• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Thanks for the info guys, is Patch 4.10 rolling out today? Gonna try out new Bloodthirster on Twitch instead of BoRK.

tm24

So, couple questions from me:

• Best default item build for support Morgana? I'm still working out one that fits for me, and I've got her mechanics down alright now, so I think that's the last little bit I need to come up with. Funny enough, the positioning tactics I've learned with my ADC play have become quite useful as a support, too.

• Apparently i have over 56 games played as morg this season. Usually start with Spelltheif/3 pots/1 mana pot/ward trinket. Will get 2 pots and a ward if i think the jungler is gonna be more aggressive. My first rush buy is Spellblade so i can further get that early gold advantage. Then I'll get sightstone/mobi boots/mikaels and finish my FQC. From there, it's all of matter of who's on my team. Is there someone else who can engage? If not, i get Zhonyas for my ult. If i got someone else, Twin Shadows to make disengage as hard as possible. Basically, my goal isnt doing magic damage, it's to be super annoying in every way

Tizoc

BoTRK will amost certainly still be better, specially since the proc got buffed.

no...

it got nerfed

I don't give a shit I'm just gonna try it out in at least one game, then go back to using BoRK.
BORKedit.jpeg

Jeff-DSA

I'm too lazy to research, just give me my best builds for MF and Ziggs so I can win my third promotion tonight.

THANKS, LOVE YOU ALL.

drawkcaB

I think it's more accurate to say that the BotRK changes align it more with the items original intent and whether it's better or worse depends on the champ. That said I'd expect the active nerf will hurt more champs (particularly fighters/bruisers) than the passive buff will help.

Ferrio said:
Also wonder if dorans will be thrown to the side for longswords or other things now. Doesn't seem worth it anymore.

Depends on the lane. I suspect that bot lane will still need Doran's blade since it's the only good source of HP for ADCs, which is very important because the prevalence of catch & kill supports isn't going to be impacted by this patch. Not sure however if you should start doran's though as an ADC, probably champ dependent.

Tizoc

I'm too lazy to research, just give me my best builds for MF and Ziggs so I can win my third promotion tonight.

THANKS, LOVE YOU ALL.
Ziggs build is pretty simple.
Start with Athene's Holy grail for MR and Cooldown.
Then you build the usual AP items: Z. Hourglass, Rabadon, Void Staff, boots is Magic penetration of course.
Final item can be an armor, although Lich Bane is also build on Ziggs since it works well with his passive.

Miss Fortune is the usual AD stuff: Atk spd boots+Statik or Phantom+BoRK, etc.

Looking at Bischu playing Nid, she looks fucking retarded.

Also
Killing a unit while in Cougar form reduces Pounce’s current cooldown to 1 second if it is currently higher
Who thought this was a good idea lol

Once she gets some AP she's basically gonna turn into Yasuo. Count me in!
Also wonder if dorans will be thrown to the side for longswords or other things now. Doesn't seem worth it anymore.
Not happening. With how hard lifesteal will be to get now, having a DBlade to just sit in your inventory will be too valuable.

Ferrio

Banned
Ziggs build is pretty simple.
Start with Athene's Holy grail for MR and Cooldown.

Rushing athenes may no longer be something you want to do.

Not happening. With how hard lifesteal will be to get now, having a DBlade to just sit in your inventory will be too valuable.

Maybe... but how much are you really going to sustain from it early game? Might be better to pots and longsword, then grab a doran after you've scaled up a bit? Overall this sounds like the healer supports might get a big comeback.

If Athene's isn't good anymore people will just buy Morello's instead.

It's not like mages have other CDR options. I always liked Morello's better due to the price anyways.

Tizoc

Rushing athenes may no longer be something you want to do.

Maybe... but how much are you really going to sustain from it early game? Might be better to pots and longsword, then grab a doran after you've scaled up a bit? Overall this sounds like the healer supports might get a big comeback.

lol I JUST know read the changes to Athene's XD.

Any characters you plan on trying Essence Reaver on?

Blizzard

Banned
I thought they improved doran's? Why would they be thrown to the side? Is it okay if I still buy 4 of them?

Also, does anyone have advice about laning against Fiora with a non-Jax, non-Pantheon, non-Renekton melee character if you have no jungler support? She seems capable of easily getting 400-500 AD and can duel quite well. One of my biggest problems is figuring out how not to feed, since the lane gets frozen near her tower if I don't walk out, and if I do walk out the double dash will kill me.

Also, is her counter only active when the little wind shield appears in front of her? I feel like something else (her speed boost, or attack speed boost?) makes a ringing noise, and whenever I hear that noise I am terrified that Fiora is going to counterattack me, so I don't really know when her counter is active.

drawkcaB

Pretty sure Dorans x2 + IE will be the standard build AA-ADC will be running at the start of 4.10

Definitely my default path on Tristana and Jinx from here on out until proven it's not the best. I have no idea what to build on Varus for the time being, probably the same.

Tizoc

I thought they improved doran's? Why would they be thrown to the side? Is it okay if I still buy 4 of them?

Also, does anyone have advice about laning against Fiora with a non-Jax, non-Pantheon, non-Renekton melee character if you have no jungler support? She seems capable of easily getting 400-500 AD and can duel quite well. One of my biggest problems is figuring out how not to feed, since the lane gets frozen near her tower if I don't walk out, and if I do walk out the double dash will kill me.

Also, is her counter only active when the little wind shield appears in front of her? I feel like something else (her speed boost, or attack speed boost?) makes a ringing noise, and whenever I hear that noise I am terrified that Fiora is going to counterattack me, so I don't really know when her counter is active.
Whenever you see the wind shield it means the counter is active.

Ferrio

Banned
Been playing irelia a lot lately, and this is a damn good patch for I'd say. She really doesn't gain much out of it, but the nerfs to life steal makes her W a lot more valuable.

Jeff-DSA

Play Teemo and you can troll her all game long. Even when her Riposte is active, the poison will still hurt her and you can trade well. I love Fiora, I play her a ton, but if someone counter picks me with a Teemo, I pretty have to have a decent jungler to win that match up.

Ferrio

Banned
Play Teemo and you can troll her all game long. Even when her Riposte is active, the poison will still hurt her and you can trade well. I love Fiora, I play her a ton, but if someone counter picks me with a Teemo, I pretty have to have a decent jungler to win that match up.

I'd think you'd win that matchup soon as you hit six though. Just bait the blind and ult after.

Looking for non-feeding EU player to duo with so I can try and secure support given its been taken away form me in the last three games. Will pay with hard carrys.

Tizoc

I wonder what my ping'd be like if I play against EU West peoples...

Couple of questions:
1- Is Leona ever played Mid or as an AP champ?
2- What're the disadvantages to playing Jungle Nunu?

DeadNames

Banned
What do you guys think of Aatrox for a top laner? He looks interesting but I can't decide if I should get him.

He's okay IMO. He can snowball his LANE really hard, but a fed aatrox isn't scary compared to a fed irelia or something. He can't really hard carry games. His early game can be good if you play it right, but he can fall REALLY behind. He's got sona level base stats as a melee, so he can be free food when shut down.

He's got a deceptively high skillcap. People often shrug him off as being faceroll, but that's not true at all.

1. No. She's melee with little way to escape ganks and doesn't scale well with AP. If Leona gets rich she would normally go CDR/tank to make use of her W resists and heavy CC. A damage focused build would be less effective in most situations. Her passive requires an ally to be with her for it to do anything too.
2. You do little damage and become a second support very quickly. Your clear speed drops off hard after the first clear or so. You need to understand the game well to be effective (more than other junglers) as you are tower and objective focused, and need to work with your allies to succeed. You have no hard CC and many champions with dashes/blinks are almost impossible for Nunu to gank with the snowball unless they heavily overextend. You require a good AD carry who scales with Attack Speed to be useful late game. Nunu is actually fairly strong but moreso in coordinated play than in solo queue. Sometimes when Riot changes the jungle to make buff steals and counter jungling more effective there will be an outbreak of Nunu players out to ruin their fellow junglers' days.

Apparently i have over 56 games played as morg this season. Usually start with Spelltheif/3 pots/1 mana pot/ward trinket. Will get 2 pots and a ward if i think the jungler is gonna be more aggressive. My first rush buy is Spellblade so i can further get that early gold advantage. Then I'll get sightstone/mobi boots/mikaels and finish my FQC. From there, it's all of matter of who's on my team. Is there someone else who can engage? If not, i get Zhonyas for my ult. If i got someone else, Twin Shadows to make disengage as hard as possible. Basically, my goal isnt doing magic damage, it's to be super annoying in every way

Jax skill order is RWQE

I love AD caster build on ARAM Ashe so much.

1. The usual stuff (Mobi/Ionian, Sightstone, Crucible, FQC). The rest is situational. Zhonya is nice to have but is not as mandatory compared to mid Morg.
2. AA-Q-AA. Get a feel on Q bounce. Rush BT.
3. RWQE.

Thanks :) And I'll have to check out the AD caster build on Ashe for ARAM myself as well. I used a regular ADC build with her during the One For All event and it worked out fantastic, so that was my initial plan if I got her in ARAM as well.

Tizoc

What do you guys think of Aatrox for a top laner? He looks interesting but I can't decide if I should get him.

I lost against 2 Jungle Aatrox players, dunno how effective Jungle Aatrox is though sad to say.

He is def. a high skill cap character as you need to be careful when playing and not waste his passive.

I need an Sona avatar, love her using her auras and actual doing some real damage with her passives.

I think her main problem is no one notices which her pasive abilities are in effect, her W mostly

New skins on PBE and looks like the SR VU too!

Headhunter Caitlyn (Zeronis' skin?)
Hazmat Heimerdinger
Soulstealer Vlad

Will steal pictures from S@20 post pics when available

Edwardo

I need an Sona avatar, love her using her auras and actual doing some real damage with her passives.

I think her main problem is no one notices which her pasive abilities are in effect, her W mostly

Zkylon should have a bunch. I think his dropbox is listed as his website in his profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom