• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I knew that my Ahri is at least Gold. And that I was a better support than the average in Silver. Then I just played mid/support/adc, or Shyvana if I had to go top. Some many ranked games latter, 20-40 and done.

And don't keep playing if you lose a game, take a break first.
Yeah good tips. My problem is that I need like, a coach or something to teach me fundamentals of the game. I've literally played 1000-2000 League games overall I suspect, of various types, and maybe a few HUNDRED games each ranked season, so I very solidly deserve bronze or low silver. I learn little bits, and one season I played like 100 Riven games and 100 Katarina games and took notes on each game to try to improve. I am very forgetful unless I focus very specifically on a champion like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah good tips. My problem is that I need like, a coach or something to teach me fundamentals of the game. I've literally played 1000-2000 League games overall I suspect, of various types, and maybe a few HUNDRED games each ranked season, so I very solidly deserve bronze or low silver. I learn little bits, and one season I played like 100 Riven games and 100 Katarina games and took notes on each game to try to improve. I am very forgetful unless I focus very specifically on a champion like that.

yea maybe after that many games you could use some reading or something to like put the mechanics you picked up over so many matches to good use

Blizzard

Banned
Part of it is I virtually never watch good players or read overall gameplay guides for champions so I sort of draw my own solo queue lessons rather than seeing what good players do.

Like, there are presumably rules where if you're champion X vs. champion Y, you rush an early level 2 and then you do cheese Z, or you wait until level 3, or you know that you do 750 burst damage and you wait until the numbers match up just right and then execute properly.

I'm at the stage where I try to push towers and get high CS compared to everyone else. I also buy wards and pinging map things. :p

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Lol I was gone for an hour and so much fun happened.

Question 1: What is the best way to learn Kass mid? What is a good build order?

Kass start flask + 3 pots, level 1 get q, level 2 w. Just spam q on enemy for free harass, use w on cd to last hit so you can infinite mana to harass.

Build order is
1. ROA
2. frozen fist or hourglass against heavy ad
or
2. Deathcap

then eventually void staff, bv, as needed.

zkylon

zkylewd
Part of it is I virtually never watch good players or read overall gameplay guides for champions so I sort of draw my own solo queue lessons rather than seeing what good players do.

Like, there are presumably rules where if you're champion X vs. champion Y, you rush an early level 2 and then you do cheese Z, or you wait until level 3, or you know that you do 750 burst damage and you wait until the numbers match up just right and then execute properly.

I'm at the stage where I try to push towers and get high CS compared to everyone else. I also buy wards and pinging map things. :p

yea like it depends on what you want out of the game but seeing as you've played like a good 2k games maybe you're a bit tired of being in bronze or something

i'd say just keep your champion pool small and reliable and just play a ton

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=123364976

I mean here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e4UKj2nb-Q&feature=youtu.be

you cant always blame your team for losing. i have the same problem where i just get super mad and scream at my computer but after the game, i can reflect and see what i fucked up on and how i can change it for next game.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

No offense but I think the problems may stretch way beyond being mechanically apt at the game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
watching jeff's promo.

where else can you see 5cs vs 5cs at the 4 minute mark.

edit: awwwww shite, garen with the unwise towerdive and our hero gets a kill!

DeadNames

Banned
I fucking hate ap tristana. It suck massive cock getting an undodgeable 700 damage dot immediately followed by a stupid ass nuke.

Fuck her and fuck anyone with the lack of humanity to play a ranged top laner.

zkylon

zkylewd
I fucking hate ap tristana. It suck massive cock getting an undodgeable 700 damage dot immediately followed by a stupid ass nuke.

i was following until the last part

ranged top laners is all i can play T_T

i really like how like 7 minutes into this video guy goes crazy about some peppers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUfYewyK1WI&list=UUWIfnDrWU_Cvc1a8qZribhA

i think closer would appreciate it

zkylon

zkylewd
It's the most frustrating experience. "Lol have fun eating these autos while you cant do shit because ranged champs also get to have anti melee mechanics".
yea, basically

it's torture for the top laner and like champions i like to play like lissandra can deal with all-ins pretty easily too so it's not like you give them any choice

but i don't like bruiser champions so that's what i do

sorry

So my entire team got anhiquilated by a top Jinx, stuff happens but damn that dude was using her pokes like crazy he literally carried the entire enemy team to victory, he even did a backdoor killing our defenses and destroyed the core.

Blizzard

Banned
No offense but I think the problems may stretch way beyond being mechanically apt at the game.
What are some concrete suggestions you would offer to improve?

Why I mentioned the spectate/coach thing -- I suspect there are super basic aspects of the game I simply don't grasp well (when to attack, when to defend, when to do objectives, etc.), and/or I don't retain things that I learn long enough to consistently put them into play. I'm sometimes good at being formulaic and ordered, but very bad at being creative, improvising, or learning on the fly. It may be a learning disability, or just old age, or psychology. My memory used to be awesome, but it's certainly not anymore.

I figure if I give up trying to learn and remember things it won't help either, though! So I'll at least keep trying, and maybe something will stick. For an example of a screwup today, I used Fiora ult on Vlad -- it didn't even occur to me that his pool will simply dodge all the damage. Oops. However, I managed not to end laning phase too far behind, kept a good attitude, roamed mid once for a kill, and tried to be near teamfights so that I could get help. The Vlad raged and it went well overall.

Maybe this is the beginning of an upward trend!

*edit* Thanks for the Night Blue reminder. I have heard those videos are good, and maybe they can provide some useful general principles even if they're several patches back.

Jeff-DSA

This is my life.

The Fizz was trolling hard. Lucian quit (who can blame him), and I was the only one ahead in my lane until Fizz gave Garen a couple of kills. At one point our team was down 2 to 22 in kills (both mine, but like it mattered).

2 games, 2 losses. Promos aren't going well.

Edit: Might as well play game 3 and end this promo charade.

Game 3 is off to a lovely start with the team fighting in selection. "Do not ban Akali." *Bans Akali.*

cj1Lmip.png

Firestorm

After my placement matches I was placed in Silver IV. Just won my promo series into Silver III :D

Kinda feel like I'm cheating as I usually duo which means that The chances of getting the role I like (Support) is now 1/4 instead of 1/5 and there's a higher chance there's someone on my team who knows what they're doing :p

Jeff-DSA

I struggled early against Leblanc with Talon, but came alive at level 6. I gave her a really dumb kill though when I went to run away and accidentally clicked the mini map and walked right back to her. That one was for free. After that I kept her in check, but as expected, I kinda got blown up in the team fights after throwing down my burst.

My mechanics have become poop. My CS is terrible. My ganks barely end up in anything good. My recent wins involved someone else hard carrying everyone else. :( I'm sure that if I play now, I'll get put in Bronze.

Been practicing a lot more top laning recently. I notice that while I often beat or zone out the other laner, I'm having trouble dealing with ganks. I often die to ganks. Playing mostly Yasuo top, Jayce/Jax, every now and then and Nasus whenever I feel like chilling.

Blizzard

Banned
I struggled early against Leblanc with Talon, but came alive at level 6. I gave her a really dumb kill though when I went to run away and accidentally clicked the mini map and walked right back to her. That one was for free. After that I kept her in check, but as expected, I kinda got blown up in the team fights after throwing down my burst.
You might want to look through the ingame options screens. I -think- there is one that disables minimap clicks so that you won't accidentally walk or skillshot in a weird direction because of the minimap.

Jeff-DSA

You might want to look through the ingame options screens. I -think- there is one that disables minimap clicks so that you won't accidentally walk or skillshot in a weird direction because of the minimap.

Ah, nice. I'd like it to be a control click for movement. That would be perfect.

Ferrio

Banned
anyone has like any basic irelia tips

i've been thinking about trying her again

Not a very good irelia player, and most these probably "no shit" but:

-Play semi passive till around 9 when you'll have full hiten style.
-When you wanna engage on your oppenent from range, Q to a low health minion next to them to close the gap. Some people are idiots and it'll catch them off guard when they go up to cs, since you still have your Q you can still chase them down.
-Try to fight in/near minions when you have your ult, so you can hit both your opponent and their wave with it.
-When trading, activate W smack them a few times then get out.
-Conserve mana when you can, it's her biggest weakness early game.
-Her main combo is suppose to be W-AA-Q-AA-E

Jeff-DSA

No promo. Bot fed like crazy. Thanks Maoki support, that was a GREAT idea.

If your support never buys a ward or a support item, everybody on the team should get a loss prevented and they should be banned for 3 months.

tm24

Played with an ap trist earlier. All i did was black shield her and she did the rest. Just totally no sold vayne's and nami's CC

zkylon

zkylewd
Not a very good irelia player, and most these probably "no shit" but:

-Play semi passive till around 9 when you'll have full hiten style.
-When you wanna engage on your oppenent from range, Q to a low health minion next to them to close the gap. Some people are idiots and it'll catch them off guard when they go up to cs, since you still have your Q you can still chase them down.
-Try to fight in/near minions when you have your ult, so you can hit both your opponent and their wave with it.
-When trading, activate W smack them a few times then get out.
-Conserve mana when you can, it's her biggest weakness early game.
-Her main combo is suppose to be W-AA-Q-AA-E
thanks for the tips

i think this is gonna be my set roster for ranked as i make my climb

bans: lee, yasuo and morgana

top: panth and lizzy
mid: ori, lizzy, syndra and lux
support: thresh, nami and sona
adc: mf and jinx

sounds like my kind of group. i mean like you can see my top lane options are kind of limited so that's why i wanna learn maybe one or two normal ones.

this week i'm starting, only one win to gold 2, imma try to do one or two ranked games every day

man, of all the days I miss Doto vs. LoL drama, it had to be yesterday when Haly got banned.

although in a way I'm kinda glad cos I enjoy being able to use my account on GAF

That's a great problem to have, really. Buy some wards, win the game.

Problem: I saw their jungler coming. :(

It really irritates me when I zone them (or they just play super passive) which shoves minions and somehow they get frozen there, even though I only last hit. It leaves me feeling very vulnerable to ganks and feel the need to farm somewhere safe.

Who is a good support with Corki? This person I duo with keeps picking him and he's a good ADC overall, but Nami just doesn't mesh well with him IMO. Bear in mind I really CBA playing Thresh or Leo.

When the hell is that map redesign coming out, my friend told me like another year.

*Rito time

Who is a good support with Corki? This person I duo with keeps picking him and he's a good ADC overall, but Nami just doesn't mesh well with him IMO. Bear in mind I really CBA playing Thresh or Leo.

*Rito time

I think Nami's really good with Corki. The amount of burst you can put on someone if you land a bubble, plus the slow on E makes it really easy to land your Q.

Leona's really good. Even if you don't wanna play her. Zyra is probably pretty good with him, again just because of the sheer burst damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom