• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Who is a good support with Corki? This person I duo with keeps picking him and he's a good ADC overall, but Nami just doesn't mesh well with him IMO. Bear in mind I really CBA playing Thresh or Leo.

*Rito time
Just go full zyra and laugh as your opponents won't buy magic resistance.
Gragas is nice as well if you want something different.

Bacon

The only thing broken about Udyr is the brains of people who play Udyr
You can thank trick2g for that lol. I enjoy watching trick but he's spent months preaching the "madstone" technique where you buy spirit stone and madreds and afk farm until you get your flare. Only recently he has gone back to realize that ancient golem+ganking is perfectly viable and works out better than afk farming in a lot of cases.

I've been losing so many games lately. I was Diamond 2 less than a week ago but now am at like 18lp Diamond 3. Them loss streaks. Hopefully this weekend I can bring it back up.

I kinda want to play some Ahri. Haven't played her since Season 3 when she was my main.

I've been losing so many games lately. I was Diamond 2 less than a week ago but now am at like 18lp Diamond 3. Them loss streaks. Hopefully this weekend I can bring it back up.

download-25.jpg

Jeff-DSA

Failed my promos to get out of bronze last night, but I'll get back into them before the weekend again. I was a bit irritated at how terrible my teams were though. Like, they weren't just bad, they were some of the worst I've ever had. I swear that in promo series you get the absolute worst of the bunch available. I only played four games, but in two of them the team was fighting the whole time during champ select, I had a rage quitter in another, a troll in one more, and just insane feeding in two of them.

The promo series is kind of dumb, when you really think about it. If you're good enough to advance, just advance us. It's a roll of the dice in those series, but just by getting to them haven't you already proven that you're ready to move out of that division/tier? I dunno man, the whole promo series seems arbitrary and I think that some dickheads are checking lolking and trolling when people are at 100 LP or whatever.

I don't know what else can explain the Fizz jungler last night. At times he was just standing completely still, doing nothing and letting the golems pound on him while not even auto attacking. The only time he came to lane was to die. I don't think that was accidental.

Getting rid of promos would be so nice. That's one area where I really miss the StarCraft 2 ladder system.

I could ward more (unless I'm support, where I actually buy a Sighstone unlike the unwashed masses in Bronze that just build AP):

Fuetk7V.png

Failed my promos to get out of bronze last night, but I'll get back into them before the weekend again. I was a bit irritated at how terrible my teams were though. Like, they weren't just bad, they were some of the worst I've ever had. I swear that in promo series you get the absolute worst of the bunch available. I only played four games, but in two of them the team was fighting the whole time during champ select, I had a rage quitter in another, a troll in one more, and just insane feeding in two of them.

The promo series is kind of dumb, when you really think about it. If you're good enough to advance, just advance us. It's a roll of the dice in those series, but just by getting to them haven't you already proven that you're ready to move out of that division/tier? I dunno man, the whole promo series seems arbitrary and I think that some dickheads are checking lolking and trolling when people are at 100 LP or whatever.

I don't know what else can explain the Fizz jungler last night. At times he was just standing completely still, doing nothing and letting the golems pound on him while not even auto attacking. The only time he came to lane was to die. I don't think that was accidental.

Getting rid of promos would be so nice. That's one area where I really miss the StarCraft 2 ladder system.
I don't 100% believe that lots of people have real issues and whatnot with promos. I think a lot of people are under more pressure to win their promo games and get mad/frustrated a lot quicker. I'm not saying you didn't get trolled, as you probably did. I can tell you for a fact that if you are good enough no matter what you'll win your promos eventually.

Seriously though, most bronze/silver friend I watch would be in Gold if they would just learn where and when to ward in what roles and why. Warding is what seperates most Silver players from Gold.

Jeff-DSA

People give him too much respect. There's so much Udyr can do if you know what you're doing, specially in this meta.

I mean sure he's not exactly bad but he's far from being even remotely overpowered.

If he gets ahead, he's pretty silly though. Also, if they keep buffing tank junglers, he's going to end up downright broken.

This is pointless if it doesn't take into account the length of a game.
Also it's more pointless because it doesn't go by elo.

A Diamond player placing 20 wards in a game almost assuredly does so more effectively than someone in Plat/Gold/Silver/Bronze placing the same or more.

Placing wards is great, but not placing them in the right locations or wasting them is very detrimental and seperates good players from not so good players.

There will still be an inherent link between more wards and a higher elo though, I'd imagine.
Yes and no.

I hover between Diamond 2 and 3 and mainly support and midlane. Some of the people here have a better wardscore than me but I'd wager are much less effective with how they ward. Keep in mind I don't really know the elo of other GAFers.

In bot lane a lot of early warding comes down to timing and it can take a good while to get a feel for it. Lane matchups and both junglers can influence and change timing.

zkylon

zkylewd
i got mediocre lol

This is an excellent Irelia guide that also explains different matchups and how to play them:
http://www.solomid.net/guide/view/125423-irelia-build-guide-apc-fighter-by-aileri
thanks

People give him too much respect. There's so much Udyr can do if you know what you're doing, specially in this meta.

I mean sure he's not exactly bad but he's far from being even remotely overpowered.
i like your new avatar

do u have the full picture?

it's kinda butchered when u scaled it

V_Arnold

I play Kayle now, and I even I think that her E needs to
- Cost more
- Have a bit of a higher cooldown
- Have a slightly shorter duration
- Scale less with either AD or AP. Or both.

She would still be viable with it. But when you essentially can keep it up at all times, you are just a glorified ADC that benefits from AP as well :D

Mothman91

Yeah, her E is ridiculous. Is that the only skill you can keep up at all times with enough cdr? Imagine having Fiora have her attack speed steroid up all the time.

don't shittalk my medieval economics simulator.
Go watch the far superior and plot-heavy - you know, plot - Maou Yuusha

I play Kayle now, and I even I think that her E needs to
- Cost more
- Have a bit of a higher cooldown
- Have a slightly shorter duration
- Scale less with either AD or AP. Or both.

She would still be viable with it. But when you essentially can keep it up at all times, you are just a glorified ADC that benefits from AP as well :D
The AP scaling on her E is being cut by half next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom