• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

i haven't seen a single feral flare warwick since the nerf. they all seem to go golem and pure tank, being a CC machine

one benefit of Feral Flare is the attack speed. I got Attack speed runes on, and with his FF+Wit's end+W his attack speed can go up to 2 per second XD.
I'll consider using Golem next time though, but I recall being recommended Feral Flare mainly for its attack speed on WW.

Fucking Tryndamere splitpush. BS that he can kill structures while ulting IMO - we would have saved several towers and inhibs if he would just die already. Well played though. Checked the guy's match history, and it's entirely Trynd (jungle) and Fiora (top) with low assist scores. Hate that style of play in solo queue.

Solo play in solo queue. What will they think of next?!?

It's that time again GAF:
capturetvs4f.png

Banzai

Bought Orianna. Seems like the perfect champ to learn smartcast. Already had a ball delivery system play with Leona in my first game with her xD

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
newt helped me break my skarner cherry in a real game after 2 bot games with him over the past week.

holy shit he's so fun.

here's the highlights of our game, most interesting parts is at 3 minutes (the flash skeels) and at 4:40 (epic midlane laugh off) and 5:50 for just absolute deletion. the last 15 or so minutes of the game was a 4v5 in the enemy team's favor, but we wrecked early so hard that it didn't even matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7uWXdXkJCM&feature=youtu.be

need a lot of work on my skillshots, though admittedly it is a pretty hard one to hit. managed to save my ult in teamfights to peel for newt most of the time, otherwise it was first come first serve

also
You miss a number of opportunities for double kills because you're focusing really hard on one target. Like, there are times that you'll grab and pull back and it separates you from following up if that makes sense even though the kill should be easy.

Nekofrog

Banned
yep, still learning the very basics of skarner. i remember the botlane thresh/lucian when I pegged lucian first, didn't expect thresh to have flash.

Edwardo

I really hope I can get some games in tonight. I played one yesterday for the first time in a week. I was lucian and went with the same build as pre-patch. I wanna give IE a shot now. I'll probably pick up either the Draven or Lucian skin tonight too.

Tizoc

Skarner is doin shit right now

4.11 will buff ancient golem. Invest in skarner stock today!

Can't seem to find update 4.11 info on Surrender @ 20, mind linking to them please? EDIT: or at least mention the jungle item changes?

cHinzo

Can't seem to find update 4.11 info on Surrender @ 20, mind linking to them please? EDIT: or at least mention the jungle item changes?

There aint no jungle changes yet on the PBE, but u can read the patch 4.11 forecast here. :)

Katarina is soooo good. My one death came from screwing around at the very end when they were surrending. She's so fun to snowball with. I gave Diana the business, and she's supposed to be a counter pick.

Ye tanky Diana with Abyssal is a counter. Not the stuff he was building on her (tear? morello's? He just asked to get his ass whooped. :p)

Feebastic

Not sure if it's just because I'm bad, but Kha'Zix jungle post-nerf seems a bit flaccid. Maybe it's because I'm bad, but I don't seem to do anywhere near as much damage as before, and I get blown up with no defense stats on ult.

I'm probably just doing it all wrong, but any tips on playing new Kha'Zix?

no you're not really playing it wrong. He doesn't do a whole lot of damage and he does get blown up super hard.

He's pretty insane late game if he gets someone isolated though with evolved Q.

Watching Gosu have an almost full "relevant" build by Double's standards at 22 minutes while getting completely dumpstered both kill and farm-wise makes me wonder where the fuck is Double putting his gold to make it so he only gets double Dorans IE zerkers PD by 25 minutes.

Ferga

To me, there is no point playing kha zix right now

Oceanic servers are so screwed up. 80% of the games i've seen in low-gold elo have people using 3rd party programs for buff timers.

First game I was surprised one of my laners was timing blue and red. Second game, I got suspicious.

Third game, it was just stupid.

It's like pirate country here. Do whatever you want with no consequences!

Glad I never switched servers

To me, there is no point playing kha zix right now

Oceanic servers are so screwed up. 80% of the games i've seen in low-gold elo have people using 3rd party programs for buff timers.

First game I was surprised one of my laners was timing blue and red. Second game, I got suspicious.

Third game, it was just stupid.

It's like pirate country here. Do whatever you want with no consequences!

Glad I never switched servers

they've got no tribunal sort of system there yet right? everything is just manual ban waves at the moment.

drawkcaB

SZGF said:
4.11 will buff ancient golem.

We don't know that yet. If it were a buff to Ancient Golem I don't think Riot would use this sort of vague language:

We think tank junglers are in need of a jungle item that better supports their play style across the board.

Terbinator said:
From my experience I don't think there is one anywhere else either.

=P good one.

drawkcaB

Remake is possible. I don't think it's a simple numbers buff. Anyone have "how to mid lane" guides or videos handy? Not so much champ specific, but stuff like how to trade, when to roam, etc.

Is there a list of champs that are capable (design of their kit) of carrying really awful players (that is, decent players who pick champs they don't play often and get wrecked)? I get the strong impression already that I need to transition from Jayce to one of those.

My Jayce atm is around a 70% win rate after 20 ranked matches. But I was only able to go 2 - 2 yesterday on him while posting what I would consider a respectable KDA in those 4 games of 25/7/14. Certainly nothing special, but I usually dominated my lane. Still, it's nothing spectacular and certainly not putting me in position to be a difference-maker in the mid game. By the time I'd look to rotate (maybe around 11 or 12 minutes via teleport ganking), team in-fighting had already started or people were losing lanes pretty hard. I consistently felt like I was firefighter looking at multiple houses burning down, trying to assess which could be put out and which needed to be put out. Whether to leave some top that I'd shut down to free farm and take 2 towers, or go and make plays. Sometimes I'd leave and it would have been the right call. Sometimes I'd stay and it would have felt like the right decision.

I feel like while I can wreck with Jayce, I feel limited. That is, I can't go in 3v1 and mop a team. I can't 100% people from level 3 like a Riven can (at least, not very often) and go up 4 kills on a lane opponent in 10 minutes (though I did that a few games ago to a Yi who ended up rage quitting). I can't go out and get an easy quadrakill like you can with Yi once all the enemy CC is on cooldown. On the flip side, it's fair to say that most popular tops aren't capable of doing that either. Most are tanks that just want to sit and farm, with very few exceptions. But idunno...I just feel like in order to win some of the games Iv'e been in, I would have had to have multiple kills inside of 10 minutes to go with my game-leading CS and then be able to rotate and take multiple towers. I feel like I shouldn't have to work so hard so often, putting out so many fires. And I don't think Jayce is a great fireman. I can make him work, but I don't know yet how to carry with him with an bot lane that starts 0/14 or when an ADC manages to forget to take flash. People are dying from a basic failure to understand positioning and what the enemy team's comp wants to accomplish in team fights. As such, maybe I'll have to put Jayce down and work with more pub stomp champs. IDK.

BlazinAm

Not sure if it's just because I'm bad, but Kha'Zix jungle post-nerf seems a bit flaccid. Maybe it's because I'm bad, but I don't seem to do anywhere near as much damage as before, and I get blown up with no defense stats on ult.

I'm probably just doing it all wrong, but any tips on playing new Kha'Zix?

Maybe mid might work for him but it is hard for him to trade with other assassins without the isolation damage.

Leezard

Is there a list of champs that are capable (design of their kit) of carrying really awful players (that is, decent players who pick champs they don't play often and get wrecked)? I get the strong impression already that I need to transition from Jayce to one of those.

My Jayce atm is around a 70% win rate after 20 ranked matches. But I was only able to go 2 - 2 yesterday on him while posting what I would consider a respectable KDA in those 4 games of 25/7/14. Certainly nothing special, but I usually dominated my lane. Still, it's nothing spectacular and certainly not putting me in position to be a difference-maker in the mid game. By the time I'd look to rotate (maybe around 11 or 12 minutes via teleport ganking), team in-fighting had already started or people were losing lanes pretty hard. I consistently felt like I was firefighter looking at multiple houses burning down, trying to assess which could be put out and which needed to be put out. Whether to leave some top that I'd shut down to free farm and take 2 towers, or go and make plays. Sometimes I'd leave and it would have been the right call. Sometimes I'd stay and it would have felt like the right decision.

I feel like while I can wreck with Jayce, I feel limited. That is, I can't go in 3v1 and mop a team. I can't 100% people from level 3 like a Riven can (at least, not very often) and go up 4 kills on a lane opponent in 10 minutes (though I did that a few games ago to a Yi who ended up rage quitting). I can't go out and get an easy quadrakill like you can with Yi once all the enemy CC is on cooldown. On the flip side, it's fair to say that most popular tops aren't capable of doing that either. Most are tanks that just want to sit and farm, with very few exceptions. But idunno...I just feel like in order to win some of the games Iv'e been in, I would have had to have multiple kills inside of 10 minutes to go with my game-leading CS and then be able to rotate and take multiple towers. I feel like I shouldn't have to work so hard so often, putting out so many fires. And I don't think Jayce is a great fireman. I can make him work, but I don't know yet how to carry with him with an bot lane that starts 0/14 or when an ADC manages to forget to take flash. As such, maybe I'll have to put Jayce down and work with more pub stomp champs. IDK.
If you want to be able to 1v3 people, pubstomping, etc, you might want to look up high damage assassins with resets or low cooldowns. Yi can certainly be played top lane, but you will need to leave your lane and go gank other lanes. Yi, Rengar, Katarina and fizz should all be capable of this in some extent. Kassadin should be able to do it as well.
Edit: you can try to watch Ryan choi's stream, he does this with Yi and Rengar on diamond /challenger level. link: http://www.twitch.tv/ryanchoilol

Jeff-DSA

If you want to be able to 1v3 people, pubstomping, etc, you might want to look up high damage assassins with resets or low cooldowns. Yi can certainly be played top lane, but you will need to leave your lane and go gank other lanes. Yi, Rengar, Katarina and fizz should all be capable of this in some extent. Kassadin should be able to do it as well.
Edit: you can try to watch Ryan choi's stream, he does this with Yi and Rengar on diamond /challenger level.

Yeah, off the top of my head I can think of Yi, Katarina, Fizz, Vayne (depending on your ability to not be a typical sucky Vayne), Talon, Kassadin, Jax, Zed, Leblanc, Fiora, Tristana, Nasus, and Ziggs.

I mean, any champion can do it if properly fed, but the ones above seem to me to be more capable of coming from behind after picking up a couple of kills to get going. At the same time, if they get behind, they're a nightmare to do much with.

drawkcaB

Going 2-2 one evening doesn't mean you have to reevaluate your champion pool, particularly when you played well enough to win. A 70% win rate with a champ is fantastic. The vast majority of players who main a particular champion don't even get that. There's 4 other players on your team and some will lose, some will win, but if you're constantly winning your own lane than odds are you will rack up wins.

Leezard

Going 2-2 one evening doesn't mean you have to reevaluate your champion pool, particularly when you played well enough to win. A 70% win rate with a champ is fantastic. The vast majority of players who main a particular champion don't even get that. There's 4 other players on your team and some will lose, some will win, but if you're constantly winning your own lane than odds are you will rack up wins.

This is a good comment as well, 70% win rate is excellent. There will always be some games where you can't carry no matter how well you play.

I think my highest win rate champion is Nami, at 64% win over 67 games in ranked.

Ferrio

Banned
Edit: you can try to watch Ryan choi's stream, he does this with Yi and Rengar on diamond /challenger level. link: http://www.twitch.tv/ryanchoilol

Yup you need an assassin, or a good ap mid.. Jayce is great if you wanna make top lane cry, but in teamfights unless you have a team built to take advantage of his poke.. you aren't going to be doing much.

Thanks for the insight and thoughts, guys. I'll see how today goes, but I'm definitely going to look into those options. I have all of the mentioned champs except Rengar (who I simply didn't enjoy when I played him during his free weeks) and have played all of them enough to be comfortable with them.

Only suggestion I'm not 100% sure about is Nasus because he takes *so long* to come online. But hell, I'll give him an audition or two as well. I'm very comfortable playing him. I just...

...the window that most of these losses are being decided in is minutes 10-20. So I guess I'm looking for champs that can win their lane more often than not (if not outright dominate), but then rotate around after taking top tower and make up for a failed ADC and Mid.

Jeff-DSA

I don't like playing Nasus at all. I think it almost feels like a chore to use him. He's insanely strong, sure, but it's almost like pulling weeds for a while.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't like playing Nasus at all. I think it almost feels like a chore to use him. He's insanely strong, sure, but it's almost like pulling weeds for a while.

I find him one of the less stressful champions to play. I mean you just Q shit for 20-30mins, occassionally bopping your lane opponent because they still think they can push you around.

Only suggestion I'm not 100% sure about is Nasus because he takes *so long* to come online. But hell, I'll give him an audition or two as well. I'm very comfortable playing him. I just...

...the window that most of these losses are being decided in is minutes 10-20. So I guess I'm looking for champs that can win their lane more often than not (if not outright dominate), but then rotate around after taking top tower and make up for a failed ADC and Mid.
Nasus does not take that long to ramp up.

Get a couple resistances, a sheen and around 100 stacks and there will be few top bruisers that will beat you in trades. By around 15 minutes you should already be pretty dangerous if left unchecked.

Ferrio

Banned
Nasus does not take that long to ramp up.

Get a couple resistances, a sheen and around 100 stacks and there will be few top bruisers that will beat you in trades. By around 15 minutes you should already be pretty dangerous if left unchecked.

Yep soon as you get your lane dependant resistance+sheen you usually can't get pushed around anymore top if you've been good on your csing.

drawkcaB

Man, that unswlolsoc mid lane guide is really out of date. Shit sure does change in a year. Meh, even then it's not remotely as good as the ADC guide.

Tizoc

Kinda want to get that Lucian+TF Football skin bundle but for $40 worth of Riot Points? Hmm...

Is Trinity Force or Sheen good on Talon?

Jeff-DSA

Is Trinity Force or Sheen good on Talon?

I've never played either on him. My go to build worked well for me last night, though the match ended before I was full build. I rush Hydra, get boots of mobility, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Last Whisper, Bloodthirster, and then either get Black Cleaver or Guardian Angel depending on how the match is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom