• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Wasn't there some talk a good while ago about fixing certain champion sizes, like Vladimir being too small and Brand being too big? Has that pretty much been abandoned by now?

Ghost is Bad said:
he has decent ganks and decent clears but the problem is that he is so weak in the jungle. If Lee/Elise counter jungle him and meet him, he can't fight.

Pretty much. Aatrox needs items in order to take advantage of what his kit offers. Until then he's vulnerable. Playing him in the jungle slows his itemization down. Best games I had with him where when I would get Bloodrazor, skip Wriggle's and immediately go for either BotRK or Hydra, then build SotAG.

Being around 50% health levels 3-7 the entire time because of how his kit works doesn't help his dueling. He's honestly a solid jungler with several build paths and can fit in lots of teamcomps. You aren't gimping your team with the pick, just recognize that you need early successful ganks to power through his mid-game.

OOooooo Nightmare bots for CS practicing.

here's some more Vlad:

vlad1.jpg

...aaaaaaaaaaaaand Hazmat Heimer:

garath

here's some more Vlad:

...aaaaaaaaaaaaand Hazmat Heimer:

Holy crap. That Vlad skin is sweet. I thought it was a VU from first glance.

How can I justify it though. Who plays Vlad anymore?? It would be worse than buying the Heartseeker Ashe skin. At least that one was semi-limited.

Ferrio

Banned
Rly? I've never even tried e first.

E was a great start. Allows mobility and high damage harass at lvl 1. Start Q and you have to play passive.

Still a good chance I'll take it over Q.... if anything it means I'll feel less obligated to get 4 stacks.

zkylon

zkylewd
i predict adcs will go stupid this patch

i was gonna make a stupid bet like changing my avatar to ziggs for a week or something if it didn't happen but ehh

brian!

putting points in e just gives you a better 1-6 on yas which was a big problem i had when i played him, i would also inadvertently push with q and get frozen out a lot
u don gotta max it tho
it allows him to last hit, generate shield faster, be able to e again on a targer faster, and I guess you can cheese out the opponent if they are bad

Edwardo

Teams with Braum and Skarner are gonna be silly.

i mean level whatever you use better, if you're having success with q use that, it just doesnt fit how i play him early on

Ya i'll at least try E to see how it feels. I'm generally ahead in cs when I max Q tho.

Newt

We're introducing a new restriction for ranked duo queues so players can only duo queue with teammates ranked within one full tier above or below them. We found that the vast majority of duos are already between players within these thresholds and this change allows us to curb some of the potential abuse cases we saw under the previous matchmaking system.

In the case of unseeded players, the new system will allow for duo queuing with Gold, Silver and Bronze players while their skill level is still being assessed. After they've been placed, the usual restrictions will apply.
Players may only queue for ranked duo games with players ranked within one full tier above or below them. For example, a Silver III player may duo with players ranked anywhere from Bronze V to Gold I.
Unseeded players who were ranked in solo queue during the previous season will use that rank to determine duo eligibility.
Unseeded players who have never been ranked in solo queue are able to duo queue with Gold, Silver or Bronze players.
They actually went with this piece of shit change. So stupid.

Well time to level my smurf and stomp low ELO.

zkylon

zkylewd
it really stings that they have a flay change that isn't fucking fixing the dam spell

got me all excited for a stupid new icon

Blizzard

Banned
They actually went with this piece of shit change. So stupid.

Well time to level my smurf and stomp low ELO.
Why is this stupid? It seems as though (per your accounts?) both dodging and duo queues are significant helps when playing ranked. Would it be a bad thing to eliminate them or at least curb some abuse cases?

And specifically about this change, do you regularly duo with gold players while you are in diamond? That seems a bit unfair to the players you would be matched against if you can consistently carry at that level.

Newt

Why is this stupid? It seems as though (per your accounts?) both dodging and duo queues are significant helps when playing ranked. Would it be a bad thing to eliminate them or at least curb some abuse cases?

And specifically about this change, do you regularly duo with gold players while you are in diamond? That seems a bit unfair to the players you would be matched against if you can consistently carry at that level.
I don't know why you're under the impression duo q makes ranked easier. If you're both playing on legit accounts, ranked is just as tough, sometimes even harder. Dodging is a risk/reward thing, it also doesn't directly make ranked easier.

About a 1/3 of my ranked games are that of duo with Gold players. I don't feel like I'm abusing the system at all.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know why you're under the impression duo q makes ranked easier.
That doesn't answer any of my questions -- why is this change bad? Did you as diamond regularly duo with gold or lower? If so why or why not?

To be fair the other questions are a bit unrelated.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Teams with Braum and Skarner are gonna be silly.
They kind of have different use cases, and because they aren't something that can be completely controlled it's difficult to stack them to proc one after the other. Skarner's team fight will probably be pretty strong though.

Edwardo

They kind of have different use cases, and because they aren't something that can be completely controlled it's difficult to stack them to proc one after the other. Skarner's team fight will probably be pretty strong though.

True. Good point.

drawkcaB

That said, having them both peel for a fed ADC...mother of god.

Hm, not sure where the new support item will fit in with me. A Nami heal into E + 25% AS boost appears too silly to turn down. The 800g tax on Mikael's is pretty rough but you do get that 10%CDR in return and the extra MP5.

Conversely, the new 10% CDR from MC eats into Morello's worth and I really like the 20%/MP5/passive on Nami for giving Ebb and Flow that extra potency. I might actually try a few normals before diving in.

brian!

i thought edwardo was just commenting on the absurdity of seeing a crystalz skarn and mustachioed circus guy hanging out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CRS

Not a fan of the changes on Randuin's Omen. I would understand a decrease of the movement speed debuff from the passive, but removing it all together? Not a fan of this ADC patch with the exception of the Nid rework.

Can't wait to try her out in the jungle tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom