• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferga

Learn to trade with twitch. Know max range of autos and take advantage of that knowledge to get as many stacks as possible without receiving too much harass.

Incredibly easy to win trades with expunge

When you can, stealth into lane and 1v1 the enemy support or adc when you have ult.

It's near impossible for you to lose if you're even

only if you build more than two crit items or do cheaty things like auto attack between spinning axes.

in terms of spinning axes only, 3 bt's would [marginally] out-damage a bt/ie/pd and ofcourse have the lifesteal advantage. assuming you were fully stacked on both builds.

the big advantage of crit isnt damage over time though, it's getting that one important crit that keeps Fizz from perforating you.

I wasn't really speaking of Draven specifically, don't really know his mechanics very well.

Tizoc

@Ferga- I'll use the bushes more to try and get a few hits in thanks.

One of the tough things with dual bloodthirsters is that you will lose lots of AD each time you die.

You'd be losing what 60 AD? Already with 2 Bloodthirsters your attack power is boosted by 140, that's not such a huge trade off IMO >_>;

why would you ever buy two Bloodthirsters though?

On any ADC, never mind Twitch.

Let's take Twitch for example. One Bloodthirster on Twitch is not a guarantee, never mind two. These are in no particular order btw.

You want Blade of the Ruined King for the attack speed, lifesteal and the active as it gives you a tonne of pick potential, as well as the passive % HP damage.

You want a Phantom Dancer/Statikk Shiv for the attack speed, crit chance and movement speed.

You want a IE for the crit damage and crit chance as well as a decent amount of raw AD as it ups your DPS massively, especially when you're ulting an entire team.

You want a Last Whisper for the massive armour penetration. Again, necessary.

You need boots for the mobility and attack speed, as well as the utility boot enchantments give.

Then you have one item slot left. It's here where you could fit in one BT, but you probably want a defensive item because Twitch is an immobile, vulnerable ADC.

I don't see where you're ever fitting in a second Bloodthirster there. The raw AD is not worth it over the necessary stats from other items, not to mention as Leezard says if you die, that's a tonne of your power and that item's value lost until you can farm it again.

In terms of Draven, you want BT, PD, Last Whisper, IE, Boots and a defensive item, because again you're immobile and vulnerable. You should never be buying two BTs.

liezryou

Dammit i think my EU accounts got hacked... Haven't logged onto to them for a little under 2 years. My US accounts are fine, but i logged on to them a couple of months. Sent a support request but i don't remember all the details >.<. I sent alot of "this or that or that"; hopefully I'll still be able to get my accounts back

Leezard

@Ferga- I'll use the bushes more to try and get a few hits in thanks.

You'd be losing what 60 AD? Already with 2 Bloodthirsters your attack power is boosted by 140, that's not such a huge trade off IMO >_>;

I was about to write something, but Phillip explained it very well.

You can use a BoTRK/BT as your defensive item in certain situations, but you'll always want the one you didn't get first.

ADC damage is all about min-maxing since your damage scales by four stats multiplying each other. Too much of anything will just handicap you.

Have you guys ever seen a Yorick support trying to rush into 2-on-1 battles alone?

You don't want to. Long story short, he goes 1/18/3 and fucks his entire team over.

On the plus side, I'm fairly comfortable with Sivir now. Just need to work on practicing when to hit her Spell Shield in fights.

what's the diff between a kill and assist? less points?

Less gold. Kills grant 300g (more or less depending on kill/deathstreaks). Assists grant more or less 180g distributed among every teammate who assisted.

It is why you want to have someone to get an assist whenever possible. You'll miss out on that extra 180g for your team if you selfishly kill someone.

Blizzard

Banned
I got people to flash into my thresh hooks 6 times in one game by using the windup-in-the-opposite-direction trick

You might have called my trynd one lucky newt but I've become a god at this.

Look at how sad their bot lane is

NN3ErmU.png
Stupid question, how does that trick work? Can you click at the last moment of the windup to change the direction?

Tizoc

why would you ever buy two Bloodthirsters though?

On any ADC, never mind Twitch.

Let's take Twitch for example. One Bloodthirster on Twitch is not a guarantee, never mind two. These are in no particular order btw.

You want Blade of the Ruined King for the attack speed, lifesteal and the active as it gives you a tonne of pick potential, as well as the passive % HP damage.

You want a Phantom Dancer/Statikk Shiv for the attack speed, crit chance and movement speed.

You want a IE for the crit damage and crit chance as well as a decent amount of raw AD as it ups your DPS massively, especially when you're ulting an entire team.

You want a Last Whisper for the massive armour penetration. Again, necessary.

You need boots for the mobility and attack speed, as well as the utility boot enchantments give.

Then you have one item slot left. It's here where you could fit in one BT, but you probably want a defensive item because Twitch is an immobile, vulnerable ADC.

I don't see where you're ever fitting in a second Bloodthirster there. The raw AD is not worth it over the necessary stats from other items, not to mention as Leezard says if you die, that's a tonne of your power and that item's value lost until you can farm it again.

In terms of Draven, you want BT, PD, Last Whisper, IE, Boots and a defensive item, because again you're immobile and vulnerable. You should never be buying two BTs.
Good points, but mind you I was never gonna make 2 BTs on Twitch, yeah I'd consider it as a final item, but I bring it up as I've seen it in a match where I lost to a Fiora that went with those 2 items.

it must be a Nordic EU thing cuz I recall seeing a Mundo that went double Randuin's too lol.

Mandoric

Banned
nope...sona

That's a good Sona score for a new player. Ironically, you'll want to work on turning those 3 kills into assists if possible (often pretty hard in low ranks - it's always better to take a kill for yourself than for the kill not to happen at all, and lowbie ADCs often have a lot of issues finishing the job.)

Brutalx2

That's a good Sona score for a new player. Ironically, you'll want to work on turning those 3 kills into assists if possible (often pretty hard in low ranks - it's always better to take a kill for yourself than for the kill not to happen at all, and lowbie ADCs often have a lot of issues finishing the job.)

that's true but i rely on the player i am supporting. for example i went bot with ashe and it went terrible, i went with Jinx and we dominated the lane so badly i fell sorry for them (1/2/26), it was beautiful!

Tizoc

Got Ryze during an ARAM match and I liked what I played of him. The combining of his Abilities is rather fun, but at best I just mashed buttons. Should I start my combos with his W or his Q though? I get I should Activate his Ulti as his 2nd ability though.

Mandoric

Banned
that's true but i rely on the player i am supporting. for example i went bot with ashe and it went terrible, i went with Jinx and we dominated the lane so badly i fell sorry for them (1/2/26), it was beautiful!

Yep! That's the good and bad part of playing a support, especially a bully/sustain support like Sona. Your job is to leave the enemy weak enough that your carry can take them down, while keeping your carry strong enough to make impressive plays. If you don't have good coordination, or if you end up with an iffy character choice like Ashe, you'll just end up spinning your wheels or being caught out when you try to harass.

Tizoc

What champ should I get next with my IP, Orianna or Cass? Cass looks quite fun but I'm not sure.

Oriana is pretty strong from what I've seen so I recommend her. She's fun and can get Penta kills if the opposition is dumb enough to stick real close together.

Yeah, the thing I've learned is that not only are there syngeries between champions (ex. Ashe and Braum are a great pair) but between players as well, and that's a little more up to their skill level. If you get a good support as ADC or vice versa, it makes bot a lot, lot easier. I've had bottom lane duos that should have worked go poorly because my support is struggling and I've had odd combinations work beautifully because the other player knows positioning and how to take advantage of it.

In that last game, for example, our Malphite was playing mid and making a lot of the calls, and the was timing them perfectly. There were several times we saw them push all in on mid and we forced them back, which bought us enough time to finish off our builds and start killing them en masse.

Edwardo

Got Ryze during an ARAM match and I liked what I played of him. The combining of his Abilities is rather fun, but at best I just mashed buttons. Should I start my combos with his W or his Q though? I get I should Activate his Ulti as his 2nd ability though.

qewq is best

Problem with ad tf is you will just get wrecked if the other team has any idea. Your attack range is so short, and without a zhonyas you're incredibly vulnerable. If I picked a Vi and just ulted you at the start of the team fight you would be dead before you could do anything. Someone like Jarvan would also destroy you with your lack of escapes. Ap tf works because you get more burst, so you can use your ultimate to flank/gank/find an isolated target, then blow them up. In a team fight, you can ult onto the back line, stun their carry, deal considerable burst, then zhonyas to stall for your team. With ad tf you can never use your ult in that way if the other team has good positioning because you have no escapes or mobility.

I can see how he would snowball if you're playing against people much worse than you with his ultimate to help other lanes, but thing is there is very little he does better than other adcs. You could run vayne or twitch mid to more success.
NO NO NO!
These are the same things I've heard many times... "attack range too short", "no escape", etc.

This part specifically is where you're dead wrong and you just have to trust me:

Ap tf works because you get more burst, so you can use your ultimate to flank/gank/find an isolated target, then blow them up.

BRO LISTEN, AD TF can 1vs1 any champ in the game. What you just described is exactly what I do. Ultimate to flank, gank, find an isolated target and then eviscerate them in 2 seconds. You have to trust me.

People add me after games, they ask for my runes, I never had that happen before. THE DAMAGE IS THAT INSANE. They are in disbelief at how much damage he does, it's unbelievable.

Assuming this is a combo that can repeat itself, why leave the 'bind' for last? Why not bind them first?

You can if you trying to catch but you have to remember Ryze's passive.Q CD without any CD reduction is about 3 seconds. Additional spells reduce the cooldown by 1 second. If you throw Q first, your W will reduce the cooldown of Q by 1 second so you will be able to cast Q again at the end of your combo for additional damage.

zkylon

zkylewd
What champ should I get next with my IP, Orianna or Cass? Cass looks quite fun but I'm not sure.
hmm it's hard, they're both are lots of fun, ori's a bit more meta but you can melt people with cass, specially if you catch them off-guard

they're both pretty cheap so you'll be able to buy em both relatively quick anyways

Newt

I got people to flash into my thresh hooks 6 times in one game by using the windup-in-the-opposite-direction trick

You might have called my trynd one lucky newt but I've become a god at this.

Look at how sad their bot lane is
Fiddle supp. Pls.

Tizoc

Yo zkylon, look up Zac x Riven fanart, seen a lot of that over the net.

Well this ought to be fun.
I'm against a Jungle Yorick and a bot Twitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom