• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT6| My AP Mid Can't Be This Cute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

huh

why is that a problem of the spell then

No, I'm saying that the situation is dumb. It's not a problem for players who have half a brain, obviously. Problem is, I can only control me. One other dude on the team was trying to help me in telling them that you needed to get away from Annie any time Tibbers was down, because he'd be coming back. It never helped.

I don't find an issue with the spell. It would be nice if he wasn't constantly on the map, but aside from when he first spawns in, he's not that big of a deal.

Jeff-DSA

That should be plenty.

Didn't you watch the Fizz as jungler game I played? That was a match that was 100% impossible to do anything about. He only came to lane to die and spent a lot of time just standing in place. Bot lane and mid were feeding hard too. There are certainly times when you have zero impact on a match no matter what level you're playing at. The Annie/Tibbers match was one of those times.

zkylon

zkylewd
No, I'm saying that the situation is dumb. It's not a problem for players who have half a brain, obviously. Problem is, I can only control me. One other dude on the team was trying to help me in telling them that you needed to get away from Annie any time Tibbers was down, because he'd be coming back. It never helped.

I don't find an issue with the spell. It would be nice if he wasn't constantly on the map, but aside from when he first spawns in, he's not that big of a deal.
well what can you do. it's actually not a half a brain thing as a lot of people i know in platinum never bother to look at enemies' items and then get just as surprised as your teammates when they're permastunned by thresh or whatever

unrelated i had a friend that used to play tons of jungle fizz and do great

i miss his jungle fizz

don't feel as fond of his jungle zyra tho

Newt

Didn't you watch the Fizz as jungler game I played? That was a match that was 100% impossible to do anything about. He only came to lane to die and spent a lot of time just standing in place. Bot lane and mid were feeding hard too. There are certainly times when you have zero impact on a match no matter what level you're playing at. The Annie/Tibbers match was one of those times.
You should be able to control 90% of games in bronze.

jeff you should probably stop making excuses for your play and just focus on shit you did wrong in your last game. like i just played a 50 minute game because i fucked up top and tried to fight olaf as riven.

Ocho

Last night I lost a game were Tristana and I (Morgana) left lane like 8-0. Tristana was 14-0-10 (not sure about assists) by the end of mid game.

We follow our Eve jungler, to engage and end, enemy Gragas comes from the side while I was a bit far away and bursts Tristana from 100 to 0 in 1 sec thanks to his ult and Orianna's ult (he had ball). Teammates proceed to die while I pinged to back (our teammates were nowhere as strong as Trist, don't know why they thought they could take). We lost inhibitor because of that (I was the only survivor). Ok, no problem. Tristana is still 14-1 and extremely fed. I'm also extremely fed.

Continue to put pressure, we fight near their red, Tristana jumps to catch enemy Sona, enemy Sona ults (I wasn't near to shield him), Tristana dies to everyone bursting him. Teammates proceed to die. We lose game. Fucking Tristana players and their suicidal jumps.

At least Tristana recognized we lost the game entirely because of her. I prefer to lose with an AFK than to one single person making a reaaally dumb decision and costing us a 99% won game. Oh well.

erragal

You should be able to control 90% of games in bronze.

I'm old with slow old person mechanics and agree with this. Either you can completely mechanically outplay people at that level or you know so much about strategy/counterplay you can make the entire opposing team just continually walk into bad fights/picks.

Occasionally you run into 'ringers' on the other side which accounts for that 10%.

If you are going 50/50 in bronze you have huge holes in your game right now. Fortunately all facets can be improved. Solo practice cs'ing to work on precision micro, normal queue with the same champion repeatedly for lane applicable mechanics, study high level games/or start thinking about the game analytically for strategy, play toplane dominion to practice your teamfighting.

After every game ask yourself "How could I have carried that game." If you don't have an answer at all then you need to work on your macro knowledge a lot. Otherwise you correct the mistake next game.

There are certainly games which you may have been unable to adequately change the outcome in your favor but you get no benefit from that mindset. What helps is the mindset of always pushing your team's odds closer towards victory.

brian!

I don't know what the fuck to do with this, so I'll offer this for everyone else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZXc39hT8t4

xT1nhqy.jpg

Jeff-DSA

I don't see what your point is supposed to be. The fact that Tibbers can stay forever is meant to be OP or something?

No, I'm not complaining about the ability. I'm saying that it's really dumb how effective a high CDR build was on Annie. Like, if it nabs you once or twice you think your teammates would stop playing dangerously around Annie, but they didn't, despite being warned. I think the way I said it that it sounded like I was complaining about Annie. I wasn't. I was saying it was dumb how something so obvious to avoid was out of my control because my teammates were insistent on running in on her less than a minute after she killed someone else THE EXACT SAME WAY.

Ahem.

I'm winning more games than I'm losing. I generally win at about a 70% rate. I obviously go through runs of bad and good luck. The real curse of being in Bronze is that some people are immune to natural improvement, and you often get paired with one or two of them. They may have played thousands of matches, but they're still going to chase blindly into the jungle, and there's nothing you can do to carry your team beyond that if the dumbs and the not-quite-as-dumbs are tilted against you.

I'm just extra frustrated because after nice winning streaks my worst "can't do crap with these guys on my team" matches have come during promos, including the last one last night.

Edwardo

This week's adc roulette is telling me to keep playing Ashe. Ult too strong.

Last week was Draven. The week before was Lucian. Who could be next!

zkylon

zkylewd
yea 70% winrate and still being in bronze doesn't really add up, c'mon dude

like why are you complaining if you win so much, like i'm not even 60%

This week's adc roulette is telling me to keep playing Ashe. Ult too strong.

Last week was Draven. The week before was Lucian. Who could be next!

speaking of free week, brand is so much fun, i feel he could really get a few xerath-like tweaks and become really strong. i'm confused as to why they didn't actually go with the ult bouncing towards champions regardless of passive thingie that was once in pbe i think

Jeff-DSA

Don't make me do this.
1qqwsyC.jpg

That's because I started out WAY in the negative when I started ranked. I played a lot of support, and it was the worst thing I could have done. Over the last month my win rate has been a lot higher. I also lost every single match that I've duo queued with my friend, and we've agreed never to duo again (we lost about 15 matches together).

Edit: I just realized that I've never even won a duo queue match with anybody. Ever. Trippy.

Tizoc

This was one hell of an epic match.
JdhvGGP.jpg

Graves was our weakest link, but he performed as best as he can. In the end game they kept messing up and activating Hourglass which helped me score kills through my ulti.

Jeff-DSA

JdhvGGP.jpg

Graves was our weakest link, but he performed as best as he can. In the end game they kept messing up and activating Hourglass which helped me score kills through my ulti.

Get Youmuu's on Fiora. It's essential.

That's because I started out WAY in the negative when I started ranked. I played a lot of support, and it was the worst thing I could have done. Over the last month my win rate has been a lot higher. I also lost every single match that I've duo queued with my friend, and we've agreed never to duo again (we lost about 15 matches together).

Edit: I just realized that I've never even won a duo queue match with anybody. Ever. Trippy.
if you were winning 70% or more of your games, you'd be in silver by now ba-zing.

zkylon

zkylewd

sorry but if you literally lost 15 games with your friend then it's not a bronze thing or people not having half a brain and being able to tell when ani stun is up, you and your friend are the reason your teams lost

like seriously sit down and review how that shit even happens

JdhvGGP.jpg

wow you can't even tell what urgot's face's supposed to be in that thumbnail

Jeff-DSA

if you were winning 70% or more of your games, you'd be in silver by now ba-zing.

Probably will be tonight though. I'm on promos right now. Last promos didn't go so well. Lost the first one last night in a ridiculous throw, but am feeling confident in winning 3 of 4.

sorry but if you literally lost 15 games with your friend then it's not a bronze thing or people not having half a brain and being able to tell when ani stun is up, you and your friend are the reason your teams lost

like seriously sit down and review how that shit even happens

We generally lost because he screws around and does non-meta crap when he duos. Stuff like playing Janna in the mid or whatever. So yes, I was a willing participant in his douchebaggery, but as I said, we've agreed to not do that anymore because it was tanking my MMR (he doesn't give a crap about his, he plays with friends or not at all these day) and pissing people off. Sure, he'd try to win, but it wasn't successful. But that obviously didn't do much for my win percentages, though the biggest issue with my win percentage is my support playing. I just don't win as a support, like, ever. I know that and do my best to avoid supporting.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If you're the god of bronze, just go mid with a champ you like, get first blood 3 minutes in then roam and get the other lanes fed. Doesn't matter if they're the dumbest people on earth if they're 3 items ahead of the enemy laners.

JdhvGGP.jpg

there are two hurricanes on your team

ONE OF THEM IS ON URGOT

what

Jeff-DSA

If you're the god of bronze, just go mid with a champ you like, get first blood 3 minutes in then roam and get the other lanes fed. Doesn't matter if they're the dumbest people on earth if they're 3 items ahead of the enemy laners.

This is what I've started doing. I mean, I try to fill (aside from taking support) when I can tell that certain people are downright scared of taking certain roles. My priority is to grab mid or adc (my highest win rates by far), but I'm not going to instalock a champ in select if two dudes below are saying that they absolutely can't play top or jungle. I don't like putting teammates on tilt right from the get go.

But like I said, I should promote tonight. I'm getting 24 LP per win now, so even if I miss this promo (again), I'll be back in it the next day.

pigeon

Banned
I'm winning more games than I'm losing. I generally win at about a 70% rate. I obviously go through runs of bad and good luck. The real curse of being in Bronze is that some people are immune to natural improvement, and you often get paired with one or two of them.

That's probably because they think they're winning more games than they're losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom