• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

SZGF

Banned
someone explain to me how this nid change is supposed to stop the ppl that complained about her
i only see buffs
I think the aim is to give them more levers to buff/nerf nidalee. Before all you could do was keep nerfing her spear until she was useless. She could be OP post rework, but now they have the opportunity to meaningfully nerf without making her terrible since she can fulfill multiple objectives (n so they can nerf her and maybe compensate in different areas)
f3yXt30.png

this is great
Is that the green shell from Mario Kart?

Blizzard

Banned
I played badly today against Shyvana. I am not sure of a good strategy to take against her since she can get 450+ armor with ult, and she has a lot of HP.

I like the patch change about Twitch. I think 6 seconds to stealth might make fighting him better, though I always seem to miss noticing when he's actually triggering the ability so I can mentally time it.

DeadNames

Banned
Someone lend me their PBE account so I can play on the new map :( 😕😢😳😳😰😳😰😰😨😤😿🙉😿👩👦💂💂👯

zkylon

zkylewd
Someone lend me their PBE account so I can play on the new map :( ������������������������������������
that's illegal

don't let riot costy catch you

pigeon

Banned
I played badly today against Shyvana. I am not sure of a good strategy to take against her since she can get 450+ armor with ult, and she has a lot of HP.

I like the patch change about Twitch. I think 6 seconds to stealth might make fighting him better, though I always seem to miss noticing when he's actually triggering the ability so I can mentally time it.

Shyvana is hard to kill and does good damage, but she's not bursty, has no CC, and her gap closing abilities are also her damaging abilities. You should CC and kite her.

Mothman91

Caitlyn seems a lot better with IE rush and with zerker greaves and some AS runes. A whole better feel to her now. Although I was doing well and my electricity just cut off :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Caitlyn seems a lot better with IE rush and with zerker greaves and some AS runes. A whole better feel to her now. Although I was doing well and my electricity just cut off :(

God damn Froggen.

brian!

when i switched to atspd runes
I was like "wow I can really notice the difference this was such a good switch"
but ACTUALLY i didnt notice anything i just wanted to be cool
i didnt follow to the atspd blus tho, i mean enough is enough i have my dignity

i noticed it in my 23% atspd page for feral flare when it came out and that lasted like 2 weeks, good going xcloser u doofus

here's maplestreet on the changes, he's pretty smart tho i havent watched the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWu38R5598s

CRS

do ppl run lifesteal runes or was i barking up the wrong tree with dat
Maybe a quint but that was about it. LS runes will become the norm again after 4.10. For my ADC page, I'll probably run 2 life steal and 1 attack speed quints or all three LS quints and attack speed reds. For items, get double D. Blades and rush IE. From there go your attack speed item of choice and Bork.

Ferrio

Banned
She looks like an MMO character in odd dungeon gear.
Too busy, esp from behind.

Decent quality tho. Theres def money to be made in the community skins market arena, but idk if we want half of these things running about the game

I like it a lot... except for the hair. Can we get a eve skin with her hair down or something... that'd be great riot.

Newt

My thoughts on the ADC changes.

BT seems weaker, but it doesn't seem all that bad to me.

IE is probably the go to item for ADCs now.

BoTRK is probably the best out of the 4 items, I feel like for ADCs the item got buffed, but for AD top laners the item got nerfed.

Essence Reaver seems like a decent item because of it's nice build path, but the AD seems really low. I tried using it on Draven on my smurf and I kinda liked it.

SZGF

Banned
I think BT is just too expensive for its incredibly situational overheal passive. The passive is really weak when rushed since you dont stack it that fast early game and late game you can stack it real quick, but pales into comparison to botrk for damage and every other defensive item for surivability

Jeff-DSA

Freak, man. Xin fails ganks 3 times in a row, each time giving a kill to Miss Fortune and it was impossible to deal with her for a while. Meanwhile their Tristana gets super fed and she can kill anybody with a single combo. We quite nearly come back to win anyway, but Xin will simply not stay with the team or wait to engage, and we lose despite rallying back huge with an ace (and Xin goes to dragon instead of pushing).

Exciting, but so dumb.

I guess we're back to S2 2x Doran -> IE now.

I just did that and it's not too bad. Going to explore other options, but we'll see.

zkylon

zkylewd
tried new adc for a bit (http://matchhistory.las.leagueoflegends.com/es/#match-history/NA1/45677494)

hmm it's weird

i kinda think rito did the good thing by nerfing lifesteal cos you're not unkillable anymore with like a single dorans+ie so positioning is more key than ever.

i'm surprised how different this made the game feel, but it might just be that i never really played much adc in s2

i dunno if i feel like buying bt is ever worth it, i was too fed in the two games that didn't have a friendly mid swain going 1 6 1 by minute 10.

also don't feel bjork first on varus is a good idea. i tried it since i read newt say bjork is really strong now and i remember the days when i rushed bjork on him but i didn't like it, i'd rather have the ad.

also not being able to read match history within the client is dumb

SZGF

Banned
Getting slowed because you hit somebody due to some passive effect of theirs was always pretty darn stupid and helped to cement tank tops for ages.

Randuin MS% slow passive can go anytime.

AD Nid top looks as retarded as I remember it.
Time to roll out Nunu top aga-

Oh wait, Riot made him useless.

"Here's a starting item that's now worse early game and better late game!"

....but..that's not what I want in a starting item.
Consider it another entry to the ever-growing "ADC's ruining it for the rest of us" pile.

I think the skin is awesome. I don't understand the flak around it.
After liking Aatrox so much, I'm not surprised.

There is nothing that isn't stupid about Caitlyn's new skin. Space / futuristic armor shorts? Another example of a goofy, impractical headpiece? Even more cleavage, as if the stripper cop outfit wasn't bad enough already? Compare that to the concept they originally showed us:

17dq3e.jpg

Keep the particles and redo the whole skin... but Riot won't, since they let Steel Legion Lux slip through too.

No more bathing suit skins sounds like good news to me.

Blizzard

Banned
i'm not the biggest fan of anything evelynn but still impressive

def skin quality, makes me wish rito did that volvo community skins thing

Talking about skins fitting characters, I don't think this skin really fits the character. Isn't Eve supposed to be some sort of succubus that literally seduces and murders people? This skin like doesn't look seductive, it looks like a complicated mix of random armor combined with very odd skin effects. Is she like Malphite with rock skin or something? Are those...sleeve armor? Why are there bands around them if they are skin? Why the vampire collar? What's with the one-piece bathing suit? It's neither seductive NOR protective!

The boots are cool though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Time to roll out Nunu top aga-

Oh wait, Riot made him useless.
and this is a bad thing because...?

After liking Aatrox so much, I'm not surprised.

There is nothing that isn't stupid about Caitlyn's new skin. Space / futuristic armor shorts? Another example of a goofy, impractical headpiece? Even more cleavage, as if the stripper cop outfit wasn't bad enough already? Compare that to the concept they originally showed us:

17dq3e.jpg

Keep the particles and redo the whole skin... but Riot won't, since they let Steel Legion Lux slip through too.
i don't understand what you mean

you don't think steel legion lux is clothed enough?

or you think steel legion lux being released means no other non-slutty skin will ever be released?

No more bathing suit skins sounds like good news to me.
why

like honest

Talking about skins fitting characters, I don't think this skin really fits the character. Isn't Eve supposed to be some sort of succubus that literally seduces and murders people? This skin like doesn't look seductive, it looks like a complicated mix of random armor combined with very odd skin effects. Is she like Malphite with rock skin or something? Are those...sleeve armor? Why are there bands around them if they are skin? Why the vampire collar? What's with the one-piece bathing suit? It's neither seductive NOR protective!

The boots are cool though.
yea i don't think it's the best design ever, just impressed at the quality of texture+model

also not being able to read match history within the client is dumb

I agree. No need to remove the old match history, just have the same old match history in-client and add a button for "Extended details" (the one that is currently in the post-game lobby) in the bottom right corner.

Something like this, it even has the replay button: (pretty old screenshot)

SZGF

Banned
Problem is that this patch just pooped on a lot of melees. They even removed the melee/ranged stat discrepancy on some items .

You say that like the melee/ranged split would hurt melee?

Look, the skin is called Headhunter Caitlyn and we were expecting Headhunter Caitlyn for ages. The little mockup they drew was not of Headhunter design. While I perfer 'neon strike' much more than headhunter, I can recognise that some people might like it. (Plus, Vi has a neon strike skin. Riot why)

zkylon

zkylewd
I agree. No need to remove the old match history, just have the same old match history in-client and add a button for "Extended details" (the one that is currently in the post-game lobby) in the bottom right corner.

Something like this, it even has the replay button: (pretty old screenshot)

pretty much

SZGF

Banned
If ranged gains parity on items like Ghostblade it removes the advantage it used to hold for melee champs.
In theory yes, but nobody still is going to build GB on ranged (bar twitch) and melee rarely, if ever, build mercurial. The real concern here is that ranged will get even stronger with new mercurial and the buffs in general, reinvigorating years of melee hatred.

Jeff-DSA

I'm just coming to the realization that you don't get out of Bronze. EVERY TIME I GET TO THE TOP I GET THE MOST WORTHLESS TEAMS.

Thanks, 1-10 Morgana, it was a pleasure watching you feed away our chances to win. Thanks, Mr. "I've never played Volibear top, lol." It was a pleasure having you suck the whole time because you're trying out champs in ranked. Thanks Lee "I can jump into groups of 5" Sin. It was a supreme pleasure watching you die before every fight started.

Ahri was ok.

I was about to hit promos again. Dang it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom