• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really bummed off those in houses. Put myself on tilt and those vi bugs only made things worse.

first game was zero fun cuz i wasnt on a comfort role in bot and closer is a really good AD

second game was really close, had a lot of fun in that one. It's great being able to communicate fully with your team and know that the other team is communicating that well too.

Ferga

Wait wtf

Kog maw W has no mana cost. Wow.

And people thought sieging against ziggs was hard.

And hahahahahahahah to the tf buff.

It's like starving a man and then throwing him orange and toothpaste flavoured ice cream on his 3rd day.

zkylon

zkylewd
itYmfnY6k5Dun.png

man i seriously wish there was a way to lower my elo. it's like i've reached the other end of elo hell and i'm set with the worst types of diamonds. mumu camped top hard like you wouldn't believe and him and xin kept taunting riven telling her ez ez ez ez mad etc.

then they build random shit, get outplayed, we stomp them and we all 5 go ez ez ez ez after the game.

but no way they're taking defeat with some dignity and they'll whine tryhards or mad or whatever. felt bad for the duo bot that didn't really ask to get matched with trolls.

i do enjoy knocking them down a peg but i really feel like feeding like 50 games in a row just to stop playing with these idiots

na screw dem familial obligations

my gf's nephew loves to do troll shit all the time. i hate it

no fun allowed.jpg
yea it's not like he trolls, he's just not good and gets mad at every comment i make. which kind of makes sense since brothers are dumb that way but still

Aparently the new rumble skin will be a Gurren Lagann reference

im ok with this
rly?

Boken

Banned
Sorry if you guys seen this already. I'll give you a little spoiler.
The city is destroyed. It's no more
However, in my body, in my heart-
It lives on.
My fire will burn through the heavens.
If Bilgewater stops me I will blow them away
And pierce everything to my victory
Who the hell do you think I am
I am Rumble, not a coconut seller.
I am myself
I AM XX XXX RUMBLE!

Nekofrog

Banned
dimb velkoz ult + leona ult on whole team = carried a drunk 2nd time pantheon that used ult to get to buffs to victory.

somehow

OrligVU.jpg

Tizoc

A lot of talons damage comes from his spells, so straight ad and armor penetration are key.

Items like ravenous hydra, bloodthirster, last whisper etc.

No Attack Speed, and usually not Critical either.

AD Casters do almost all their damage with their spells, so they don't build with the assumption they're going to get to auto-attack freely. Instead, they build straight AD, Armor Penetration, and Cooldown Reduction.

So, for Talon it's usually something like Brutalizer -> Bloodthirster -> Last Whisper, though depending on the lane you might grab a Hexdrinker in there rather than BT, and a lot of the time the BT will have to get put off until you get a defensive item. You could maybe also make a case for BotRK just for the active.

Tiamat's also a possibility, depending on the lane, but it's not super great on Talon. He's kind of a mess, itemization wise, unless you're playing him in the jungle (in which case Elder Lizard fills out his build neatly).

Thanks, sorry it was 4 AM when I made my post and that was after trying Cait.
Girl's like freakin' wet paper *shivers*

So my mid lane picks a teemo blindly. Other team picks Ziggs and J4. The results when J4 ganked were predictable to say the least. After picking up 5 kills mid in the first 10 minutes he was unstoppable. As a Vi jungle there was just nothing I could do. Pre 6 I can't gank mid because teemo is too farm behind and has no follow up cc, so I'm essentially useless. I can't gank bot or top anymore because if there is the slightest hint of a countergank I'm fucked since J4 is so huge. Just absurd.

This guy mains teemo mid. It appears to be like 65% of what he plays. Just such a stupid mid champion, gets destroyed by any competent jungler and pretty much any meta mid laner. Going to out harass Ziggs? lmao.

Well NOW we know who to bug when we want things changed!

You'd technically want to bug Live Balance, not Champion Design, unless you're prescient and want champions to be changed before they leave the foundry. That's how Riot manages to keep the largest, most obnoxious fanbase on Earth from driving their employees insane: compartmentalization.

Mothman91

How do Rengar's Trophies work? Are they items that appear in the shop?
I'm guessing you're talking about his special item. I don't play him but the basic idea is that you buy it and get kills/assists and you get the buffs depending how many trophies you have.

I think they are going to have it as his trinket item so it doesn't waste space as a item slot.

About time Riot is balancing enchantments.
How do Rengar's Trophies work? Are they items that appear in the shop?
You buy the Bonetooth necklace. While you have it, kills and assists will give you stacks while deaths will remove stacks. Once you reach certain thresholds, you gain passive buffs like increased jump range and the like.

Tizoc

Ah OK thanks for clearing it up.

I'm liking the champs provided this week.
Gonna try:
Diana
Rengar
Kha'Zix
Maybe Nami
Maybe Twitch

I once played against a Twitch that wrecked up, he had attack speed buffed iirc.

My first Talon match.
Our fiddlesticks was fucking up a lot and I kinda messed up at times myself, but overall it was a good experience.
Just need to manage my items better, like what I should build first.
6lImHJX.jpg

Way I see it:
Replace Last Whisper with Black Cleaver for health and cooldown
Build R. Hydra first or 2nd weapon

For boots I'm thinking either the defensive ones or Ionian since he totally needs the cooldown.

Can Tank Talon work though? I find myself dieing really quickly in team battles sometimes =P

Can Tank Talon work though? I find myself dieing really quickly in team battles sometimes =P
No. The only defensive items you should be getting are GA and maaaaaaaybe a Banshee's Veil if you're dying before you can actually do work.

Also LW is way too important for AD assassins, never get Cleaver instead of it. Both is good if you have more AD champions in your team, but LW is essential.

garath

I once played against a Twitch that wrecked up, he had attack speed buffed iirc.

My first Talon match.
Our fiddlesticks was fucking up a lot and I kinda messed up at times myself, but overall it was a good experience.
Just need to manage my items better, like what I should build first.
6lImHJX.jpg

Way I see it:
Replace Last Whisper with Black Cleaver for health and cooldown
Build R. Hydra first or 2nd weapon

For boots I'm thinking either the defensive ones or Ionian since he totally needs the cooldown.

For mid Talon I usually rush a brutalizer and then work on hydra. After that build a last whisper. Later I turn brutalizer into ghostblade. I like mobo boots early which I later sell for defensive boots. Talon is a lot of fun when you have mobos and your pop ghostblade and your ult and run about 100 miles an hour into someone and blow them up.

dealing any damage to anything will put mobos on cooldown.
Yeah, but you don't need to just do that, anything that makes you be considered in combat puts it on CD - like Eve's W for example.

I'd figure just casting his ult without hitting anything would put it on CD.

garath

Doesn't his ult put Mobos on CD?

His ult by itself doesn't. Once he hits someone it will. It's hilarious how fast he moves. Ghostblade will be core on my Talon jungle build. Lol

edit: I guess it's possible that the mobos go on cooldown. I'll have to test that. I haven't really noticed that being the case though.

Tizoc

Thanks for te info guys, Ill fix my item set as such.
If I'm against an AD team why not use a Froze Heart? Extra mana to stay in lane+cooldown which Talon needs.

Will check up lolpro for builds for Twitch and the others.

Because Talon wants to get in, kill something and then either get out or die. Frozen Heart is meant for champions that don't need items to dish out damage and just want to stay in the frontline for the aura.

You don't need that much CDR and if you really want it there are better options for a champ like him - Ionian Boots, Cleaver, Ghostblade.

Tizoc

Gotcha, now I'm at an empasse:
My starter items for Talon are Vampiric Scepter and Brutilizer. Making both costs 2100, Ghostblade is 2700, should I go for cooldown and get Ghostblade early?

garath

Thanks for te info guys, Ill fix my item set as such.
If I'm against an AD team why not use a Froze Heart? Extra mana to stay in lane+cooldown which Talon needs.

Will check up lolpro for builds for Twitch and the others.

Talon needs the damages. He just can't stay in the middle of a fight like that. His job is to get in, burst someone down and get out before he gets killed, wait out his cooldowns and go in again.

The only defensive item I'd buy on him is guardian angel. That'll let you run in, burst someone, pop the GA and do a little more damage when you revive (provided your team lived that long). Honestly Talon isn't the best lategame carry as it is.

Gotcha, now I'm at an empasse:
My starter items for Talon are Vampiric Scepter and Brutilizer. Making both costs 2100, Ghostblade is 2700, should I go for cooldown and get Ghostblade early?

If you want a decent item by the numbers start I'd do this:

flask + pots start for the sustain
First back get a couple doran's blades if you need the early health + damage or get long swords for a brutalizer.
Then build boots so you can roam better
Then work on Hydra
Then work on Last Whisper

So to sum it up

flask->brutalizer->hydra->last whisper->GA/ghostblade

Edwardo

I see thanks.

How do Kha'zix abilities work? How do you 'evolve' his abilities?

You evolve his abilities when you hit levels 6, 11, and 16. You'll get an option above each ability to choose which one you want to evolve, similar to leveling up a skill.

I see thanks.

How do Kha'zix abilities work? How do you 'evolve' his abilities?
Kha has a few little exclusive systems to him. First it's his passive, you get charges for it by disappearing from sight, either with the fog of war or by going invisible. Then there's his isolation, which I don't really understand the specifics since I don't play Khazix but you basically do more damage to stranded targets.

Every 5 levels when you level up your ultimate, you get a prompt to evolve one of your abilities (just like when you get a skill point, a button will appear on top of them). The evolved abilities get extra power and effects - Q raises your auto attack range and makes his Q hit harder, W turns his single missile into a 3 way missile, E increases the range of the leap and kills/assists reset the cooldown on it, R increases the duration of the stealth, the amount of times you can stealth and gives you a damage reduction buff while in stealth. You can have 3 of the 4 evolutions - you can get a 4th point in a minigame in really specific conditions, but that's almost never happening.

W evolution is trash, never get it. The others you'll pick based on what you need at the moment, but you'll probably want Q or E first.

Boken

Banned
his ult is a lot faster tho, cd and animation

he could still snowball like mad if you feed him like, 10 kills

yeah new distortion is so good its OP
i dont expect it to reach live in dat state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom