• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.
is philip the dota master of lolgaf
i herd hes been training

philip do u consider dota more forward insofar that league only has blue and purple side, but dota decided to call it radiant and dire

in captains mode there's 10 bans that sounds awesome

i stopped playing dota forever ago but i need to go back to it.

they have this guy that jungles and takes control of the jungle monsters and you control them like in an RTS.

so i dunno if you consider RTS mechanics forward thinking. i think that's a decision you have to make for yourself closer.

but i will watch your in-houses if that answers your question

brian!

i remember when I came to league from dota 1 and I couldn't control the units I had to like press r or some shit
that's when I knew the game was special

drawkcaB

I'm bummed that this probably all I can expect for Naut buffs for this season. Morello seems to think the changes are significant. Sigh.

Targets Affected: 5 --> 2
Now only affects you and the target nearest your cursor (within 700 range).
If it can't find anything near your cursor, it'll affect the most wounded nearby allied champion instead.
Cooldown: 300 --> 240
Heal Amount: 90-345 --> 90-495 (Scales non-linearly with level, more at higher levels)
Additional Effect: After healing the target, it then removes any healing reduction effects the target suffers.
Additional Effect: Targets healed also gain 30% Movement Speed for 2 seconds.

Yeah, let's fuck Graves more.

Type2

It seems too hopeful to think we can get inhouses going again today but im down. Def worthwhile to talk more in between games too.

Einbroch

Banned
They have to be careful with Naut, though. His passive is, in my opinion, one of the best passives in the game.

But he definitely needs buffs.

I'd personally lower the W CD to at least 16 and have the damage debuff persist shortly after the shield breaks, perhaps with less damage.

Extra 5% of bonus health is nothing. That's extra 25 from a Randuin.

Type2

I'm up for more inhouses, had fun last night. Captains mode? Nah, lets just stack teams in my favor. :)
Id like to support against you.

Does anyone know if the patch is today? I want to try some wriggles junglers.

Edit: I'm liking the new summoner spell tweaks but I feel like distortion enchants are way too strong now. I wish I could link changes but I'm on mobile.

drawkcaB

They have to be careful with Naut, though. His passive is, in my opinion, one of the best passives in the game.

But he definitely needs buffs.

Yes it is. There's so many things they could do. Even just reverting the last nerf on his W from last year (which came out of nowhere) would patch him right up.

Edwardo

i remember when I came to league from dota 1 and I couldn't control the units I had to like press r or some shit
that's when I knew the game was special

I'm still not used to pressing alt to control my homies.

I hear Phillip is secretly getting trained by Steven.

garath

Took a half day today. I've got time for one game. Playing Xin jungle for you drawkcab.

Wonder if I should try the new wriggles.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
wriggles is maybe worse than it was before the patch. i wouldn't get super excited about playing junglers that use it until its upgrade hits.

drawkcaB

Took a half day today. I've got time for one game. Playing Xin jungle for you drawkcab.

Wonder if I should try the new wriggles.

Mah brah. I need to try Wriggle's on him too, among a few other junglers. Just need to keep in mind that Feral Flare is not in the game yet. I'm sure Wriggle's alone falls off hard around the 20 min mark.

drawkcaB

I miss Graves :(
Only thing I hear which is suggested a lot is to change his R to more of an execution like Jinx.

He's getting a soft rework from what I read. They want him to be terrifying if he gets in the other ADCs face even more so than now. Personally love the concept, fits the whole outlaw with a shotgun thing.

Mothman91

Mah brah. I need to try Wriggle's on him too, among a few other junglers. Just need to keep in mind that Feral Flare is not in the game yet. I'm sure Wriggle's alone falls off hard around the 20 min mark.
Yup, plus the Spirit jungle items are just way better. The whole idea of conservation is just too good, allows you to gank more often without losing too much gold. I also was watching Oddones stream and he said Elder Lizard junglers are too good at the moment, which I noticed.

garath

Didn't even try wriggles. It still sucks.

I had a decent game but his problems still remained. Squishy and lacks damage. :(

He's just not tier 1 or even 2.

Granted I was out of practice with him but meh.. I'll try again.. I like his skin lol.

Mothman91

He's getting a soft rework from what I read. They want him to be terrifying if he gets in the other ADCs face even more so than now. Personally love the concept, fits the whole outlaw with a shotgun thing.
As long as it's soft , just really like his kit. Becomes a semi-tanky ADC lemmegetinyourfaceandfuckyoshitup type of dude.

Ashhong

Damn, lost 3 in a row in promos yesterday. Went adc each time and played like shit. Back to 78 points finally. Must get out of silverrrrrr

drawkcaB

Need some jungle input. I'm close to being done my jungle marathon to sort out my jungle picks and this is what I've done and planned so far:

Xin Zhao - Put in my main jungler pool
Volibear - Put in my main jungler pool
Vi - Put in my main jungler pool
Trundle - Put on my bench, on the bubble to make it into the main pool.
Nautilus - Put on my bench. I don't have the heart to just ditch him entirely.
Sejuani - Ditto.
Skarner - Put on my bench. He's a E slow buff away from being quite good.
Elise - Need to reevaluate. I'd like to keep her somewhere though.
Amumu - Feels strong, but for some reason I didn't have much fun. Removed from consideration.
Nocturne - Put on my bench until Riot takes a look at him.
Zac - Played like complete crap, felt awful. Removed from consideration.
Lee Sin - I feel like I'd have to invest an inordinate amount of time to learn him. Removed from consideration.

Are there any gapping holes among my picks? Outside of maybe Elise I don't have a magic damage jungler, not sure if it's necessary though.

dave is ok said:
They're nerfing Lee Sin? Why?

Because Lee Sin dominates the jungle meta. If you can't do what Lee Sin does (excellent early game ganks, excellent early game damage, excellent early objective control) then you won't be played in the jungle. If you can, then you will (Vi, Elise, Panth, Kha'Zix, Wukong). That type of jungler has pushed everything else out of contention, and now they all have to be addressed to bring back other types of junglers into competitive viability.

zkylon

zkylewd
reading at the summoner spell changes, i kinda wish they just removed barrier altogether. it's gotten to the point that it's like flash and the game's kinda being tuned around it, at least adc wise (and some mids).

i want to play graves again :(

drawkcaB

If you want an AP jungler, you could try Gragas. He's actually a really strong jungler.

Thought about it, but he's due for a rework as an AP bruiser which may or may not work in the jungle. For somewhat similar reasons I'm not playing Wukong or Pantheon either because they're both going to be nerfed, likely more than once in the next coming bit. I've never been much of a FoTM guy and I don't recall having much fun with either when I tried them out in lane a good while ago. Well, I dunno, how much would he really change, maybe I should try him.

I thought about Diana since I like playing her, but having to wait until 6 to make an impact sounds iffy to me. I've played junglers who really crank it up once they get to 6, but Diana seems to be in an entirely different spot. I guess I should at least try it out.

Stone Ocean said:
Assassins I guess? You have Vi, but you could consider something like Kha Zix, Eve, Panth to some extent.

Kha'Zix I should probably try. I don't have a full-on carry type jungler in the pool, though that has a lot to do with what I like to play. Not really concerned about his upcoming nerfs because he'll likely keep that identity and he was fun when I played him in lane a long time ago.

Diana its amazing but I have a question, do I need to put magic power o attack power to do more melee damage?

more AP is good. Lich Bane is always a great item on her, although it was nerfed a little bit.

Since all your spells scale off AP and your passive scales off AP, you want ability power for sure.

zkylon

zkylewd
Diana its amazing but I have a question, do I need to put magic power o attack power to do more melee damage?
if you want her to deal more with her autos you'll want either nashor's tooth or lich bane (or both). nashor tooth gives her more sustained damage with the attack speed which lets her proc her passive more often. lich bane gives her more burst since it adds good damage to her combos (but she has no many reliable ways of constantly be proccing its passive).

i think that with the passive buff jungle diana might be pretty decent.

Hey, zkylon are you, or anyone else, getting this error?
MVKCuBL.png
I get this (sometimes it just doesn't load) since Saturday...
It's the home page of the client.

I think it has something to do with me changing the language of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom