• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

I'm just coming to the realization that you don't get out of Bronze. EVERY TIME I GET TO THE TOP I GET THE MOST WORTHLESS TEAMS.

Thanks, 1-10 Morgana, it was a pleasure watching you feed away our chances to win. Thanks, Mr. "I've never played Volibear top, lol." It was a pleasure having you suck the whole time because you're trying out champs in ranked. Thanks Lee "I can jump into groups of 5" Sin. It was a supreme pleasure watching you die before every fight started.

Ahri was ok.

I was about to hit promos again. Dang it.
You gotta start blaming yourself, and stop blaming your team. In low elo like bronze, you should be able to carry and decide the outcomes of 80% of your games. Remember ranked is about improvement, not divisions and such. Sure it's fine to get worked up on a game, and some games are just not winnable, but you gotta just play another game on a blank-slate mindset.

and this is a bad thing because...?
Nunu top was fun. Not my problem the League community cried in typical knee-jerk fashion rather than thinking for a minute, realizing that even in his alleged "overpowered" state he had glaring weaknesses. Like pushing his shit in with Hydra.

Nope, nerfed into the ground as soon as he showed his face in the competitive scene that one time, as being in the LCS spotlight validates solo queue bitching apparently.

i don't understand what you mean

you don't think steel legion lux is clothed enough?

or you think steel legion lux being released means no other non-slutty skin will ever be released?
Steel Legion Lux is equally horrendous and many expressed that not only was it ugly as sin but also thematically inappropriate. Why would she wear the exact kind of thick-plated armor as Garen? Lux is not a frontline bruiser. Riot claimed they would take said feedback into consideration and implement changes to make it more appealing to Lux fans, the latter which never happened. Them redoing the Cait skin after an 'outrage' so to speak is off the table.

why

like honest?
x champion in swimming trunks or a one-piece / bikini. Exciting. Small, low poly models will truly nail the tittilation concept too.

Pool Party Ziggs and Renekton were the only good skins to come out of the ordeal because they were more than just the above. Choice waifu or husbando in a bathing suit should stick to fanart.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nunu top was fun. Not my problem the League community cried in typical knee-jerk fashion rather than thinking for a minute, realizing that even in his alleged "overpowered" state he had glaring weaknesses. Like pushing his shit in with Hydra.

Nope, nerfed into the ground as soon as he showed his face in the competitive scene that one time, as being in the LCS spotlight validates solo queue bitching apparently.
sorry dude but laner nunu was awful and still is (just worse at it). the zero interactivity outsustaining people is dumb and no fun

glad he's nerfed as he was one of the worst cases of like NO FUN ALLOWED in lane

i think he's awesome and really unique as a jungler and that's how he should stay forever

Steel Legion Lux is equally horrendous and many expressed that not only was it ugly as sin but also thematically inappropriate. Why would she wear the exact kind of thick-plated armor as Garen? Lux is not a frontline bruiser. Riot claimed they would take said feedback into consideration and implement changes to make it more appealing to Lux fans, the latter which never happened. Them redoing the Cait skin after an 'outrage' so to speak is off the table.
ah ok, gotcha

x champion in swimming trunks or a one-piece / bikini. Exciting. Small, low poly models will truly nail the tittilation concept too.

Pool Party Ziggs and Renekton were the only good skins to come out of the ordeal because they were more than just the above. Choice waifu or husbando in a bathing suit should stick to fanart.
there's no reason pool party skins have to be fanservice-y, leona skin certainly isn't.

like i think it's a cool skin line with a fun and light hearted motif. i like skin events, i liked the skins that were teased last year like ori's

a few less grimdark skins don't hurt anybody

edit: also i think people overreact about cait skin. like for real, she's a sniper, she's a jungle huntress person thing, it looks alright, it's thematic, why so much complaining about the amount of armor on her. i still remember people going nuts over the cleavage on fucking lunar revel diana skin. jeez

Jeff-DSA

Was skeptical of our team there...our mid took Evelynn, and started off horrendously. Thankfully I got really beefy with Renekton and our Vayne was a pro with her. We got pushed around early, but smashed them pretty easily late.

Back to 90 LP. Almost at another dang series.

Tizoc

As Jungle Twitch do you get rid of the Jungle weapon by the end game and replace it with an armor? Or just go full attack?

EDIT: for that matter it got me to thinking, would 'Jungling' as Twitch be better served by just getting Red then ganking each lane? With my red buff I can help my mid and top and if possible bot lanes get early kills then proceed back to regular jungle path. After my first return I can go back and gank lanes again since i'd be a level or 2 higher.

I'm just coming to the realization that you don't get out of Bronze.

I was in Bronze 2 this time last year after taking a break (ELO decay) from the game for waifu reasons and hit S1 even with the arse-cancer LP clamping they enforced last year. Now I'm Gold 3.

It's hard, that I know myself, but it is doable. Just get your strongest champ when you can and just spunk positive reinforcement constantly. Have 'we've got lategame' on a macro or something if you have too.

Just remember there's a danger the other jungle will see you ganking with red at level 2 and rush to your blue, especially if he's a strong early fighter.

AdventChild

Neo Member
Same here...

Started playing lol at S3... hit level 30 and directly to ranked. So hard to get out from Bronze... Im promoted to Gold 3 right now.

Just try to pick hardcarry champs, like Pantheon jungle ^^

Edwardo

There is nothing that isn't stupid about Caitlyn's new skin. Space / futuristic armor shorts? Another example of a goofy, impractical headpiece? Even more cleavage, as if the stripper cop outfit wasn't bad enough already? Compare that to the concept they originally showed us:

No more bathing suit skins sounds like good news to me.

Ya idk why they didn't just stick with something closer to the original concept. There's nothing wrong with the stripper cop skin though. I really don't see a problem with the pool party skins either. It was just a fun batch of skins that they released.

Lucian. Maybe Draven. Possibly Vayne.

Gonna have to try it with Lucian. Think it could work with Corki?

Steel Legion Lux was basically like "It's the first Lux skin in a long fucking time and this shit is what we get"

The Cait skin is the same situation. Sure we get cool particles and sounds but then there's that helmet.

Leezard

I decided to try Jayce for the first time since months ago, to try the reaver.
b3859d3104c9a75335ef4f6f7b9dfbf4.png
I don't know, it felt like I never ran out of mana so the item might not be necessary. It does have a great build path though, pickaxe + vamp scepter are really really good buys, and you can get a longsword + dorans earlier.

garath

Played my mandatory ranked match of the month. Actually thought I'd win it. Warwick is still a decent jungler. I crushed the early game feeding kills to our Katarina and Quinn. Garen held his own top.

But our less than ideal teamcomp came back to bite us. WW, Katarina, Quinn, Braum and Garen vs Morg, twitch, Twisted fate, Shyvana and Nocturne. Maybe we never stood a chance.

Plus I rarely got a chance to ult Twitch, his positioning was really good (I got bitched at a lot for that) and the Nocturne dove our Katarina pretty much every time.

It was too close of a game near the end for our comp to win it.

Thought I'd play another ranked cause I had the time. First pick bans Kayle right as 4th pick says "Kayle mid or feed" (literally). Then starts RAGING. Going on about how he's going to feed, etc etc. First pick does nothing to diffuse it, calling him all sorts of shit. Turns out the 4th pick Kayle mid or feed guy was a duo queue with second pick. So he picked Urgot with revive and smite and claims he's also going to feed.

Raging continues all the way until I dodge. Sigh. Was that bronze I stumbled into? Sounds like one of Jeff-DSA's games :(

Oh well. Back to Marvel heroes. Lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I don't play ranked usually. Like I'm still doing my placements. I just play normals with some of those guys.

Oh well I got Kass this game, maybe it'll go better.
well, its good that you got around to it finally!

nothing worse than someone who only plays normals, you just cant trust those people.

I feel like an arse hole going through my friends list and purging everyone who is Silver and lower. Needs must, though.

I make exceptions for PT9 and IRL friends - I just don't play with them.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I feel like an arse hole going through my friends list and purging everyone who is Silver and lower. Needs must, though.

I make exceptions for PT9 and IRL friends - I just don't play with them.
those friends are to be treasured! they are the best people to spectate, watch them struggle in the pit and remember that you will never have to suffer like that again.

I should add Jeff-DSA

I can't do it. fuck ranked. these people are even fucking dumber than the ones in blind normals.

I'm dodging every time someone plays Darius.

I shit on my lane and bot lane. but he feeds trynd. all game. he's always caught out. I'm trying my hardest to carry the heaviest team in existence. What does Darius do? runs off on his own, tries to fight the late game trynd 1v1. gets destroyed. we lose 4v5.

I can't do this. I want to enjoy the game. this is too much.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I can't do it. fuck ranked. these people are even fucking dumber than the ones in blind normals.

I'm dodging every time someone plays Darius.

I shit on my lane and bot lane. but he feeds trynd. all game. he's always caught out. I'm trying my hardest to carry the heaviest team in existence. What does Darius do? runs off on his own, tries to fight the late game trynd 1v1. gets destroyed. we lose 4v5.

I can't do this. I want to enjoy the game. this is too much.
suffering makes you stronger.

embrace the struggle!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
no it doesn't. it makes me feel terrible I had to waste 40 minutes of my time on that and it adversely effects my rank. I can't do it.
people who play lots of normally typically are disappointed by their true rank anyway, so you're just getting that part out of the way early.

everybody losses roughly half the time, so it's not a waste. the 10 placement matches will barely even rate in the grand scheme of things, and even if you get screwed that would just mean you have a fast early climb to look forward too.

people who play lots of normally typically are disappointed by their true rank anyway, so you're just getting that part out of the way early.

everybody losses roughly half the time, so it's not a waste. the 10 placement matches will barely even rate in the grand scheme of things, and even if you get screwed that would just mean you have a fast early climb to look forward too.

I could get to gold in solo q if I played ranked enough. but I can't stand it. I'll get my gold in treeline (which I already have just need to win some more to get rewards) and move on.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I could get to gold in solo q if I played ranked enough.
I smell a wager.

if you get gold v in 1 months time, i will give you three mystery gift skins. [ie: i will paypal someone you trust on your friends list to gift you for me or i will paypal you the worth of a $10 rp card equivalent]

if you lose, i get the satisfaction of having condemned another soul to elohell.

garath

I smell a wager.

if you get gold v in 1 months time, i will give you three mystery gift skins. [ie: i will paypal someone you trust on your friends list to gift you for me]

if you lose, i get the satisfaction of having condemned another soul to elohell.

A challenge!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Gonna have to try it with Lucian. Think it could work with Corki?
I mean you could build Ghostblade on Corki and probably do worse, but his damage in team fights usually is more extended than the concentrated burst you get on someone like Draven.

Einbroch

Banned
People play ranked? Ranked sucks. I played a normal match as my first match in three weeks yesterday and had a blast. People didn't follow the meta, we were joking around, it was great. I'm probably not playing another ranked match ever again. Borders are lame, the skins are awful, and it's frustrating.

Norms4lyfe.

Ardent Crescent procs off Heal and Locket, right?

People play ranked? Ranked sucks. I played a normal match as my first match in three weeks yesterday and had a blast. People didn't follow the meta, we were joking around, it was great. I'm probably not playing another ranked match ever again. Borders at lame, the skins are awful, and it's frustrating.

Norms4lyfe.

Nev is that you?

garath

People play ranked? Ranked sucks. I played a normal match as my first match in three weeks yesterday and had a blast. People didn't follow the meta, we were joking around, it was great. I'm probably not playing another ranked match ever again. Borders at lame, the skins are awful, and it's frustrating.

Norms4lyfe.

I still can't decide which ones I find more frustrating.. The super tryhard/almost always the meta/raging if it doesn't go well/finger pointing/everyone is a similar rank ranked game. Or the what meta?/Diamonds vs silvers what?/still finger pointing/game is often a joke with how one sided it is normal game.

The attitudes are definitely more prevalent in ranked but the normals are so often a joke thanks to the premade matchmaking.

I think in general the games are better in ranked but the attitudes are better in normals. Probably why I usually go for normals just because I don't feel like the attitudes.

Moodmon

Neo Member
People play ranked? Ranked sucks. I played a normal match as my first match in three weeks yesterday and had a blast. People didn't follow the meta, we were joking around, it was great. I'm probably not playing another ranked match ever again. Borders are lame, the skins are awful, and it's frustrating.

Norms4lyfe.

This man gets it. Might also be that I can play normals and actually win a game, but still.

Ocho

Ranked is fun for me because people usually try their hardest. Besides, I like to play with people my skill. I like progression.

Normals is also fun, but for different reasons.

In both instances, the game is fun. You decide if you want to get frustrated or not.

MaxiLive

I generally don't play ranked at all as I'm not fussed on skill and the rewards etc. My friends try to force me to play but meh they get too stressed out :p

I prefer to play normals as it is far more casual and the flaming is easily passable especially for me as I never get stressed or angry and the game/players as at the end of the day to me it is a game and its on the internet so its bound to have awful experiences as well as great ones.

I wouldn't mind someone carrying me to Diamond though! I was easily silver last year and if I got to play thresh all the time with equally skilled team mates/opponents then I'm sure Gold would be easily doable. But I know that isn't feasible as every 2/3rd game I would have to play another lane then every other 4/5th game there might be a massive feed/afk/dc or the like then every 6/8th game you get totally dumpstered then every 9/10th game you just end up playing god awful. Soi for what I would want to achieve would probably take 5x longer than I would want to put in :p

Edwardo

Only time I don't play ranked is if there's more than 2 of us who want to play. Then we'll do team builder. I'll do solo team builder too if i'm on a bad streak or if there's someone I specifically want to play/try.

Do the skarner changes make him strong or something? Just saw him banned on a stream.

paging soda cop.

edit: i basically only play team builder these days, hardly ever play ranked.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Do the skarner changes make him strong or something? Just saw him banned on a stream.

paging soda cop.
I only played him once and it wasn't a good game to judge with. I don't think people are banning him because they're scared of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom