• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Less hp, less damage, lifesteal is worse than on-hit heals until you manage to get something like 160+ damage after reductions.

"Here's a starting item that's now worse early game and better late game!"

....but..that's not what I want in a starting item.

drawkcaB

"Here's a starting item that's now worse early game and better late game!"

....but..that's not what I want in a starting item.

My favorite part was all the people bitching when this was originally changed at the start of Season 3. Personally I don't see why it can't have a regen passive similar to the mana regen passive on Doran's Ring and adjust the %LS accordingly.

brian! said:
someone explain to me how this nid change is supposed to stop the ppl that complained about her

I think Nidalee has to dance on your corpse now from her bullshit as opposed to doing it in the distance.

brian!

she can still throw spears if she wants
like did they reduce the range or something
like maybe theyll reduce the numbers on her spear so its more like ez q? i don get it

i like the pounce cd being more like graggy e, like thats probably a meaningful change, but they had to add some wacky yasuo ult factor to it for some reason

Blizzard

Banned
Less hp, less damage, lifesteal is worse than on-hit heals until you manage to get something like 160+ damage after reductions for melee champions.
I think Rengar normally does get that, at least for minions with Q boost and a bunch of Doran's.

The problem with Doran's is by the time I buy 6 or 8 of them, I'm out of ward spots. They should come with a built-in ward you can snap off of the handle.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
she can still throw spears if she wants
like did they reduce the range or something
like maybe theyll reduce the numbers on her spear so its more like ez q? i don get it
The missile width is smaller, and it does do less damage.

someone explain to me how this nid change is supposed to stop the ppl that complained about her
i only see buffs
They greatly reduced the size of her spears and reduced the damage for a good amount, plus the CD is locked behind her ult so she has to use spears less often and actually aim to hit them.

It was never meant to be a nerf, Nidalee wasn't overpowered, people just didn't want to play a game with old Nidalee in it, so they shifted power from her Q into the rest of her kit.

Ferrio

Banned
I was reading the patch notes

"We're generally happy with what the new Teleport changes are achieving, but it's a little too strong as a lane recovery ability. Particularly in competitive play we were seeing a lot of top laners constantly using Teleport as a way of stagnating the early lane rather than trying to set up for global map pressure."

I realized if this is riot's reasoning, they're going about it wrong. They should instead give you a buff when you teleport that lasts say.... 10-15 seconds that if you kill/assist a champion you get the 100 seconds knocked off your CD.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It was never meant to be a nerf, Nidalee wasn't overpowered...
OV48RA2.gif
it's okay. there's more than one overpowered champion.

Type2

I'm ready for you skarner!

I've never realized how important it was to have my monitor level with my face. After spending so many years playing this way and working my new desk is extremely disorienting.
I went from like 85% skillshot accuracy to 45%. Time to hit up home depot and make some desk changes. I also really need a computer chair.
Tldr: moving sucks, I'm bad

New match history is live in LAN/LAS. I didn't knew it would remplace the old match history. Oh well, it's nice.

Also, zkylon, or anyone that plays in latam with the client in english, if you get this error:
Code:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>71A7DDAC5502760E</RequestId>
<HostId>
BYiYwAW+o2thbSeyHSs0nQNs7EMNGoVpdx1towcuzWdBDdLajkCrKIeN6qDGbvXo
</HostId>
</Error>

In the URL just change /en/ for /es/.
Example:
http://matchhistory.lan.leagueoflegends.com/en/#login.....
to
http://matchhistory.lan.leagueoflegends.com/es/#login...

Blizzard

Banned
I seem to remember an ancient time when the measure of an ADC's worth was whether they finished building Infinity Edge by 20 minutes (or 10 minutes or whatever).

drawkcaB

cait.jpg

not what i was expecting

Yeah...what the hell happened to that sweet looking skin from Pax? Well, I think it was Pax at any rate.

Ferrio said:
I didn't realize the new BT passive decays..... wow what trash.

Yup. Garbage. With an item name like "Bloodthirster" for inspiration I'm sure something better could have been made. Something like, AAs against opponents with < 50% health provide a stacking AD buff while in combat, or instead of an overshield it's an activatable/toggleable AD boost at the expense of 0% LS from the item, or a hundred other more interesting ideas than what it has currently.

All Riot's done is change bot lane from whoever buys BT first to whoever buys IE first. There's still no actual choice. More annoying is that here was this fantastic opportunity to finally get rid of crit chance and they take the easy way out. There was a fairly good post about removing crit chance on the officials forums (which like, never ever happens usually) and though its ideas were rough and sometimes overcomplicated they were frankly better than what we have now.

I guess IE before BT now, right?

Nope. BotRK > BT on almost all ADCs.

Anyone had a chance to experiment with the Essence Reaver? It seems like something that would be good on the heavy-caster AD's like Ez/Lucian/Jayce, but I'm not sure of its appropriateness for ADC's who will be up against enemy laners who are looking to build Shiv's and IE's first. Where it might be fine for a top laning Jayce, I'm not sure if you won't get heavily out-traded bot lane rushing one.

Thoughts?

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone had a chance to experiment with the Essence Reaver? It seems like something that would be good on the heavy-caster AD's like Ez/Lucian/Jayce, but I'm not sure of its appropriateness for ADC's who will be up against enemy laners who are looking to build Shiv's and IE's first. Where it might be fine for a top laning Jayce, I'm not sure if you won't get heavily out-traded bot lane rushing one.

Thoughts?

Just from people's posts and experiences it sounds like by the time you get the thing up and running you're past the point where lack of mana is an issue.

Jeff-DSA

Thoughts?

I'm interested in trying it on Sivir and MF to see how it feels. On paper, I'm not sure, but it might feel great.

zkylon

zkylewd
medium looks pretty good, you can tell the texture are blurry in like the inhibitors if you zoom in a lot but overall it's fine

also that jump into dragon pit bugged out on me once (she didn't like hit the wall like she normally would on wide walls, just like went in then it pushed me back) so i guess it's all very wip. could be pbe lag tho

Bungie's

Thoughts?
Not that good imo, too expensive and doesn't offer munch ad

drawkcaB

Thoughts?

Rank 1 Jayce in KR is building it along with Muramana but I haven't seen the build order yet. Like Ferrio said by the time you have 2600+ gold to buy it mana won't be as much of an issue. I suspect picking it up has more to do with the combination of a CDR/AD/LS item being maybe better on Jayce than new BT? I haven't played Jayce enough which is the better path.

Essence Reaver is going to be very niche unless Riot incorporate a mid tier item in the build patch that also offers the on-hit mana regen. So basically it also suffers from the same problem that holds back items like Atma's and Frozen Mallet from being marginally viable.

Ferrio

Banned
Maybe the BT should of had a hexdrinker type affect? Any overheal slowly builds a shield that'll only deploy if you hit a hp threshold.

Leezard

Thoughts?

On Jayce, I've seen something of a Tear into Reaver. I don't know if they build some component of tear before the reaver, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom