and then a Trynd doesn't even build any crit chance.

We all know that feel. I usually stop after 2 losses in a row.

zkylon

zkylewd
how about this

volvo and rito meet up

we trade hud rescaling and surrender tech for their replay system and putting lol on steam

and we get doto skins for leeg and i can play windranger lux and have my brain explode

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i guess league didn't want to give valve millions of free users but you know, that's the bright future i envision for the zomba genre

being unable to play league cos gamemaker's open :3

Brutalx2

I've been looking on youtube videos on jinx,ashe etc. and almost every gameplay they talk about "green buff" "blue buff" what are those buffs ?

I've been looking on youtube videos on jinx,ashe etc. and almost every gameplay they talk about "green buff" "blue buff" what are those buffs ?
Blue and red buff are the buffs you can get out of the jungle monsters. Blue grants CDR and basically infinite mana, red gives you an on-hit slow and extra damage.

Talents

Banned

There are 3 different types of buffs on the map, 2 in each of the junglers jungles (blue and red buff) and the baron buff. The blue buff gives mana regen and cool down reduction, while the red buff gives a dot, slow and damage while the baron buff gives a massive increase on all your stats.

zkylon

zkylewd
i have no idea what green buff is but probably they were talking about red buff specifically

red buff is a special buff that adds damage and a slow to your auto attacks (u know, the ones when jinx just shoots her minigun/rockets at ppl) for 5 minutes. you get it by killing a dude in each team's jungle called the red lizard. usually half way the game carries like jinx start killing red so they can use the slow on their enemies (since carries are ranged and have the highest attack speed they can refresh the slow forever. mages or supports or assassins or whatever usually have a tougher time applying the slow). you shouldn't worry too much about it right now but keep it in mind, whoever has this glowy circle red thing around them has the red buff and can slow you so watch out. you can also steal the buff by killing whoever has it, so you know, try not to die with it still on.

if you don't mind watching a longish video i think this one was pretty decent on carries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuI1ubRmZB0

on ashe specifically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZqBTIMX1pU&list=PLdSI6ouMBfaDjYLeylEy_yclPuOXftsVJ

jinx: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQqGhXEkZnU&index=5&list=PLdSI6ouMBfaDjYLeylEy_yclPuOXftsVJ

dunno how good they are cos i didn't fully watch them but i bet they'll be of some help, long videos like these are usually pretty comprehensive

brian!

green buff is when you play the game baked
brutalx2 you are no where near at a point where you have to worry about optimal builds or runes or guides, just play the game

zkylon

zkylewd
So basically blue buff is really good for ashe and jinx right ?
nope, jinx usually grabs red buff, ashe might get red but since she already has a slow of her own in her q ashes often leave red buff for the top laner or jungler to take

blue buff 90% of the times goes to the mid laner and the other 10% is a mistake :D

carries almost never take blue buff

blue is pretty bad on Yasuo

it's certainly better on Lucian. yasuo's ult is like always up anyway and it's conditional so the only thing that really benefits is wind wall CD.

So this is how EUW felt? It really sucks when your server is down. ):
And it sucks more that you have now way to have any news about the issue, since the forums are down too, and Rito doesn't say anything in their facebook page for latam.

I know that this is the fault of the referees of the World Cup, somehow.

zkylon

zkylewd
i played some doto against bots and man these games should have a newbie mode or something, specially for items.

If I'm jungling it wasn't a mistake.

i didn't mean mistake like oops got it by accident more like oops i think i'm good at lesin and now i dive top and free blu buff for ryze

oops

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i didn't mean mistake like oops got it by accident more like oops i think i'm good at lesin and now i dive top and free blu buff for ryze

oops
When I die to the enemy team it isn't a mistake either.

I just played with a Yasuo who was supposed to have top lane but just wandered all over the map (never actually went to top lane) and called for pushes whenever the enemy disappeared from the mini-map.

I want to cry. ;_;

Blizzard

Banned
I'm assuming there is nothing different about new Karthus ult, though his Q now seems SUPER difficult to hit, because of the 0.5+ second delay and how huge and obvious the animation is.

That said, at least twice in an ARAM I died, tried to use Karthus ult, and literally nothing seemed to happen. It did not go on cooldown, no animation seemed to play, and no sound seemed to play. I think the common factor may have been the ult coming off cooldown right after I died, but before the passive ran out. Does the game lock you out of using the ult in that case?

Also, I think remaking all his skills into faded blue-green was quite a bad idea. It makes everything look weirdly bland and even makes it difficult to see where the E is, whether it's on, and the ult isn't as obvious either. That's not fun for Karthus OR the other team -- bad times for everyone! Most champion remakes or visual updates seem to be decent, with the possible exception of some Sivir shenanigans, but I think Karthus is done poorly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm assuming there is nothing different about new Karthus ult, though his Q now seems SUPER difficult to hit, because of the 0.5+ second delay and how huge and obvious the animation is.

Also, I think remaking all his skills into faded blue-green was a really bad idea. It makes everything look weirdly bland and even makes it difficult to see where the E is, whether it's on, and the ult isn't as obvious either. That's not fun for Karthus OR the other team -- bad times for everyone!
The color scheme is probably designed with the new map in mind.

I have a big post coming. It's about my TF. Just trust me on this. I'm going to wait for the new page to begin to make it. Seriously, it's a revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom