• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

The legion grows.

02VlSfA.png

Love the choice of the group profile picture
ughhhhh

wtf lol
I'm approximately 3 big losing streaks, and 4 big winning streaks away from Plat whoo!

go get 'em

brian!

Is there a list of champs that are capable (design of their kit) of carrying really awful players (that is, decent players who pick champs they don't play often and get wrecked)? I get the strong impression already that I need to transition from Jayce to one of those.

My Jayce atm is around a 70% win rate after 20 ranked matches. But I was only able to go 2 - 2 yesterday on him while posting what I would consider a respectable KDA in those 4 games of 25/7/14. Certainly nothing special, but I usually dominated my lane. Still, it's nothing spectacular and certainly not putting me in position to be a difference-maker in the mid game. By the time I'd look to rotate (maybe around 11 or 12 minutes via teleport ganking), team in-fighting had already started or people were losing lanes pretty hard. I consistently felt like I was firefighter looking at multiple houses burning down, trying to assess which could be put out and which needed to be put out. Whether to leave some top that I'd shut down to free farm and take 2 towers, or go and make plays. Sometimes I'd leave and it would have been the right call. Sometimes I'd stay and it would have felt like the right decision.

I feel like while I can wreck with Jayce, I feel limited. That is, I can't go in 3v1 and mop a team. I can't 100% people from level 3 like a Riven can (at least, not very often) and go up 4 kills on a lane opponent in 10 minutes (though I did that a few games ago to a Yi who ended up rage quitting). I can't go out and get an easy quadrakill like you can with Yi once all the enemy CC is on cooldown. On the flip side, it's fair to say that most popular tops aren't capable of doing that either. Most are tanks that just want to sit and farm, with very few exceptions. But idunno...I just feel like in order to win some of the games Iv'e been in, I would have had to have multiple kills inside of 10 minutes to go with my game-leading CS and then be able to rotate and take multiple towers. I feel like I shouldn't have to work so hard so often, putting out so many fires. And I don't think Jayce is a great fireman. I can make him work, but I don't know yet how to carry with him with an bot lane that starts 0/14 or when an ADC manages to forget to take flash. People are dying from a basic failure to understand positioning and what the enemy team's comp wants to accomplish in team fights. As such, maybe I'll have to put Jayce down and work with more pub stomp champs. IDK.

try playing adc, jungle, or mid

Type2

I'm going to push for plat in the next week or two. Feeling pretty good about climbing the ladder.
I've still got a few runes I need to buy but that should take 4 games.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is there a way to tell if it was a drophack as opposed to server problems, connection problems, or ISP problems?

We just killed their jungler and ADC and were on our way to Baron for a victory...it's kinda obvious.

Blizzard

Banned
We just killed their jungler and ADC and were on our way to Baron for a victory...it's kinda obvious.
Does it disconnect all players at once or just some? I've seen a lot of connection problems but very rarely an entire team. I wonder if drophacks are widely used or only occasionally.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Does it disconnect all players at once or just some? I've seen a lot of connection problems but very rarely an entire team. I wonder if drophacks are widely used or only occasionally.

Whole game vanishes, everyone gets disconnected.

Drophacks happen every now and again in Diamond supposedly. But Gold? C'mon son.

It was getting built in competitive before this patch so I would think so.

Still not used to Pantheon's ultimate being so slow after the changes/nerfs. Don't think I'll be running mid Panth after that game (won, but so many gank escapes due to the large warning time on the ult).

Jeff-DSA

I didn't know about the drop hack, but I've definitely seen it recently. 3-4 games (yes, in bronze no less) where we've had an overwhelming advantage it's gone crazy and dropped and erased the entire match out of the match history. It usually happens after a big lopsided team fight win or during a final push. I always blame Riot's servers and my poor luck with timing on these things, but now it's a bit more obvious that we were getting screwed with.

this is basically every ranked game i play

people need to learn to base after inhibitors

and people need to learn never to do baron

Ugh, I can't even count how many games we've thrown at the end by not backing to base after taking an inhibitor. I ping like an annoying little dickhead only to watch my team get wiped out after I back. They don't understand the value of buying, healing, and then pushing with stronger minion waves. Instead they get greedy and want to head straight for the nexus where TWO turrets are there to fight under.

Intervention (R) cooldown increased to 110/95/80 from 90/75/60
About goddamn time
i don't know that much about adc but i feel like youmuu's might actually be a pretty decent item now
Tabzz was saying Ghostblade as your second item on BoTRK carries is very strong.

I wonder which carries can take advantage of this. Perhaps MF as well?

Ferrio

Banned
About goddamn time

Tabzz was saying Ghostblade as your second item on BoTRK carries is very strong.

Twitch is suppose to be excellent with it.

I'm really hating this ADCs must rule the world patch.

try playing adc, jungle, or mid

I'll def take this under advisement as well. I spent most of last seasons juggling, so it wouldn't be an issue. I just...I switched from jungle precisely because I didn't want to feel responsible for putting out fires in multiple lanes. And yet, that's precisely how I feel when playing top. Instead of adding to the decent play of teammates, I'm spending my time balling out bad play of teammates. People putting themselves in holes that they aren't necessarily capable of digging themselves out of.

Kenai

I'll def take this under advisement as well. I spent most of last seasons juggling, so it wouldn't be an issue. I just...I switched from jungle precisely because I didn't want to feel responsible for putting out fires in multiple lanes. And yet, that's precisely how I feel when playing top. Instead of adding to the decent play of teammates, I'm spending my time balling out bad play of teammates. People putting themselves in holes that they aren't necessarily capable of digging themselves out of.

Mid is super important too since if you are winning your lane (and depending on champ even if not) you can duck down to bot or rush up to top and be the difference that gets their lane won. A lot of champs work really well mid too (even jayce would be fine there I think).

ADC is also fun but relying so directly on your support to help make sure you can farm can be a tossup.

zkylon

zkylewd
I was testing some builds in customs. Seems like the best builds for Draven/Quinn are IE--->Ghostblade.
yea my draven build was ie+zeal+ghostblade

i want to try that on mf too

About goddamn time

prolly not, mf would like bt better even if not rushing it

i don't like new bjork so much, 10% lifesteal feels awful imo

also yea about fucking time with the kayle nerfs

I wish she have some rework, her model is just rare.

You should post more sona stuff...
i try to be diverse with my posts

today was lux's day

i'd love if lux got splash art vus

so i can use my other skins <3

well like you have to find the style that suits you

some people like making moves around the map with tp or just survive lane and scale, some people like building supporty and going like blue trinket+sightstone on junglers, etc.

i personally just like to farm and not give a fuck about my team

i just focus on my own shit, so mid/adc works pretty ok

if you want to be more like that make the switch

support, jungle and top are a lot more team oriented which is gonna make you frustrated if you don't like covering for your teammates' weaknesses

Ferrio

Banned
i just focus on my own shit, so mid/adc works pretty ok

if you want to be more like that make the switch

support, jungle and top are a lot more team oriented which is gonna make you frustrated if you don't like covering for your teammates' weaknesses

Wut? That's top job. The island. Play 1v1 for 30 minutes then realize there's 8 other people in the game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I want to learn top lane but it's just so boring to me. All the low elo junglers I've seen completely ignore it so it's just a 1v1 farm-off for 20 minutes.

Jeff-DSA

I want to learn top lane but it's just so boring to me. All the low elo junglers I've seen completely ignore it so it's just a 1v1 farm-off for 20 minutes.

I actually think that Renekton is a lot of fun because you bully your lane so hard and you get a lot of opportunity to have big mid-game impact. Fiora is a blast to play, but she has a bit more of a learning curve. Ryze is everybody's current man crush, but I don't have experience with him.

I want to learn Darius, as he seems fun and gets crazy when he's fed.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wut? That's top job. The island. Play 1v1 for 30 minutes then realize there's 8 other people in the game.
well yea i thought it may be interpreted that way so my bad for not explaining

like, top lane does that for 30 minutes a lot of times, using tp just to catch up in lane and live in their own world, that's true

but since it's mostly not a carry role they're more reliant on their team

not saying top can't carry or whatever but u get what i mean

i also don't play much top lane cos i don't like the champions

Newt

So I tried the build on Draven, and I kinda like it. Here's how goes.
First back: Doran's+Longsword
Second back: BF+Vamp
Third back: Pickaxe, Cloak
Fourth back: IE
Fifth back: Bruta
Sixth back: Zeal
Seventh back: GB+Pickaxe

You just pop on that passive and mow people down, having Janna for the movement speed helps too.

brian!

you moo is great, it helps out in terms of quickening your power spike and is in general a c00l item after the buff
i dunno about after ie tho, like I feel like if I invest in ie I'll want to back it up with pd/shiv for crit, but it really isnt a bad pick up at all
the twitch build atm is probably botrk->youmuu

some lucians last patch would go dbl lifesteal and some would get youmuus, i think w/ botrk being the pickup if you want lifesteal it wouldnt be too weird to see botrk youmuu lucian, tho tabz says you should do cutlass -> tri -> botrk

zkylon

zkylewd
you moo is great, it helps out in terms of quickening your power spike and is in general a c00l item after the buff
i dunno about after ie tho, like I feel like if I invest in ie I'll want to back it up with pd/shiv for crit, but it really isnt a bad pick up at all
the twitch build atm is probably botrk->youmuu

some lucians last patch would go dbl lifesteal and some would get youmuus, i think w/ botrk being the pickup if you want lifesteal it wouldnt be too weird to see botrk youmuu lucian, tho tabz says you should do cutlass -> tri -> botrk

well like yumoo still gives you like 15% crit

you end up at like 40%, seems pretty ok for me

I meant MF with Ghostblade as second item.

BT is poop as a first item on anyone.
oh, rite

i dunno, i think mf might like just like a pd better, haven't thought it too well but i feel like cdr is kind of a waste on her and since w procs are magic damage it might be a bit of a waste of arpen.

but then again i bet she chunks people super hard with like a aa q aa combo with bruta

brian!

makes sense
tho like i said its not what id build on an ie dood
like i wouldnt build trinity or just a zeal for crits or expect it to give me too many
the armor pen is supa hot tho and the active is insane for 6 seconds on ranged

i think i read dbl or tabz saying that shiv can give you a spike that might be more necesary now
oh actually heres tabz on draven: "Draven can go IE -> ghostblade but its weaker than his BT rush so his powerspike is later."

zkylon

zkylewd
makes sense
tho like i said its not what id build on an ie dood
like i wouldnt build trinity or just a zeal for crits or expect it to give me too many
the armor pen is supa hot tho

yea it's weird

like it costs almost as much as a pd but it's sort of not making the most out of like the ie passive

which is why i tried it with buying zeal first but then it just delays your powerspike

it's complicated ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom