• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't even understand what you're saying here. I duo with people because I think they're good.
I'm trying to say, consider the motivation for why you were so upset at the change, and consider the players on the other team, how your games may affect them, and how they may feel about the matchup.

You keep bringing up different things instead of commenting on what I post, so perhaps I'm failing at communicating. For instance, you mentioned Diamond V and Platinum II. When did I (or anyone) mention that combination? You can still play it, so that can't be what you were upset about.

To respond to this specific post, you duo with people because you think they're good. Ergo, you think they're...diamond/platinum level good? If so, they'll get there and be able to duo under Riot's new system. If you think they're...gold level good? Well, that's not a well-matched game and that's what Riot's new system is trying to avoid.

I'm saying I think it will work itself out, while avoiding some abuse cases, and that seems to be Riot's overall goal.

On a personal note, tonight is a huge milestone for me: I finally unlocked the last 4800 IP champion. Only 6300 IP champions left!

Carry me pls, based Nami
Fj1GICL.png

It hurts to know that only in 6 defeats I didn't have afks/quitters. I did throw 2 games. But I haven't met another afker/quitter in a long time now. 5 wins, defeat, 2 more wins. So close to even my winrate.

And you know you're in trouble when Nami did almost more damage than anyone in your team. (I did 11k damage, Hecarim did the most damage of the other team... 12k)

Blizzard

Banned
I don't really split push with him. I just carry the game. Did you use the exact same runes (29% attack speed + defense) and item build? I want you to try him late, late game and see just how unbelievable he is.
I have tried several (4 to 8 so far?) games using the exact rune combination plus one crit rune. At silver level, I think the main problems I have run into are:

1. Assassins. For example, Fizz can nearly instakill you if you are in stun card range, with the added bonus that he can completely avoid the stun card while it's in flight, cancelling the whole idea of the build.

2. Junglers. Any competent jungler can realize that you will have no escape, especially if you try to 1v1 the mid laner, and can camp your lane to prevent you from pushing or fighting.

3. Ranged champions. Lux or Ziggs can safely clear waves faster than TF, while staying out of his attack range and doing poke damage. Lux for example can shield if you get close to stun, lock you in snare, and outburst you to instakill if you're not full health. With Ziggs in particular he was running masteries with speed boost, so I couldn't outrun him for trades or escapes.

Vague comparison: It seems to sometimes work in the sense that master yi, tryndamere, and udyr can work -- if you can get in range to 1v1 a squishy champion, you can do a lot of damage. But if they are good at positioning, farming, or avoiding CC, or ESPECIALLY if there is any sort of teamwork combination, picking off squishies with autoattacks may be very unreliable.

And you had a full build and still didn't dominate with mass kills? How many games did you play? There is no champ in the game that can beat AD TF 1v1 (assuming a stun) except like Jax.

Anyway, if I can play him up to Gold that makes me happy.

You could play ad top lane soraka up to gold if you wanted. Probably to Diamond if you were good enough.

Fact remains though that ad tf would get completely wrecked by a competent team. Your stun works briefly on one champion, it would do nothing in a teamfight with several champions coming at you. I mean literally all it takes is someone like Vi and you're rendered useless, you can't get into auto attack range with the enemy team without her being able to jump on you. If they have a strong AOE team your also screwed with no escapes. If a Jarvan ults you, you are literally forced to flash short of a great thresh lantern. So if the enemy team ran a J4+Ziggs/Rumble/Anivia/MF etc you would be destroyed.

I mean in some theoretical scenario where the enemy runs at you one at a time while letting you kite them, sure, it would work. But so would anything. What is it about ad tf that makes him so much better than any other squishy? I mean lets say you're going 1v1 with a Vayne, how do you deal with her? She would just pop ulti and go invis, condemn you against the wall, and you would be dead. And that is on a champion with infinitely better mobility and self peel, along with her %hp true damage passive.

It's just because you've been staring at these champs on the same background for multiple years, plus ones like Trist don't match the style at all. Hell, even that Syndra skin doesn't really match. You have to look at champs like Garen and Yi post-VU to find the consistency in the artstyle.

Edit: The textures also look almost hand-painted, so a bunch of pixel-y characters look wrong on it. I feel like the hand-painted-ness is also part of why it looks so crappy on low settings.

SZGF

Banned
It looks so wrong.

The champs don't look like they're actually there..... hard to explain.

Thats almost the point, really.

However, they've been doing the muted paint colour style on champion releases and VU for a while now.

But BARF at those low settings

Blizzard

Banned
I mean in some theoretical scenario where the enemy runs at you one at a time while letting you kite them, sure, it would work. But so would anything. What is it about ad tf that makes him so much better than any other squishy? I mean lets say you're going 1v1 with a Vayne, how do you deal with her? She would just pop ulti and go invis, condemn you against the wall, and you would be dead. And that is on a champion with infinitely better mobility and self peel, along with her %hp true damage passive.
Vayne may not be the best point of comparison though, since Vayne is widely known is a champion to be avoided in low-level matches and who is rarely played well.

What makes AD TF work to an extent is an unblockable (barring spellshield, Jax, Fizz, Braum etc. mechanics) point and click stun, combined with a built-in AS boost, combined with bonus damage every 4 attacks. The stun every 6-8 seconds is somewhat more reliable than Vayne's for example, since the rule of Vayne is presumably not to fight her in condemn range of walls.

With over 2.0 attack speed and 2 seconds of stun, you can get at least 4 infinity-edge boosted attacks (1-2 of them crits), at least one E boosted attack, the gold card bonus damage, and possibly the statikk shiv proc. If you're the highest level in the game it's decent damage, though I agree it depends on the other team letting you attack someone alone.

zkylon

zkylewd

so me and boko are trying to figure out if the color of flash after killing baron (pictured) correspond to the team that's killed it

it's weird that you're always blue team, even if you're playing on red side, so i couldn't test it on my own

anyone wants to help?

drawkcaB

plus ones like Trist don't match the style at all.

...for now. Git yer rockits in yer pockits!!

Got to try the new map. Bot and top lanes look fantastic at the corners. Mid looks pretty bland, but I need to check what my settings were. I never screwed around with them in the PBE and looking at zkylon's pic makes me think my settings are low-ish. "Red buff" jungles both look great, but not a fan of either "Blue buff" jungle. Both need more details on the cliffs, etc. Could use a bit more detail in the walking areas pretty much everywhere.

Blizzard said:
I'm trying to say, consider the motivation for why you were so upset at the change, and consider the players on the other team, how your games may affect them, and how they may feel about the matchup.

You keep bringing up different things instead of commenting on what I post, so perhaps I'm failing at communicating. For instance, you mentioned Diamond V and Platinum II. When did I (or anyone) mention that combination? You can still play it, so that can't be what you were upset about.

To respond to this specific post, you duo with people because you think they're good. Ergo, you think they're...diamond/platinum level good? If so, they'll get there and be able to duo under Riot's new system. If you think they're...gold level good? Well, that's not a well-matched game and that's what Riot's new system is trying to avoid.

I'm saying I think it will work itself out, while avoiding some abuse cases, and that seems to be Riot's overall goal.

I don't want to put words into Newt's mouth or anything, but maybe you aren't considering that he likes playing with certain friends that he can't play with anymore. Pretty sure several of the GAF supports he's played with in ranked are currently gold.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Imagine if Nami gets nerfed unexpectedly soon. Who will carry future Gaffers to gold?

Very unlikely. She's not grossly overpowered and takes quite a bit of finesse to play properly. Next go to would probably be Thresh or Leona.

Blizzard

Banned
I don't want to put words into Newt's mouth or anything, but maybe you aren't considering that he likes playing with certain friends that he can't play with anymore. Pretty sure several of the GAF supports he's played with in ranked are currently gold.
That would certainly be make sense, and I already mentioned personality twice (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117061538&postcount=16963 and http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117050060&postcount=16911). Newt didn't say that was the case though, so I wasn't sure. Instead, Newt responded and said it was because he thought they were good.

It's also what I'm talking about when I say that if they're platinum level, they'll get there and can queue, and if they're not, it's a mismatch that Riot probably wants to avoid. I understand you may be good friends with someone of a significantly different skill level and want to play with them, but it seems to me that normal draft would provide a perfectly acceptable venue for that.

Every time I'm up for promos I get a brain dead feeder moron. I hate the tier system in this game so much.
It can be rough. Only a few weeks ago I lost 4 promo series in a row before winning one. It just takes a great deal of spare time and patience and statistics pay off in the end.

drawkcaB

Every time I'm up for promos I get a brain dead feeder moron. I hate the tier system in this game so much.

The good news is that if you're winning enough to constantly get into promos but lose at promos, your MMR is likely still increasing, which improves the chances you'll skip a division when you finally do get that promo. Seems to happen frequently enough with GAF'ers.

Jeff-DSA

The good news is that if you're winning enough to constantly get into promos but lose at promos, your MMR is likely still increasing, which improves the chances you'll skip a division when you finally do get that promo. Seems to happen frequently enough with GAF'ers.

I guess. :(

A 1-10 Ziggs and a 2-13 Thresh in the two promo losses. Ouch.

zkylon

zkylewd
it happens, i lost like 4 promos in a row back when i was in silver but then i skipped half of gold and went straight thru 5-3-1

If you happen to have vision when the dragon spawns (after it has already died) in PBE, it has the same spawn when it first spawns. Otherwise walking by and warding shows the dragon resting. Was cool to see it spawn after aceing the enemiy team.

Dragons wakes up from nap if you place a ward in the pit, but goes back to sleep as soon as the ward is not visible anymore.

Vayne may not be the best point of comparison though, since Vayne is widely known is a champion to be avoided in low-level matches and who is rarely played well.

What makes AD TF work to an extent is an unblockable (barring spellshield, Jax, Fizz, Braum etc. mechanics) point and click stun, combined with a built-in AS boost, combined with bonus damage every 4 attacks. The stun every 6-8 seconds is somewhat more reliable than Vayne's for example, since the rule of Vayne is presumably not to fight her in condemn range of walls.

With over 2.0 attack speed and 2 seconds of stun, you can get at least 4 infinity-edge boosted attacks (1-2 of them crits), at least one E boosted attack, the gold card bonus damage, and possibly the statikk shiv proc. If you're the highest level in the game it's decent damage, though I agree it depends on the other team letting you attack someone alone.

I guess but there is always mikaels + qss + banshees etc that people could build which would hamper that strategy.

Even better than Vayne would just be Tristana. TF can't get near her.

Basically the point I'm trying to make (which I'm sure you agree with) is that AD TF is not the most optimal champion/build for pretty much anything in the current meta. AP TF brings higher burst, Zhonyas for defense, and much better waveclear/poke, so I just feel like if you want to build AD TF you might as well just play a different adc instead of playing TF.

Problem is that you rarely ever hit 2.0 on ADCs without a teammate buff unless you pick up 2 major ASPD items. You need roughly ~100% ASPD from items/runes/masteries to get that.

Not to mention TF's range. Sivir has 500 range sure but her sheer AoE damage and mobility more than makes up for it.

I just had one of those heartbreaking throws.

Minute 19. 21-1. We destroyed one nexus tower.

Minute 40. 33-39. Defeat.

This happens when you think you can't lose. They were laughing "hahaha, they're making the comeback", and then were worried "oh my god, we can't actually lose".

I was twitch, I couldn't end the game by myself if the enemy lb could one shot me. Nothing worse than having Shyvanna ult you and Taric messing with you, while your team tries to kill Garen, while the enemy Jinx just killed everyone. I saw the replay of the first two teamfights we lost, and she killed 3 without anyone attacking her.

The worst thing is that I saw one clear opening when we had the lead, the enemy jinx was in the front line and she used her E, and our Thresh was in range for his E, yet he failed his hook, and she got away.

It hurts because I know it was a very easy fray/hook.

Damn it, this happens when I let someone else play support. ):

Nekofrog

Banned
i missed it, did jayce wonned? spoiler tag

edit: oh god i logged in, my rank is gone, all my friend's ranks are gone. what is happening

edit2: oh it was incredible miracle don't tease me with that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom