• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

those friends are to be treasured! they are the best people to spectate, watch them struggle in the pit and remember that you will never have to suffer like that again.

I should add Jeff-DSA

Witness the struggle. Witness the bad.

My name is jar155, by the way.

Subtle

Had a really good skarner on my team yesterday. He ganked our lane once, but the enemies burned their escape and were close to tower so I thought "he has no hard cc so I'm gonna farm." I forgot that he got reworked and has a stun now. Skarner kept chasing and stunned them, almost getting the kill, but couldn't secure it because I wasn't there and everybody got mad ):

Edit: but he was really really good

Fracas

#fuckonami
I saw a few Skarners yesterday. He seems a hair better but I don't really know.

New Nidalee looks quite strong. Gonna play her some more today.

Jeff-DSA

I was reading this as a rhyme.

Witness the struggle, witness the bad.
You'll surely laugh, there's comedy to be had.

Watch Jeff as he tries to climb a tier.
Get the popcorn ready, promos are near.

I'm back at 90 LP. Given that it's my 10th anniversary tonight I doubt that I'm playing unless I'm on super late after the wifey is asleep. We're pushing celebrations to the weekend. But still, you don't stay married 10 years by playing League on your anniversary in most marriages.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
71% kill participation. our duo tells me i need to roam more.

Ever want a team that could handle their lanes without your help?

Jeff-DSA

71% kill participation. our duo tells me i need to roam more.

I struggle with the roaming, to be honest. I usually get 2-3 kills up in the bot lane, and I am always unsure if I should go help push the mid or if I should just farm hard in the bot lane. I hate giving up farm to help mid, but sometimes they just can't do anything up there with out help. I think you give up a lot of late game power by missing out on those minions in the bot lane and you allow their bot duo to catch up once you start roaming.

On the other hand, when I don't roam, a lot of times we lose the middle tower and the added 30 CS just doesn't seem worth it.

It would just be nice if one lane is clearly starting to snowball that the others could take it upon themselves to play safer until team fights start breaking out. We already have the advantage, we don't need to tip the scales back in their favor...

Edwardo

Witness the struggle, witness the bad.
You'll surely laugh, there's comedy to be had.

Watch Jeff as he tries to climb a tier.
Get the popcorn ready, promos are near.

I'm back at 90 LP. Given that it's my 10th anniversary tonight I doubt that I'm playing unless I'm on super late after the wifey is asleep. We're pushing celebrations to the weekend. But still, you don't stay married 10 years by playing League on your anniversary in most marriages.

Congrats!

tm24

I suck at roaming as mid lane, because i never know where to go and how best to do it. As support, i do it just fine. I honestly feel its the fact that as a support i feel like im zooming through the map as Nami or any support with mobos.

AcridMeat

Banned
I saw a few Skarners yesterday. He seems a hair better but I don't really know.

New Nidalee looks quite strong. Gonna play her some more today.
We were stomping in a game with the new nidalee. It was so great to be able to push and her spears couldn't do anything about it.

Jeff-DSA

I suck at roaming as mid lane, because i never know where to go and how best to do it. As support, i do it just fine. I honestly feel its the fact that as a support i feel like im zooming through the map as Nami or any support with mobos.

I feel like roaming in mid is a little easier to time than from the bot lane. Funny how we're all wired differently on that. I think it's generally because I play assassins (Katarina or Talon) or I'm playing Ziggs and I can just go lob a bomb if I don't want to commit to a full gank. With Katarina or Talon, you can come in, blow up someone, and get back to your lane so quickly that it's almost always worth it to go.

SZGF

Banned
Many mid laners get pretty greedy and you can catch them without a ward. Good times to roam are when you went back before your ADC and then your ADC goes back after clearing a wave. Instead of waiting idle in bot lane waiting for your adc, you can just immediately go mid and be annoying and return to bot in time.

drawkcaB

I jungle. I'm effervescent when one of my lanes is winning without me.

Jeff-DSA said:

You're a bronze shitter. I'm a wood shitter. You're old, rusted, and married. I'm old, rusted, and married. IGN: Francy. Hook me up.

SZGF said:
Many mid laners get pretty greedy and you can catch them without a ward. Good times to roam are when you went back before your ADC and then your ADC goes back after clearing a wave. Instead of waiting idle in bot lane waiting for your adc, you can just immediately go mid and be annoying and return to bot in time.

I generally use such opportunities to ward spots I normally wouldn't be able to. When this situation happens I often find myself a few levels below the enemy mid just because of bot lane xp distribution and w/o offensive stats from items. Unless my own mid is fed as fuck I'd rather not go mid, fuck up, and feed the opposing mid a kill. But that's me.

Mothman91

So how's jungle Nidalee? I was playing with a friend who was playing her in the jungle. My electricity cut off so I never got to finish the game.

Bacon

So how's jungle Nidalee? I was playing with a friend who was playing her in the jungle. My electricity cut off so I never got to finish the game.
I keep hearing the she's "OP" now in the jungle but I haven't seen it yet. I'd also be interested to see if anyone has tried her.

Jeff-DSA

I did the most damage as support karma yesterday. Was definitely fun.

I like running to the tri bush on bot if you have a Karma support and waiting for their duo to come through after leashing. With MF's Q and Karma's insane early damage, you can sometimes grab a kill, but you nearly always make them burn their summoner spells or health pots. If it's warded, you can just back away, but if not, they're screwed.

It's worked so many times that I won't walk through that tri bush without warding it to start the game.

Edit: If you buy quickly, you'll always get there first with MF too because of her passive.

It's on:

tNN3t0P.png

------------------------------

5-4 in placements now. Won 3 Caitlyn games and lost once since the games earlier. At worst I'll go even now. But still, Silver here I come I guess.

brian!

ranked for me has pretty much always been generally nice, everyone is cordial, knows how to play the game, owns up to mistakes and doesnt make them twice in the same game, not a dik, etc.

i played like ~80 ranked last season and they were pretty much all good and every game I lost had me contributing to the loss in some meaningful way

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
ranked for me has pretty much always been generally nice, everyone is cordial, knows how to play the game, owns up to mistakes and doesnt make them twice in the same game, not a dik, etc.

i played like ~80 ranked last season and they were pretty much all good and every game I lost had me contributing to the loss in some meaningful way
I want to watch you play ranked.

Blizzard

Banned

Maybe -you- are the secret Rioter.

If you're nice to people they are generally nice back. If I get frustrated I just try not to say anything. I don't really have an issue with people when I play ranked.

brian!

the people who get upset in my games are usually:
1. ppl upset at something dum they did, in a "sry guys...ugh" kinda way
2. ppl upset at something someone else did, in a "man don't do that, it's ok tho"/"i'm prtty upset" "i feel u dood my bad" "aight"
3. the other team in post-chat

if we collectively throw at baron everyone feelz sheepish
in one of my placement matches 4 ppl bought sweepers by ~18 min because we were thinking about their lee w/ sightstone
in the last placement match I did I went 0/7/x on lee and all I really contributed after early game was some nice kicks and utility, and all ppl on my team said to me that game was "thx [for the gank]" and "nice kick"

Jeff-DSA

maybe it's just EUW low elo. People are awful. I try to be the guy that tries to relax everyone, but... :/

It's pretty bad everywhere. I've never seen such a rude community, and I used to play CoD regularly.

I just hate when the team is fighting right from the outset in team selection. It makes the entire match this huge whine fest where every time someone dies chat fills up with snarky comments. It's the worst. You never win those ones.

Blizzard

Banned
the people who get upset in my games are usually:
1. ppl upset at something dum they did, in a "sry guys...ugh" kinda way
2. ppl upset at something someone else did, in a "man don't do that, it's ok tho"/"i'm prtty upset" "i feel u dood my bad" "aight"
3. the other team in post-chat

if we collectively throw at baron everyone feelz sheepish
in one of my placement matches 4 ppl bought sweepers by ~18 min because we were thinking about their lee w/ sightstone
Placement matches are different. And aren't you gold or platinum where everyone is presumably nice?

In my matches you get things like the normal homophobic slurs, or "[player X] and [player Y] should kill themselves" (someone said this a day or two ago), or a support player that started raging and saying "gg" AT OR BEFORE BLUE BUFF. Like, literally before the 2 minute mark, before first blood (which I think I personally got, off the enemy mid laner).

If people start that early in a game, chances are they are not a very nice person. They might also have been the same person that was raging "every game I support my team does terrible" and when I asked them if they always harassed their teams in chat when they went support, they said yes.

Well now, isn't that a coincidence.

brian!

oh i dont think my experience is something common, and yah placement matches are usually nice
i havent played any games outside of placements this season
the climb from silver1-p5 last season was all real nice tho

i dunno, in this thread its usually a post about some toxic dood, and a positive post is usually look how good my score is

Edwardo

ls(the guy from the coaching videos that boken had been posting) did a quick video on the new bloodthirster as well as barrier vs heal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PzQL1cvklY

What? NA LCS today? Isn't it usually EU on weekdays? Not to mention it's starting at 3... weird?

NA always starts at 3.

And aren't you gold or platinum where everyone is presumably nice?

Is it? Because from what everyone generally posts, those divisions are just as bad as the lower ones. Tbh tho, I'm in Silver 1 and I find friendlier people more often than not. It's just that when you get a bad egg/eggs they tend to stick in your mind more than the good people.

brian!

i dont think you can generalize about a populations of human beans based on what ranking they are in league of legends
the internet does do bad things to ppl tho

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
And aren't you gold or platinum where everyone is presumably nice?

Gold players are actually pretty nice.

Platinum players are the scum of the earth. Raging, legit AFKing after bad play, begging for FF and general trolling, you name it, they all do it. Not to say that other divisions are free of these things but only in Plat have I seen it with such high frequency. At least Gold players know they suck and act (mostly) humble about it.

zkylon

zkylewd
http://lolraider.com/zkylon/las

this site is cute

apparently i'm pro with ori and a disaster as riven and j4 (gasp who would've thought!)

i just like how many dumb sites people are making that manage to tell you the same information in a slightly different format

Placement matches are different. And aren't you gold or platinum where everyone is presumably nice?
no, gold and plat players suck as much as bronze

and diamonds aren't much better either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom