• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

The chatroom has 2 other users, just like yesterday.
Is LoL really that unpopular amongst Euro GAF or am I doing something wrong?
I was offline yesterday, there should have been one more ;)
There are a couple of us, I usually see 5 or so people at a time in the chat room. Nagaf is definitely more popular though.

Tizoc

Goddamn Akali going all Leeroy charging into mofos in thsi recent game I lost.
Gonna try Warwick again only this time I'll stick to my main route:
Blue>Red>Farm camps
Build-wise I'll go Feral>Boots+Armor>Wit's End>tank up

drawkcaB

I love the look of the new tanky jungle items. I think Zac and Sejuani might be coming out of retirement for me. Highest winrate junglers S3 for me.

Temper your expectations on Sejuani. First few times I tried her out on PBE with Quill Coat/new SotAG I thought it was an improvement, but going back and forth from 4.10 to 4.11 PBE she actually sustains worse with Quill Coat. New SotAG is a better late game, particularly because of her bonus health damage scaling, but at the time of purchase it makes her weaker. All told she'll be where she is now.

Zac will be better, but that has more to do with the W buff than the jungle item changes. His W with some CDR behind it was already close to Amumu Despair levels of AoE damage, now it's potentially better late game. Definitely going to give him another whirl.

Maokai will see the biggest win rate increase, but like Zac it has more to do with his kit changes which on the whole are a buff. Naut buff on his passive will do fuck all.

garath

Temper your expectations on Sejuani. First few times I tried her out on PBE with Quill Coat/new SotAG I thought it was an improvement, but going back and forth from 4.10 to 4.11 PBE she actually sustains worse with Quill Coat. New SotAG is a better late game, particularly because of her bonus health damage scaling, but at the time of purchase it makes her weaker. All told she'll be where she is now.

Zac will be better, but that has more to do with the W buff than the jungle item changes. His W with some CDR behind it was already close to Amumu Despair levels of AoE damage, now it's potentially better late game. Definitely going to give him another whirl.

Maokai will see the biggest win rate increase, but like Zac it has more to do with his kit changes which on the whole are a buff. Naut buff on his passive will do fuck all.

Sejuani was largely about the huge mid to lategame teamfighting anyways. All said, that's her major strength. Early game was survive and counter gank to keep the team from getting stomped.

Zac's W change will be a big help. I still think the largest nerf he suffered was the changes to his ult, but the damage reduction on E and blob changes really hurt his clears. The defensive jungler item isn't a huge thing since he wasn't really lacking in sustain, just clear speed.

I wonder if a malphite jungle will benefit from the new item.

TomShoe

Banned
mfw new heimer skin

open-fridge.gif

drawkcaB

Tizoc said:
Can Maokai work in any lane aside from being a jungler?

Yes, particularly with the across the board mana cost reductions, although the change to R and max health % damage on W are also nice. You just have to be careful who you pick him against. Definitely not first pick material and fits best in "protect the X" comps and best paired with a high damage jungler.

The strategy is to encourage your jungler to come top early on because ganking for a Maokai top is super easy. If your jungler can get a few early kills and he's competent, he'll be able to pressure the map elsewhere the rest of the game while you simply keep your lane opponent in check.

Garath said:
Sejuani was largely about the huge mid to lategame teamfighting anyways. All said, that's her major strength. Early game was survive and counter gank to keep the team from getting stomped.

Yeah, which is my point. Faster Sejuani can get to mid/late game, faster she hits her stride. New SotAG delays that. You'll probably get a chance to do it before me, but on Sej (and a few other junglers, honestly) try Quill Coat -> Tank Item (e.g. Sunfire) -> SotAG. I have a feeling that it might end up being better for the same reason that getting DeathCap as your first and only item is a bad idea.

Edwardo

One time I went Maokai support and our adc was all excited thinking he was in for some sort of treat. This was pre-30 I think. Actually, pre-30 he was one of my favorite champs and I played him all over the place. Probably not that efficiently though.

DeadNames

Banned
One time I went Maokai support and our adc was all excited thinking he was in for some sort of treat. This was pre-30 I think. Actually, pre-30 he was one of my favorite champs and I played him all over the place. Probably not that efficiently though.

Same. He was one of the champs I first played and I loved him. Granted I built weird shit like lifesteal on him lol.

AcridMeat

Banned
I'd build it over bloodthirster definitely. Assassination potential is higher and some instant sustain. It's actually pretty great on him. Helps to burst tankier targets.

Haven't played him regularly in a long time though.

zkylon

zkylewd
guys

that hit on ziggs q is real

90% of my missed bombs wouldve hit pre patch

there are times when it lands literally right in front of someone but bounces over them instead of hit them
the end is coming

iWs35kXd4lxb6.gif

Any reason to build BoRK on Zed over Hydra or BT?
people used to buy it to use it with his ult but i'm guessing new bjork isn't so good for that

new bt is pretty bad no matter who buys it

BoTRK makes him a better duelist, splitpusher, adds to his burst since it amplifies the damage on his ult and gives him sustain on top of being pretty cheap. Even with the nerfs you should still get it, though Zed is prety much shit overall in the current state of the game.

Ferrio

Banned
I hated Kayle, but I don't agree on how they handled it.

Her E's ratio wasn't the problem, it's the frequency she could use it. Might as well of been a passive.

Tizoc

Thanks for the feedback. What about Zed atm that makes him not very good?
Still trying to learn how to properly use his shadow/W...

Kayle feels like using a water gun against a volcano.

Maybe in the early game, but if she's buffed and has her full set by the end game, she can still wreck shit no?

zkylon

zkylewd
he's prolly ok right now, not the best or anything but a decent splitpusher-assassin

he has the same issue as all other assassins but with mikaels being more expensive and kayle ult getting nerfed he's getting there

Jeff-DSA

I'm not in it for doing math, but someone tell me...how quickly can Tibbers be cast between cooldowns? I was playing a match where the other team's Annie was summoning Tibbers sometimes twice in one fight. She would stun/summon and then the fight would play out and then by the end she was summoning him again.

Something felt super off about that, but is there some mix of items that can make it really that short of a cooldown? I'll see if I can kind the match in my history and see the item build.

Mothman91

I'm not in it for doing math, but someone tell me...how quickly can Tibbers be cast between cooldowns? I was playing a match where the other team's Annie was summoning Tibbers sometimes twice in one fight. She would stun/summon and then the fight would play out and then by the end she was summoning him again.

Something felt super off about that, but is there some mix of items that can make it really that short of a cooldown? I'll see if I can kind the match in my history and see the item build.
With full cdr, she can summon it right back up if tibbers stays alive for the full duration.

TomShoe

Banned

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Normal Annie (0% CDR): 120 / 100 / 80

Full 40% CDR: 72/60/48 seconds

Tibbers can live for up to 45 seconds

3 seconds between casts

Musician

Hey don't be dissing Maokai Sup. Trying to figure out what items to buy to mitigate his horrible early game. You need tankyness, ap AND mana/regen. Next game I'm gonna experiment with Relic Shield/Seekers armguard! Adc's beware!

Kenai

Can Maokai work in any lane aside from being a jungler?

He's actually a decent support. Somewhat tanky, some sustain, some decent CC, can brushcheck and harass safe-ish with bulbs. He's not top tier or anything since he's gotta all-in despite having less CC/peel potential than Thresh/Braum/Leona but shouldn't be underestimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom