• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
R - Buster Shot
UTILITY Range now scales with level (like Draw a Bead/Explosive Shot)
So no word on the edge-to-edge thingy? And even if it's the case, it'll probably be a nerf at level 6 anyways?

zky may I have a word

zkylon

zkylewd
i love the athene's patchnotes

ziggs is stupid so let's nerf all the mages!

yup

So no word on the edge-to-edge thingy? And even if it's the case, it'll probably be a nerf at level 6 anyways?

zky may I have a word
range now scales with level, no mention of it being reduced aka net buff

red posts already said it dood

you're just thinking nasty things cos you have information from pbe you're not supposed to have :3

Leezard

Not a fan of the changes on Randuin's Omen. I would understand a decrease of the movement speed debuff from the passive, but removing it all together? Not a fan of this ADC patch with the exception of the Nid rework.

Can't wait to try her out in the jungle tho.

It was originally an anti-kiting item in S1 when Ashe reigned supreme, but considering mobility and sticking power on bruisers nowadays it might not be needed.

Nevertheless, this patch is such a buff to adcs.

zky may I have a word
They said in a riot post on the forums that it would be a buff even at lvl 6 .

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know why you're under the impression duo q makes ranked easier. If you're both playing on legit accounts, ranked is just as tough, sometimes even harder. Dodging is a risk/reward thing, it also doesn't directly make ranked easier.

About a 1/3 of my ranked games are that of duo with Gold players. I don't feel like I'm abusing the system at all.
I see you edited to add some more details, did not realize I replied too early.

You don't feel like you are abusing the system, but the people you play against may disagree with you. I guess the question would be, why would you want to play with a gold player in ranked? If they're diamond or platinum skill level, they will eventually get there on their own, statistically. If not, then you're mixing levels which makes for mismatched ranked games, and the possibility of you carrying (as an diamond-level carry main) most of your games.

There is also the possibility that you just like playing with certain people because of personality, and that's great -- normal draft lets people do that without any concern of ranked game balance abuse, one way or the other.

I think overall it is a fair change.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
i love the athene's patchnotes

ziggs is stupid so let's nerf all the mages!

Morrellon is still really good for mid if you need to spam and mana regen. Only reason no one got it is because athene is too good, and there are no reason to get a second cdr item.

Jeff-DSA

what?

Ziggs is way dumber than Ori. lol.

his wave clear with mines and Q is insane.

Yeah, his wave clear is unmatched, but he's not nearly as well rounded. Once Ori gets fed she can burst an enemy down so much faster and contribute in more ways.

I play a ton of Ziggs, and I think his clear ability is kind of silly, but he has plenty of disadvantages that can be exploited both early and late.

Leezard

Grail has had a pretty heavy influence on who gets run mid. Ziggs, Nidalee, Lulu, TF, Ori...

So mages won't have an easy "anti-mage" item that gives them everything else they want, or at least it won't be just as good as before. I wonder what mid laners we might be able to see now.

drawkcaB

I dont' see the Grail nerfs as being that big of a deal. The champions that want to build it are still going to be good. If I had to guess which champions this impacts most I'd have to say burst reliant mages (Annie, Brand, etc.). Ori, Ziggs, and the gang may have to vary their build paths every now and the and go RoA when behind or in a tough match-up.

Jeff-DSA

I dont' see the Grail nerfs as being that big of a deal. The champions that want to build it are still going to be good. If I had to guess which champions this impacts most I'd have to say burst reliant mages (Annie, Brand, etc.).

I'm not too worried about it with Ziggs, to be honest. I play him fairly safe anyway. It will make him noticeably worse for aggressive players or for people who don't know how to stay on the back lines in team fights.

Ori is FAR more of a problem than Ziggs unless the Ziggs player has like a 90% bouncing bomb hit rate.
What? Ori isn't a problem and hasn't been a problem in 3 years.

90% bomb hit rate? The hitbox on that thing is finnicky, he can clear waves from miles away and it has pretty much no cooldown at max rank. With blue and Athene's he can just throw that shit like Nidalee spears with impunity.

zkylon

zkylewd
this is a big nerf to ziggs against APs
ziggs has 1400 range 4s cd waveclear, plus his w. he's not getting harassed and 15 mr didn't save him from lebonk before and it won't be changed now. he doesn't have to be nowhere near close to danger for the mr to matter.

on the other hand, every other athenes user that had to actually get sort of close to kill minions like orianna or syndra or whatever now is even more exposed to ziggs' uncontested poke.

you know, half the time against ziggs you're pushed against turret or just trying to deal with his push, so it's not like trading against him is something that happens.

and even if it was a nerf, it's a widespread mage nerf to the point it still makes ziggs be the same against everyone

Morello's buff is a buff against ADs
5 more ap in exchange for 2 mana regen. cmon dude :p

and Treeline too. Which Ziggs is already dumb on. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
i don't play tt so no idea

Grail has had a pretty heavy influence on who gets run mid. Ziggs, Nidalee, Lulu, TF, Ori...
tbh i don't disagree with athenes needing a nerf too, i just think it's not the right one, specially in the context of ziggs being out of control

i think they should nerf the mana regen, maybe. or buff/make more offensive options. i bet nerfing the mr won't make people fight more, it'll make people fight less

i'm thinking that they could change the mr from athenes to like a more interactive passive or something

Ori is FAR more of a problem than Ziggs unless the Ziggs player has like a 90% bouncing bomb hit rate.
the hell you talkin' about :/

ori is a good champion, ziggs is a no interaction waveclear bot :/

Morrellon is still really good for mid if you need to spam and mana regen. Only reason no one got it is because athene is too good, and there are no reason to get a second cdr item.
yea tear+morellos is the alternative against ad

still the choice you make right now is pretty shit because of how the mage role works

you're supposed to waveclear, there's two options for waveclearing and one's just safer and stronger early-mid game. like the seraph shield is nice but you shouldn't necessarily need it.

Jeff-DSA

Honestly, Ziggs has some hard counters. You either ban him if you're so scared of him or you counter pick him. Anybody with a strong gap close like Leblanc (but what does that matter, she's banned) or Talon are a nightmare. Yasuo is always going to crush a Ziggs. Syndra is someone I get cold sweats just thinking about. Plenty of junglers are scary for Ziggs, but that's a little out of your control if your jungler won't hammer mid for you.

I do think Ziggs could use another nerf to his E and that they should increase the damage on his satchel, but make it so it doesn't knock up/stun the enemy. Make him a little more dangerous to play and his damage output is fully justified.

Honestly, Ziggs has some hard counters. You either ban him if you're so scared of him or you counter pick him. Anybody with a strong gap close like Leblanc (but what does that matter, she's banned) or Talon are a nightmare. Yasuo is always going to crush a Ziggs. Syndra is someone I get cold sweats just thinking about. Plenty of junglers are scary for Ziggs, but that's a little out of your control if your jungler won't hammer mid for you.

I do think Ziggs could use another nerf to his E and that they should increase the damage on his satchel, but make it so it doesn't knock up/stun the enemy. Make him a little more dangerous to play and his damage output is fully justified.
You probably just faced shitty Syndras since Ziggs is her worst match up by far.

The only real counter to Ziggs is Yasuo. Everyone else he can play safe and they can't do shit.

zkylon

zkylewd
quqo.jpg

best pbe patch ever

You probably just faced shitty Syndras since Ziggs is her worst match up by far.

The only real counter to Ziggs is Yasuo. Everyone else he can play safe and they can't do shit.
pretty much

Newt

I see you edited to add some more details, did not realize I replied too early.

You don't feel like you are abusing the system, but the people you play against may disagree with you. I guess the question would be, why would you want to play with a gold player in ranked? If they're diamond or platinum skill level, they will eventually get there on their own, statistically. If not, then you're mixing levels which makes for mismatched ranked games, and the possibility of you carrying (as an diamond-level carry main) most of your games.

There is also the possibility that you just like playing with certain people because of personality, and that's great -- normal draft lets people do that without any concern of ranked game balance abuse, one way or the other.

I think overall it is a fair change.
Mismatched games? A diamond 5 player playing with Plat II players? Not much of a skill difference.

Mothman91

So for the second time today, I have this random disconnect/reconnecting issue come up. Can't go back in, and sooner or later my game ends. I don't see it in my match history.

wtf is happening?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So for the second time today, I have this random disconnect/reconnecting issue come up. Can't go back in, and sooner or later my game ends. I don't see it in my match history.

wtf is happening?
I get these, but I see them in my match history. :(

wtf is happening?

that sounds sorta like drop hacking.

-------------------------------------------------------------

this patch is like a gigabyte holy shit

brian!

you're getting drophacked

i dont understand why ppl would stop building athenes just cause they took out 15 mr, it still has that mana regen passive right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom