• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

I feel like maybe part of the problem is that I was using my ult to initiate, so once I went in with E, W, Auto-Q, I was basically just a big purple punching bag for 10 seconds. My build also didn't incorporate much CDR at all, only CDR i built was ghostblade.

The best way to do his combo is to go in with E to silence, Q and an auto attack, then ult. The ult will finish when you do something else, so you can hit with the W at that point, which will bring the blades back in. By that point they're usually dead. If not, Ignite will finish them off.

TomShoe

Banned
Q4HX9.jpg

Yeah, that's enough League for one week. I'm just trying to get over how ridiculous this loss was. Forced to play Shyvana support, Tristana feeds, we get ahead hard, teammates don't push objectives, Godyr comes back from AFK, Akali starts scaling, we get destroyed.

SZGF

Banned
Q4HX9.jpg

Yeah, that's enough League for one week. I'm just trying to get over how ridiculous this loss was. Forced to play Shyvana support, Tristana feeds, we get ahead hard, teammates don't push objectives, Godyr comes back from AFK, Akali starts scaling, we get destroyed.

Hint: You weren't really supporting.

woot?

i love sona but in my skins list

ori > lux > sona

Mine could be

Leona > Lux > Sona (because I have Arcade sona and having so much fun with Nami "I am gonna take you to purgatory =3" skin)

Newt

Q4HX9.jpg

You seem like you don't even understand basic gameplay concepts. I would stop blaming your team.

I won 6 rankeds in a row, got in promos. Then in my first game of promos my mid feed then rage quit.

The feeling when you resign yourself to defeat. And you see the magical words...

LOSS PREVENTED.

Thanks based Riot.

Jeff-DSA

Even if you're forced into supporting with a non-support champion, you can't take the CS. Unless you got a lot of that 200 really late, your ADC suffered for you killing minions. I doubt you'll get into that situation much more, but if you do, don't take farm.

Blizzard

Banned
Even if you're forced into supporting with a non-support champion, you can't take the CS. Unless you got a lot of that 200 really late, your ADC suffered for you killing minions. I doubt you'll get into that situation much more, but if you do, don't take farm.
Considering the ADC almost had more CS than anyone on the enemy team, that wasn't an issue.

What might be an issue is the attitude displayed in the chat, however.

zkylon

zkylewd
Mine could be

Leona > Lux > Sona (because I have Arcade sona and having so much fun with Nami "I am gonna take you to purgatory =3" skin)

yea i mean i have a bunch of skins for sona and lux which is why i'm putting ori first

ori like needs a cool skin more than anyone in the game

ANYONE

pigeon

Banned
Shh, how am I supposed to cover up my horrible teamplay when your logic keeps getting in the way? Quiet you.

It's funny because you raged at your teammates for being terrible and said you were going to report them, when actually the problem was your failure to coordinate and cooperate with them and the fact that you agreed to play a role you refused to actually fill!

Oh, wait, no, it's toxic. Sorry! Those words are super easy to mix up.

Jeff-DSA

Considering the ADC almost had more CS than anyone on the enemy team, that wasn't an issue.

Well, the ADC never got full build, so I think that the lost CS could have prevented them from being able to actually carry to some degree. It's hard to judge from a simple screenshot, but something more to help with Akali going nuts would have been big.

Shh, how am I supposed to cover up my horrible teamplay when your logic keeps getting in the way? Quiet you.
idk

I mean I've played some pretty retarded supports (master yi support) before but the one thing that everyone knows to do is to not take CS from the ADC unless you have relic shield (you didn't.), always buy a Sightstone and ways to clear vision (you didn't) and always have a summoner to help your team in medium-large scale engagements like exhaust or ignite. Like that's not a "teamplay" issue. That's just not doing the right thing.

uh an adc up by 20 cs over laners is already pretty strong. 200 cs would have let him just crap on their entire team in fights.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think you guys may be being a bit too harsh with the guy

like he's level 27, not everything has fallen into place yet

just don't be an asshole, don't call people stupid fucks, it's not nice

i think you guys may be being a bit too harsh with the guy

like he's level 27, not everything has fallen into place yet

just don't be an asshole, don't call people stupid fucks, it's not nice
back in my day when u were lvl 27 evryone called u a staff captain baddie and den hit u offline in squad battle.

TomShoe

Banned
It's no big deal, I posted this knowing this was the reaction I was going to get.

Just had to vent somewhere, this game was more frustrating than laning against Darius.

SZGF

Banned
It's no big deal, I posted this knowing this was the reaction I was going to get.

Just had to vent somewhere, this game was more frustrating than laning against Darius.

To give you advice, pink wards are the easiest way to shut down Akali in team fights and for when ganking her. If you're concerned about Akali snowballing, carrying around a pink ward is a good investment.

Your team was very good at team fighting with around 4 AOE abilities, while the enemy team had several assassins and would ideally want to pick you guys off one by one. The ideal way to play your team was to group up and push them or group up and take objectives. You also sorely needed wards to prevent pick offs.

Somebody has to make the sacrifice and buy a sightstone. The ~800 gold it costs to buy a sightstone might mean 800g less for your Hydra, but it's worth in vision is far more powerful than 800g of any item you could buy.

zkylon

zkylewd
also i suggest if you want to save yourself some headaches to just never lock in when playing blind games and always just fill whatever's up

people will just shit on what you've called and it's not really worth arguing about

Freakin' Hecarim man. That dude is the worst champ to get fed. You can't do anything to him if he's ahead.

Pro-tip: If your mid and support keep feeding Hecarim, just call it a day early and surrender at 20.
I've been on the losing end of a fed Hecarim before. The first time I engaged him (he had like 7-8 kills already, I was top lane) I hit him for almost zero damage.

Jeff-DSA

Yeah supports feeding hecarim is the worst.

It's sort of understandable if they die in ganks, it's awful if they die because they roamed after backing. Our support would B, and then come down the mid lane. That's not a terrible tactic all the time, but it is when they die over and over and keep doing it.

Wildesy

"If you can't carry 4 retards versus 5 retards, then consider the possibility that you're just as retarded as the people you're stuck with."

I'm still figuring out what I want to do/can do for the next OT.

Dob is super busy so I think I'll be solo on this one, unless people want to help on the image side.

Either way I'll say soon whether I can do it or not.

heytred

Neo Member
Q4HX9.jpg

You didn't even itemize as a support... sure it sucks to be in the position you were in, but you didn't even posture yourself to actually HELP the ADC... then, reading the post game chat... seems like you may have been as much of the problem here as anyone else.

Quit blaming your team and find out what YOU can do better. Can't control unknown variables bub.

drawkcaB

This will be the first League thread in awhile that I don't think I'll be high on the wall of shame.

Ooooo look at me, Mr. I have a life over here. Big shot.

Stone Ocean said:
Sounds like Ghostblade second might become the norm after all, at least on BoTRK carries.

Had a Trist game with a BotRK start last night. Thought of building GB second, but I'm not sure whether or not its recommended on Trist since only her AAs benefit from the ArPen. I'll have to try it next time I guess.

I'm going to ask this question again because I wasn't able to get mid on SR last night for practice - if I play my potential mage picks on TT (Ori, Liss, Ziggs, throw in some Lulu, Zyra and maybe Karma, Fizz, Talon for good measure) will skills like last hitting, trading, champ mechanics, and intangible stuff like comfort playing a champion translate to SR? I know they're different, but right now I get to play mid only so often and I'm unable to build any sort of "learning flow" like I did with jungle, support, and to less extent ADC. I'm so preoccupied with just learning champ mechanics I'm not really learning how to play mid as a position/role anyways.

heytred said:
You didn't even itemize as a support... sure it sucks to be in the position you were in, but you didn't even posture yourself to actually HELP the ADC... then, reading the post game chat... seems like you may have been as much of the problem here as anyone else.

Quit blaming your team and find out what YOU can do better. Can't control unknown variables bub.

The other team doesn't have a support either. He's not even level 30 yet. He's probably better off playing champions he's comfortable with and learning their ins-and-outs at his level/experience than he is forcing himself to play a true support which his ADC and the rest of his team wouldn't know how to benefit from anyways. But yeah, attitude could be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom