• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
New minions, so cute. lol.

red2.jpg

Reminds me of the jawa from star wars.

And the blue minions looks a bit like shy guys (super mario)

wouldnt syndra do well against ziggs
He never has to get anywhere near her. Pre-6 he shits on her if he just pushes, she takes several levels before she can wave clear consistently. If he feels like actually laning against her. he'll easily outtrade her early thanks to his passive and more reliable harass.

Post 6 she's not getting near him if Ziggs knows what he's doing. He can't kill him, can't stop him from farming, will get outsieged and eventually lose. It's a nightmare.

Blizzard

Banned
Mismatched games? A diamond 5 player playing with Plat II players? Not much of a skill difference.
Who said anything about that combination? You're still allowed to queue with anyone from platinum V up to challenger.

My point about diamond + gold was, why would you want to do that? If they're platinum or diamond, they'll get there on their own, and you get your even games. If they're gold or worse, then Riot is just enforcing a more level playing field. For mismatched games, there is still normal draft -- doesn't that have its own MMR? You can still practice all you want there if you're duoing for the personality of your partner.

zkylon

zkylewd
syndra is not that bad of a matchup against ziggs cos her waveclear is pretty decent early on

i have a lot more trouble with lux and ori since they just inevitably get pushed to turret until like level 8 or something

brian!

He never has to get anywhere near her. Pre-6 he shits on her if he just pushes, she takes several levels before she can wave clear consistently. If he feels like actually laning against her. he'll easily outtrade her early thanks to his passive and more reliable harass.

Post 6 she's not getting near him if Ziggs knows what he's doing. He can't kill him, can't stop him from farming, will get outsieged and eventually lose. It's a nightmare.

iunno it just sounds like you're saying he doesnt have to get killed
i feel like syndra can move in and q him pretty easily but i dont really play either champ
i mean syndra doesnt have to stand still to hit her q and her e is pretty instant, i can only imagine scenarios where syndra is dodging his shit and hitting him for free

if you're talking about just general utility for the game id definitely say ziggs is better, but syndra's kit is also not the worst for dealing with the situations he creates

Ferrio

Banned
i feel like syndra can move in and q him pretty easily but i dont really play either champ
i mean syndra doesnt have to stand still to hit her q and her e is pretty instant, i can only imagine scenarios where syndra is dodging his shit and hitting him for free

if you're talking about just general utility for the game id definitely say ziggs is better, but syndra's kit is also not the worst for dealing with the situations he creates

Ziggs q range is longer than syndras even without the bounces. He can stay at max range and just pelt her. At that point she has to land an e. Even then he pushes tower faster.

The thing is that at the same range you can Q him he can auto Q you and always win the trade. Also Dark Spheres are easier to dodge than Bouncing Bombs so you might lose even if he doesn't use his passive.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's there for syndra's benefit is the ability to waveclear fast enough that ziggs doesn't become a problem for her but also that she can set up ganks really well with the crazy range on her stun. if you don't let yourself get pushed, dodge enough bombs and stun ziggs for your lee sin to come one shot him then you're fine

one on one tho, ziggs will just take a step back every time you take a step forward and you don't really have much kill potential against him. you can use that to freeze the lane and stuff but it would take a pretty big mistake for ziggs to get qe'd by you which is pretty much all your kill pressure pre-6.

It's been funny watching TheOddOne have a higher winrate playing Ziggs mid than jungling because of how stupid he is. If it's a weak matchup, bully the hell out of the other guy and win lane. If it's even/bad, or you get camped, just clear all day and play farmville. You will be more useful later and (obviously) can easily stall out the game unless your team falls super far behind.

Nothing more unfun than being 5k or so up against a team with a decent Ziggs. Far enough that you should be pushing the issue but not so far that you can dive without minions. Feels like there's no play unless you pull off an amazing dive or coordinate a splitpush (in solo queue, yeah, good luck). Even pro teams get stalled out by him when far ahead.

I play Ziggs every time I'm stuck with mid though if he isn't banned so I'm part of the problem. Might try banning him out and taking Annie or Akali with the Athene's nerfs.

Looking forward to trying some Cait and Ashe with Double Dorans -> IE on this patch. Like the look of the AD carry adjustments. Do not like that tank junglers are even further from relevance.

map's great.

looks super colourful in-game. everything is really clear and readability was massively improved.

animations on the jungle creeps look fucking awesome. gromp is my new best friend. the baron spawn animation is amazing.

Not a big fan of how the krugs (new double golems) look. they look really plain.

loads of awesome little touched to it.

kinda wish the water in the river reacted to characters moving on it.

map icons for jungle creeps are currently pretty off centre, but overall the new cleaner mini-map is great

dragon's more fun to fight against. haven't fought baron yet.

Ferrio

Banned
Regardless who wins that matchup, it's pretty clear athene nerf doesn't affect ziggs more than any other ap mid.

I gotta sit down and think what I wanna run with syndra now. Should I go chalice -> something else... or just go straight to a Morellonomicon or something. Not sure if forbidden idol is enough to support her mana costs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Regardless who wins that matchup, it's pretty clear athene nerf doesn't affect ziggs more than any other ap mid.

I gotta sit down and think what I wanna run with syndra now. Should I go chalice -> something else... or just go straight to a Morellonomicon or something.
yea it's hard to say

i don't think syndra's too good in this meta anyways

brian!

frog.jpg

this reminded me of closer for some reason

im glad

on syndra vs. ziggs, its not hard for her to just go aggressive when his q is down, but i guess ill drop this since i dont really kno the champs
wait someone explain the athenes nerf killing it as a rush item to me i dont really understand

Newt

Who said anything about that combination? You're still allowed to queue with anyone from platinum V up to challenger.

My point about diamond + gold was, why would you want to do that? If they're platinum or diamond, they'll get there on their own, and you get your even games. If they're gold or worse, then Riot is just enforcing a more level playing field. For mismatched games, there is still normal draft -- doesn't that have its own MMR? You can still practice all you want there if you're duoing for the personality of your partner.
I don't even understand what you're saying here. I duo with people because I think they're good.

zkylon

zkylewd
wait someone explain the athenes nerf killing it as a rush item to me i dont really understand
it'll still be the rush item, heal meta too lame to rush dfg on syndra

I don't even understand what you're saying here. I duo with people because I think they're good.
i think rito just wants to enforce their own method of gauging goodness

which is why i find it weird that it's based off tiers and not mmr, in which case i'd be 100% for

Watching the Reignofgaming stream of the new SR, and holy hell does it look like shit on low quality settings. Really glad I don't have to play on low anymore.

zkylon

zkylewd
just checked it out, you get that buff (40% i think?) until 15 secs, and it lasts like 5 more seconds or something i think

it doesn't decay, it's 40%, then just goes away at once after 5 seconds

zkylon

zkylewd
i still suck at jungling

drag is pretty scary

i like how jungle camps have like a "hey you found us!" animation but if you spy on em with like scrying orb you can see wolves sleeping and shit

so far i just feel like river looks kinda flat, the base and lanes are amazing

How does the game looks with everything in low? Just curious.
will take a couple pictures for you after i finish up my dinner

this actually was everything on very high except for shadows and i think antialiasing. but this is as high res as textures get

i might take a couple 2560x1440s later too

lemme know if u want me to check something out

I did. Don't think it would be reliable over gold elo, imo. Can see it working really well at lower elos where people don't have an answer to split pushing.
I don't really split push with him. I just carry the game. Did you use the exact same runes (29% attack speed + defense) and item build? I want you to try him late, late game and see just how unbelievable he is.

Why do I get the feeling Nidalee is still going to be a gigantic problem? She still does chunks of damage every 6 seconds (not counting CDR) and most of the rest of her kit got buffed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom