• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
You're welcome for carry, Acrid.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

h2XkqLH.png
7WOeNjV.png
HSpwRS5.png

Blizzard

Banned
I just want to know about the Karthus ult not working during passive thing. ;( But I'll check the TF post too. It can't be the ult being interrupted, since it doesn't go on cooldown and you can't interrupt an ult when Karthus is dead anyway, right?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I just want to know about the Karthus ult not working during passive thing. ;( But I'll check the TF post too. It can't be the ult being interrupted, since it doesn't go on cooldown and you can't interrupt an ult when Karthus is dead anyway, right?
Summons you're being Summons. If wait while you're dead and you don't have enough time to cast the ultimate before the passive kicks out it won't even start up.

Blizzard

Banned
Summons you're being Summons. If wait while you're dead and you don't have enough time to cast the ultimate before the passive kicks out it won't even start up.
I didn't know that, and I checked the wiki a few minutes ago and didn't see a note about it...but maybe I missed it.

I thought in the past, if you started the Karthus ult too late into the passive, it would start but not finish, you would lose the mana and the cooldown, and feel stupid.

But, I -thought- one of the times today where R didn't work, it was almost immediately after I died, when I would still have time for ult...but maybe I'm just crazy.

First off, I've been playing League for 4-5 years or so. This is my 4th Ranked season and then I played a year or two before the ranked seasons started (2011 was season 1). Obviously thousands of games under my belt, a little over 3000 total.

I'm a low-elo scrub. Always have been and always will be most likely. I think the highest I got was 1150 elo one season. I'm in Bronze 2 at the moment so if you want to do a "stopped reading there" be my guest, I understand.

I've played 212 ranked games this season. I'm 60 wins and 46 losses with Twisted Fate. Every single one of those games has been AD Twisted Fate, 90% of them mid lane. I've never had more fun with a champ than AD TF mid. There's not a single other champ in the game that I can play continuously non-stop and not get bored. I own 88 champs, that's most of them.

Never have I had so much consistent success with a champ as I have with my AD TF mid. This isn't a case of "Oh I could go AD Soraka and get 20 kills in bronze, they're terrible". The scores I'm getting are so monstrous they're similar to the Diamonds that smurf in bronze with Akali mains and rack up 25 a game. I've mastered him. I'm one with TF.

Here is the current roll I'm on:

lSHhlua.jpg

jT8c6Fr.jpg

Look at that, just look at it. In one four game stretch he amassed 3 games of 27+ kills:

28-10-6
31-8-8
27-9-9

Then there's the 15-1, 11-1-7, 6-0-4, 8-0-10... these games were over quick otherwise they'd have been monstrous 25+ ones as well.

That's just unbelievable. Not a single ADC, AP mid, top, even with their whole team building armor, banshee's, nothing could stop me. The damage that AD TF dishes out with my build is unlike anything you can imagine. And best of all? It's the most fun I've had in 4-5 years playing this game.

It's all due to that glorious stun every 5-6 seconds and his incredible attack speed with E.

I'm going to lay out this build for you and my goal in making this post is that someone in Gold, Plat, Diamond, whatever, gives it a shot a few times and posts the results. There's only one real end-game counter to the build and that's quicksilver sash or cleanse, but the thing is... nobody expects it, ever. When someone on the other team locks in TF they don't know he's going to be an AD DPS monster that stuns you the entire game so they don't get cleanse.

By the time you're stunned, you're literally dead in 2 seconds. He just eviscerates you with his deeps.

Here is the build:

Skill priority:
R->E->W->Q

Yes, I don't even get Q till it's the only option to get, this is like past level 10. It's a complete waste of a skill and that's fine. It doesn't matter. The only times I've used Q is to pop enemy Banshee's, that's it. Max E first, then W.

Runes:
29% Attack Speed (reds and quints)
12 flat armor (yellows)
9 flat magic res (blues)

Starting items:
Dagger + pots

Build after that:
* The big core of the build is Statik Shiv. This is your first major item
* Berserker boots of course
* The next important item is Vamp scepter
* The next core item is Infinity Edge
* After that you make BotRK
* After that you make Last Whisper assuming they have some armor
* After that you make whatever defensive item you want, I usually go Banshee's of if you're feeling more aggressive get Phantom Dancers
* If the game is turning out to be a 50 minute epic and you picked Banshee's, sell your boots for Phantom Dancers so your really late game build will look like (items not in order):
OojSHCV.jpg

I've done a lot of reading on the LoL forums after google searching "AD TF" and so forth. The majority of the complaints have been his attack range is too low. It really doesn't matter. I wouldn't be having the success that I am if that was a big issue. There's not a SINGLE ADC in the game that can beat AD TF 1v1 assuming you get the stun because they're melted in 2 seconds, before it even wears off most of the time. Same goes for all other roles... nobody can beat him end-game except just a couple champs:

Jax because of his dodge
Trynd if he manages to ult

That's about it. Not a single ADC can beat him. This is the most fun I've ever had in LoL and I've had a ton of fun in the game. Obviously playing so many years and 3k+ games I'm having a lot of fun but these last 106 games I've played with my AD TF mid have taken that fun factor to another level.

It is just unbelievable. Give it a shot. You may flop in the first or second game as I probably did but give it a solid 3 to 5 games till you get the hang of when and where to ult, when to stun, getting used to his attack range, etc.

Newt

I'm going to lay out this build for you and my goal in making this post is that someone in Gold, Plat, Diamond, whatever, gives it a shot a few times and posts the results. .
Seems like a worse version of Kayle to me.

I'll give it a try later; I'm a diamond ADC main.

TLDR:

29% AS reds + quints
12 flat armor yellows
9 flat magic res reds

21/9/0 masteries

Statik Shiv -> Infin Edge -> BotRK -> Last Whisper -> Defense item -> Phantom Dancers after selling boots, or just get them instead of the defense item

Mid lane is the role. I've been bot TF as well but the problem with that is your team will probably rage at you. Go mid and don't tell anyone you're going AD.

P.S. His AD/AP damage ratio in the post game stats is always around 60% AD, 40% AP.

There are some mid lane AP guys that will give him trouble. These are the games you just have to sit tight and farm and hope your team doesn't flop and then go Super Saiyan and dominate. Xerath is one, although I only played vs him once since nobody picks him. I got rocked by a Morg once as well, but ended up doing good post-laning and we won.

TomShoe

Banned
jhjLG.jpg

A decent game, lasted longer than it should have though.

I kill pancake is secretly Herman Cain

+1 if you get the reference

Blizzard

Banned
Seems like a worse version of Kayle to me.

I'll give it a try later; I'm a diamond ADC main.
Well one key part of it seems to be the mid lane thing, since people will expect you to do AP damage instead and might try to counter or get magic resist accordingly. I'm not sure it would work as well bot lane.

Unless you meant you're trying it mid, in which case my apologies.

Of course I was last pick and was forced to support and lost. I told em I was bad at support and that my TF mid was a monster and showed em my lolking. Didn't matter, supported, we lost. My support win rate is probably like 20%.

Went 0-8-10 as Alistar. Rest of the team didn't do that great either. I should have just went to bed.

Blizzard

Banned
Of course I was last pick and was forced to support and lost. I told em I was bad at support and that my TF mid was a monster and showed em my lolking. Didn't matter, supported, we lost. My support win rate is probably like 20%.

Went 0-8-10 as Alistar. Rest of the team didn't do that great either. I should have just went to bed.
It can be tough to keep a good attitude in those situations. Sometimes even if you're great at a role, you won't get it. Also I think Alistar is one of (maybe THE) lowest win-rate supports right now, so that can make things tougher.

Moodmon

Neo Member

I see how this is. People pull crazy stuff like this and get lots of wins. To counter balance this, the lol gods decide to publish someone. Someone who plays properly. Probably on support.

I lost another 4 games in a row last night. Where is the uninstall button?

Problem with ad tf is you will just get wrecked if the other team has any idea. Your attack range is so short, and without a zhonyas you're incredibly vulnerable. If I picked a Vi and just ulted you at the start of the team fight you would be dead before you could do anything. Someone like Jarvan would also destroy you with your lack of escapes. Ap tf works because you get more burst, so you can use your ultimate to flank/gank/find an isolated target, then blow them up. In a team fight, you can ult onto the back line, stun their carry, deal considerable burst, then zhonyas to stall for your team. With ad tf you can never use your ult in that way if the other team has good positioning because you have no escapes or mobility.

I can see how he would snowball if you're playing against people much worse than you with his ultimate to help other lanes, but thing is there is very little he does better than other adcs. You could run vayne or twitch mid to more success.

Ferga

I got people to flash into my thresh hooks 6 times in one game by using the windup-in-the-opposite-direction trick

You might have called my trynd one lucky newt but I've become a god at this.

Look at how sad their bot lane is

NN3ErmU.png

zkylon

zkylewd
man i had a sweet play with lebonk against a fizz and a riven with like zhonyas hooks and super quick reflexes and game didn't record

rito pls i want replays and i want em now

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
What is the opportunity cost in this case though? Multiplicative scaling with crits+crit damage is usually better in the long run no?
only if you build more than two crit items or do cheaty things like auto attack between spinning axes.

in terms of spinning axes only, 3 bt's would [marginally] out-damage a bt/ie/pd and ofcourse have the lifesteal advantage. assuming you were fully stacked on both builds.

the big advantage of crit isnt damage over time though, it's getting that one important crit that keeps Fizz from perforating you.

Tizoc

jhjLG.jpg

A decent game, lasted longer than it should have though.

I kill pancake is secretly Herman Cain

+1 if you get the reference

For the sake of my sanity after having lost 2 games on ranked in the most bizarre of situations today: Mind providing some Twitch tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom